It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 20 2012 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

I don't know how old your child is................but with time and patience he/she may learn to appreciate you.

I know from personal experience, my first born was literally the child from hell.

He has finally grown up.............just turned 35.

Don't give up hope, keep plugging away.

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I miscarriaged on saturday.. at week 12
But I made this thread and I am staying true to it - They said at the hospital that im healthy and fully functional down there so def gonna make another try when my body is ready

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Oh no, I am so sorry for your loss.

I am glad your body is OK, though.

May your heart and spirit heal, in time, as well.

So sad.

I will be thinking good thoughts for you today.

ETA: You know what? On Friday and Saturday, I was wondering how you were doing, since you'd not posted here in awhile. I was really hoping you had not miscarried. :-/ Totally just thought about that right now. Again, I am very sorry to hear this.
edit on 1/25/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Aaaw.. Its so nice to hear that you thought of me!
But, we will try again. I just thought I was in the safe zone almost reaching the 2 trimester
And we just told everybody! Hurt a bit at first, but im fine now. But thank you so much for your thoughts. Its weird tho.. It just proves we don't need internet to connect!

posted on Jan, 27 2012 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Very true, I am of the opinion that we are capable of connecting to anyone at any time simply by thought.

The internet is a nice facilitator, though.

On topic:
Today was very icy outside - we had a nice storm last week but the snow has frozen and refrozen several times since then. I am grateful that I only slipped a couple of times but never fell down.

Also, I am grateful that I remembered to take my Bonsai tree to work, because when I got to my office it was clear that my fern was not going to survive much longer in the dry air there. Since I took the tree in, I still have the same number of plants in my office, but need to get another hanging one to replace the fern (I brought it home). Haha, the other day someone came in and was like, "I love coming in here, it's always green and smells good. I should come up here more often!"

posted on Jan, 28 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I never miscarried, but feel your pain............as my sister miscarried in front of me.

I hope you heal and go on.

Dont' know what to say to comfort you.

Maybe some things are not meant to be?

I wish you well and comfort. I really feel for you as I have never had to endure this.

You have gone through much and will survive.

I wish you well.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
I don't know what my problem is, but the past few days I have had a rather low and irritable mood. I don't like it. It's eating at me and I feel all fidgety and weird and negative and kind of angry for no reason.

I need to flip these negatives to positives.

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

All right, just finished tooting my own horn for a performance review.

I'm pretty awesome.

Feeling a little better now, just need to stay upbeat and remember that wallowing in negative thoughts will not get me anywhere. The only way I can move forward is to step out of the sludge, wipe my boots, and take one step at a time.

*deep breath*

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Are you a woman? Hormones? To much coffee/sigs? Too little sleep. We are bio-chemical "machines" that need the right bio TLC

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   

My condoleances. Don't deny yourself your grief, but I think you won't.
Gillian Anderson is so lovely, makes me feel good!

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Sweet little robin, how cute. Love them, see them rarely. One used to watch me smoke outside the building where I used to work. I guess it fancied me

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Possibly go to the store and buy a bottle of St. John's Wort. I get Sundown Naturals brand. Take a couple - they will help your mood.

If you have a safe warm bed, enough food, A JOB
(I don't mine was outsource to India and was 57 when they gave my job of 16 years away even though I had 16 years of exceeds expectation reviews & a 98% accuracy rate).

You're doing okay.

And there is always tomorrow.

I found that once I stopped watching TV and most movies I don't get depressed. Now days so many movies and series are dark, depressive, hopeless, selfish and childish.

Also again just doing something kind for someone else with no expectation of "payback" will really make you feel good.

Promise.

Hope you are feeling better.

If all that doesn't help, either go here
or Good Search (vs Google) frequency waves for lifting depression.

Now different strokes for different folks. I go to vimeo.com... (put the head phones on and turn up the sound) and listen to The Great Bell Chant and that automatically lifts me up.

One last thing, do the treadmill or a Elliptical Machine.

If you live some place where it is now winter research seasonal depression disorder and buy a lamp. Mine is a nature Bright Sun Touch Plus model 4040.

Our brains need a certain amount of sun light or we get naturally depressed. Again exercise helps.

Lastly, a couple really good books to read are "How to practice The Way to a meaningful Life" by His Holiness the Dalai Lama and "The Heart of the Buddha's Teaching" by Thich Nhat Hanh.

Thich Nhat Hanh is the one who reads in The Great Bell Chant.

Try any or all of the above.

Hope this helps everyone out there going through the winter blues.

As I said before, different strokes for different folks, maybe go out to a bar or club and dance the night away.........but for me this proved empty and meaningless.

My biggest high is serving the guests we have at our homeless shelter.

Or when my dog, who was six hours away from being gassed finally came around after months of being scared and cowering, licked me and looked at me with love in her eyes.

Make a difference.

Sung by Jimmy Durante - last song in Sleepless in Seattle

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy;
Make just one heart the heart you sing to.
One smile that cheers you,
One face that lights when it nears you,
One girl you're ev'rything to.

Fame if you win it,
Comes and goes in a minute.
Where's the real stuff in life to cling to?
Love is the answer,
Someone to love is the answer.
Once you've found her, build your world around her.

Make someone happy,
Make just one someone happy,
And you will be happy, too.

edit on 30-1-2012 by ofhumandescent because: replied to everyone feeling down not just one person

posted on Jan, 30 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Hey, thanks for the recommendations. I will definitely look into the waves, I have tried binural beats before, but it's been awhile. I do kind of feel like my brain waves are out of whack or something.

