It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That Gratitude Prayer is perfect. I also like that it takes a long time to say, because it actually gives you time to think about all of those things you are grateful for.

This morning, when I was almost to work, I got stuck at a train crossing. Instead of getting irritated, I decided to actually take the time to watch the train. I watched it trek by, listened to that old familiar clunk/click of the wheels and the squealing of the brakes. I read the interesting notes on the sides of the cars, things like, "Non Odorized Liquid Petroleum" and "Add 100 Gallons of Water after Venting" and "WARNING, Avoid a Tipping Accident By Using Proper Procedures". I noticed some funny little pictographs with the stickman getting hurt, a train car falling on its side, and various symbols related to what each car was carrying.

I started looking at the graffiti on the side of the cars and thinking about the people who put it there. I realized that each and every one of those people decided to put their mark on the train because they knew the train would travel to places they couldn't. They wanted other people in other places to know that they, indeed, had lived. To know that they also existed, even though they may be far away. To know that they, too, had been near that train. I wondered how far each of those cars had traveled and how long they had been on the rails, and where their day would take them.

I started looking around at my surroundings. The sun hadn't risen, the air was crisply cold, the hills and trees looked beautiful covered in frost. My old car was purring softly, my old gloves were whispering softly on the steering wheel, my old coat was nice and warm, and my old shoes were feeling very comfortable on my feet. I felt great. I felt grateful. I felt happy.

I like slowing down.

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

A little late but hope these help........thought it was cute.

Commerical is only a minute.....worth the wait, so cute and I love the song - put on the head phones and turn it up for this one.

I use to get depressed but since volunteering at a homeless shelter and animal shelter/rescue - I don't have time to be depressed.

Seems when you do something for others with no expectation of payback, you get a payback........a feeling of having helped someone else.

edit on 9-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added mooses video.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

The moose in the sprinkler video is awesome! So sweet! I like when the first baby goes back to ask his/her mom if it's OK to play, and then the mom comes out and tells the other baby that it's safe. I love it.

Thank you for posting!

I keep resurrecting this thread because it reminds me to find something positive in every situation.

edit on 12/13/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Down load it (while you still can) and stick it on a thumb drive.

Also take a leave from worrying about the rest of the planet's stupidity..............life will go on and if humanity goes the way of the dinosaur, maybe so much the better.

We are a arrogant, greedy and warring lot anyway, just read some of the sarcastic, caustic replies on ATS.

Again, go out and do just one random act of kindness a day - buy a homeless person a big mac, do something for someone else, hold that elevator door open a second longer for that person that's slow, smile at someone (although now if you do people think your nuts), pick up something someone drops.

I'm glad that video helped, it helps to remind me that not everything is wrong with the world.

The music is cool too.

Sending good thoughts your way.

I thought this zoo sign was funny too.

edit on 13-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I like that sign... it's all true!

The best joke I've ever told:

"When is a door not a door?

When it's ajar!!!"

I get that joke stuck in my head at least two times per year. I think I learned it when I was about 4 years old, haha. But, I really stink at telling jokes.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   

My Dear creatureme, Do u know that you look beautiful to me. When you get the feeling of dark clouds looming overhead,start thinking of happy times and what happy things you are going to do later.Tell yourself mentally that you are happy and things will work out because you have the happy positive vibrations in and around you. The saying "Happy Go Lucky" is true when you have experience it again time after time.
Here is a song to lift ALL your spirits.
[yvid]

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

I am doing that boring thing - if life gives you lemons, make lemonade.

But, hey, just because my only child does not care if I die, at least I am helping another child.

Oh, crap, what can I say - life on this planet is too difficult.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   
It's Happy Hour time ! In the country where I am now. Go for a mug when your happy hour comes. Two or three is enough and enjoy the chat with your fellow drinkers.

[yvid]

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
I am having a bout of melancholy. I am going to write the things I am thankful for until my mood changes.

I am thankful that it is winter, it's my favorite time of year.

I am thankful that I live in a beautiful place.

I am thankful to have a safe, warm home to live in.

I am thankful to have a family to love and be loved by.

I am thankful to have a job.

I am thankful to have electricity.

I am thankful to have water.

I am thankful that it snowed the other day, because I love snow.

I am thankful that I have a dog that is patient and sweet and tries to protect me from the mailman.

I am thankful for baby kisses.

I am thankful for caramels.

I am thankful that I don't live in a war-torn country.

I am thankful that I have a right to vote for my country's [potential] leader.

I am thankful for the ability to walk.

I am thankful for the ability to breathe.

I am thankful for the ability to sing.

I am thankful for the ability to think.

I am thankful that I can go to sleep soon and possibly sleep in a little and have blueberry waffles for breakfast with some awesome kids I happen to live with.

YES!

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
chain reaction to being kind

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I am thankful for meeting my partner in life

I am thankful for my little dog

I am thankful for that kindness exist

I am thankful for homemade food

I am thankful for the nature on earth

I am thankful for being able to feel happy

I am thankful for my fertility

I am thankful for the gift of life

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I got a phone call today from my daughter asking me if I was going to go see her play tomorow....it was cool
The gravity of the situation she explained to me made all my worries melt away as I said yes, I was going.....

Imagine if we all could say it......yes.....
edit on 21-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Happy Christmas, everyone!

I wanted to post a pretty snow picture, I took this a couple of days ago on a walk. The Ponderosa pine tree on the left side of the image is one of my favorite places to hang out. It's a nice tree to hug, too.

edit on 12/24/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

How was the play, newyorkee?

I hope you all had a good holiday.

On to the new year and new beginnings!

I am currently enjoying my favorite type of weather: windy and rainy.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I am thankful you are thankful!
Those first few months of pregnancy can be difficult, sounds like you are dealing with it, though. Hang in there!

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by celticdog

Great video, thanks for posting it celticdog!

As Aesop said, "No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted." This is so true.

posted on Dec, 28 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I've been a very heavy nihilistic mood but I suppose I could say:

I am grateful for my parents adopting me.
I am grateful that they put up with my sh** and still love me.
I am grateful for the way the raised me.

I'm sure there is more but it is lunch time now and must find some food.

posted on Dec, 30 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SolidFaith

Those are important things to be grateful for. It's awesome that you are able to find things to appreciate, even feeling nihilistic. Your parents' love for you is not pointless or worthless; you are now thankful for them!

How was lunch?

I am grateful, today, because I have a very fun and interesting job where I learn something new every day. I also can pretty much set my own hours and as a result am getting off about 4 hours early today to have an extended weekend, and thus having a nearly four day weekend. Woot Wooty! I'm feeling excited.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

It's horrible. Oh, the hormones.. I think it peaked during Christmas, I have never felt so irrational in my whole life. Yaiks!

Two weeks until I start 2'd trimester so I hope my strong feelings for everything will calm down soon. Other than that, it's really nice to have a life growing inside me

posted on Jan, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

I know what you mean, that uncontrollable emotion is not easy to become accustomed to.

My youngest is 6 months old, he's at the point where he is realizing that he is his own person. It's so sweet to hear him "talking" to his siblings and learning about his own body and learning how to feed himself and sit up and crawl. He recently got his first two teeth (in time for Christmas
!) and is so proud when he can go with the others to have his teeth brushed.

Children are amazing miracles.

Typing that out put me in an exceptionally cheery mood.

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join