It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Bisman

The normalcy bias, or normality bias, refers to a mental state people enter when facing a disaster. It causes people to underestimate both the possibility of a disaster occurring and its possible effects. This often results in situations where people fail to adequately prepare for a disaster, and on a larger scale, the failure of governments to include the populace in its disaster preparations. The assumption that is made in the case of the normalcy bias is that since a disaster never has occurred then it never will occur. It also results in the inability of people to cope with a disaster once it occurs. People with a normalcy bias have difficulties reacting to something they have not experienced before. People also tend to interpret warnings in the most optimistic way possible, seizing on any ambiguities to infer a less serious situation

Yep,that fits.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tw0Sides

Originally posted by Flatfish
If you didn't make the claim, then what is this?

I did say 30 days, but everything the man says is not on utube, But he did say it, 5 years ago.
In the vid I linked , he says the first thing he will do as Prez , is bring troops home.

He did say it, but he back pedaled well before the elections when he realized he was just shooting off the cuff and it wasn't possible. Still don't think he met the later timeline either, but that is really besides the point. He got them out of there as fast as he could, given the struggles he had with the opposition both in the government and in the military. I am sure there is significant knowledge not released until he is actually president, and with this knowledge in hand, timelines and actions may have to be reconsidered. I am pretty sure the anti-obama crew wouldn't be happy if he overrode evryone and dictated the troops leave. or would you?

Personally I feel let down by Obama's first term. I was expecting much more progress on social issues which we have not had. I hate Obamacare as I am a big advocate for a public option. When I am undegoing medical care, I do not want profit for the doctor or the insurance company to be a major consideration in my care. Other than that he didn't get anything through. As for the NDAA and such, I think the ramifications of those are being way overblown and if he had not signed them he would be labeled non-patrioc by your crowd, as there was neccesary things in these bills as well.

I would be willing to vote for someone else if any of them proved themselves worthy of my vote, but Obama stands for more of my positions than any of the other candidates by a pretty good margin. I will also be voting Democrat across the board for the first time simply because I want to see what Obama will do when he has complete support from the Congress. although it would be nice if Pelosi and Frank got kicked out. They represent failure and we need new blood.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Now, to the point: Why? Some of you probably already thought I would based on my most recent posts...although I have never came out screaming as a full blown Obama supporter....i used to be a STRONG STRONG advocate against him...as many here will know.

Times change...opinions change.

First: Quite frankly, all the Republican candidates are complete disasters...yes, i know many here are Ron Paul supporters, but it is simply not possible for Ron Paul to win the nomination....and should he have become a threat...you'd see what happened to Gingrich happen to him. The establishment will get what it wants...that's how it is for the GOP.

So vote for the lesser evil? And if RP doesn't win it's because many won't vote for him because they feel he can't win. Makes no sense.

Second: Despite all of the craziness that has happened the last few years, through all the hatred, the hard times, the uncertainly...much of which still exists.....WE ARE ALL STILL HERE.

Of course we are still here. Can't destroy America and the World in a day. Takes time and takes people to keep voting for the mad man.

Third: Some of us are struggling...some are not....and although the situation could be much better...it could certainly be FAR FAR WORSE.....even with all of the obstruction and a do nothing Congress and Senate that we have.

Have patience. Although it could be better, it hasn;t even become close to doing so. It IS getting worse and will continue to do so under this lunatic.

Fourth: The middle class is in the middle of a collapse...wealth disparity has exploded. I look at our prior history, the middle class was the strongest when tax rates were the highest for the most wealthy. The last 30 years we have completely gone in the opposite direction....now most families...both parents have to work....affecting the time we can spend with our children. It has to change....we cannot blame everything on the education system....much of the problem can be cast on both parents having to work (because wages have not kept up with inflation). But to the point, Obama wants to head in the direction of raising taxes on the highest earners...and i support it.

This was a promise he made during the first election as well. Four years later and it still hasn't happened. Why is he promising again? Election time!

Fifth: Obama HAS brought troops home....it's not exactly what I want (i'm more in line with Paul on his foreign policy..although not completely)....but it's certainly better than all of the current Republican candidates that are electable. He has also curbed military spending...which is a great thing.

I could go on....but that's where I am currently. I want my friends, neighbors, family, and my country...to be strong again....and it's in MY OPINION that the current crop of Republicans will set us on a pace for disaster....and that is why I'm voting for Obama.

See #4. He is promising the same as his forst election and only now is he bringing them home...just in time for election. But of course he also needs the troops home to become the new face of police forces in America. If you don't see this, you should vote for him.

I actually feel sorry for you but mostly for America because of people that continue to take the entire World down the rabbit hole to the New World Order at the hands of Obama and his handlers.

Peace...But I'm guessing this isn't what you want is it?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

He has brought the troops home, but what about the Mercenaries? 17000 Mercenaries reside in the world's biggest embassy in Iraq, that to me is an invading force.

