It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by MentalData
Yes and since the 1930's we have been in a perpetual state of war in one for or another, just happens to coincide with the establishment of a central bank. I mean the past TEN YEARS have been ongoing wars that never end. The ongoing war cycle that Obama campained against, what did he do? Expand the Afghan war and start new ones. What the hell country is this? Why lack of desire to ever see a peaceful time, can we get one or two years where we're not invading and bombing and overthrowing? Maybe focus more on the homeland they like to defend so much. Gut the country while our entire armed forces are away for a decade. WAKE UP!

There has been more drone strikes in the Obama administration than the past administrations. And that's just drone strikes. Obama is pro war, ,mostly.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Why didn't you just say that you were voting for Obama in your initial post because of Mitch Daniels? About the whole right to work thing. I am a member of the local Electrical Union. My state is not right to work, though I wish it was. Making a state right to work forces unions to be accountable to their members. When members are forced to pay dues the union bosses do not do the job they should do. Imagine if they had to actually solicit membership using past results? Under the current situations members don't realize that they pay too much for lazy representation.

To address an issue with your OP, how is Obama responsible for bringing troops home? They scheduled to come home from Iraq before 2012 since Bush's days. Saying he is anti-war is also not genuine. He has involved us in Libya and surged troops in Afghanistan. Before the end of this year we will likely be in Iran also.

I would rather vote for Mickey Mouse than vote for Obama and what will come with a re-elected ego-maniac with nothing to campaign for in 2016. Projected national debt (by the Obama administration) for 2020 is around $30 trillion. If you truly cared for your daughter, like you claim, you would never burden her and her entire generation with that sort of debt, which you are doing by supporting Obama.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

There has been more drone strikes in the Obama administration than the past administrations. And that's just drone strikes. Obama is pro war, ,mostly.

I don't know that accelerated drone strikes means that he's pro-war but it definitely means that he's pro keeping our military son & daughters alive and keeping our nations war expenses to a minimum. I'm good with that.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

It definitely means he's not against war and conflicts. I think to date the USA has done most of its drone strikes in Libya, but coming in second is between Pakistan and Afghanistan. Pakistani's hold protests every now and then because sometimes these drones kills one of them.

Pakistanis protest U.S. drone attacks

old.tehrantimes.com...

edit on 27-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

Now, to the point: Why? Some of you probably already thought I would based on my most recent posts...although I have never came out screaming as a full blown Obama supporter....i used to be a STRONG STRONG advocate against him...as many here will know.

It's going to be a crazy year....I'm actually predicting an easy victory...should the economy at least remain stable. Usually Presidents do their major policies in their second term.....they have nothing to lose and can try to do far more bolder things than in their first term.
edit on 27-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

Do you really expect us to believe those two paragraphs?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
wow David, you made some great points. I say "wow" because it's coming from someone who was strongly anti-Obama.
What's funny is as an "Obama supporter," I'm NOT going to be voting for him. Not because I think one of the republican candidates would be better(Ron Paul excluded), nor am I voting for a republican. I'm just going to to be voting period. I don't trust politicians as far as I can throw them. I agree with Obama's policies(most of them, there are some I disagree with wholeheartedly), but deep down I'll never trust him.

Paranoia aside, Obama has been doing his very best to fix this country....do people forget the state of things when he took office? We ARE in a MUCH better position today, than we were 3 years ago. Despite the Republicans best efforts to stop ANYTHING Obama supports.
On a side note, I will never support someone who openly shouts out their love for corporate America(the same people who brought our country to recession in 2008 in the first place). I mean seriously, are people really going to vote for the same people who caused all of these problems in the first place?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Stupid is as stupid does.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
the election is a joke. and im sure a lot of you know that, but you still insist on wasting your energy on it. it doesnt make a difference who wins, not even paul. They'd kill him before they'd let him do what he'd want. Elections should be boycotted, and protested against.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Republicans=guaranteed war with Iran
Obama= likely war with Iran.

yeah, another reason why I'm not going to be voting...but I will discourage people from voting for Mitt the ripper, or Newt the newt.
I'm sorry but this election really is an election between two evils, and Obama is the lesser of the two.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
the election is a joke. and im sure a lot of you know that, but you still insist on wasting your energy on it. it doesnt make a difference who wins, not even paul. They'd kill him before they'd let him do what he'd want. Elections should be boycotted, and protested against.

I know they are a joke...but it IS fun to play along.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

WE ARE ALL STILL HERE

Please tell that to the innocent babies, children, and women who are now dead or injured as a result of Obama's predator drone campaign in Libya. He DIDN'T consult with congress and launched the attack two DAYS after ONE UN resolution had passed ... all this in SPITE of a huge Libyan protest in Tripoli consisting of roughly 1/3 of the population.

