It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by amongus

Hey, Smile, Life can't be all that bad!

I get down in the dumps, too, but I find that posting in this thread always makes me feel better.

Here's a bad joke for you to scoff at:
Q - What did the rude prism say to the light beam that smacked into him?
A - Get bent!

Bwahahahahahah... ok, I'm actually dorky enough that I think that joke is funny.

What is your favorite joke, Amongus?

Life.

Or, why is 6 afraid of 7?

Because 7 8 9.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Haha, I like that one too.

Life is definitely a joke, this is why you have to laugh at it. You must not take it too seriously, you will not make it out alive anyway - might as well yukk it up while you can.

I have found that I can laugh at pretty much anything, but especially myself. There is a bizarre aspect to every single situation that is laughable, you just have to look for it.

Just look at it from the perspective of an alien.

- What would an alien think of a mopey person slouched over yelling at the ceiling for causing him/her invisible pain?

- What would an alien think of a person storming around breaking dishes and throwing papers all over the house, ranting and raving... and then the same person going around cleaning up the mess s/he made... still ranting and raving?

What say you?
edit on 2/1/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

That reply kills me......laugh at life, right? Would you laugh at life if you didn't know where your next paycheck came from? Nope. Not that that's my situation, but man. I wish I could look at life in such an oblivious way.

I'm not taking it out on you btw
. I appreciate your humor.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Yep, I would. I've had to sell aluminum cans just to buy a block of cheese or jug of milk or head of cabbage. I still smiled at the fellows at the recycling shop, because they were friendly folks. This is how I roll.

I was just talking about this today, actually.

When I'm in a situation that I can only see the worst possible scenario, I'm all grumpy and complaining about every single thing that "goes wrong" when I'm in a bad mood.

Then something worse happens and I realize that I had it pretty stinking good before, when I was whining about mold on the walls (that I should be cleaning instead of whining about) or not having a candy bar (when I should be eating an apple instead).

Seriously. Things could always be much, much, worse.

It's all about perspective.

And, I choose to see it from the perspective of the cosmic joker. Sure, I'm the butt of the joke... but somebody has to be, right?

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

And, are you married? With a child on the way? A mortgage? Just curious, not being a smart ass...

I would be a lot more open to humor like that if I was only worried about myself....but when there is a family involved, (snip) gets real.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:47 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Actually, I have three young children, one of whom is a baby. And a mortgage. And a dog. And bills. And student loan debt.

But, my life doesn't revolve around money. I use money, but my family is much more important to me.

So, I don't worry about it.

I'm grateful that I have a job. I have worked hard to be where I am at in my life, and I appreciate that I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't feel the need to worry. When I catch myself worrying, I look back at my life - the majority of which was absolutely abysmal compared to what my life is now - and realize that when I can't see the forest for the trees, I need to climb a tree and look down at the forest.

I do like trees.

I hug them, frequently.

Haha, just reminded myself of the Seinfeld episode where Newman climbs a tree to get a fur coat. Kramer's like, "Where did you learn to climb trees like that?" And Newman goes, "The Pacific Northwest!" ahhaha.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

Actually, I have three young children, one of whom is a baby. And a mortgage. And a dog. And bills. And student loan debt.

But, my life doesn't revolve around money. I use money, but my family is much more important to me.

So, I don't worry about it.

I'm grateful that I have a job. I have worked hard to be where I am at in my life, and I appreciate that I've gotten to a point in my life where I don't feel the need to worry. When I catch myself worrying, I look back at my life - the majority of which was absolutely abysmal compared to what my life is now - and realize that when I can't see the forest for the trees, I need to climb a tree and look down at the forest.

I do like trees.

I hug them, frequently.

Yet it all comes down to you having a job, and not having to worry.....so you can afford to have a happy outlook on life and the future. If you think about it, even though you say your life doesn't revolve around money, it actually does. It affords you to have such a happy outlook.

Once again, I really appreciate your thread....I'm just trying to prove that everyone that has a happy smiley outlook in life really isn't in the same boat the majority of us are in now.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

With all due respect, you know absolutely nothing about me other than that I am annoying you by being batty on a thread on a conspiracy site on the internet at almost midnight PST.

