It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 09:59 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

I left you a response on the thread - I hope you get it figured out soon so that you can get some rest!

posted on Mar, 1 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I am alive. I am loved. I am worthy.

Tomorrow will be a beautiful day. I will be better.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Well, whilst you lot are 'waxing lyrical' I am going for a walk with my specially designed "Bush-Walking Zimmer Frame".
Have a nice day!

That's not really me. I pinched the photo but I thought it might put a smile on a few faces.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzTiger
Well, whilst you lot are 'waxing lyrical' I am going for a walk with my specially designed "Bush-Walking Zimmer Frame".
Have a nice day!

That's not really me. I pinched the photo but I thought it might put a smile on a few faces.

Awesome!

That will be me if I get to be old. Though, I doubt my beard will be as nice as I am female. I'm sure it will be super scraggly and curly since I have curly hair.

I kind of dress like that already, and am planning to live on a farm... so I'm halfway there.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Well I have been feeling down in the dumps the past couple of days and was getting very upset earlier.

So, I went for a walk outside. I played in the snow, hugged a pine tree, ate an inordinate amount of very dark chocolate, picked a juniper branch with berries on it to bring back into my office, and then found a very cool eroded rock that I picked up and rubbed a lot as I walked back inside. I felt the cold wind on my face, smelled the freshness of the air, and looked at the snowy mountains.

Indeed, there are many things to rejoice in.

I am feeling significantly better now, plus I have a juniper branch to smell and a new rock on my desk.

posted on Mar, 2 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Wow.

I was looking at the rock I found some more and noticed it has an indentation on one side. I turned the rock over and put the indentation at the top... and the rock is the perfect shape of a heart.

I am going to keep this rock FOREVER. Seriously. Awesome.

I have no way of posting a pic from work, but will take the rock home with me and take a picture of it.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Nice! Yeah me too, I have been stressing alot lately. So I went out and bought my self a one year membership at the gym - with full access to the swimmingpool. Have been swimming for 45 min each day four days on a row now. I have noticed I am more happy and open. The blue lights in the bedroom are helping and the shaking have calmed down a bit, but the sleeping problems are still going strong.. - but will expand on that further in the other thread, but I have not got the chance do the recording yet, so I havent reply'd since last post.

Edit: I wanna see a pic of that rock!

edit on 3-3-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by OzTiger

I am so gonna make one for when I might need it in the distant future! Awesome!

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

That's great that you have been swimming, and I am glad that you've found something you enjoy. I like swimming as well and miss it, though I prefer to swim outdoors. Something about swimming in a cold river or lake that is refreshing.

Extreme closeup:

Now that I look at it, the top layer has been eroded to look like a cameo. Even more awesome than I thought!

Fits perfectly in my palm:

You can also see my Tree of Life ring - the only jewelry that I wear. It reminds me of those things that make me feel alive. I also use it as a mother's ring - two stars as my sons and crescent moon as my daughter.

I'm designing a tattoo for myself that is similarly themed. I will post a picture of that when I have shaped it into what I have envisioned.

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

oh, thats just a really beautiful rock! Good find! (Jealous
) Yeah, I like swimming outdoors aswell, but here in Norway its too cold for now, have to wait a couple of months at least. Ah, i went and got myself a tattoo when i was 18... want to have it covered now with some kind of flowertheme. The motive I have on my arm is a cheap dragon, looks like im involved with some kind of mc-club

posted on Mar, 3 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
I am a big believer in "programming" yourself to be who you wish to be and to think the way you wish to think, rather than allowing someone else to do so, because let's face it... the human mind is made for pattern recognition, meaning it is made to be programmed. So who are we gonna let do the programming - others or our self?

That said, I start each and every day by saying aloud a positive affirmation, and it works. Even if you have trouble believing it at first, eventually you program yourself to start believing it.

I start my day with the following statement:

This is the day which has been made, so I will rejoice and be glad in it.
I will rejoice and be glad in love and kindness, for in them there is no trouble and they are faithful.
I bless this beautiful day and ask that its blessings be upon me.
For love is the only truth and with it I know I can do all things.

