It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Been there, done that. Enjoy the ride

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

You and I think a lot alike. I just don't understand why - if people want some kind of "proof" of life after death, and what it is like - why don't they just look at NDE's?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by roadtoad
For deductive logic to work, or aristotalean logic, you use a syllogism, now days they call that boolean algebra, etc.
i.e. a is b; b is c; therefore, a is c.
For a syllogism to be correct, the parts have to be TRUE, and VALID.
OPs syllogism seems to be valid.
The only way you could prove his argument to be not true, would be to prove that 'before you are born, you are non-existent' is not true.
So, how can you do that?
If you can't do that, you can't prove his argument to be false.
Someone is trying to argue that the OPs point is sophistry, but, I don't personally see that.

Howdy fellow Toad!

You said:

"The only way you could prove his argument to be not true, would be to prove that 'before you are born, you are non-existent' is not true."

That's an interesting statement, considering proving that false is no different than trying to prove there is no nothing. Thus, his statement cannot be proved correct nor proved incorrect. However, from my personal knowledge of the unknown, I can attest to the fact that WE dew exist prior to bein born here and that all carbon based lifeforms on this planet do not qualify as true life, you are Artificial Life and Artificial Intelligence and dumber that a turd (no offense meant, since I fall into the same catagory as everyone else, wihin those limits).

So what was your point?

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   

From a realistic standpoint, when your brain stops functioning, you are dead. You can't think, perceive anything, you're just dead. Maybe there's more to it than that, but nobody will know until they personally experience it.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by angellicview
reply to post by MamaJ

You and I think a lot alike. I just don't understand why - if people want some kind of "proof" of life after death, and what it is like - why don't they just look at NDE's?

Because they dew not reflect the truth about "this" thing you call life. They are all choreographed (staged) to mislead the person involved and then that person misleads you, but it's intentional, just like everything here that is used to mislead you is also intentional.

Riddle WE this:

Given: If one religion is right, the rest aren't.

Then how is it possible for all religions to be right, to include atheism and satanism?

The answer isn't, it isn't possible and I'll even give you a hint to the correct answer:

There is no sPoon!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TupacShakur

From a realistic standpoint, when your brain stops functioning, you are dead. You can't think, perceive anything, you're just dead. Maybe there's more to it than that, but nobody will know until they personally experience it.

I'm Nobody!

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I want to believe in what you say. Nobody wants to believe that when you pass away that it's just eternal blackness. However, I've had a few glasses of wine tonight and I just want to be straight up...you have no idea what you are talking about. Unless you have died and now you are back, it's just speculation. On the upside, you will find out the answer when you are dead.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amanda5
To malachi777 - I too had my tonsils removed later in life and I am sorry you had to suffer so much. I too have had a death experience and for me it was - straight to the light. Lots of Souls on either side of me stacked up just like bricks in a wall. I was ready to accept my death and as I am Spiritual and may not have completed my lessons/mission/purpose on Earth I offered to be reincarnated. A peaceful voice stated to me that there was not time for reincarnation. I hovered (wish I could hover on planet Earth) and enjoyed the peace I was feeling and as I decided to return the wall of Souls on my left moved to make room - at exactly the same time I literally slipped/slid down & I woke up in the ambulance - which is where I had heard the ambulance officer say - 70 and dropping.

All I can say about my experience of death - beautiful & peaceful. I have been embraced by our Creator and our Creator is perfect.

Much Peace...

You experienced the TRUTH!

Think . . . Bi-dimensional Telekinesis!

Your Soul isn't physically within you, it is CONNECTED to you from within the other spacial dimension, where ALL Souls are born and exist forever.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Your personal theory is logically sound at a foundational level. But there is so much more to discover. Don't stop there. Continue your spiritual quest and you will find a star where you thought there was only a moon.
edit on 8-10-2011 by my3911 because: Error

edit on 8-10-2011 by my3911 because: Grammar Correction

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

That is true . When your brain stops you die. Its the die part that we find hard to contemplate without actually experiencing outselves. Everyone has a theory but its just that. If you look at what a person experiences when they have massive trauma and start to drift off to sleep through the pain its probably the brain shutting off and going into sleep mode. What happens on the other end of that we might have all experienced that before. But nobody knows for sure. I have had experiences with what i thought were spirits on another realm. Was it in my mind conjured up or is there another existance if you care to look. The mind is a very powerful tool. If you put your mind to something you can make your dreams happen. What if you are already dead. You are here to learn from your mistakes and make amends and move on . Or not. I think the beauty in life is not what you kow but what you dont. We arent meant to know and that leaves the question of why arent we supposed to know. Who guards that secret. I think you would find that we will all get punked on our way out as theres hopefully a big suprise in it for all of us. I think you can find that if you dont think but feel like bruce lee used to say. 11:11 all the way brothas and sisters. Its coming whether you feel it or not. Just experience the present before hoping for a future.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   

I dont understand this logic. You didnt exist then you did exist then you wont exist again. Where do you get we get to exist again after already existing?

Also, lets not forget the fact that we had a 1 in however many millionth of a chance to actually hit the egg the first time. Im not sure lightning can strike twice.
edit on 8-10-2011 by e11888 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by we2rborg

I think maybe you had a few bongs, or watched the Matrix too often, or both.

