It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Positivity Thread for Sad & Lonely Souls (help me make it if you enjoy spreading happiness)

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by creatureme
reply to post by ottobot

Awesome!!
A friend of mine has started to knit also, she knits little stuffed animals. I dunno how she does it, but looks very cool! She makes them look really sad and you instantly want to give the animal a hug.
Are you doing several colors or just sticking to one for now? I havent knitted since I was a child, the most difficult thing is to make masks I think.

I'm just using one color for right now, but I will figure out how to use multiple colors in one piece.

Sheesh, maybe I will learn how to make stuffed animals, those sound cute and cuddly. Eventually, I will be making wares to sell.

Lately, I've had a heightened interest in all kinds of "lost" activities. Things that people used to do every day of their lives living on farms, but what nobody knows how to do now. Soap making, candle-making, jelly-making, preserving food by canning and drying, clothes-making from scraps, hand carving, making essential oils from herbs, mechanics of old machinery, etc.

I just can't learn enough. I yearn to learn.
It makes me happy.

And oh.. I found out that my due date (before ultrasound) is 21th of Desember 2012

Hahah! It was meant to be! Haha. Awesome.
How are you feeling?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Yeah, those stuffed animals she makes got really popular all of a sudden, I think she has about ten people lined up to get one of those!

Lately, I've had a heightened interest in all kinds of "lost" activities. Things that people used to do every day of their lives living on farms, but what nobody knows how to do now. Soap making, candle-making, jelly-making, preserving food by canning and drying, clothes-making from scraps, hand carving, making essential oils from herbs, mechanics of old machinery, etc.

Oh yeah! Thats pretty awesome. Last time I made candles must have been in kindergarden at some point. Oh, I actually bought a perfumekit from Ikea and has been wondering about making homemade perfume
I wish I lived on a small farm, doing all those things... It would have been so great.. Maybe it will happen some day.. But just a small farm tho.. With some chickens, a couple of cows, two pigs and maaaaybe some sheep.

Hahah! It was meant to be! Haha. Awesome. How are you feeling?

I feel sooo tired. Not so much nausea tho.. But I sleep like 13 hours a night at this point..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Me too! My life's goal is to be a farmer.
Just a small farm where I can be independent and as self-sustained as possible.

Take that rest when you can get it. There's nothing wrong with that!

Speaking of being tired, I went swimming this morning for the first time in about 8 years. I didn't realize how difficult it would be to lap swim for 45mins. I could totally use a nap right about now. But, I will get better and as my stamina increases, I shouldn't be as tired after a swim. I really do like swimming, though.

I've been having a weird time emotionally - half the time I can't figure out how I feel. My default state has been "emotionless" for a long time, but I decided not to be like that anymore. I've been working on it for a couple of years, letting myself feel when I need to, and can now actually recognize when I start to go into an emotionless (apathetic) state. The problem is, when I catch myself becoming despondent, I don't actually know how I am feeling. It's confusing. I can't tell if I'm sad or angry or afraid or guilty or ashamed or happy or neutral or what. I guess it is a mixture of all of those things, but when I feel that jumble, I can't even locate a source for those feelings. It is disconcerting. :-/ I'm learning, though, that's all I can ask for.

At least I'm peaceful the rest of the time - it is strange and wonderful to feel at peace.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
If life were meant to be easy . . . it would be!

Don't forget to smile . . . life could be worse. (Jess)

A little yellow bird with a yellow bill flew upon my window sill . . . I lured him in with crumbs of bread . . . then I . . . . ....Wait! . . . Forget that little poem . . . it does not end happy and is rather sadistic actually.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Yeah, it was for me aswell. The first times is very hard, and then its just loosens up and you get that inner motivation
My stamina is at its best at the time - last time it was this good was prob when I was a kid.