There is truly something to be said for positive thought. It may not be the end all of all and it may not be that the universe is mind and the idealist perspective is 100% correct, but there is most certainly something to be said for the power of positive thinking and the effects it can have upon your day-to-day life.

BTW, if you are an individual with problems of anxiety, depression, or even bad luck please think about what I said about programming and programming ourselves. We all think and live and recognize our surroundings according to patterns - pattern recognition. If you are in a depression pattern you are going to have depression to deal with, and the same goes for anxiety or even bad luck. So if you want out of that pattern then you need to reprogram yourself by using new patterns, such as positive affirmations said or done on a ritualistic and consistent basis.

Pattern recognition - think about it, it is all you or I or anyone does - it is what we do. It is how we think and see and smell and feel and everything. We are the measurers or observers of this universe (double slit experiment) and hence pattern recognizers and maybe even creators of such patterns (certainly in some cases).

In my opinion, because we are the ones who recognize the patterns, then the way out of a pattern is to change what we recognize or how we do so. If you are stuck in a bad pattern of life and thought, then the key is really to reprogram yourself the way YOU wish to be. That is done through ritualistic routine until it just becomes a part of you and what you do and how you think.

Get the "bad code" out and put some "good code" in, because we are, after all, computer brains - garbage in gets garbage out.

Recommended books:

The Power of Positive Thinking by Norman Vincent Peale
Real Magic by Wayne Dyer

In closing, your breathing is a pattern, your heart pumping is a pattern, your language is a pattern, music is a pattern, the perception process is a pattern, etc. - everything is a pattern (or so it seems subjectively, at the very least), and what is a pattern but a "code", line or string of information? And how do you recognize it? You measure it. But the key is, as the one who measures, you are the one who creates the units of measure, that is, the pattern which you recognize. And you do much more than recognize it - you live it because how you measure is part and parcel to how you perceive it, which has an impact upon how you think, which has an impact upon how you act and react and live your life (behavior and psychology).

If you want positive all you have to do is program yourself to recognize the patterns which make such, in my opinion. You don't have to be "fluffy" or shun supposedly negative people or any of that - just be the one who does the programming of yourself and don't let anyone else do it to you, and most definitely don't do it to anyone else (it is wrong to do to others what you don't want done to you).

Feeling good is the affirmation of a pattern we have learned to recognize as "feeling good", which is the result of the perception of patterns which are deemed "good". You don't have to lie to yourself and say you feel positive when you don't - that is not what I am saying. I am saying that you start putting patterns of good into your life and the "feeling good" part will naturally follow, and eventually the old patterns which made you feel bad will fall away.

To anyone this post might touch.. Think about what I said on your own terms and in your own way. This is my seventy-five cents worth of positive, now go buy yourself a drink.

Peace.

posted on Mar, 4 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by HillbillyHippie1

That was an excellent post until the end when I found I had to buy my own drink!

Peace to you too my friend and have a nice day.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by UnlimitedSky

Very nice mate I really enjoyed reading that, all of them apart from the dog one I would agree with thanks.. :-)

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I just had an Experience which words are inadequate to explain:

Walking,
Savoring the combination of textures and tastes of dried figs and raw almonds,
Cold wind blows
Blowing across my skin
Blowing through my skin
Blowing each vibrant, beautiful brown plant
Named weeds by Others
Bright sunlight becomes brighter
Blue sky becomes bluer
Tall trees come into focus
There.
There
Focus.
Trees
Sky
Clouds
Cold Wind
Not Cold
Wind, Skin,
Skin, Materials,
Taste, Texture
Solid Ground.
Joy.
Tears.

posted on Mar, 6 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Hi everybody, there is some really beautiful and inspiring writings and music on this thread. Thank you all,
All I can add is that for me an "Atitude of gratitude" has really made a difference to my life in the best possible way

Its the little things that make me happy but it is inportant, no vital!! to say "thank you" each and every time. Weather you are greatful to a person, place or pet!!, be thankful, pause and FEEL the gratitude! After a little time and practice you build up a bedrock of pure happiness that rests easy in your soul, constantly.

