It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Don't take it personally, wildtimes. Gabby is obviously so into the book he/she cannot see anything else. There is no research of the book, gabby has what we call "blind Faith" in a book that has been translated many times, and changed many times, by the power of the Roman Catholic Church and their scribes. If he/she wishes to worship a rotting corpse, and believe what people tell him/her, instead of looking it up for him/herself, let it happen. We are here to educate, not to force, wildtimes. You can lead a horse to water, but you cannot make them drink from it. And once the Christian Brainwashing has taken hold, it takes more than us to make them see. A team of horses could not drag that away, it takes the person's will to do it. This is called "Deprogramming."
Deprogramming
Allegations of brainwashing by new religious movements (a.k.a. "cults")
Deprogramming Myself From Christian Programming

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yep! I was talking to gabby, not you. Sorry for the confusion.
Second line.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Oh, that is but the tip of a very big iceburg, wildtimes, please allow me to enlighten gabby here.

I ask you , with respect.. to please refrain from trying to push your 'enlightenment " onto me.

I know Solomon practiced sorcery, and he was also punished by God for doing so.

I know what I believe and why, and you are one the least of all people on this site that I would take any spiritual teaching from autowrench...and I will pray very fervently that the will of the living God, be shown to all the souls who open their hearts asking for guidance from Him. May He guide them to His truth, and may the intercessory prayers of His saints help protect the ones who seek this truth from the evil lies of Satan.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Like you said above its really none of your business what I think, because when I do tell you.. you start accusing me of trying to teach you..when in fact I am telling you what I think !!!

Back atcha.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
For the majority of Christians, the belief in the Holy Trinity implies the existence of three distinct Holy Persons: God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit being One Eternal Triple faced God.

This is Sabellianism, not the Orthodox Trinity. Three persons, one essence.

Notice there is no Feminine aspect here in the all male club called the Trinity. This in itself has always made me suspicious.

Sophia, the wisdom of God is feminine. The word for 'soul' in Hebrew and Greek is feminine. We receive God (masculine) into ourselves (feminine). It's not masculine and feminine as we understand them, it's a bit harder to grasp than that.

How do you know if the one you invited into you is the Holy Spirit or a Demon? I’ve heard it said that when you ask for the Holy Spirit it’s always going to be the Holy Spirit. But there is no real test for this. I have also been told that God would never send a Demon, but there is no knowing who God is either.
There's always the chance of spiritual delusion. Note the "Toronto Blessing" (Pentecostalism). I would definitely be suspicious of that. The way to discern this is whether that connectedness you feel is coming from emotions, thoughts, and feelings, or if it's deeper; coming from the Nous. If you love God, love your fellow man, and follow His commandments, deception is less likely.

And it seems that only by taking the Holy Spirit into your body can you "understand" the Bible. You cannot just read it, you have to have it explained to you by this Holy Spirit.
This is a very arrogant Protestant belief. Arrogantly claiming to be inspired by the Holy Spirit while living a normal worldly life is the source of denominationalism. The Bible is understood through the tradition that formed it; by the consensus of the successors of the Apostles, and those who have truly given their whole life to Christ.

Whether or not a Christian can be possessed is a matter of opinion, and not always an informed opinion.
There are many stories of arrogant "Christians" who accepted demons through lack of discernment. Orthodox Monastics are usually very suspicious of paranormal phenomena, even if it looks like Christ.

I never understood this concept, if the Holy Spirit is guiding one, how it that practising Free Will?
This is Calvinism. We are "co-workers with God", we must work in synergy with His Spirit. When you are connected with the Spirit, you are more spiritually sensitive. To do the will of God is bliss, but to do evil causes spiritual turmoil until you become so accustomed to it that your "conscience is seared with a hot iron" and you can't feel it anymore. You always have a choice, but Christ's yoke is easy.

After experiencing things such as the following videos, I have come to believe that at least some Devout Christians actually worship Serpents.

Or these particular people are crazy?

Continued..

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench

Genesis 1:21 So God created the great creatures of the sea and every living thing with which the water teems and that moves about in it, according to their kinds, and every winged bird according to its kind.
Job 3:8 says, "May those who curse days curse that day, those who are ready to rouse leviathan" (NIV). The KJV has "their mourning" but the marginal note says, "Or, Leviathan."
The NIV is a crap translation. The much older Septuagint says this, "But let him that curses that day curse it, even he that is ready to attack the great sea-monster" Also, take note, that the bible explicitly says that God created the Leviathan?