I've been having a weird time emotionally - half the time I can't figure out how I feel. My default state has been "emotionless" for a long time, but I decided not to be like that anymore. I've been working on it for a couple of years, letting myself feel when I need to, and can now actually recognize when I start to go into an emotionless (apathetic) state. The problem is, when I catch myself becoming despondent, I don't actually know how I am feeling. It's confusing. I can't tell if I'm sad or angry or afraid or guilty or ashamed or happy or neutral or what. I guess it is a mixture of all of those things, but when I feel that jumble, I can't even locate a source for those feelings. It is disconcerting. :-/ I'm learning, though, that's all I can ask for.

You are not alone, I have this feeling all the time. Except when I get those horrible anxeiety attacks. I kind of feel empty. I miss the emotions I felt when I was a child. I think... For me at least - all the constant flow of digital info that surrounds me at all times, drowns me. This makes me into a robotlike doll... it feels like... And I get so angry sometimes because other people around me also drown into this mess. They dont have time anymore and as long as they can have contact through facebook, its enough for them.

Those real human relations are slipping away.. And without that dinner with that friend or that familymember - that trip or that piknik - for me, is making me feel this kind of emptyness or the sense of feeling emotionless.. And very, very lonely in a really weird way.. And that again makes me feel.. this despairing emptiness. This is one of the main reasons that makes me depressed I guess. It feels like almost no one - that I now used to know - care a damn thing about me as a person nowadays.. So I located the root to the problem by reflecting when writings this.. So it seems this is a lack for me. Do you have any important un-materialistic lacks in your life that may make you feel like this?

By the way! I went to my first UFO conferance this weekend
You think I should do a thread on this? Dunno if I remember it all - but it was very cool being there
(and actually boring at some point)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:25 PM
link   

You are not alone, I have this feeling all the time. Except when I get those horrible anxeiety attacks. I kind of feel empty. I miss the emotions I felt when I was a child. I think... For me at least - all the constant flow of digital info that surrounds me at all times, drowns me. This makes me into a robotlike doll... it feels like... And I get so angry sometimes because other people around me also drown into this mess. They dont have time anymore and as long as they can have contact through facebook, its enough for them.

Yes, it definitely disturbs me that so many people live through a screen these days. I think, more than anything, this is what keeps me interested in things that are old-fashioned. Nobody knows how to do anything anymore.

I have found that making time, not allowing myself to be caught up with statuses and articles and video compilations has really grounded me. I feel like I am present and I am alive when I'm outside and nowhere near technology.

Those real human relations are slipping away.. And without that dinner with that friend or that familymember - that trip or that piknik - for me, is making me feel this kind of emptyness or the sense of feeling emotionless.. And very, very lonely in a really weird way..

I don't think that's weird at all. In fact, it makes a lot of sense. We have lost our communities and those bonds with the world around us.

I know exactly what you mean. When I read a story set 50 or 100 years ago, there is so much emphasis on interpersonal relationships with friends, neighbors, townspeople. Nowadays, most folks don't even know their neighbors names, let alone spend time with them.

It is disheartening.

And that again makes me feel.. this despairing emptiness. This is one of the main reasons that makes me depressed I guess.It feels like almost no one - that I now used to know - care a damn thing about me as a person nowadays..

I actually only have two friends - people I talk to daily and spend time with -, and they are both related to me. So, yeah, I know what you mean on that one. I rarely even speak to my other family members. Basically, the only time they initiate interaction with me is when they "like" a picture of my kids on a social networking site. The fact of the matter is, the only reason I even do any social networking for personal use is so that my relatives can be a part of my kids' lives - even if it is only in that digital format.

It is empty. These shallow and weak relationships... they are not real and there is nothing to hold them together when things go bad.

So I located the root to the problem by reflecting when writings this.. So it seems this is a lack for me. Do you have any important un-materialistic lacks in your life that may make you feel like this?

I don't know. I really don't. I don't really feel like I miss having friends. I don't feel the need to go out and meet new people. But, at the same time, I do like to converse and debate and hear new ideas. I guess that's why I visit this website, because there are people who discuss things I am interested in, but I don't have to deal with the shallow and dramatic interactions of stereotypical society.

I don't know what I lack, other than a feeling of complete security/safety.

I feel like I don't know where I am headed in this life, what my purpose is.