Here is one of my favorite songs that never fails to uplift me.
www.youtube.com...
Hope y`all enjoy it as much as I do. PEACE, LOVE and BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL. THANK YOU.

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Today I have been doing some hard swimming laps. Yesterday I went spinning for the second time in my life. The day before that I did laps again in the pool. Did the same thing the day before that again. I have been doing this for the last two weeks.. Giving my body the attention it deserves gives a really good feeling. I have never ever worked out before in my life until this point in life. Im am 25. I love excercising... its weird but it makes me happy. Literally.

I guess I just came to the conclusion that I wanted to make an effort and make live a little bit longer..

And guess what.. people have noticed what I have been up to lately and started joining me..

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ranong
Hi everybody, there is some really beautiful and inspiring writings and music on this thread. Thank you all,
All I can add is that for me an "Atitude of gratitude" has really made a difference to my life in the best possible way

Its the little things that make me happy but it is inportant, no vital!! to say "thank you" each and every time. Weather you are greatful to a person, place or pet!!, be thankful, pause and FEEL the gratitude! After a little time and practice you build up a bedrock of pure happiness that rests easy in your soul, constantly.

Here is one of my favorite songs that never fails to uplift me.
www.youtube.com...
Hope y`all enjoy it as much as I do. PEACE, LOVE and BLESSINGS TO YOU ALL. THANK YOU.

You are right, being grateful puts everything in perspective and life so much more enjoyable!

Thanks for posting your uplifting words!

posted on Mar, 15 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme
Today I have been doing some hard swimming laps. Yesterday I went spinning for the second time in my life. The day before that I did laps again in the pool. Did the same thing the day before that again. I have been doing this for the last two weeks.. Giving my body the attention it deserves gives a really good feeling. I have never ever worked out before in my life until this point in life. Im am 25. I love excercising... its weird but it makes me happy. Literally.

I guess I just came to the conclusion that I wanted to make an effort and make live a little bit longer..

And guess what.. people have noticed what I have been up to lately and started joining me..

That's great that you're feeling good, and great that you are having a positive influence on people around you!

Is "spinning" a ride on those stationary bikes?

And I agree, I cannot come out of an exercise session without a huge smile on my face - it feels fantastic and, somehow, empowering.

I've also been trying to have a positive influence on lifestyle changes of those around me, but in an urgent way: Related Thread . We are going to start swimming several mornings per week and also exercising evenings.

I am trying to decide whether to make my own swimsuit or buy one. I can't seem to find the style I would like - high neck, criss-cross or high back, wide straps, boy-cut bottom - and usually I just swim in a tank top and shorts... but I figure I should invest in a good suit for lap swimming.

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Woke up today with this song stuck in my head:

If Here is Where You Are (The Del McCoury Band)

Nobody stays in one place very long
They say hello, next thing you know they're gone
Way back in the good old days, folks used to take their time
These days it seems to me
They drop by so they can leave

Chorus:
If here is where you are
Here is where you're s'posed to be
If you come from near or far
It makes no never-mind to me
Take off your coat, pull up a chair
Wait a while and you will see
If here is where you are right now
Then here is where you're s'posed to be

I've been around the block a time or two
There's good times and there's hard times I've been through
The world just keeps on turning, and if there's one thing I keep learning
The more I'm in a hurry
The more I tend to worry

That song always makes me stop and think.

Today is where I am and here is where I will be.

posted on Mar, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

So sorry to hear about your friend! I think people just automatically wants to follow you when they see how happy you get from doing the changes you have made in your own life. And some may need to feel extra welcome and included if they have issues mentally and/or physichally. I have have a friend who has joined us one time, and I know she struggles alot with anxeiety and such, so even if she doesent show up I still keep trying to encourage her to join. because I know she really wants but can't always make her self.

Yep, spinning is those bikes. Very hard the first time and after that it was all good.

make you own suit? Thats just awesome
I just found one at the store, but think I have to buy a new one - my clevage is too much, and guess it will get worse when I get pregnant again

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join