Here is a description of the Leviathan:

Job 41:20 "Out of his nostrils goeth smoke, as out of a seething pot or caldron.21 His breath kindleth coals, and a flame goeth out of his mouth." (Fire Breathing Dragon)

And here is description of Yahweh, the ‘God’ of the Bible:

Psalm 18:8, 2 Samuel 22:9 "There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured: coals were kindled by it." (Fire Breathing Dragon)

They certainly appear to be one and the same
That's your proof text? You didn't suppose that perhaps that was a metaphor for power? God the Father is spirit, he is not material, all of the talk of his nostrils, hand, and back are metaphors. The Leviathan could also be a metaphor for the devil (note my quote from the Septuagint).

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MoeSantana

I'm not sure why this reply of yours was in reply to a post of mine, but it showed up in my reply list.. and yet you deleted that from your post? hmmm

You rail at the cruelty of the Jews who crucified their Savior, and yet you crucify your Savior, with a thousandfold degree of torture, every day of your life, by your persistence in the carnalities and foolishness of mortal thought and action.

If the above was intended for me.. you make some very big assumptions if you think I rail at only the cruelties the Jews did against Jesus. I do understand that it is everyone's sin who has put Jesus to death on the cross..
including very much yours as well.

If this reply was not intended for me, my apologies..but like I said it was in my reply list..yet no note of that on top of the post.. so a little confusing.

We will all stand before the judgement of God , and we will all understand in the way He wishes us to understand ...how we each and individually have offended the divine nature of God, and what the sacrifice on the cross actually ransomed for us in the eyes of the Almighty.

May the mercy and love of Jesus, the only begotten Son of God Almighty be our refuge of hope, and everlasting love .

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

There is only one God. Seek Him and and you will be saved. When it speaks of gods it is talking from the point of view of the Israelites concerning other religions.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   

edit on 26-1-2012 by cloudyday because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

There is only one God. Seek Him and and you will be saved. When it speaks of gods it is talking from the point of view of the Israelites concerning other religions.

Really? And I was thinking that every word in the bible was literal truth. Guess I was wrong, huh? So you admit that the ideas of men went into the authorship of the Bible? Remember, you cannot have it both ways, friend. It is or it ain't.....

I know all about being "saved," the Christian concept of it, anyway. I am as saved as I can be, and so are you. So stop worrying about it, and trying to convince everyone else. We all have inner knowledge, and instinct, and when the time comes, most will know what to do. As for me, I have a destiny that was laid out for me many thousands of years ago, by forces beyond my control, or concious desires. I must fulfill that destiny. Has it ever occurred to you, and perhaps to gabby, that my life path is different from yours? That there is no common ground we can both stand on?

Christianity is already at war, shooting war, with the Nations of Islam. In time, I fear that Christianity will be at war with everyone who refuses to "join up." I even heard a preacher one say that in the future, he would be "God's Warrior," and would "kill those in league with Satan's Demons." This is an "Our Way or the Highway" mentality, isn't it?

Not one thing has changed in this Divide for a great many years. Still today, mankind/womankind is strictly divided all of the time. If it isn't race, it's politics, if not that, then it's religion, if not that, it's gender....where does it end? Isn't that a fair question? What are we all waiting for, aliens to land?

Folks, we are all basically one thing, and I will explain. First of all we are, each one of us, a carbon based biological being, composed of mostly water. We begin our lives in water, all of us, and our very first meal is blood. So, at first, anyway, we are all Vampires. Does that make you shiver a little? Well, it's true, and you know it is true.

Secondly, we are all members of the human race,with very few exceptions, I might add. We are all Humans, no doubt of that. Oh, we do come in colors, and in various shapes and sizes, but for all effects and purposes, in the end, we are human beings all, and we put our pants on one leg at a time.

Thirdly, we all have a Brain. this is our connection to the source of all things, and to the field of intelligence and knowledge that is there for anyone to have.