All I can do is live and breathe and do what I feel compelled to do. Maybe these things I feel compelled to do are what I am supposed to be doing in the world.

By the way! I went to my first UFO conferance this weekend
You think I should do a thread on this? Dunno if I remember it all - but it was very cool being there
(and actually boring at some point)

I do think you should write about it, I am interested in what you learned there!

posted on May, 25 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

I don't think that's weird at all. In fact, it makes a lot of sense. We have lost our communities and those bonds with the world around us. I know exactly what you mean. When I read a story set 50 or 100 years ago, there is so much emphasis on interpersonal relationships with friends, neighbors, townspeople. Nowadays, most folks don't even know their neighbors names, let alone spend time with them.

I don't even know my neighbours names, not sure if I even want to as they are twice my age and goes behind my back and talk to my housekeeper instead of talking directly to me if there is a problem.. Like, my dog barking when she just moved in and were a bit nervous being alone.

It is empty. These shallow and weak relationships... they are not real and there is nothing to hold them together when things go bad.

That's the saddest part about it.. I know I cant ask my family for help if anything happened.. I wouldnt... Because they never let me know that they can be there for me if I needed it.

I don't know. I really don't. I don't really feel like I miss having friends. I don't feel the need to go out and meet new people. But, at the same time, I do like to converse and debate and hear new ideas. I guess that's why I visit this website, because there are people who discuss things I am interested in, but I don't have to deal with the shallow and dramatic interactions of stereotypical society. I don't know what I lack, other than a feeling of complete security/safety.

Then maybe its not a lack at all.. Maybe I just blame it on something just to have it pinpointed in my mind to calm myself down. And I agree, I visit this site for the very same reason - even tho I came to find out that I cant talk about certain things in here without being frowned upon, but.. Its not a big deal i guess
It much better than reading the local newspaper, bombarding me with recycled news and articles.

These last few days, my hometown has been struck by an instant summerheat and I have been spending almost all of my time outside just looking at people walking by when sitting in a sunny park - Getting my back slightly overcooked... Auch!
And I love it.. A lot of people comes out of their holes when the sun arrives, and thats lovely.
My head is spinning, I think I had to much of that sun.

Hmm... Think I have to wait making a thread about the UFO conferance cos im so tired. But I can link some awesome norway ufovids that were captured outside my hometown the day after the conference. OH! I even saw my first ufo at the first day of the conferance in the evening when we got home. ! And it wasnt just one, I SAW FOUR OF THEM!! But very high up, and impossible to film (I tried) One of them stopped when I waved at them
Just tiny, tiny lights, moving in formation...

Norway Ufo Samnanger

(This guy is a videophotograper and usually gets great shots, he was one of the speakers at the conference also)

www.youtube.com... (This vid is just one I found made by the same guy, and captured this in 2010, this thing has structure it seems)

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I don't even know my neighbours names, not sure if I even want to as they are twice my age and goes behind my back and talk to my housekeeper instead of talking directly to me if there is a problem.. Like, my dog barking when she just moved in and were a bit nervous being alone.

Is your housekeeper at the house more than you are? Maybe she thought the housekeeper is the person that lives there? You should go introduce yourself and clear up any misunderstandings. At the very least, they might come talk to you when they've got a problem.

You have a housekeeper? You must be rich!!!

I know a couple of my neighbors' names. I live on a very quiet street with only ten houses. About half of the houses are renters, and I pretty much forget their names as soon as I learn them. (Bad, I know. :-/) The other half are people who've lived on the street for 20-50 years. So, mostly elderly (65+ years old) folks. But I like elderly folks a lot more than I like young people. I like my neighborhood, I was pretty lucky to be able to afford a house in the area.

That's the saddest part about it.. I know I cant ask my family for help if anything happened.. I wouldnt... Because they never let me know that they can be there for me if I needed it.

You and me both.

I have settled for the fact that I am meant to be everyone else's safety and security and person to depend on. I don't know how to be irresponsible, I can't remember not having a lot of responsibilities, even as a little tiny kid. So, I learned not to depend on or lean on other people. I guess I don't "miss" it, because I've never had it. But, I'm sure it would be nice to feel that there was someone there to lean on.

