It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the "Holy Spirit" in Reality a Demon?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

I believe the newest version is the
gabbible

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vogon42

gabbible

Vogon! Shame on you.... EDIT TO ADD: ya know, sometimes I think you are just trolling for kicks...
gabby is immersed in her faith and who are we to tell her anything?

She's honestly doing her best

edit on 24-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I had done a search for "what jesus really taught" -- and that page popped up (among many). I thought it might be of interest to you, so I linked it!

Thank you for the explanation , I was hoping this wasn't something you seriously studied, and adhered to.

As far as the bible goes wildtimes, I can understand your distrust, because they are in facts words translated from other languages, that we need to rely on other human discernment for understanding.

Maybe that is why I am so into the apparitions of Mary, throughout the centuries In Fatima, Lourdes, Guadelupe, and now Medjugorje, which are still ongoing. To me its like the living God, the real deal and not translated words, is reaching out to us so that we can understand what He wants from us.

Maybe thats why padre Pio made such an impression on me as well, because he was still living when I was born, and he actually had these supernatural gifts that were used to help people in the confessional, and there are many documented cases of healings through his intercession, and even people touching his gloves(worn when he had the stigmata), long after he died.

He confirmed to be true many things the church holds as dogma..and was a strong believer of the presence of Christ in the Eucharist.

I know that doesn't hold much credence for you, and I accept that and understand it, but it is these signs and miracles, as well as others that have happened that seem to point me back to the church, for the grace I can receive in the sacraments, and for the truth I believe it holds in the salvation Jesus offers us.

I also realize that there are many Christians who don't give a great example of the love of Christ,some worse than others...and I know I fall short many times of loving the way Jesus wants me to. I continue to press forward in my imperfections, relying on His grace,and mercy.

Trust me when I say, I wish no one to go to hell wildtimes.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you truly seek God you will find Him.

I did. I found 18 Gods, and two Goddesses just in the Christian Bible, and a few thousand others in history. And before you say, "There is only One God," remember these Bible verses....

Genesis 1:26
"And God said, let us make man in our image."

Genesis 3:22
"And the Lord God said, Behold, then man is become as one of us, to know good and evil."

Genesis 11:7
"Let us go down, and there confound their language."

Exodus 15:11
"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the Gods?"

Exodus 20:3, 5
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. ... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them."

Exodus 22:28
"Thou shalt not revile the gods.

Exodus 23:13
"Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth."

Deuteronomy 6:14-15
"Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you."

Joshua 24:14
"Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served."

Psalm 86:8
"Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord."

Psalm 96:4
"For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods."

There are many other verses in the King James Bible, but I think you get the picture. Here is a List of Individual Gods/Goddesses Alphabetically. Now the Christian will say these are "False Gods," a most favored argument, but there in fact were quite real to those who believed in and served them at the time.

So, care to explain to me who these "other Gods" were? And how did they all become condensed into one? Or, did Jesus kill them all off in a power grab? I have asked this question plenty of times before, perhaps you can answer it for me?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Originally posted by vogon42

gabbible

Vogon! Shame on you.... EDIT TO ADD: ya know, sometimes I think you are just trolling for kicks...
gabby is immersed in her faith and who are we to tell her anything?

She's honestly doing her best

edit on 24-1-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

WTH

1) She is obvoulsly ignorant of anything beyond her bible.
2) This site is located in the USA, where we have freedom of SPEECH
3) This is a discussion forum (thats where people discuss things)
4) Ignorance implies a LACK OF EDUCATION....(NOT the same as calling someone stupid)

If she is IGNORANT of a subject, WHAT is wrong with me pointing that out, and attempting to correct her.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

WTH 1) She is obvoulsly ignorant of anything beyond her bible.
2) This site is located in the USA, where we have freedom of SPEECH
3) This is a discussion forum (thats where people discuss things)
4) Ignorance implies a LACK OF EDUCATION....(NOT the same as calling someone stupid) If she is IGNORANT of a subject, WHAT is wrong with me pointing that out, and attempting to correct her.