The new trick in the book to fool Americans is to replace US troops with Mercenaries, in Libyan case Mercenaries from across the world was sent to Libya, made Benghazi a base and started the occupation.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Obama signed the NDAA. Obama has included the RF Chip in Obamacare. Obama has put out contracts for the fulfillment of the labour and supplies of your FEMA sites. Obama has broken two major campaign promises being the Guantanamo closing and the time frame for troop withdrawal. Where do people think that any of these things mentioned help the middle class?

The Republicans would vote for those some things, so that's irrelevant,
Obama did end the Iraq war, no one cares if the timing wasn't exact.
The things you mentioned were not his economic policies, so of course they are not helping the middle class. He has done tons of things to try to improve things for Americans, you just ignored all of them.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus
reply to post by Ghost375

Paranoia aside, Obama has been doing his very best to fix this country.

He's terribly misguided by his Marxist upbringing. We know that he was brought up by and around Marxists by his books and by Jerome Corsi and by who he associates with. He cannot think any other way, even if he is just a stooge for TPTB, he is unmistakeably skewed to Marxism. TPTB just can use him as a left hegelian in their NWO plans.

So what?
The last Presidents Grand Dad and 41's DAD was a NAZI sympathizer.
You know?...Supporting both sides of the war. What is worse?

You really think an upbringing on a Hawaiian Island is going to be filled with Marxists?
You don't get out much do you?

edit on 27-1-2012 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

C'mon, the system we have now is the complete opposite of Marxism.
Someone, who hasn't been grossly brainwashed(def.:the process of being exposed to propaganda repeatedly) into believing that Marxism is the greatest evil in the world, is just who we need as president.

There is a happy medium between marxism and what we have now. And, to me, Obama has been pursuing that path.

And to newcovenant, America, as a whole, was a nazi sympathizer before pearl harbor. Those who don't know history are doomed to repeat it.

Nazism wasn't an economic model...it was a military model.

edit on 28-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, just maybe, the republican candidates were put together on purpose so that they look like fools, and then people have to go to Obama? This country is not going to last another term the way we are headed. It is a dual headed coin. No matter which side comes up... We lose.

Now, in respect to your choice, I am glad that you made a choice. Most people still have not.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Obama's a corrupt banker puppet. I'd rather vote for liberty and a chance to end the Fed and save the Constitution than submit to tyranny and bow down.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jazzguy
wow, good luck with that. i hope he is everything you dream of.

Haha that's what I was thinkin. Looks like someone bought into the state of the union. Maybe you should look up how much stuff was repeated in this years speech from his previous speechs. More lies. Id post a video documenting these lies but I'm on a cell. Maybe one these other guys could do it I know its at infowars.com

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:02 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

Its exactly the same in Australia, the only difference is the names of the parties, we call ours Liberal/Labour, whereas the United States calls their's Republican/Democrat. I know this video refers to your last election but seriously, has anything changed since then compared to now ???

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176

First: Quite frankly, all the Republican candidates are complete disasters...yes, i know many here are Ron Paul supporters, but it is simply not possible for Ron Paul to win the nomination....and should he have become a threat...you'd see what happened to Gingrich happen to him. The establishment will get what it wants...that's how it is for the GOP.

Here is my question, if Ron Paul gets robbed from the nomination. What makes you think your vote actually counts in the national election? I think after the Gore v Bush fiasco, and other evidence of election fraud, people should actually start protesting to get things fixed, instead of believing they actually a choice.

The system is broken, why let it run your lives?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by David9176
Haven't posted in awhile...so hello everyone and hope everything is going well for you all.

Now, to the point: Why? Some of you probably already thought I would based on my most recent posts...although I have never came out screaming as a full blown Obama supporter....i used to be a STRONG STRONG advocate against him...as many here will know.

Times change...opinions change.

Second: Despite all of the craziness that has happened the last few years, through all the hatred, the hard times, the uncertainly...much of which still exists.....WE ARE ALL STILL HERE.

Third: Some of us are struggling...some are not....and although the situation could be much better...it could certainly be FAR FAR WORSE.....even with all of the obstruction and a do nothing Congress and Senate that we have.

Fourth: The middle class is in the middle of a collapse...wealth disparity has exploded. I look at our prior history, the middle class was the strongest when tax rates were the highest for the most wealthy. The last 30 years we have completely gone in the opposite direction....now most families...both parents have to work....affecting the time we can spend with our children. It has to change....we cannot blame everything on the education system....much of the problem can be cast on both parents having to work (because wages have not kept up with inflation). But to the point, Obama wants to head in the direction of raising taxes on the highest earners...and i support it.

Fifth: Obama HAS brought troops home....it's not exactly what I want (i'm more in line with Paul on his foreign policy..although not completely)....but it's certainly better than all of the current Republican candidates that are electable. He has also curbed military spending...which is a great thing.

I could go on....but that's where I am currently. I want my friends, neighbors, family, and my country...to be strong again....and it's in MY OPINION that the current crop of Republicans will set us on a pace for disaster....and that is why I'm voting for Obama.