Yeah.

Tell them that.
edit on 27-1-2012 by followtheevidence because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

WE ARE ALL STILL HERE

Please tell that to the innocent babies, children, and women who are now dead or injured as a result of Obama's predator drone campaign in Libya. He DIDN'T consult with congress and launched the attack two DAYS after ONE UN resolution had passed ... all this in SPITE of a huge protest in Tripoli consisting of roughly 1/3 of the Libyan population.

Yeah.

Tell them that.

You realize that he did it through a treaty that we were under from long before he was president right? Per the Constitution, what he did is perfectly legit...
I disagree with it completely, but it is legal and constitutional.

If Obama truly did anything against the Constitution, the Republicans would have hopped on him like a jackrabbit.
I'm pretty sure the Republicans are just jealous that they couldn't of done it first, haha. They have to be pisssssed about Obama claiming credit for OBL's death.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If Paul isn't the nominee, then I'm not voting for Obama (or anyone). Why the hell would I contribute to a "democratic process" that is nothing but a facade for the oligarchs that really pick the next president? It's pointless. Obama may have been "trying his best", but he's also enacted enough unconstitutional nonsense that would have had any previous president impeached & the country up in arms.

Request and sign the NDAA section 1021? Perfectly ok. Extend the patriot act? Nothing to worry about. Unilaterally partake in the bombing of innocent children overseas? Pardonable. Break 90 percent of your promises or distort the truth? Everyday presidential material. Enshrine the idea a president can order assassinations on whomever he pleases? Hey at least we can watch the football game.

All you would have to do to get him impeached is catch him in a sex scandal.

Seriously, America's priorities are so f*&^^d up it's beyond surreal.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Raelsatu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

I have to admire your spunk.
I came over here to see who was bragging about voting for Obama here where the only thing "friendly" is fire.

...a little play on words.

I'm voting for him too, but say that too loud and it's like breaking an abscess. Ugly and it stinks.

I think most of these posters are middle schoolers though.
I can tell when an adult chimes in. They start making sense.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   

and...

Originally posted by Raelsatu
If Paul isn't the nominee, then I'm not voting for Obama (or anyone). Why the hell would I contribute to a "democratic process" that is nothing but a facade for the oligarchs that really pick the next president? It's pointless. Obama may have been "trying his best", but he's also done enough unconstitutional nonsense that would have had any previous president impeached.

Request and sign the NDAA section 1021? Perfectly ok. Extend the patriot act? Nothing to worry about. Unilaterally partake in the bombing of innocent children overseas? Pardonable. Break 90 percent of your promises or distort the truth? Everyday presidential material.

All you would have to do to get him impeached is catch him in a sex scandal.

Seriously, America's priorities are so f*&^^d up it's beyond surreal.

Well no, you don't have to vote...but I hope I don't hear you complaining.
Of course you will lose your right to complain.

edit on 27-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

WE ARE ALL STILL HERE

Please tell that to the innocent babies, children, and women who are now dead or injured as a result of Obama's predator drone campaign in Libya. He DIDN'T consult with congress and launched the attack two DAYS after ONE UN resolution had passed ... all this in SPITE of a huge NATO protest in Tripoli consisting of roughly 1/3 of the Libyan population.

Yeah.

Tell them that.

However...thanks to special forces and the drone operations we have limited regular military involvement and American deaths. Not that that should be considered or weighed against anyone else's death. A life is a life.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Paranoia aside, Obama has been doing his very best to fix this country.

He's terribly misguided by his Marxist upbringing. We know that he was brought up by and around Marxists by his books and by Jerome Corsi and by who he associates with. He cannot think any other way, even if he is just a stooge for TPTB, he is unmistakeably skewed to Marxism. TPTB just can use him as a left hegelian in their NWO plans.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

CHARLES FORT HAS A MASSIVE COMPILATION OF SORTS LIKE THIS!!!!!!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I'm voting for him too, but say that too loud and it's like breaking an abscess. Ugly and it stinks.

I think most of these posters are middle schoolers though.
I can tell when an adult chimes in. They start making sense.

Laughable.

Voting for Obama again is like cutting off the nose,to spite your face.

"We have to pass the bill so you can find out what is in it"........

Is this what children do ,when they cant get it their way?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Well no you don't have to vote...but I hope I don't hear you complaining.

I'm tired of that rehashed & irrational statement. The point is that regardless of who I vote for, or you, whomever takes the oval office for the next term will continue in the interest of the elites.

You can count on me "complaining" when we live in a totalitarian state. But at that point we'll most likely be past just complaining.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join