Unfortunately your free speech only applies to when you want to insult me and degrade me. You have called me many things vogon, and insinuated I am special needs and need people to take care of me...all the while you have been spouting how I don't know anything about the golden rule..which is to love your neighbor as yourself.

Can't you see what a hypocrite you look like?

Hows that for free speech..

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

As far as the bible goes wildtimes, I can understand your distrust, because they are in facts words translated from other languages, that we need to rely on other human discernment for understanding.

Thank you.
I, too, would embrace any sign, any indication, that God is paying attention. Just late last week my husband finally, after nine solid months unemployed, was offered (and accepted) a job.

During that entire time, I had faith....in God, in the angels, in the Divine.....that things would be okay.

I prevailed upon that faith to keep myself from despair, and to assist in the tolerance of our mutual frustration, to refrain from allowing myself to succumb... to the hopelessness of what could have defeated the both of us...and instead, enduring it.

When he got the call, I looked heavenward multiple times, and said, "thank you." "Thank you".

I had asked my team of angels to please, please look after us, go, do this, see to it that we were provided for and safe. They came through....
what else can I say?
gabby, I'm NOT a disbeliever....I just think that there are individual ways that we see the truth, and each of those ways is just as correct as the others, as long as we believe in love, faith, and a higher power that lies beyond what we think of as "truth".

I believe, with my whole heart, that we are NOT headed into an abyss of pain and suffering. Each of us, in their own way, will arrive at an understanding and merging with the Divine.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by vogon42

If she is IGNORANT of a subject, WHAT is wrong with me pointing that out, and attempting to correct her.

Be gentle, vogon.

Sarcasm is a block to communication...it fails every time.
No one in these threads on this forum (which is floored with dynamite) should be using "laughy faces" or "puzzled faces" or "eye roll-faces."
It does nothing to improve communication, nor to encourage discourse.

We need to learn how to make points (I mean not like, brownie-points, but heartfelt points) without belittling our 'opponent' or 'discrediter'....
wouldn't you agree?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   

You have no idea what the after life really holds for you autowrench

Yes I do, actually. After a past life regression, I can remember a lot of past lives. And not only that, I have had several people, relatives and friends, who have passed over, and have vividly described for me the Afterlife, and it is nothing like what you think it is. The "Light," if questioned, will send to to any sort of Afterlife you choose, or to the default one. I do not care to dwell in your Heaven and your Hell, those are reserved for only those who believe strongly in them, and not for everyone. The REAL Afterlife is a lot like the "Nexus" in "Star Trek Generations."

My Home on the other side is already built, and has been for thousands of years now. It's nothing like spending years on your knees on a metal floor worshipping a Dragon God. Have fun! I will be. Party! Girls! Loud Rock and Roll! I can hardly wait!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

Hows that for free speech..

Pretty lame actually.

Originally posted by gabby2011

.....not you.. so quit sticking your nose into it .......]

Ignorance is exactly the issue with your lack of understanding.

Demon, Holy Spirit, they are all forms of energy......why to you label one this, and another that?

OH, wait, let me answer that.......its due to your lack of understanding.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Jesus loves you very much autowrench, don't let His death on the cross for you be in vain.

Yeah, he Died all right. He stayed Dead too. Seen the Film?

More Links to Story:
Jesus Found Dead in His Grave

Bones of Jesus found, Canadian documentary claims

"The Lost Tomb of Jesus": Have the Bones of Jesus Christ Been Found in Jerusalem?

Has the tomb of Jesus been found?
Gabby, this story was viral back in 1980 when Cameron made the find. Don't tell me you missed it?
I can remember seeing the film on Discovery. You sure have a lot to learn, man. You have a computer right there in front of you, use it and do some research, please?

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Yes I do, actually. After a past life regression, I can remember a lot of past lives.

I always wondered, if you have past life regression in this life, in your next life would you have a regression of a life who had a regression? And, if so, could this be replicated infinitely to the beginning?

