It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Flatfish

Obama's biggest supporters have no Problems with THEIR versions of the Facts. As I stated,and showed you with other facts,CHERRY PICKING to make him look better is dishonest.

Whats Obama's stance on Gitmo?
NDAA?
Patriot Act?

Heck,Half of America DIDN'T want Obama-care,but did that stop him?

Really,people have NO problem painting him as the guy who walked into a mess,but fail to mention the messes he has kept going,or created himself. I could go on and on......

All I will get though is but, but ,but ,but ,but ,but ,but......................

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Hi David, glad to see you around;

I too will gladly be voting for Obama over Romney, Gingrich, Santorum, et al, with only one exception - Paul.

The establishment GOP candidates only represent the worst policies of their party, the same policies that stuck us in this mess. I have reservations about Ron Paul too, mostly over his environmental and regulation stances, but I consider those minor issues compared to his valid stances on foreign policy, the military, and the Federal Reserve. Unfortunately as a realist I acknowledge it'll be a very slim chance he'll ever get the nomination.

Barring a Ron Paul miracle, I'll be voting Obama.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Buy right into what the media says about Ron Paul not being electable so thus you don't vote for him = they win.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Got a question Black.If Ron Paul doesn't win the GOP Nomination,would you consider on voting Ron Paul,as a write in?
I ask because you will get exactly what the Democrat Party is hoping for in reality. Split votes,and Obama winning regardless. Conscious cleared also,that you voted for the man you wanted in the first place.

Hell,many voted for Ross Perot,and look at history to see what happened there.........

Edit to add......

Ron Paul has MANY supporters,and you never know if that might propel him also........
edit on 27-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Write-in votes just never do well, and Paul has made it clear he won't consider a 3rd-party run. The GOP should not repeat the same mistake it made with Perot, he was the best candidate they had then too, but the establishment GOP couldn't get behind him. I'd gladly vote for Perot this time around if he were running, over Obama.

If the GOP nominates Romney or Gingrich or Santorum, they will not be getting my vote.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The man waited for New Years to quietly slip the NDAA into existence.

And critics are now voting for him? luckily I've personally heard more about stories of leavers than joiners.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by sonnny1

Write-in votes just never do well, and Paul has made it clear he won't consider a 3rd-party run. The GOP should not repeat the same mistake it made with Perot, he was the best candidate they had then too, but the establishment GOP couldn't get behind him. I'd gladly vote for Perot this time around if he were running, over Obama.

If the GOP nominates Romney or Gingrich or Santorum, they will not be getting my vote.

I hear you.

I also understand Davids frustration.

NDAA was the final straw. I hope all that consider Obama remember it,when they vote for him.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by getreadyalready

Then we would have a real contest for once. I want to see how Paul holds up to Obama in a debate.

Other than that, I have no plans to vote,especially since TPTB will just give MY vote to the person they support.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Wouldn't if I were you.

The guy talks a good talk but does not follow through on his own advice.

1) Order to appear before court. "Obama: we should all do are part as Americans!" No matter how trivial the court case is, not showing up to a court case, doesn't say much about his character and the words he so speaks. He refused a judges order, TWICE. Where is his bench warrant? Where's his contempt?

2) Refuses to sign a bill for the oil trade from Canada to Mexico, to allow at least 250,000 jobs for Americans, unless he's re-elected. Canada and Mexico, may now decide to go with China due to the refusal and procrastination.

3) Passed a bill to allow immunity and no prosecution for banks who used their clients.

etc.. and list just goes on.

Be voting for someone else this year.

Besides, Obama never won his election truthfully like any of the other presidents did. It was given to him. Mc Cain basically dropped out of the race. Or, do you not remember? Where was the competition? It was "Here's the seat, no one is running and we need a president, kind of deal."

Give me a break.

The more I start to learn about the guy, the less I start to like him. And I hate politics.

edit on 27-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

lol he hasnt done anything he's a no good bottomfeeder schmuck.
he proposed to cut 1 trillion from defense over ten years, Ron Paul promises to do that his first year in office.
Not to mention obamacare encroaching on our constitutional rights. and his selling out to wall street cronies and caused horrible inflation and devalued the american dollar by pushing for stimulus packages.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
I could not in good conscience vote for a Democrat.
And, with the exception of the universal healthcare debacle....which I don't think a Republican would have signed
....most things Obama has done or not done would have been done or not done by the Republican in office.

