It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
For the sake of discussion, I have to agree that I also feel that time is speeding up.

Recently my neighbor of over 34 years and I were talking to each other and for whatever reason it was mentioned that the last week and even that last month had gone by so fast that it was somewhat alarming to think that the days and weeks could go by so fast.

While we talked about it perhaps just being perception, but after a moment or so, we both concluded that no, it was not just perception. It was in fact very hard to discount the possibility that perhaps time is speeding up in some way and that our perception of it is at times tends to confuse us and or make us think that its just probably just some perception problem.

Anyway, I agree that something weird is happening and so if others are experiencing such a phenomena, then all I can say is that I don't think you are wrong or in any way off your rocker.

There may be some good reason for this perception, but so far, I have not been able to find a viable reason for such an experience.

Thanks for the thread and thanks again.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
just to clear things up, there is no doctor, just the gallifreyn time traveller, i am a whoee, since i was in single figures.
and i cannot stress, yet again, that i have never been more happy, lessed stressed and more in touch with my god than ever.
But i wish i didnt feel so lonely in this thing.

I remember being a child,hating how slowly time seemed to move,longing for the freedoms I thought adulthood brought with it. I remember feeling just the way you describe when I had my 40th birthday..my children were still young,and so was I,in many ways,but I had begun waking up. I became acutely aware of many things,but none so much as how quickly my life had spiraled out behind me and me feeling as if I'd lived a long time and hadn't had the chance to do much with it..that it was slipping away from me faster and faster.I literally felt time moving faster as I grew older. I almost felt desperate. Definitely felt disoriented. Still do at times.

That was only 15 years ago that I sat at my dining room table,thinking deep thoughts and seeing things as I'd never been able to before,and I swear it feels like it was only a couple of years ago. Where has 55 years of life gone? I have done so much,I have forgotten more than I can recall. lol!

I understand your feeling of loneliness. I understand your feeling time speeding up. Many people can relate,even claim to live the same reality,share the same perspective and perceptions etc..So it seems as if we have lots of company on our journey,and really,we do. But our individual journey is a solitary path,and we are the only one who sees and feels and understands things along it,even tho others can relate. So,there are times,where we do feel alone,lonely. No one 'knows',but you. You are not alone,and yet,you are.

I made a point of moving thru the rest of my life at a much slower,more aware pace when I turned 50. I thought,now that I'm aware that time moves faster,I can control it by working with it,getting more out of each moment by being fully in it.,and thereby slowing it. Nope. It still feels as if I'm rushing headlong into the unknown,and looking back,things that happened two years ago feel as if they only happened weeks ago. Perhaps it-is-the 'age' thing. But it seems to me like not everyone is aware of it,only some of us. Curious.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

Time seems to be slow for me. I think back and 'that was only a month ago'???. I guess it comes down to the mindstate you are in and the type of personality you have. I still have so much to achieve it seems like forever and i've achieved little although i've been working hard.

My world is inner, I require a lot of time to myself to recharge. I believe you may be trying to keep up with the outer world, which is far beyond doing.

Time goes by when you having fun

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Another "Hello" thedoctorswife.

I heartily agree with your assessment of contemporary "channeled material" (as well as some "historical" channeling claims). Interestingly, I had the very same reservations concerning the Seth information when I first brought it into my experience. So, I made the choice to explore its general premises on my own dime, so to speak.

Through use of self-hypnosis (my preferred method of exploration), dream consideration and journeys into the "implicate order" (as David Bohm would say), I approached my various experiences with as little desire to "define" as I could muster. And those experiences appeared to fall into their own "niches" when becoming contextualized within my overall explorations "here". I allowed those seemingly singular events their own gravitas without allowing physically-influenced bias to color their manifested validity...instead of simply dismissing them as hallucination.

During one particular "inner journey" (and please bear in mind here that I was constantly and consistently aware of the room in which I was sitting as the event unfolded), I beheld a lit candle in the darkness. As I watched, the candle slowly "morphed" into the shape of a straight "line", and the metamorphosis continued unabated as the original candle took the shape of a "sphere". I was absolutely transfixed with this unfolding dynamic and ultimately concluded that all "things" that appear within this kind of physical reality are actually forms which are created [individually] through use of what I refer to as "the divine loam" - the malleable "stuff" of the implicate order or, as Seth would say, Framework II.

This stuff is, to me, manipulated by Consciousness to achieve specific goals and that perceived physical things are merely reflections of inner effort to explore both possibility and probability. And the kind of reality we seem to share is basically formed from a generalized "blueprint" of sorts - although each Individual consciousness creates his/her own version of it.

What does this have to do with the subject matter of this thread?

Well, for me, our perception of linear time passage is merely one of the underlying guiding facets we choose to experience in this kind of reality; space being another (to promote our perceptions of physical individuality and separateness)...

...as simple as that.

"Time" for me to stop talking...

Thanks again for the thread thedoctorswife.

Mindpeace.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

interesting thought, time perception is the speed at which events are coded onto your brain and the density of them.
Tijme slowing down massive coding or intensive focus, Time speeding up less coding less perception of events.
Go and spend a day walking, this will alter your perception of time and slow it down noticeably.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by The X

It hasn't slowed it for me. Days blend into weeks blend into months,even tho I move thru them much much slower.