Let me keep it simple, before birth we or don't exist, then we do, then we die and actually no longer exist, and that means, somehow in some twisted logic we get reborn or come into existence again?
I dont think so buddy, it just means we no longer exist when we die. Sorry to disappoint you.

edit on 7-10-2011 by we2rborg because: (no reason given)
his logic isn't twisted...it's circular. Your argument uses the same logic but doesn't follow through, and therefor becomes flawed. Your failing to realize that the beginning and the end are the same. By separate the beginning and the end, both nonexistence, you are creating an imbalance in the universe. There would be more nonexistence than existence. Which would make existence impossible. Haha...maybe? C'mon...that's got to make a little sense? No? Alright I don't know what I'm talking about.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trolloks
The matter that you are made on lives on yes, but our conciousness/soul/what makes you you dies with you. You was not concious before birth, and you are not when you are dead, only when alive, conciousness needs a body to work, something to interact with, when you are dead, your body dies with you, and with it your conciousness.

Fact, as you would say.

Good point, my now question to you is, do we know we have lost consciousness? What is the death of consciousness? How does a spirit actually die? If the body dies, the spirit and consciousness just go poof into thin air and that's the end of "you"?

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Absolute BS! In some Hospitals here in England, they have placed certain objects up high in Operating Theatres and in the Wards. The reason for this is so that anyone who has a out of body experience can see the strategically placed objects. Guess what, NOBODY to date has mentioned what one of the objects are. In other words. there is no such thing as an out of body experience and there is no such thing as life after death.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.
edit on 6-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

Non-existence does not precede life. All the raw materials needed for the creation of a human exist in the universe before being "refined" though successive stages. i.e- molecules come together to form the genetic code which is enclosed within the sperm and egg, which join and develop into a foetus, which in time matures into an infant and so on. Sure, it's possible that some of the molecules which were once part of a T. Rex femur went on to be included in a human body, but I'd hardly call this an afterlife, just energy/mass transfer.

If your mother ate a steak while she was pregnant with you and the proteins from the steak were used as raw materials by you while you were developing in the womb, would that constitute reincarnation? Because that's pretty much the argument you're using.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Theorytripper

This pretzel logic proves nothing, IMO. Really it's playing with word meanings. The main flaw is the idea that death is non-existence. Death is the natural outcome of a living organism that for what ever reason can no longer survive in it's environment. Even after death the organism still exists, just not in a living form. Even if it becomes the dust that fertilizes a flower.

Before birth, the organism was not dead. The necessary organic interactions had not yet taken place for it's existence to take place. That is not death, that is unfulfilled potential of life, and if one thing is true of death, it is that it has no potential of life.

Pre-life and post- life are not the same thing even though they in a sense have a similar effect, absence of life.

I think you're confusing yourself with "pretzel logic". I'm totally with you on the idea that it's playing with word meanings - that part is pretty obvious; death does, in fact, exist.

But then immediately after, when you start talking about dust, you contradict yourself:

We die, and over time we turn into dust.
Then after a bit more time, our dust tends to turn back into life. Unless of course you live in Death Valley.
But even in Death Valley, I'm pretty sure there is life in one form or another - insects, birds, animals, the occasional cactus... you get the idea. Maybe we should start looking at Outer Space as an Ocean, and at Voids (Black Holes) as Deserts.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Tetrarch42

Non-existence does not precede life. All the raw materials needed for the creation of a human exist in the universe before being "refined" though successive stages. i.e- molecules come together to form the genetic code which is enclosed within the sperm and egg, which join and develop into a foetus, which in time matures into an infant and so on. Sure, it's possible that some of the molecules which were once part of a T. Rex femur went on to be included in a human body, but I'd hardly call this an afterlife, just energy/mass transfer.

If your mother ate a steak while she was pregnant with you and the proteins from the steak were used as raw materials by you while you were developing in the womb, would that constitute reincarnation? Because that's pretty much the argument you're using.

Who's to say that "mass energy transfer" is NOT "reincarnation?" It's the idea, not the words.

For me, energy is infinite and eternal - no matter *pun intented* how small we break something down, it's still energy... so then we're back to the real question, was there always energy, or wasn't there? This seems more like the "which came first the chicken or the egg" question.

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   

uhhhhhhhhhh

hmmmmm

has someone pointed out to the OP that you have to be alive to die? So before you're alive your not physically anything, let alone dead...
On a spiritual matter, sure, maybe we existed somewhere, but we certainly weren't dead...
In fact, if we did exist somewhere before here then wouldn't this be death???

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by 140BPM
Absolute BS! In some Hospitals here in England, they have placed certain objects up high in Operating Theatres and in the Wards. The reason for this is so that anyone who has a out of body experience can see the strategically placed objects. Guess what, NOBODY to date has mentioned what one of the objects are. In other words. there is no such thing as an out of body experience and there is no such thing as life after death.

this

posted on Oct, 8 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by malachi777

Thank you malachi777

It is as I have said it...the only and truthful way to realise (make real) the post death/pre-death reality, is to experience it...only then, is there no doubt. I am heartened to hear that it was not 'your time', and that, you are able to relay your experience and realisation.
Belief or disbelief has not been part of my lexicon to describe post and pre-death...i know it to be truth, for everyone. Unfortunately, or fortunately it takes an experience such as yours to reveal it at an experiential and undeniable level of consciousness.

I will leave my exposee there, unwilling to debate the logic or non-logic of unparalleled experiences. Suffice to say, scepticism will remain for those who have no 'remembered' experience of such glorious events.

Cheers
Akushla

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join