I'm not in the same boat because I don't want to be in the same boat.

I was unemployed from 2009 to early Feb 2011. I had very little cashflow. So, I started my own business. Still didn't make much money, but it was enough to live on. I continued looking for full time work in the meantime, and eventually found it.

Aye, I use money to live. But, I do not live to use money.

I need to go to bed, friend, take it easy!

I'm still going to tell you to smile. Heck, if you are married and have a baby on the way, you have a lot to smile about. Go smooch your unborn baby's home.

Take it easy!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   

reply to post by amongus

With all due respect, you know absolutely nothing about me other than that I am annoying you by being batty on a thread on a conspiracy site on the internet at almost midnight PST.

I'm not in the same boat because I don't want to be in the same boat.

I was unemployed from 2009 to early Feb 2011. I had very little cashflow. So, I started my own business. Still didn't make much money, but it was enough to live on. I continued looking for full time work in the meantime, and eventually found it.

Aye, I use money to live. But, I do not live to use money.

I need to go to bed, friend, take it easy!

I'm still going to tell you to smile. Heck, if you are married and have a baby on the way, you have a lot to smile about. Go smooch your unborn baby's home.

Take it easy!

I sent you a PM.....and I took your advice in your last post.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Excellent!

I've got another bad joke:

Did you hear about the fire at the circus? It was in tents.

Go ahead, reader, double /facepalm. I know you want to!

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I song that kind of brings emotions that is a positive thing.It touched my soul it brought a tear to my eye.What happened with Creatureme made me think of the song. It may seem like a downer but songs that do that makes it a positive. The video enhances the song too. The song may sound fimiliar the tv show House uses it as the theme music.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
www.youtube.com...

my only advie would be to.......

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

I haven't heard that song in a very long time, it always touches me. Thank you for posting the video.

Honestly, I don't think that most people know that unborn babies have REM sleep, cry, breathe, laugh, get frightened, know how to play, hear everything that is going on around them, know the roots of the language of their parents, recognize light, enjoy being patted and soothed, enjoy being sung to, and recognize family members by voices.

Children are amazing.

Some interesting links:
Babies' Language Learning Starts From the Womb

When Does Consciousness Arise?

Do Babies In the Womb Have Dreams?

Babies 'Smile' in the Womb

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet but it makes me smile

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Pixiefyre

Yes, that is a great video! My older son is six and starts blushing and stammering when he sees this girl singing.
I like teasing him about girls. Man, so cute.

Unfortunately for me, he is a studmuffin and the girls like him as much as he likes them. I'm in big trouble with this kid.

Haha. Anyway, thanks for posting.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 01:06 AM
link   
This video gave me goosebumps if I'm to be honest. It is one of my favorites, and I think about it all the time, and what it is to be positive, and where our instincts and morals come from. I don't know how to put the video up other than this :

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by andersensrm

Wow.

You never know how things will work out. I really can't say anything other than watching the leopard protecting and worrying about the baby is very inspiring to me on a very deep level.

Thank you for posting this.

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Thanks, im ok
I am glad my body decided to handle things on its own. We will try again!

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

So many reply's and conversations between peeps in this thread!
Nice! Sorry for being absent, just had to have some time for my self, no internet (well, some internet
), no TV and such. think its healthy when one need to collect ones thoughts and spirituality and such

I was just thinking about bringing more plants into the house today... hah!

edit on 2-2-2012 by creatureme because: editpiaf

posted on Feb, 2 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

That's why I made this thread... Seeing everybody happy everywhere... Happy on TV, Happy on the streets, in the store, on the internet... It made me sick... Until I realized that... we all deserve to be happy. No matter what person you think everybody else are on the outside. Repulsive... cool... nice... evil.. stupid... doesn't matter.. we are all made of the same cloth you know. YOU KNOW THIS!

So... You don't need to feel you are being pushed into a prozac-happy'ish state.. Just... you make your own fun... For me.. it's difficult.. That's what this thread is for... Just post something you want to show people you don't know... Who don't judge you... That's why you are here on Ats right? To connect to someone who is not involved with your everyday life?

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join