I understand that our deficit sits at 15 trillion. I understand it has grown since he has came into office. Quite frankly, I BELIEVE that there is no way he could simply slash spending...or even raise taxes on the wealthiest...while the economy was in a tailspin. Some drastic measures had to be taken.....many of which i was COMPLETELY AGAINST.

It's going to be a crazy year....I'm actually predicting an easy victory...should the economy at least remain stable. Usually Presidents do their major policies in their second term.....they have nothing to lose and can try to do far more bolder things than in their first term.
edit on 27-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

People like you give good credence to the line of thinking that the right to vote shouldn't be universal. You are a horrible hypocrite and possible a disinfo agent.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
the hillbillies spoke. if a guy isn't going to nuke iran and kick ass around the globe, he isn't fit for president.

saying that, the economy in the south hasn't changed for over a century.

as long as their pickups run, the beers cold, jimmy johnson wins the daytona 500 and the bass bite, there's no way ron paul will win the nomination.

I am far from a hilly billy perspective and far from a political perspective. Who did he run against in his previous run for president? MC CAIN. Who backed down? MC CAIN. Who were other nominees or votes for presidency?

NO ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!

So, tell me how he earned office position rightfully?

Every other president earned their office position.

No one was left but HIM. To take presidency. That's why he got elected in the first place.
edit on 28-1-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

People like you give good credence to the line of thinking that the right to vote shouldn't be universal. You are a horrible hypocrite and possible a disinfo agent.

REALLY? I'm a disinfo agent? This is what drives me away from this site....numerous times i've been accused of this garbage. Want to know who I am?

I make 30k a year...i lost my prior job to outsourcing to Mexico, which was not a union. I'm the average schmuck. The fact is, you could call virtually anyone posting on this thread a disinfo agent....all of them...those i disagree with and those I do not.

you are paranoid pal....

And btw...vote shouldn't be universal? You make a crazy accusation of me that I shouldn't be able to vote...as if you are somehow smarter and more liable than me to be able to vote?

F U....you anti-democratic piece of garbage. This is how dictators think. I may disagree with many people...but there is no way in hell that i would ever advocate their denial for a vote for their future.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by korathin

There you have it right there. What party wishes to limit the rights of citizens? What party wants to limit the rights of minorities? What party is using activist judges to limit election day choices? What party wishes to limit the rights to vote?? What party wishes to limit workers rights? What party is limiting food aid to American children?

*hint* it isn't democrats!!!
edit on 28-1-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Obama's a corrupt banker puppet. I'd rather vote for liberty and a chance to end the Fed and save the Constitution than submit to tyranny and bow down.

Is he? i think Obama is anti-banker......but has to work with what is given to him. He knows things are corrupt....we all do....but there are forces he is dealing with that we are not. The GOP likes to call him the "messiah"....building him up to something he can never possibly be or ever live up to....and at the same time opposing everything he tries to do. He's a man...he's a human being just like the rest of us....he wasn't born with a silver spoon in his mouth...the guy was born with nothing...and fought for everything he earned.

Yes, the banks filled his coffers in the campaigns...and they will do so again...in hope that they can buy him....they will do the same to all the other candidates. I don't think he's bought....although I do believe he makes some bad decisions with much of that due to the poor cabinet choices he made initially.....due to his lack of experience. Obama is the closest thing we've ever had to a middle class citizen in the white house.

That is why he is hate so much.

Letting people who have been good on their mortgages....refinance to historically low rates is certainly ANTI BANKER....slashing student load interest is certainly ANTI-BANKER.

This ultimately will mean more money in the pockets of middle class families....who will then have extra money to spend in our economy...further boosting growth.

Even still...you can't have everything you want......no one can.....not even the elitist that we all blame.
edit on 28-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-1-2012 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

Kudos to you. People like that are why this nation is in trouble.

Give him hell he deserves it. I hate seeing stuff like that.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   

I could argue every point you're making here and win. You have no idea what you're talking about, and to consider this ATS-worthy is an utter insult. Your opinion is not based on any facts, period, and therefore, useless. No offense. You don't even know, lol, that Obama never brought the troops back. George Bush signed papers making the troops return home around this time period. Obama has no control over this. It was going to happen anyway. My god..How has this website based on so much research and passion been hijacked by these silly GOP/democrat ducklings?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   

I think in that list of "accomplishments" you gave him you missed signing away your rights and freedoms

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   
I won't be voting for Obama for a second term.I have had enough of the mindless puppets we have had since JFK died.Obama is a figurehead just like the rest of them.Since some people are counting out Ron Paul they are demanding we chose between 3 fascist war mongers.The signing of the NDAA showed me where his handlers loyalties lie.The STOU was just a regurgitation of his previous campaign and other speeches.He brought no change that anyone can believe in.Instead it's basically been a continuation of W.'s or should that be Cheney's administration?

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join