Lastly, how the hell would you know when all you know is what you experience in THIS life?

A past life, experienced in this life, is still this life.

And not only that, I have had several people, relatives and friends, who have passed over, and have vividly described for me the Afterlife, and it is nothing like what you think it is.

Again, anything experienced and shared in this life is NOT after life.

After life is the point of no return. Otherwise, it is a return to LIFE.

The "Light," if questioned, will send to to any sort of Afterlife you choose, or to the default one. I do not care to dwell in your Heaven and your Hell, those are reserved for only those who believe strongly in them, and not for everyone. The REAL Afterlife is a lot like the "Nexus" in "Star Trek Generations."

How do you know? Really?

My Home on the other side is already built, and has been for thousands of years now. It's nothing like spending years on your knees on a metal floor worshipping a Dragon God. Have fun! I will be. Party! Girls! Loud Rock and Roll! I can hardly wait!

Why wait? If you are so certain, why wait?

Are you here to save the world before you retire to your paradise?

Missed you my friend!

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Yeah, he Died all right. He stayed Dead too. Seen the Film?

WOW, auto, thanks so much for the links!
Fascinating!!

Brightest blessings, bro!

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Gabby, this story was viral back in 1980 when Cameron made the find. Don't tell me you missed it? I can remember seeing the film on Discovery. You sure have a lot to learn, man. You have a computer right there in front of you, use it and do some research, please?

Sorry but I will believe the accounts of the resurrection, and the ascension.

All of these lies have been prophesied about, and much more.. I will let the Living Christ prove what is real and what is not in the end.

I have not missed all that much autowrench, everything has been foretold is unfolding as God said it would...right down to the persecution of Christians and the mockery of them.

You are someone who has been seriously deceived and is dragging others into satans web, the mere fact that you would twist revelations in such a serious way , attests to that fact.

I forgive you for your smug attitude, towards me, I will let you work out the truth with God, and I promise I will not tell you "I told you so"..I will only pray fervently for your eyes and heart to be opened to the truth of the Holy Spirit.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   

I will let you work out the truth with God

Not to be smug, did you see my other posts in here?
Which God would you be talking about here??
www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Does he deserve my worship? NO!
My Father and Mother lives in me. Where is yours? Out there, somewhere? Come on, gabby, wise up a little. Here are some links for you.

The God of the Christian Bible is Evil

Bible Atrocities

The Jesus Myth

Debunking the Arguments of Christian Fundamentalists and Evangelists

10 Christ-like Figures Who Pre-Date Jesus

A List of Biblical Contradictions

The Origins of Christianity and the Quest for the Historical Jesus Christ

Is the Biblical Yahweh actually a dragon?

20 Reasons to Abandon Christianity

edit on 1/24/12 by autowrench because: Edit to fix Hyperlink

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Aww, crap! This link didn't work!!
No worries, I'll do a websearch...

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Aww, crap! This link didn't work!!
No worries, I'll do a websearch...

Fixed it, wildtimes. Thanks for catching that. You know, you and I have a lot in common, in these matters. You are very wise, and very well read.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMIAM

Greetings, IAMIAM, been awhile.

I always wondered, if you have past life regression in this life, in your next life would you have a regression of a life who had a regression? And, if so, could this be replicated infinitely to the beginning? Lastly, how the hell would you know when all you know is what you experience in THIS life?

Good questions, friend. You make an interesting point there. Past life regression getting a past life regression? That's pretty good, I hadn't thought of that, and have no answer that would sit me, let alone you.

The True Purpose of life is to Remember Who You Are. You call yourself IMIM, so you know who, and what you are, am I right? I know who I am, that is how I know. I know what I am too, where I originated from, and many other things not suited for an open forum. And anyway, it if for me, not for anyone else not directly connected to me, so it is mine, after all. I even surprise myself sometimes and the things I remember. The only real hard part about past life regression? You remember your deaths too. With detail.
And the seeing of Spirits, Ghosts? Not exactly a blessing, more like a curse. I did not ask, or choose to me as I am. For me, life is prison.
I have done a hard time for a long time. I am about to be paroled. This does not happen when I want it to. Much like everyone else, I too have to take orders.

