It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why The Afterlife is a Fact.

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I had a personal experience involving life after death that was for me more than enough proof that there is. I've had a couple of other experiences before and since then, involving the crossing over of someone else. The first was fifty two years ago when I was eight years old, that I must admit scared the living # out of me, then six years ago my sisters and I had one at the crossing of our Mother.
Of my personal experience during which I crossed over, I'm only going to say that as much as I wanted to stay, I was told that I had to go back! This took place forty one years ago, and I still don't know why.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Originally posted by smithjustinb
Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.
edit on 6-10-2011 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

To put it another way using different words:
There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

How do you know we were dead before we were born? That is the part I don't understand.

Yes, maybe I should have used the word non-existent. I've clarified this in depth on pages 5, 6, and 7.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Turkenstein

Its simple.

Before you were born, you were dead, and now you are alive. So when you die again, it makes perfect logic sense that you will have another opprotunity for life.

Now, that doesn't mean that there is a heaven or hell, it simply means there is definitely life after death as before this life, you were dead, or not alive (same thing), and now you're alive. Life after death.

There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

How do you know we were dead before we were born? That is the part I don't understand.

Yes, maybe I should have used the word non-existent. I've clarified this in depth on pages 5, 6, and 7.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Makes perfect sense...

We are the life after death. Cause before we were alive...we were..dead?

I like your thinking.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Can we please stop quoting bible verses as facts here please? If my grandpa wrote a book and I was quoting it as factual evidence would you take me serious?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

Pics or it didnt happen

There was no proof here..we were not dead before we were born, we didnt even exist.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

To put it another way using different words: There is non-existence before and after life. The fact that non-existence preceded life implies the FACT that life can arise from non-existence. Since this is the case, then the period of non-existence after this life has the opportunity for another life arising. It's simple and it's obvious.

I like it.
It's eloquent and succinct.

Nice post

cheers

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity
Can we please stop quoting bible verses as facts here please?
If my grandpa wrote a book and I was quoting it as factual evidence would you take me serious?

I would!
I'm a big fan of Grandfathers... their age and experience is something
to listen to.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'm curious as to why you never answered my question about endangered species on page 2.

If all but 1 species is left and it dies, what opportunity does it have to exist again?

The only support your theory is getting, and I mean only, is the fact that other members here believe in a soul, and because you can't prove what is or isn't a soul, it makes sense to them that the soul is waiting before birth and after death for a new body - which isn't even your argument.

You then use the argument of what is "you" - which doesn't support your non existence theory more, because of not having a unified definition of "you".

Calling it "fact" does not make it any more a priori. It is a completely fallacious to make the assertion that because something once existed it will exist again.

Your argument:

1. Before I was born I didn't exist
2. when I die, I won't exist
3. Therefore, when I die I will be born again.

Your Fallacy:
Post hoc ergo propter hoc

edit on 7-10-2011 by juveous because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-10-2011 by juveous because: pg 2

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by 8fl0z

You know what the scary part is..? we don't really exist now as
an individual being -as we perceive ourselves.

Just cells staying together because it was deemed a good survival ploy at
some point... I ain't even the guy typing this... just a group of bone and muscle
trying to get through this life.
edit on 7-10-2011 by A boy in a dress because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Its simple.

Of course there is life after death. But that is as long as you accept that there is no I.

Somebody else gets to live next time. We are all one. Ego is an illusion.

-rrr

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
How are you dead if you're not born? Death can only occur if there is/was life prior to the occurrence of death. You might want to look at the definition of death before making bold claims that prove on it's own your theory is crap. Technically before your birth you are sperm. Sperm is a living organism. It is created then used to fertilize the egg from which you come from.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by juveous

Please answer this mans questions so we can further prove you're meager theory is a failed hope of having a clue!

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Actually, it's simply an inductive argument with a flawed premise at very least. Simple? Yes. Obvious, reasonable and logical? Not quite.
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Says you! You are not allowing yourself to see just how obvious, reasonable, and logical it is.

I can guarantee you.... when you die.....you will not be dead as in..finished...done....nothing.

I really hate for you to get back home and be surprised to the point of nothingness though.

I wish you all the love and peace in the world !!! xoxox

Jenn

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by crohny
How are you dead if you're not born? Death can only occur if there is/was life prior to the occurrence of death. You might want to look at the definition of death before making bold claims that prove on it's own your theory is crap. Technically before your birth you are sperm. Sperm is a living organism. It is created then used to fertilize the egg from which you come from.

I think the OP means not like "dead" but...using it as a word for which all people understand to be ...without flesh.

Not sure though?

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

There is an I.....".I AM" ....and as I read accounts after accounts of NDE no one has ever said they are someone else and have no true identity. We have all been created....but not as one. In the end......we may all strive to go back to the ONE but we are not the ONE. MY opinion of course.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Yeah but, no but yeah.

Assuming that when we are dead we aren't still alive, then yeah, life sprang from nothing and therefore life came from nothing. Which isn't the same as there is life after death. What you mean is there is nothing after death, but from this nothing there will be life again. Anyway, death is just what we use on this side of the fence to describe the end of one's experience in this continuum but not spell the end of this continuum. So despite one dying the continuum continues. Ahem. So maybe you meant, before the continuum, there was nothing, and from this nothing sprung the continuum, and when this continuum ends, maybe then we are back to nothing; but have no fear, cos the continuum is here - again. Ad infinitum.

While I'm here though (or am I), let me err a little from this. Suppose we are actually submersed in a virtual (or holographic) world. This might explain why when we look closely at the micro level, we find it's just 'empty' space filled with energetic forces from unknown origins. Maybe this life, in what we call the 'real' world, is actually an out-of-body experience (like in the Matrix, but not exactly like the Matrix ok), and the OOB experience we have in this world is actually the return to our actual reality? How do we know what's 'real'? What's virtual?

Anyone wiv me on this? I think I've lost myself.

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Buddha1098
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

How do you know it is an open system?

By understanding what's going on.

It would take a lot of time to explain and I don't have the time to dew it right now. Will explain later.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
reply to post by ButtUglyToad

Explain please what is time based on then? You like amphibeans I see

edit on 10/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

Time is a piece of Source, so I guess you'd have to say it is based on Source.

Ribbit

posted on Oct, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadeyedick
reply to post by WaffleBear

I can't imagine the creation of something like being a human without selling tickets.
I would ride again if i had the choice.

And you will, many more times!

Ribbit

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join