It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by amongus

Actually, I have three young children, one of whom is a baby. And a mortgage. And a dog. And bills. And student loan debt.

But, my life doesn't revolve around money. I use money, but my family is much more important to me.

So, I don't worry about it.

I'm grateful that I have a job. I have worked hard to be where I am at in my life, and I appreciate that I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't feel the need to worry. When I catch myself worrying, I look back at my life - the majority of which was absolutely abysmal compared to what my life is now - and realize that when I can't see the forest for the trees, I need to climb a tree and look down at the forest.

I do like trees.

I hug them, frequently.

Haha, just reminded myself of the Seinfeld episode where Newman climbs a tree to get a fur coat. Kramer's like, "Where did you learn to climb trees like that?" And Newman goes, "The Pacific Northwest!" ahhaha.
edit on 2/1/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

I have never had much money in my life... Still I don't want to be rich and famous. All I care about is... my partner... my dog
( What dog do you have ottobot?
) And my family...

I have been through some very rough stuff in my life and I can say that I am happiest at my poorest. Making soup out of nothing when my loved one isn't expecting anything for dinner and serve it when he is sitting watching TV after work.. and seeing that smile... it's the best. Making my loved ones happy just like that

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

AMAZING! Was this one of yours laughing in that 3d US clip? Lovely anyway

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I TOTALLY FORGOT to post my new hobby on to this thread!
(One of the main reasons for being totally absent on this thread lately)

The first one I made!

And the 2'nd pice of my masterworks:

Ah, pls don't get offended by the finger in the first, it's just a lame joke
What do you think about my first try's? I have ordered some equipment to make these vid's longer, I just hope I keep my interest in this area for a long period of time
The second video I fully dedicate to ATS

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

I like those claymation videos, you did a good job.

I'm going to subscribe to your channel so I can see all the ones you post. I have always been interested in claymation (Gumby!), but I have never actually tried to create any. Awesome.

That sonogram with the smiling baby was just one I found on youtube. I never actually got to take 3D/4D ultrasounds with any of my kids because I couldn't afford it. But, I can see them in 3D/4D any time now anyway... so it's all right.

My dog is a Labrador Retriever called Sam:

edit on 2/3/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 3 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme

I have never had much money in my life... Still I don't want to be rich and famous. All I care about is... my partner... my dog
( What dog do you have ottobot?
) And my family...

I have been through some very rough stuff in my life and I can say that I am happiest at my poorest. Making soup out of nothing when my loved one isn't expecting anything for dinner and serve it when he is sitting watching TV after work.. and seeing that smile... it's the best. Making my loved ones happy just like that

Hey, I was going to ask you - have you ever heard of Andreas Viestad? I only ask because your post reminded me of how he cooks.

There is a show on public television here called "New Scandinavian Cooking", of which he is the main host. This guy does some amazing things with salted herring, canned sardines, etc. He pretty much always cooks outside, and frequently uses plants and animals from the surrounding environment (land, sea, forest) to create his meals. Seriously, he does create elaborate meals with very few store-bought ingredients.

So, anyway, back on track... I know what you mean about making loved ones smile. It is definitely a great feeling.

edit on 2/3/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Thanks so much
I am going to be the next David Lynch in the claymation-world
I just got up and did it, the weirdest thing. It came from no-where while watching TV, no animation on the TV or anything that could have triggered it that made me want to try it.

And yeah I heard those 3d/4d is very expensive.. I think I am sticking to the common ones next time I get pregnant.

Here is my dog Vinni a couple a summers ago

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Greetings to you, creatureme from Norway. Glad to make your acquaintance.
Thank you for sharing an innocent, positive post.
You are right, there is a lot of gloom and doom these days, especially in here, as forums and blogs seem to be the gathering points for the negatives.

I try to be positive all of the time, sometimes I fail, I am only human. I live in the world of negatives, in many ways, I live on a fixed income that rarely goes up, in an economy where prices always go higher, and I spend a lot of time in doctor's offices and hospitals, I am saddled with some serious injuries that make my life miserable some days. But, I always try to project a positive attitude, and always try to spread a little light wherever I go. It's hard to remain positive, The world itself seems to be coming to an end, there are wars and war drums beating all over the world. Reports of earthquakes, violent storms, giant ice cubes breaking off the ice shelf, strange weather, flooding, people running around trying to save everyone....it just seems to be getting worse, don't it?