Good to see you here, in this thread. I know we have gotten off topic quite a bit, but certain ones need to know things, it is my duty to teach them, and whether they listen or not is not my concern. It is my hope that many people can learn from me, and I love to learn new things every day.

Blessings of the Great Father and Mother be with you friend.
Auto

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   

gabby, I'm NOT a disbeliever....I just think that there are individual ways that we see the truth, and each of those ways is just as correct as the others, as long as we believe in love, faith, and a higher power that lies beyond what we think of as "truth". I believe, with my whole heart, that we are NOT headed into an abyss of pain and suffering. Each of us, in their own way, will arrive at an understanding and merging with the Divine.

I guess I come from the school of what is truth is simply the truth, and there is no different truths for different souls.

If there is a real living God, He doesn't tell one person this and the other person something different, He wouldn't play head games like that , because He is true to Himself and to truth...regardless if His creation believes or not, or whether they agree or not.

I believe what the bible says, and what has been reaffirmed through the saints of the church and their visions.

I don't think God would be sending the mother of Jesus begging us to pray for the conversion of souls. If we were all going to get to the divine anyhow. I also think he wouldn't bring about great healings and miracles at these places of Holy messages to prove that it is the divine telling us the truth.

Bottom line, there can only be one truth..God doesn't change His mind and play the 3 faced game depending on who is listening. We have been warned and told about countless number of times that there is a devil, and he wants souls.. he hates Christ.. he hates Mary, and he hates humans because God came in the form of a human to save humans.

When I think of the souls who have seen visions of hell, purgatory ,as well as heaven, I don't think its some joke for cheap entertainment from the almighty...and when Saints who have spoken to angels, and to Jesus tell us what we need to do to please the living God, I believe them.

Sorry.. but there can only be ONE truth, and I guess in time God will reveal it to all of us, though some have had the true knowledge given to them already. The visionaries of medjugorje have all had 10 secrets given to them, prophecies of which are to come..or some maybe have already. Time will reveal Gods truth.. the living God, and no one will be able to deny it, and if they do, it is because they have allowed themselves to be controlled by the evil one, and have not opened themselves up to the Living God.

edit on 24-1-2012 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

If you truly seek God you will find Him.

I did. I found 18 Gods, and two Goddesses just in the Christian Bible, and a few thousand others in history. And before you say, "There is only One God," remember these Bible verses....

Genesis 1:26
"And God said, let us make man in our image."

Genesis 3:22
"And the Lord God said, Behold, then man is become as one of us, to know good and evil."

Genesis 11:7
"Let us go down, and there confound their language."

Exodus 15:11
"Who is like unto thee, O LORD, among the Gods?"

Exodus 20:3, 5
"Thou shalt have no other gods before me. ... Thou shalt not bow down thyself to them, nor serve them."

Exodus 22:28
"Thou shalt not revile the gods.

Exodus 23:13
"Make no mention of the name of other gods, neither let it be heard out of thy mouth."

Deuteronomy 6:14-15
"Ye shall not go after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you; For the LORD thy God is a jealous God among you."

Joshua 24:14
"Fear the Lord ... and put away the gods which your fathers served."

Psalm 86:8
"Among the gods there is none like unto thee, O Lord."

Psalm 96:4
"For the Lord ... is to be feared above all gods."

There are many other verses in the King James Bible, but I think you get the picture. Here is a List of Individual Gods/Goddesses Alphabetically. Now the Christian will say these are "False Gods," a most favored argument, but there in fact were quite real to those who believed in and served them at the time.

So, care to explain to me who these "other Gods" were? And how did they all become condensed into one? Or, did Jesus kill them all off in a power grab? I have asked this question plenty of times before, perhaps you can answer it for me?

Did you ask God to show you the truth or just assumed what you found is the truth?

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join