Fourth, we are Animated by something... can anyone tell me what it is? It is our Souls. Our Immortal Spirit. This is what drives the body around, the man/woman within the machine, as it were. It is the Spirit that feels pain, and suffering, but only while within the human body. In the Spirit World, the Ether, there is no pain nor suffering, or sadness, I don't think. When I have been there, in an astral manner, I seemed to be quite neutral to anything I saw there.

OK, to recap, we are all carbon based, human beings, containing a Spirit that animates us and gives us our personality, and we come in many colors, shapes and sizes. So why then do we fight wars all the time? The truth is, we don't, not of our own accord. We go because we are ordered.

Humans do not want to go to war, with very few exceptions, someone else decides that for them, right? As a matter of fact, someone else decides a lot of things for us, isn't there? Someone else seems to be dictating to us for a very long time, and we seem to be blissfully unaware of it....can YOU see it?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Christianity is already at war, shooting war, with the Nations of Islam. In time, I fear that Christianity will be at war with everyone who refuses to "join up." I even heard a preacher one say that in the future, he would be "God's Warrior," and would "kill those in league with Satan's Demons." This is an "Our Way or the Highway" mentality, isn't it?

What some Christians choose to do in the name of Christ isn't what all Christians choose to do in the name of Christ.. You must also remember that many pagan worshipers hide under the guise of Christianity to do their manipulating and fighting.

There are some serious acts of injustice done by many pagan worshipers.. and it isn't finished yet.. When God draws the curtain away so that all will clearly see what is actually the beliefs behind the many who start wars and why.. you may be very surprised to see.. how most of them are actually pagan worshipers.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

One more thing I'd like to mention. Your post isn't intrinsically calling the work of the HOLY (as opposed to the false) Spirit evil, but it's coming close. Let me explain what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is, which is the one thing Christ said would not be forgiven. it isn't the same as saying that these "Christians" who psychologically abuse people and act insane are possessed by demons. That may very well be true. No, to truly blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is to look at His work; such as Christ's moral teachings, the healings He performed, and the men and women who followed Him and totally sacrificed themselves for their fellow man, and to call what is good evil. If you were to entertain for a moment that Christianity, and I mean true Christianity, truly following Christ (doesn't seem like you've seen much of this) was true and that the true Holy Spirit exists; to call that Spirit evil is a terrible thing. To do that is to shut your heart to the energies of God; to Love, to deny all conductivity with Him, and to seal your fate. Now let me quickly explain heaven and hell. God's presence is divine fire; heaven and hell are both in His presence. Those who hear the word of God and keep it, are conducive to His love and energies, like silver in the refiners fire; to be on fire, ever purified, but not consumed. To be non-condusive to God is to reject His love and therefor be consumed in shame and contempt in his presence; to ever be in a state of decay and consumption, like garbage.

I say this out of concern for you. I don't think you've cut yourself off in such a way, because it's such a final thing, and I don't think that's what you've been saying. Still, at least avoid this blasphemy if any.

Peace to you in XC
Mikha'el
edit on 26-1-2012 by kallisti36 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kallisti36

One more thing I'd like to mention. Your post isn't intrinsically calling the work of the HOLY (as opposed to the false) Spirit evil, but it's coming close. Let me explain what blasphemy against the Holy Spirit is, which is the one thing Christ said would not be forgiven. it isn't the same as saying that these "Christians" who psychologically abuse people and act insane are possessed by demons. That may very well be true. No, to truly blaspheme against the Holy Spirit is to look at His work; such as Christ's moral teachings, the healings He performed, and the men and women who followed Him and totally sacrificed themselves for their fellow man, and to call what is good evil. If you were to entertain for a moment that Christianity, and I mean true Christianity, truly following Christ (doesn't seem like you've seen much of this) was true and that the true Holy Spirit exists; to call that Spirit evil is a terrible thing. To do that is to shut your heart to the energies of God; to Love, to deny all conductivity with Him, and to seal your fate. Now let me quickly explain heaven and hell. God's presence is divine fire; heaven and hell are both in His presence. Those who hear the word of God and keep it, are conducive to His love and energies, like silver in the refiners fire; to be on fire, ever purified, but not consumed. To be non-condusive to God is to reject His love and therefor be consumed in shame and contempt in his presence; to ever be in a state of decay and consumption, like garbage.

I say this out of concern for you. I don't think you've cut yourself off in such a way, because it's such a final thing, and I don't think that's what you've been saying. Still, at least avoid this blasphemy if any.