It truly does 'feel' as if time is moving forward at a higher rate of velocity. Very curious.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I'll throw this out there for what it's worth, because this has been part of my theories for awhile now. I watched a video from ian lungold some time ago, and I believe that when you are in theta/intuition, time isn't relevant. You can stare at a rose and see all the little fine details while the world is going mad in the backround. Your mind is suspended, you have no stress or worries and you feel very happy inside. I've on truly ever been in it for a day, other than the moments we get.

Go look at a rose and tell me if you can see the fine details when you are calm and in your inner self, also look at that same rose after an argument.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm 22, and I feel like time is progressing slowly for me. It might be because I spend most of my time doing homework, which is not the most enjoyable task. I also regularly partake in the herb, so perhaps that has something to do with it.

Einstein has a nice quote dealing with this.

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity."

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
I've felt the same for the past two years but this year more so.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I think i may have found the answer, my daughter has put spongebob on the tv, it appears to be slowing time down dramatically for me,

thanks again everyone for their input. Guess itll be friday before i know it!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
weird it is,so am i experiencing the same.not only the present time but events from the past seem near yet i have been told to be off by a few years.when i keep track of it, it seems normal but the mintue i take my eyes off the clock,it seems to jump.active or none active.this might sound weird but my vision has been weird as well,does any one get digital sight blurr`?it comes and goes randomly.it must be age,lol

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
remember the 10 minute recess in elementry school, they felt so long, i remember having a soccer-baseball game during that time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
mid thirties here, and the last 5 or 6 years have just blazed by it is crazy. I do the same thing a few posters have mentioned. Like talking to friend and saying "yea remember when we talked a couple weeks ago"...., and they say, "uhhm, it's been lie 2 months since we've spoke." That type of stuff makes me feel really bad.

Also because this sense of increased speed of "time" , makes me feel like I haven't accomplished a thing in the last few years. So I get depressed when I think about where the time has gone....

Then the more depressed I get, the more I seem to just want the day to end, so I sleep as much as I can, and doing that can make months feel like weeks.

I think for me it's just the combination of getting older, and also haveing a pretty rough and depressing past few years.

I remember when I was a kid, a month used to seem like forever.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I'm gonna put to an end this "theory" people are bringing up about how it is only her age that is making her notice that time is moving faster.

Absolutely not! I'm 20 and I have noticed that my perception of time started to increase faster by around second half of last year and has skyrocketed to ridiculous pace from January onward! Seriously! Days pass by like caramel bombons.

As much as people here try to deny it, I believe our collective perception of time is changing. To faster.

I had to comment on this thread. What she brought up is exactly what I feel.

And don't tell me it's my age.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It's just perception. As you get older time does seem fly faster.

Ok let's assume time really is going faster. If that is the case we would all die of food poisining and be walking around in dirty clothes. If physics and chemistry is going faster then there is perceptially absolutely no difference whatsoever between time and physics going faster or we perceiving it going faster. End result is the same !!!

So basically stop worrying, do things that slow time down as in Star Trek Insurrection.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
It's just perception. As you get older time does seem fly faster.

Ok let's assume time really is going faster. If that is the case we would all die of food poisining and be walking around in dirty clothes. If physics and chemistry is going faster then there is perceptially absolutely no difference whatsoever between time and physics going faster or we perceiving it going faster. End result is the same !!!

So basically stop worrying, do things that slow time down as in Star Trek Insurrection.

Saying it's perception doesn't make it any ordinary.

What is making our perception of time suddenly change so dramatically? My theory is that something is affecting our mind from the outside, as in space. I think something exterior is altering our perception of time. I truly believe that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I'm gonna put to an end this "theory" people are bringing up about how it is only her age that is making her notice that time is moving faster.

Absolutely not! I'm 20 and I have noticed that my perception of time started to increase faster by around second half of last year and has skyrocketed to ridiculous pace from January onward! Seriously! Days pass by like caramel bombons.

As much as people here try to deny it, I believe our collective perception of time is changing. To faster.

I had to comment on this thread. What she brought up is exactly what I feel.

And don't tell me it's my age.

Thankyou! Time definitely does go quicker the older you get,but not at the rate im experiencing surely! I remember the school holidays lasting forever when i was a kid, but this is something different, and that has only really occurred in the last few years, i really dont think its my age. Ive started to have difficulty reading small words so i pull the paper away from my eyes, Now thats my age! the muscles in your eyes get lazier as you get older. But this is something else, something very curious.
edit on 5-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Spiff
I'm 36. I'm not old. I experience this too. I remember just few years ago when I started working where I am now, I could do so much with the 8 hours. Now the day just slips by and I seem to finish only a fraction what I used to.

It's not just that. Everything is just moments. My wife experiences the same.

It's not scaring me though at all. Actually I find it only interesting. The minus is that lot's of stuff gets undone

It doesn't scare me at all neither, but then I started to think it through. If this perception we are experiencing changes increasingly faster I can see how some people could become mad because they used to moving through life much slower.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Allow me to offer you a theory.IF the way we measure time is false in any way,shape,or form whatsoever at all,then the process of this situation righting itself SHOULD feel odd,only if to make you aware that you are either running from or running to a lie.BAHGOOFUH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Never read the entire thread
Time is relative.
The younger we are the slower time goes, the reason is based on percentage of life
For example between 3 and 6 years old 3 years it is also half your life or 50%. From 30 to 33 what percent of your life is it ? And so on. Months and weeks work the same way. Also if you are enjoying your life, that is a variable too.
The old saying "Time flies when your having fun".
edit on 5-9-2011 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join