Yes, I always feel much better when I get outside and take a nice walk. It's actually been sunny here for the past few days, so that's not the issue. Even then, I like rain and snow a lot, so that's not my particular issue.

I take a ton of D3 and fish oil every day and two or more walks every day. I've had a great mood for probably the past two months, and then (out of nowhere) - crash.

I pretty much only watch documentaries, sci-fi, westerns, and scientific shows; generally on the internet. I do agree, television is basically just a waste of time these days. PBS is about all I can stand.

My problems are with my thought processes, learned in childhood as a coping/survival mechanism. I have almost got them beat, but they still drag me down once in awhile. It's annoying, especially because I know those thoughts are total bullcrap... but I still think them and get trapped by them if I'm not careful.

And, I agree, there is no better feeling than being kind to others.

Nope, I'm not a clubber either. I'm more of a cuddle-up-with-a-good-book kinda gal. Or, work outside until I'm completely exhausted - that always makes me feel better. But the thing that brings me back to reality and out of depths of sorrow: my awesome and superbly sweet kids. They can put a smile on my face no matter what lame stuff I am thinking. Looking through their eyes, I see a perspective that tells me how wrong I am when I'm thinking badly about myself.

I AM going to wake up tomorrow and be happy and calm and pleased to have a brand new day.
edit on 1/30/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
hello all! this is my first post here. i have recently become enlightened and i've made it my goal to spread happiness and optimism everywhere i can but it's very hard when everyone thinks you're telling them how to live! i don't get it! people get angry at me when i tell them to be happy! is there any advice for this??

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by topmid

Hey there, and welcome!

My advice: don't tell them to be happy. Tell them, "Smile, life can't be all that bad!" And smile yourself.

I can tell you, every single time someone has said this to me I break into a smile. Why? Because I instantly realize that the world is not revolving around my petty little worries, and my foul mood is visible to other people.

Or, if you think people will still react negatively to your statement, just smile at other people and don't say anything.

True story: There was a man who was going into a store to buy a gun with the intent to commit suicide. As he was walking through the door, a complete stranger on the way out of the store smiled and nodded at him. He then realized that maybe life, indeed, wasn't as bad as he thought it was if a random stranger could look at him and smile. He did not purchase a gun, and did not commit suicide. Instead, he went and sought counseling for his problems.

Smiles and laughter are powerful combatants to the backtalk of our minds.

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ottobot
reply to post by topmid

Hey there, and welcome!

My advice: don't tell them to be happy. Tell them, "Smile, life can't be all that bad!" And smile yourself.

I can tell you, every single time someone has said this to me I break into a smile. Why? Because I instantly realize that the world is not revolving around my petty little worries, and my foul mood is visible to other people.

Or, if you think people will still react negatively to your statement, just smile at other people and don't say anything.

True story: There was a man who was going into a store to buy a gun with the intent to commit suicide. As he was walking through the door, a complete stranger on the way out of the store smiled and nodded at him. He then realized that maybe life, indeed, wasn't as bad as he thought it was if a random stranger could look at him and smile. He did not purchase a gun, and did not commit suicide. Instead, he went and sought counseling for his problems.

Smiles and laughter are powerful combatants to the backtalk of our minds.

Thank you, great advice! It's amazing how people let money control their mood. I used to be this way but now that I realize money is good for nothing, I can see how other people let it control them, and I don't like it at all. All my mom cares about is her stupid debt, and I tell her the only way to get through it is to stay positive but she denies everything I tell her just because I'm younger than her... It's very annoying hearing about money all day when I just want to live!

posted on Jan, 31 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

sorry to hear that, hope you are doing well and stay positve it will happen. When you ask the universe for something it will be given to you take care

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by topmid

Thank you, great advice! It's amazing how people let money control their mood. I used to be this way but now that I realize money is good for nothing, I can see how other people let it control them, and I don't like it at all. All my mom cares about is her stupid debt, and I tell her the only way to get through it is to stay positive but she denies everything I tell her just because I'm younger than her... It's very annoying hearing about money all day when I just want to live!

Here's what you do every time she starts in on money issues: pat her on the shoulder or give her a hug, look her in the eyes, and say (matter of factly), "Mom, I love you." That's all it takes.
It's not going to change her automatically, but it will give her pause.

If you live in the same house as her, start doing random nice things for her - have dinner ready when she gets home, do various chores she usually does, suggest watching a movie you know she'd like and actually sit and watch it with her. Take her to a park or some place that is beautiful and requires no money and just hang out.

If you live away from her, give her a call and tell her about something nice. Meet up with her once a week to go for a walk. Send her a card in the mail that she will smile at when she opens it. Record yourself singing a song and send her a copy.

In my experience, when people complain a lot or stress about things they have no control over, it is because they are sad. Now, the root cause of sadness is different for everyone. But, for a lot of people, it is because they are lonely. So, just be there for her.

There's nothing you can do that will change her thought process - this is something she must do for herself. But, you can distract her from her negative preoccupation with money by giving her something to smile about.
edit on 2/1/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Love the thread. But I can't help but feel more depressed seeing everyone else so happy and optimistic.

posted on Feb, 1 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

Hey, Smile, Life can't be all that bad!

I get down in the dumps, too, but I find that posting in this thread always makes me feel better.

Here's a bad joke for you to scoff at:
Q - What did the rude prism say to the light beam that smacked into him?
A - Get bent!

Bwahahahahahah... ok, I'm actually dorky enough that I think that joke is funny.

What is your favorite joke, Amongus?

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join