Then maybe its not a lack at all.. Maybe I just blame it on something just to have it pinpointed in my mind to calm myself down. And I agree, I visit this site for the very same reason - even tho I came to find out that I cant talk about certain things in here without being frowned upon, but.. Its not a big deal i guess
It much better than reading the local newspaper, bombarding me with recycled news and articles.

I don't care if people on here frown at me or not: it's the internet, I can't see their frowns!

Yes, there are so many different things to read about here! I like to just go through and read various forums just to see what people talk about. I like to read a lot more than I like to talk.

These last few days, my hometown has been struck by an instant summerheat and I have been spending almost all of my time outside just looking at people walking by when sitting in a sunny park - Getting my back slightly overcooked... Auch!
And I love it.. A lot of people comes out of their holes when the sun arrives, and thats lovely.
My head is spinning, I think I had to much of that sun.

Hmm... Think I have to wait making a thread about the UFO conferance cos im so tired. But I can link some awesome norway ufovids that were captured outside my hometown the day after the conference. OH! I even saw my first ufo at the first day of the conferance in the evening when we got home. ! And it wasnt just one, I SAW FOUR OF THEM!! But very high up, and impossible to film (I tried) One of them stopped when I waved at them
Just tiny, tiny lights, moving in formation...

Norway Ufo Samnanger

(This guy is a videophotograper and usually gets great shots, he was one of the speakers at the conference also)

www.youtube.com... (This vid is just one I found made by the same guy, and captured this in 2010, this thing has structure it seems)

I'm going to go check this stuff out! Thanks for sharing!!!

posted on May, 28 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

HAHA! NO! I meant my landlord. I am NOT rich, haha! Hmm... and if i were, dont think I would have a housekeeper. What a misunderstanding!
Sorry, my english gets screwed up these days when im tired.

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

HAHA! NO! I meant my landlord. I am NOT rich, haha! Hmm... and if i were, dont think I would have a housekeeper. What a misunderstanding!
Sorry, my english gets screwed up these days when im tired.

Ahh ok, that makes more sense then! Haha, I agree, I wouldn't have a housekeeper either. I actually LIKE cleaning.

Are you getting enough sleep, even with sleeping 13hrs/day? You can try taking Vitamins B, D, and Fish Oil if your energy is still very low. Also, are you still feeling OK otherwise?

I watched those UFO videos. The first one just looks like a satellite to me, because it tracks perfectly across the sky with no deviations. The second one is very interesting, but with no frame of reference (the whole surrounding area is pure black), I can't put it into perspective and so can't decide whether or not it is real.

Yesterday was a strange day for me, emotionally. I was all quiet and weird and had a low mood. I kept feeling bad, then I would look up at the sky and the trees and think, "At least I can look out at the sky." and that would make me feel a little better. I don't know what's wrong with me.

So, I've been going to the gym every morning before work for the past few weeks, alternating between swimming and working out on machines. My endurance is improving, but still nowhere near where I want it to be. I've decided that to challenge myself, I will run in a 12k road race that happens every spring in my area. And, I'm going to RUN the whole thing. I've got about a year to train, and I'm already able to run 4km without having to slow down, so I know I will be able to do it.

I am slowly gaining back the confidence in my abilities that I used to have as an athlete. It does feel good.
edit on 5/29/2012 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Hmm, but dont you think it is a bit close for being a satelite?

I try to get enough sleep, I have started to go to bed at the same time my partner does, and I think I get about 8-9 hrs sleep these days, because I have places to be. And in the afternoons I also usually take a nap - sometimes several hours long. My body just turnes off and lulls me into sleep. Its nice since I have trouble sleeping from before. But I must say, things have afor the better, I have started to fall asleep alot faster and I suspect the Sun is the reason. So im considering indoor sunbathing when the winter comes, if the effect of it is the same. Or maybe a good winterlamp.