All you, or anyone can do is project that Light within, that spark of the Divine we all have the care of. A star for a good post.
Love and Light, Auto

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I lost my dad 2 am thursday morning, hung out with his body at the viewing friday, saturday I cremated him, hes nothing but a memory now, someone that I miss

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

I am sorry for your loss, Jyze420.

What is your favorite memory of your father? (If you feel comfortable sharing, that is.)

posted on Feb, 6 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420
I lost my dad 2 am thursday morning, hung out with his body at the viewing friday, saturday I cremated him, hes nothing but a memory now, someone that I miss

In my belief (maybe not yours) you did not "lose" your Father, he just went Home, where he will be waiting for you when you get there. As long as he lives in your memories, he will always be there with you, friend. Be at Peace. He is pain free and healthy now.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Hey guys i would like to post something that Alexander the great said " There is nothing impossible to him who will try." those are very inspiring words that everyone should always have when they are facing something difficult or seemed impossible, just to keep trying.

posted on Feb, 7 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I didn't sleep well last night and feel strange.

This morning, I saw the moon set and the sun rise.

This is a beautiful day.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by jyze420

So very sorry for your loss... hope you are hanging in there. For me it's just what autowrench said - he went home. When people die - and they might say at their deathbed that they can see their deceased relatives and friends just as when they pass on - waiting for them/welcoming them. I truly believe there is a world waiting for us. An amazing one
The place we materialize from when we are born, the place we dematerialize to when we die. We just go back where we came from

edit on 9-2-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
I didn't sleep well last night and feel strange.

This morning, I saw the moon set and the sun rise.

This is a beautiful day.

I have had some seriously strange dreams lately... feel strange too, when waking up tho. Haven't slept well in a long time. Going to try to keep a dreamjournal. If I ever dare to translate and show them to Ats, you will... think I am not sane anymore
Weirdest...

edit on 9-2-2012 by creatureme because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

No I have not! Weird, I should have heard about him by now. But I a few people without much money have taught me to do some good cooking without having to spend a fortune on ingredients. Lucky, It was nice to be taught this - and it became really handy for me at a later point in life.

posted on Feb, 9 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jyze420

This is a prima example for why I created this thread. If you feel down or have had a rough time, lost someone. It doesn't matter. Join us. Positivity thread is here to make you feel better. We help each other in this thread. From death of a loving relative to helpful cooking tips

Lots of love to all!

Again, so sorry for your loss jyze420...

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
I try to be positive all of the time, sometimes I fail, I am only human. I live in the world of negatives, in many ways, I live on a fixed income that rarely goes up, in an economy where prices always go higher, and I spend a lot of time in doctor's offices and hospitals, I am saddled with some serious injuries that make my life miserable some days. But, I always try to project a positive attitude, and always try to spread a little light wherever I go. It's hard to remain positive,

Hello Autowrench,

Your post reminded me of a woman I took care of a few years ago: she had a very bad case of type 2 diabetes, had just had one of her legs amputated, was undergoing radiation for breast cancer, and had a bunch of other issues. She always had an upbeat attitude and we would have great conversations about painting and books and the like, but she was always very embarrassed about the state of her body.

One day I went to her house to check on her medications and help her get up and about for the day and she had had an "accident" overnight. She was apologizing profusely, almost in tears because she was so ashamed that she wasn't able to control her body.

I smiled and said, "Hey, at least you can go."

She looked at me like I was nuts and then realized that I didn't care, I was there to help her. She started laughing, and from then on was able to accept help without apology.

My point is, I see where you are coming from, although I have not experienced it myself. Most people with many health problems just give up. I am glad that you haven't given up.

Thank you for trying to see things in a positive light, and trying to help others to stay positive. Much appreciated!

posted on Feb, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Definitely keep a dream journal!

Trust me, I have completely crazy dreams all the time. Here's an example of one that I posted about awhile ago: www.abovetopsecret.com... hahahaha.

Share away!

posted on Feb, 22 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
It is very windy here today. The type of wind that blows you along the path you are walking.

I've been smiling like a lunatic every time I go out in it.

On another note, I've been seeing flocks of Robins all week, and got about five feet from a wild turkey yesterday.. but I forgot my camera! Cannot believe it.

Oh well, I'm going back out into the wind in a little while. That will make me smile again.

posted on Feb, 25 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ottobot! there is a ghost in our house!!! www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join