There's actually a good reason for this.
Please note that when Bush was selling the country down the river, people were loudly and royally upset.
Obama continues many of the same practices...or worse...and there is either silence or agreement.
I'd even go so far as to say TPTB wanted him in office to pass "health care".

I know I feel poorer, less free and less optimist about America's future than I did four years ago!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please know that the POTUS and CONUS do not run the country.
Banks do.
Corporations do.
Lobbyists do.

At least with a Republican, I feel people will protest more....not assume the government has their best interest at heart,.
Just think how vocal and popular OCCUPY would be if a Republican were in office.
Maybe Amerika would even have a fighting chance.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

I don't blame you... I really don't.
I mean come on, realistically, we have a pathetic choice of candidates.
Moon base? Who the hell is going to pay for that?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Voting for the Devil you know, huh? I don't blame you, really. He's a known quantity. You know absolutely that he will continue the murders of the citizens of sovereign nations, you know absolutely that he will continue the restrictions on our freedoms, you know absolutely that he will continue being a friend to corporations, giving them our hard-earned money and waiting patiently for them to fold and not pay any of it back, and you know absolutely that he will continue his flagrant disregard for constitutional law.

The Republocrat candidates only might do all that, so you're hedging your bets and going with the one that absolutely will. Well, I hope you get what you absolutely deserve for voting for Obama. I know it's what you will want!

/TOA

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
OP,

You might have to "write him in"

LOL

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Your evidence that intelligents declines with age!

Foreign National ,Barry Hussein Harrison J.Bounel Barack Soetoro Obama...One Giant Step Backward For The USA!
edit on 27-1-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   

I already predicted an easy Obama victory in November and in posts since then stating exactly what you discovered recently:

That none of the Republican candidates are up to scratch and intended to fail against Obama so he can get his second term in office.

If only more were like you and coming along to my thinking, would be a lot less nonsense about how Ron Paul will win in a landslide and build playgrounds made of rainbows with wild unicorns running free through lush grass.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthRconsequences357
Your evidence that intelligents declines with age!

Foreign National ,Barry Hussein Harrison J.Bounel Barack Soetoro Obama...One Giant Step Backward For The USA!
edit on 27-1-2012 by truthRconsequences357 because: (no reason given)

Wait, is that implied xenophobia that only somebody born within the United States (not its territories or to a US national elsewhere in the world but right there in America) can qualify as President of the nation or is it just that ludicrous obsession with his birth certificate coming to the fore?

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
the hillbillies spoke. if a guy isn't going to nuke iran and kick ass around the globe, he isn't fit for president.

saying that, the economy in the south hasn't changed for over a century.

as long as their pickups run, the beers cold, jimmy johnson wins the daytona 500 and the bass bite, there's no way ron paul will win the nomination.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

No he's not. He's just full of balogna and he is a complete liar.

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Fifth: Obama HAS brought troops home....it's not exactly what I want (i'm more in line with Paul on his foreign policy..although not completely)....but it's certainly better than all of the current Republican candidates that are electable. He has also curbed military spending...which is a great thing.

This prolly has already been covered but I haven't read every post, but as far as Obama bringing the troops "home", I guess you can give him credit but lets be real here, he didn't bring them home, they were coming home on that date because it was deemed so before Obama was even Prez. So it doesn't matter who was the prez during this time, the troops were coming home regardless.

President Bush and Iraq Prime Minister Maliki Sign the Strategic Framework Agreement and Security Agreement

georgewbush-whitehouse.archives.gov...

The various political institutions have taken a very strong leadership position and the agreement was ratified, was approved by our political system, our parliament, and various institutions of the Iraqi government. They have approved and ratified the SOFA agreement and the withdrawal of American forces. We believe that these efforts culminated the height of real understanding and cooperation and friendship between Iraq and the United States. Now remains the part of implementing such an agreement. Now we are in the process of forming the proper committees that will carry out all elements of the various two agreements that were signed -- and I'm referring to the various fields, military, scientific, educational, commerce, as well as economic fields.

U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA)

en.wikipedia.org...

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: "Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq") was a status of forces agreement (SOFA) between Iraq and the United States. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.[1]

So in reality you can thank Bush for the troop withdrawal, not Obama.
edit on 27-1-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join