I also looking at the skies when I feel down, mostly on the bus and when im out walking. I always look up. I dont think there is anything wrong with you, but is this bothering you very much?

All the workers in my town have gone out in strike - so my gym is closed and I cant get no excersise!!! No real hard excersise i mean. Went to the mountain with my dog yesterday, it was sooo lovely up there! And quiet.. Peaceful.. Wow, 4 km is a lot already! Anyways, im jealous since I am loosing valueble workout time
Hmm, maybe I should set myself a goal - do a marathon or join the gym's racingteam and do a race

What kind of workout do you do on those machines? And how are you doing it?
edit on 29-5-2012 by creatureme because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by creatureme

Nice... I think it's extremely important these days to spread the good word. Any effort no matter how big or small is useful and more important than anyone might think.

keep it up!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by nonnez
If life were meant to be easy . . . it would be!

Life must be easy for some people. But, what is it that makes life easy for them? No worries, infinite power, money, lack of empathy? No clue. But, life is not as difficult for us normal folks when we take it one day at a time.

Don't forget to smile . . . life could be worse. (Jess)

Entirely too true. Though, I don't know who "Jess" is. Jess is a smart person!

Thanks for posting, Nonnez!

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

Hmm, but dont you think it is a bit close for being a satelite?

Perhaps, it might have been the space station. It just isn't acting like a UFO, though.

I try to get enough sleep, I have started to go to bed at the same time my partner does, and I think I get about 8-9 hrs sleep these days, because I have places to be. And in the afternoons I also usually take a nap - sometimes several hours long. My body just turnes off and lulls me into sleep. Its nice since I have trouble sleeping from before. But I must say, things have afor the better, I have started to fall asleep alot faster and I suspect the Sun is the reason. So im considering indoor sunbathing when the winter comes, if the effect of it is the same. Or maybe a good winterlamp.

That awesome baby, taking care of his/her mother from the get-go.
I'm glad you are able to sleep.

Yeah, definitely get as much sunlight as possible, year-round. Or, just make sure you are taking plenty of D3 and calcium. Have you had blood tests taken yet for this pregnancy to check for vitamin deficiencies?

I also looking at the skies when I feel down, mostly on the bus and when im out walking. I always look up. I dont think there is anything wrong with you, but is this bothering you very much?

Well, what's bothering me is that I will just all of a sudden go into a very low mood. I start thinking very dark thoughts and thinking I should die. It's outrageous because I have felt these moods my whole life, but I made a point to do something different than just "dealing with it". I am taking anti-depressants, I go to a counselor, I use different techniques of dealing with my emotion... But it still resurfaces, it still comes back, it still haunts me. It bothers me because I cannot escape these feelings of self-hate, the only recourse I have is to deny them power over me.

All I can do is live one day at a time.

All the workers in my town have gone out in strike - so my gym is closed and I cant get no excersise!!! No real hard excersise i mean.
Haha, I hate when that kind of stuff happens, you can always try running or walking fast around the park.

Went to the mountain with my dog yesterday, it was sooo lovely up there! And quiet.. Peaceful..

I love mountains. You can always walk up/down mountains for exercise!

Wow, 4 km is a lot already! Anyways, im jealous since I am loosing valueble workout time
Hmm, maybe I should set myself a goal - do a marathon or join the gym's racingteam and do a race
Well, I walk at least two miles (3.23km) every day I go to work because I walk to a park nearby on my breaks. I've been doing this for over a year, started while I was pregnant and have just kept it up. I started challenging myself - walking as fast as I could the whole time - and found that I could go farther in the same amount of time (10 mins per walk). I just keep doing that, and am able to walk further and further each week. So, when I got on a machine at the gym one day and was able to actually run without getting tired.

What kind of workout do you do on those machines? And how are you doing it?

There are three different workouts I do:
- 15 minutes on various weight machines (work arms, abs, thighs), 20+ minutes on a cardio machine.
- 10 minutes on a rowing machine, 25+mins on a cardio machine.
- 15mins rowing machine, 5mins weights, 10+mins cardio.

