It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3-4 years later, after being strongly anti-Obama....I will be voting for him for a second term.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by zigoapex
reply to post by arbiture

it's good to see people like you are still alive and kicking, and I hope many more follow your path.

Thanks for your reply, and as John Wayne used to say, God willing and da river don't rise. But I still am a fair to middle n swimmer.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Ewok_Boba

Thank you! I share the exact same feeling as you. After all the videos that have been posted on this website of police brutality, children being bombed and missing limbs and all that other depressing crap that people discover here each day, it honestly pains me to see people say the will vote for this backstabbing lunatic once more. Let alone defend any of his actions. I respect your opinion OP, but I could never vote for this fiend.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
I have said it before. None of the Republican candidates stand a chance against Obama's orating skills and charisma. Not a chance.

Besides he actually has more solid solutions to existing problems then any of the Republicans, Paul included. Whereas the Reps repeat the same old rhetoric Obama actually takes an offensive position against the tax evading millionaires, the bail-outs and the deregulated financial system.

I wholeheartedly despise his stance of foreign policy though. And that is the problem I guess.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   

You can look at all of my old threads....there are many. this was no instant change. This happened over a long period of time.

Want to know why my opinions change?

A daughter.

Not long after I first starting posting here...right when the economy began to collapse...I found out I was having a daughter. I started to freak as I wondered what was going to happen with a kid on the way...also knew absolutely nothing about politics.

I was raised Republican...my old man votes R down the line every time.

Holy crap! A child made you trade in some values for even worse values? You will see the day that this child (and all other children born in today's climate) will rise up and demand to know why you kept putting into office a man who insists on destroying her country everyday. The debt ceiling being repeatedly raised on his watch ring a bell??? And all of that is obama! His wants, his pushing for more, his demands. History will not be kind to this man for the destruction he brings to future generations, even as we speak. And yet, yourchildmakes you vote for him again?

It is no wonder we are doomed...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

The ONLY reason you are voting for Obama is FEAR and I suspect a little bit of guilt of going on as well.

Fear of the unknown...guilt for opposing him however veraciously...

Way to shut down your brain dude! We need more of you here to ruin this world!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I will be voting for obama because he killed bin laden...oh wait, this isnt yahoo comment section...

I dont think it matters much who gets elected, afterall wasnt the fact that Obama got elected but couldnt change anything proof the system is rigged? I mean he was the first (half) black president in history besides bill clinton, he promised change, he came off the collapse of the evil republicans, and besides slightly different rhetoric he is nothing different from a bush third term, except maybe more debt. OP says at least we are holding it together. I always thought Americans were proud of their exceptionalism, I guess now we are at least proud to not be labeled a third world dictatorship...for now.

This reminds me of the GOP argument of well, all the candidates suck but we have to vote for one, so long as it isnt ron paul. Sounds like a defeatist attitude to me.

Exactly! I couldn't agree more. Here in RSA we have a huge problem with lazy voters. They're lazy coz they figure, "ag well, the ANC (majority ruling party) is just gonna win anyway, whats the point?" which is kinda like voting without voting, which, in the case of the USA2012 elections,is kinda like voting for the 'lesser evil'.

If I was an american citizen I'd vote Ron Paul, I vouch for his campaign big time. I've watched the whole process, albeit from the sidelines, since it started. Ron Paul is still climbing the ladder and I've noticed that even though other candidates are above him, he has only continued to rise in ranks and popularity. all while other candidates popularity rise and fall and rise and fall.
I see nothing but greed in the other candidates. Vote for Obama, if you want, he is the lesser of evils. But, I do believe Ron Paul is the obvious choice. He smashes the other candidates with tact and he's made promises which I actually believe he'll keep.

Vote Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by David9176

So........

Because the others are Evil,you will be voting for the current Evil.

If there are things you ONCE were "STRONGLY STRONGLY" against,and now you are flip-flopping on your own issues,then you are actually NO better then those who are in office. MHO. Compromise comes with a price.

Below comment by arbiture:

If I may ask a question sir. Why is it "wrong" to change ones views about a candidate or policy? If someone has taken an honest look at the person and the issues, and change their mind because they know now more then they did (or could have) about someone then they did say before a track record, that to me says someone actually looks and listens as events unfold and can if they are honest with them selves change their opinion about someone. A great example is a very good friend of mine. He was a "pathological" supporter of Obama when he ran and was among the tightly squeezed masses crammed on the mall during the swearing in, and my friends biggest complaint was not enough port-potties for what was it 500,000? Yikes. Despite the fact he got to know some people he was crushed up next to far more then he wanted to, he was one of the unwashed multitudes singing kumbia or whatever the hell they sang (I remember the national anthem, but you get my drift) with a lot of teary eyed people at that time.

Since that time he felt Obama did NOT live up to his expectations, and felt he was soft on a number of issues that mattered to him and he was and is frankly pissed. I won't go so far as to say he will vote for any of the Republicans unless maybe its Ron Paul and I think there's a better chance of Newt getting to the moon himself personally before November then Dr. Paul getting the nomination let alone elected (hey I'd pay his fare IF Newt went to the moon and stayed there but thats another issue anyway). My friend is not happy with Obama and he was a major cult-like groupie before, and volunteered for his campaign, going door to door in a Minnesota winter. That means your a true believer or homeless but its a serious effort none the less. My friend went door to door in his all terrain wheel chair (w/snow tires) so this dude has passion. Now he is very angry with some of Obama's views on some things he's done.