Peace to you in XC
Mikha'el

Doesn't that seem a little silly when you think about it? What purpose would there be to this heaven and hell model? If that is God, then I will oppose him in my small and feeble way. I don't think that is God though.

This is why Christians of all stripes are so annoying to non-Christians. "Oh you can do what you want, but I just want to warn you about this place called hell..." All religions are silly and unprovable, but Christianity uses these worry tactics. There are enough real things to worry about without worrying about religion.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 12:59 PM
link   
reply to post by kallisti36

Blasphemy.
Let's look at that word, shall we?

blas·phe·my    [blas-fuh-mee]
noun, plural -mies.
1. impious utterance or action concerning God or sacred things.
2. Judaism .
a. an act of cursing or reviling God.
b. pronunciation of the Tetragrammaton (YHVH) in the original, now forbidden manner instead of using a substitute pronunciation such as Adonai.
3. Theology . the crime of assuming to oneself the rights or qualities of God.
4. irreverent behavior toward anything held sacred, priceless, etc.: He uttered blasphemies against life itself.
Origin: 1175–1225; Middle English blasphemie < Late Latin blasphēmia
Definition Source
Another Latin, read that Roman Catholic/Holy Roman Church word. Like Lucifer. I guess now the Latin language existed way back in Earth Biblical Days..... in the days of Noah. I think you are a little confused here with history.

If you were to entertain for a moment that Christianity, and I mean true Christianity, truly following Christ (doesn't seem like you've met very many) was true and that the true Holy Spirit exists; to call that Spirit evil is a terrible thing.

I simply asked the question, it was the readers who filled in the blanks. Evil is not the correct word here, let me explain.
Evil is in the hearts of humankind. As is Good. Let me use myself as an example here, so there are no thoughts of personal insult.

I am a Spirit. My Spirit is both Good, and Evil. I can easily "fall" one way, or the other, or, I can walk the narrow path between, but neither can ever be destroyed, for one defines the other. Take away Light, Darkness ceases to exist, and the other way around too. Take away Darkness, Light no longer has anything to define it as such, so it ceases to exist. One simply cannot exist without the other. My Spirit is all Energy. Can Energy really be good energy, or bad energy? Is this possible? I suppose a Lightening Bolt, if it strikes an open field, it is good energy, and if it strikes your barn it is bad energy?

So this is the way of things, we each and every one of us has this Energy that drives and animates their carbon based bodies, it is an Intelligent Form of Energy, just look at all of the purely automatic functions it takes care of, with no input from concious thought.

So there is the Big Question. What, and where, is Evil?
Personally, I have never been able to visualise an Ultimate Author of Evil. Everything I have ever found about such a being all came from the Church.

My point in asking if the Holy Spirit of Christian Dogma is a Demon was to prove a point. My point is the totally wrong use of the word "Demon" by Christians. Throwing a word at anything not in their book is a common thing Christians have been doing for so long they have forgotten the meanings and origins of the words they use.

"Demon" is one of the major words Christians use to describe anything of a supernatural or extraterrestrial nature that their little book says not thing one about. Is this really an intelligent way of explaining something? There are several threads in here that make the claim that all Aliens/ETs are in fact Demons. Don't deny this, Christians, here is proof:
Message To UFO & Alien Believers Time Is Running Out..
Aliens or Demons They are demons of course
Extraterrestrials/Aliens are Demons...PROOF!
Aliens are demons
Aliens = Nephilim (Demons)
Demons in Possessed People Bend Their Knee at the Name of Jesus
My second point is, how do any of you really know what it is you are opening yourself to? I know, it comes from God, right? Can you define what God is? Can you just blindly accept something from a being you cannot defile, and know nothing about? I have clearly shown that more than one God was at work here. There is also a preponderance of evidence that some of the Divine Source is Feminine. I think they already gave us the gift of Life when we were born here, didn't they? Do I really have to go out and seek the "Holy Spirit" to be whole? I have had Christians tell me if I didn't have the Holy Spirit, I didn't have a soul. Is that truly correct, or just wishful thinking?