I usually only have about 35-45 minutes to work out, but I get in as much exercise as I can during that time. I just spend whatever time I have left on a cardio machine, so the time varies.

The cardio machines I switch between:
- Treadmill
- Elliptical
- AMT
- Recumbent Stepper
- Upright Bike
- Arc Trainer

I like the AMT and the Arc Trainer the best. I do one of the "interval" programs on any of these machines, because it will vary resistances and inclines automatically. Very good workouts, and definitely a challenge. I make a point not to stop the workout for anything other than that it's time to leave. It's hard sometimes. But, I get better every day, and that's what matters.

posted on May, 30 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There may be a time, perhaps quite for a while, when you feel sad and lonely for no apparent reason. But if you feel that way, there IS a reason. It is just that it is not something other people can easily understand or that you can describe with words. You go to bed crying, feeling like everything is too much. You wake up, cursing the world for still turning, thus creating yet another day for you to spend in your inner prison, filled with the most cruel torture instruments: your own thoughts.
There may be those dark moments where you wonder if it was "get in train" or "jump in front of train" and, after those thoughts, you feel like you could break into tears on the spot.
People around you tell you to cheer up. They do not understand. Friends are there for you and you feel like a burden to them and your family.
You cannot concentrate and tire easily. You constantly seek for reasons why all of this is happening and blame everything on yourself.
I am talking about depression.
This may well be the time real friends show how strong and committed they truly are.

From somebody who has been there and returned to the living: YOU WILL BE BETTER!!!
- it is NOT your fault! I cannot stress this enough!
- it takes time (and then some more time)
- accept your status, your mind is trying to tell you something
- get professional help, a doctor who listens to your concerns is most important
- spend time with close friends even if it is just for short periods
- get enough sleep at night
- eat and enjoy it!
- try to get some exercise (take a walk, ride a bike, go to the gym, ANYTHING)

I am not a professional therapist but I lived (!) through this and so can you!

To all of you who feel like crap at the moment: IT WILL PASS!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Yeah, definitely get as much sunlight as possible, year-round. Or, just make sure you are taking plenty of D3 and calcium. Have you had blood tests taken yet for this pregnancy to check for vitamin deficiencies?

I am taking bloodtest and such next week - and yes I take D3 vitamins
Oh, and btw, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat a couple of days ago!
That was weird stuff. Proof of me growing a person inside me

Well, what's bothering me is that I will just all of a sudden go into a very low mood. I start thinking very dark thoughts and thinking I should die. It's outrageous because I have felt these moods my whole life, but I made a point to do something different than just "dealing with it". I am taking anti-depressants, I go to a counselor, I use different techniques of dealing with my emotion... But it still resurfaces, it still comes back, it still haunts me. It bothers me because I cannot escape these feelings of self-hate, the only recourse I have is to deny them power over me.

I know how it is..
Have just started with group theraphy and im praying that my "symptoms" will go away in time or at least decrease to a bearable point. I am not using antidepressants since im pregnant, makes things a lot heavier on my chest. I can't funtion in society until I have learned to master my emotions. I think some of it will never go away, no matter how hard I try.

To maybe brighten a low mood - I just bought myself a new gem - Azurite. It is stunning and I think the properties of it is supposed to improve astral dreams and such
I keep it on my nightstand so this is the last thing I see before I go to sleep every night
Took a pic of it for you:

There are three different workouts I do: - 15 minutes on various weight machines (work arms, abs, thighs), 20+ minutes on a cardio machine. - 10 minutes on a rowing machine, 25+mins on a cardio machine. - 15mins rowing machine, 5mins weights, 10+mins cardio. I usually only have about 35-45 minutes to work out, but I get in as much exercise as I can during that time. I just spend whatever time I have left on a cardio machine, so the time varies. The cardio machines I switch between: - Treadmill - Elliptical - AMT - Recumbent Stepper - Upright Bike - Arc Trainer I like the AMT and the Arc Trainer the best. I do one of the "interval" programs on any of these machines, because it will vary resistances and inclines automatically. Very good workouts, and definitely a challenge. I make a point not to stop the workout for anything other than that it's time to leave. It's hard sometimes. But, I get better every day, and that's what matters.