None the less I respect my friend who changed his mind about Obama because he did so on the issues. I don't think he's in any way "wishy-washy"but has a brain and changed his mind based on Obamas actions. Sorry by the way I "walked over" part of your post but it's about 04:00 here and its been a long day. So I rewrote your last line w/in your post above as a courtesy. Sorry about that, your original comments in "" ""below.

"Compromise comes with a price."

edit on 27-1-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

edit on 28/1/12 by arbiture because: screwed up in my reply, I have by the way done worse...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:08 AM
link   
I will be voting to make sure the dems don't steal my vote. If the person I want to vote for isn't on there (which isn't likely, there were like 8 candidates on the last presidential ticket) I will write that persons name in.

While I know that repubs do fraudulent voting, its much more prevalent with the left.

But then, the president is chosen via the electoral process and not popular demand, so it really doesn't matter.

Oh and to those that think voting is anonymous think again, every voter ballot I have ever voted on has a bar code.

I wasn't even registered with a party and someone called in and mentioned, hey we noticed you voted this way, would you like to register with that party?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:15 AM
link   
Wow ... I don't Like Liar/thief/scumbag number 1 so I'll vote for liar/thief/scumbag number 2... Ok that makes perfect sense...

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That's because half of the country is still stuck in the 19th century.

Until the baby boomers pass on, we're going to continue to get this red-bashing nonsense that ensures that the sheep continue to toe the line.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

Have any of RP's supporters stopped to consider the fact that he's the oldest presidential candidate? What happens if he passes after he's elected?

I think that RP *knows* that he doesn't stand a chance and yet, is doing this to prove a point about our broken system.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Patchman

The stimulus packages were already underway when Bush was still in office. If you want to blame someone for even proposing a stimulus, there you go.

Other than that, Obama has been rather disappointing. Then again, there was no way that he would be able to keep most of his promises with the pressure from lobbying groups and the corporate puppeteers that pull his strings. I don't think that Ron Paul would have much of a chance either.

Don't vote for yet another puppet candidate. CHANGE the system from the inside out!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Well, people are treating Ron Paul like they treated Obama in 2008.

RP is their "savior" and like Obama, he too will let people down.

Of course, the Paulbots will never listen to this. Believe me, been flamed a few times for even suggesting it!

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

I'll probably vote for Obama (again) as well. Because like you said, it's unlikely that Ron Paul will get the nomination.
Dude are you retarded or something? RP wont win if everyone gives up hope in him and votes for Obama. I cannot believe what I am reading on this thread...it's like a bunch of sheep admitting their defeat to the puppet master.

"We'll vote for the chosen one our master"

Pfffffffffffffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt....................................
edi t on 28-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

As long as Obama has hawks like Ziggy advising him, he's going to toe the line on foreign policy. We know that the Israel lobby controls our foreign policy whether we like it or not.

They will never stop until every country in the Middle East is a McDemocracy.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
As the current lineup is this is how I would vote.

Mitt Romney < Barack Obama there is not anything anybody could say that could get me to vote for Mitt
Rick Santorum < Barack Obama I do not support Rick Santorum in any way
Newt Gingrich = Barack Obama those two are kind of equal in my book
Ron Paul < Barack Obama I do believe in Ron is a good man but he is not a good leader and he has too many weird ideas about the military.

What I would definitely vote for is a ticket like this

Newt Gingrich/Ron Paul > Barack Obama I could definitely look for Newt with Ron as his VP. With a ticket like this I think they would win the presidency hands-down. Newt knows how to work with Congress and I believe Ron Paul would keep him honest.

I believe the primaries are going to come down to Newt Gingrich and Mitt Romney if Ron Paul wants to keep running he would need to become an independent which would only serve to hurt the Republican Party in the end. Whereas doing that would guarantee Barack Obama a win.

Anyway IMO that is how it is going to play out.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

No matter who you vote for, it's not going to go in your favor.

This is what I don't get about ATS. Why would a site that often cites examples of corporate meddling in voting promote candidates that would do nothing but accelerate that meddling?

Why do people STILL insist on the status quo?

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

Have any of RP's supporters stopped to consider the fact that he's the oldest presidential candidate? What happens if he passes after he's elected?
He's an old geezer ready to cark it at any moment, OH NO!!! Have you ever done ANY research into the history of American presidents? It seems Americans have forgotten that there once was a time when people understood that electing the older candidate wise a choice, because that candidate has the most life experience and in fact is the wisest. And Ron Paul is the wisest candidate by leaps and bounds.

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dadgad

Besides he actually has more solid solutions to existing problems then any of the Republicans, Paul included. Whereas the Reps repeat the same old rhetoric Obama actually takes an offensive position against the tax evading millionaires, the bail-outs and the deregulated financial system.

Who has actually pointed out tax evasion undertaken by their fellow candidates? Who predicted the financial collapse and has warned about the national debt for years on end? Who was the one that led the effort to audit the FED? Who is the one constantly talking about deregulation and giving power back to the states?

ANSWER: Ron Paul.

Who has probably talked about all these problems but done absolutely nothing about them?

ANSWER: Barack Obama.
edit on 28-1-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

it's like a bunch of sheep admitting their defeat to the puppet master.

It's that way with the truth...as the Bible explains:

"For many are called, but few are chosen."

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join