These are questions every Christian need to ask of themselves. Anxiously waiting for a supernatural being to come on a cloud, and saving just them, damning all of those Sinners to Hell, is simply wishful thinking of those who live in a very small box of faith and fear.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Actually blasphemia, like many Latin words, was taken from Greek (The Romans weren't very original actually), and yes, it is in the OT and NT. I am not a Roman Catholic, the Latins got their theology from the East and then mixed it with Scholasticism and Aristotelian metaphysics in the Dark Ages, because there wasn't any decent theology let alone philosophy written in Latin. This brings me to my next point: authentic Christianity has always been experiential not a philosophical affirmation of belief. The "Christians" you grew up with were all heretics and I would be surprised if even one of them knew God, from your description. By the Grace of the Holy Orthodox Catholic Church, I have been shown how to truly meet God in Noetic(inner contemplative) and Neptic(outer; liturgical) prayer and through the Sacraments. I have seen miracles, have experienced the grace and energies of God in a tangible way (though I am not at all worthy of it), and am more aware of my failings than I ever have been. This is faith, not an intellectual affirmation that I am a sinner and that Christ died for my sins. I am getting to know God and I do not doubt Him anymore. He does not exist; He is existence. He is "HE WHO IS". Christ said one must *know* God to be saved and we have to do that here, so that we may be ready to face Him in the truest sense of the word.

And again with Sichin! I think the people of ATS really ought to look into Zechariah Sichen. He was a fraud, he couldn't actually read Sumerian, he was a total charlatan. There's something to be said about the similarity between authentic Sumerian legends and Genesis, but to mix that with 1950's sci-fi is ridiculous. All of this Draconian stuff is just a red herring in the conspiracy arena (as are most things). I would suggest people look into what ancient cultures associated the constellation of Pleiades with and see where the true deception might end up coming from (if this stuff isn't all bunk after all).

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

What some Christians choose to do in the name of Christ isn't what all Christians choose to do in the name of Christ.. You must also remember that many pagan worshipers hide under the guise of Christianity to do their manipulating and fighting.

There are some serious acts of injustice done by many pagan worshipers.. and it isn't finished yet.. When God draws the curtain away so that all will clearly see what is actually the beliefs behind the many who start wars and why.. you may be very surprised to see.. how most of them are actually pagan worshipers.

You mean they worship pagans?
How do you differentiate?
How do you decide which people are genuine and which are charlatans?
What words do they have to say to convince you they are sincere and genuine?

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
A very well written , thought prvoking thread and one that is very pertinent to me at this time as my step daughter is caught up in the drunken glory/john crowder ministry - I and others argue with her that what they are preaching and what transpires with them is not of the holy spirit but is in fact of the enemy , ive never seen such blatant mockery of the word of God - sadly many of todays young christians are being seduced by this false spirit - like many where by the events at the lakeland 'revival'

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

sorry ..i didn't make my self very clear.. what i am saying is.. that in time we will see who actually has been most responsible for wars,and why, and how they have manipulated Christians into thinking they needed to fight.

From my understanding the Bushs are not really Catholic, especially if they belong to Skull and Bones.

Its like svali said in her writings..many actually worship ancient Babylonian and Egyptian type religions, and secretly give glory to Luciferian type beliefs..though they may attend Christian churches of ALL denominations.

This has been happening since the beginning of Christianity, and it was happening in Judaism as well.

What I am saying is.. when the time comes for everything to be revealed..we will see clearly who has started the most wars, and for what reasons, and if they were indeed true Christians...and how they had manipulated the Christians.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masamune69
A very well written , thought prvoking thread and one that is very pertinent to me at this time as my step daughter is caught up in the drunken glory/john crowder ministry - I and others argue with her that what they are preaching and what transpires with them is not of the holy spirit but is in fact of the enemy , ive never seen such blatant mockery of the word of God - sadly many of todays young christians are being seduced by this false spirit - like many where by the events at the lakeland 'revival'

There is a lot of that happening..which is why it is very important to pray for our youth everyday, and ask God to lead them to where it is pleasing to Him.

Would you rather have your niece come home and say.. the Holy Spirit is actually a dragon.. and God is actually a female that gave birth to many different Gods.. because that is what the Op is actually saying in this thread..

Read all of autowrenchs posts.. in this thread, and you tell me if you want His type of teaching to be the one your niece adheres to.

posted on Jan, 26 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

again:How do you differentiate?
How do you decide which people are genuine and which are charlatans?

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join