That's quite a lot! I only do those spin classes at least 4 times a week, 45 mins per session exept wednesday, which is 90 mins long
And a 40 min program on the weightmachines two times a week. I also like interval - have one session on the spinbike with that on thursdays
The instructor is crazy, hehe, makes me laugh and work harder.

I am also getting better, I am getting stronger and stronger in my thighs, have to use extreme resistance sometimes to feel the burn. I love it!

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Here's how to spread happiness:

Be Happy.

Here's how to be happy:

Have an awareness that happiness is not a function of your external circumstances, but only a result of your thoughts.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by UltimateSkeptic1

You make it sound simple, which it sometimes is. But seriously, there can be times where it simply does not work like that.

That is the point of this thread, I think.

But if it works for you, perfect!

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by RationalTeddy

From somebody who has been there and returned to the living: YOU WILL BE BETTER!!!
- it is NOT your fault! I cannot stress this enough!
- it takes time (and then some more time)
- accept your status, your mind is trying to tell you something
- get professional help, a doctor who listens to your concerns is most important
- spend time with close friends even if it is just for short periods
- get enough sleep at night
- eat and enjoy it!
- try to get some exercise (take a walk, ride a bike, go to the gym, ANYTHING)

I am not a professional therapist but I lived (!) through this and so can you!

To all of you who feel like crap at the moment: IT WILL PASS!!!

Hey, RationalTeddy, you are spot on with your post. It can be so difficult to break out of that trap of thought and emotion. I have had dysthymia basically my whole life, but twice I have broken to the point where I just don't want to wake up any more. The most recent time, I realized that I needed to seek external help because there was something very real wrong with me.

It is not an easy thing to live with.

Thank you for your positive words.

posted on Jun, 4 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

reply to post by ottobot

I am taking bloodtest and such next week - and yes I take D3 vitamins
Oh, and btw, I got to hear the baby's heartbeat a couple of days ago!
That was weird stuff. Proof of me growing a person inside me

Awww, that is the best feeling ever, knowing that there's a real person in there, I don't think there is anything to compare it to. Congratulations, again!

I know how it is..
Have just started with group theraphy and im praying that my "symptoms" will go away in time or at least decrease to a bearable point. I am not using antidepressants since im pregnant, makes things a lot heavier on my chest. I can't funtion in society until I have learned to master my emotions. I think some of it will never go away, no matter how hard I try.

I had to start taking anti-depressants during the third trimester of my pregnancy because I had gotten to the point where I just didn't care about anything anymore, where I thought that it would be perfectly OK if I went to sleep and never woke up. I realized that this was not a good thing to be thinking and I decided that I did not want my little one to be born to an indifferent mother. So, I got some help from my doctor. I have been taking the medicine for over a year, I still get low moods, but nothing so dreadful as before, thankfully.

To maybe brighten a low mood - I just bought myself a new gem - Azurite. It is stunning and I think the properties of it is supposed to improve astral dreams and such
I keep it on my nightstand so this is the last thing I see before I go to sleep every night
Took a pic of it for you:

That is very pretty, wow, that is nice. Thanks for sharing!

That's quite a lot! I only do those spin classes at least 4 times a week, 45 mins per session exept wednesday, which is 90 mins long
And a 40 min program on the weightmachines two times a week. I also like interval - have one session on the spinbike with that on thursdays
The instructor is crazy, hehe, makes me laugh and work harder.

I am also getting better, I am getting stronger and stronger in my thighs, have to use extreme resistance sometimes to feel the burn. I love it!

I am working my way up to the spin bikes. I don't know why they intimidate me, but for some reason I can't bring myself to hop on one yet.
Soon, though, soon. I need to get back into doing yoga, too, I kid you not - I grew 0.6cm just from doing yoga. Haha. Well, maybe it's just because I stand up straighter and my spine isn't all scrunched down. But, I'll take any height I can get!

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join