It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Waratah

i came accross this short film last week and would have added it if you hadn't beat me to it ;>

it certainly resonated with my feelings of time speeding up.

here's another link if anyone is interested: the quickening

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I would like to thank EVERYONE who has taken an interest and contributed to this thread, because this issue has really started to bother me.

As i said previously, i dont think its me getting older, because its just happened in the last few years, and its weirdly fast.
I can completely understand the theory that things happen faster, i can remember my parents getting their first rotary phone in 1978, heck in those days by the time you'd dialled 999 you could have died, and you had to get up off the sofa to change the channel on the tv. But i dont think this is the answer im looking for either, this is deeply profound feeling inside me that time is actually speeding up, its just three months to christmas, i feel as though i just brought the tree down from last year. It feel like about two months since i woke up that morning and saw the devastation of the japanese tsunami, not six months! And can someone please tell me where summer went? (although thats easily answered if you live in the uk
:lol

The Schumann resonance theory is interesting, what i could understand of it, and if i remember rightly, someone mentioned last night Einstein theory of special relativity, and that when a large object approach our gravity, time can seem to speed up, that a bit freaky, what with all this talk of YOU KNOW WHAT,

In response to primal wisdoms post, your dream was very interesting, because i genuinely believe that something is on the way, a change is ahead. Even you psychadelic (cant spell it) experience, i wouldnt make fun of it, especially after reading about shamanism and ayahuasca (cant spell that either), and that certain substance can affect the pineal gland and open doors to different realities.
Thanks guys, im just glad its not just me whos freaking out.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Hello thedoctorswife.

Just to let you know where (and when) I'm coming from, I subscribe to the Seth Information.

For me, "time" is both created AND experienced in an absolutely Individual manner. And YES, I have also taken note of my own perceptions of time passage as appearing to have sped up more than just a bit. My conclusion is simply that absorbing more and more information can and DOES result in fewer [perceptible] reflective pauses - seemingly always alert and receptive.

Applying a dualistic analogy here, we usually employ a rather balanced "transmitter/receiver" approach to encountering this particular kind of physical reality - and we are merely using the "receiver" option more and more.

Insofar as to the "whys" of it, I believe we are collectively approaching a nexus for the realization of shared and interactive consciousness...at least this is the conclusion at which I have quite comfortably arrived. On a "waking consciousness" level of awareness, there are many who will choose to NOT accept this collective realization as being "true" within their reality construct - mostly due to fear of the [perceived] jeopardy they find threatening their Individuality; there are many who will...

For me, there's nothing to be particularly alarmed about for it's merely a part of the overall adventure.

Star and Flag for a great thread!

Mindpeace.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
People are worrying to much about the future and not giving attention to present, to get to the future we pay less attention to present

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

I went to CockRock (Cockermouth Rock Festival in Cumbria before you dirty minded buggers jump on that) and Solfest this summer, thats it, I think I have seen 5 or 6 days of sun!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Mindpeace

I havnt read the seth info for a while, that was fascinating stuff, ( i personally believe that a lot of channeling is fraudulent but the seth stuff interested me). I absolutely completely believe 100% that a massive change is coming to planet earth, actually its started. Im ready for it, i hope! in as much as im not scared, im not sure if i want to hoard gallons of water and food, i feel as though if my life is meant to pass then it will. This planet as i know it doesnt and never has felt like home to me anyway.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
Time actually doesn't exist. Time is a mental construct of man to try and make sense in a confusing and random world.

Well put.

It's over before we get there.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk

I went to CockRock (Cockermouth Rock Festival in Cumbria before you dirty minded buggers jump on that) and Solfest this summer, thats it, I think I have seen 5 or 6 days of sun!

Theres always the possibility of an indian summer! (that two slightly warm days in september) for you non brits.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world

Okay now,when you say your world,what world would that be exactly?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by GodIsPissed

it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world

Okay now,when you say your world,what world would that be exactly?

Sorry I couldn't resist.

Lol, thats ok, it was a silly phrase to use anyway, i meant in my world in a sense of am i the only person on this earth experiencing this freakout.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Maybe time really is speeding up, here's something I've posted about this before:

On page 84:

mary_elizabeth_croft.pdf

"Time is actually speeding up (or collapsing). For thousands of years the Schumann Resonance or pulse (heartbeat) of Earth has been 7.83 cycles per second. The military has used this as a very reliable reference. However, since 1980 the resonance has been slowly rising. It is now over 12 cycles per second! This means there is the equivalent of less than 16 hours per day instead of the old 24 hours." - Mary Elizabeth Croft, "How I Clobbered Every Bureaucratic Cash-Confiscatory Agency Known To Man"

So I guess, if you want to known more, look up "Schumann Resonance".

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

I agree with you, I also feel time is going faster & as I am from Cymru like you maybe it's just us Welsh going mad!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Indeed time flies

Ben Franklin expressed this very thought a couple hundred years ago. He designed the Fugio Cent for the new USA republic. The obverse of this coin depicts a sundial (used to measure time) with the latin word "fugio" which literally means "flies". Here is an article about it:

en.wikipedia.org...

Another observation may interest you, OP. In the 24th chapter of Matthew. Jesus gives some signs of the end of days. In verse 22 of that chapter He states: And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened. Something to think about....

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
It's a proportion thing. When you're 10 a year is 1/10th of your life. As you get older the percentage grows and your perception of time follows (at 30, a year is only 1/30th of your life). You're not going mad--you're getting old.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You are not the only one noticing this. I've noticed time speeding up for the the last five or so years and i'm under 25 by a few years. Time does seem to be speeding up where a year feels like half a year and six months a couple months. And the weeks? The weeks are gone in a blink of an eye it seems. Maybe I'm just crazy too, or maybe something is happening.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Yes. Time is speeding up. I honestly don't think it is an illusion on anyone's part. I have also noticed that it seems the sun is setting earlier that normal for this time of year. Someone posted something similar earlier, but this article is a bit different I think.

www.universeofsuccess.com...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I have also notived a change in how fast my days go by, but I think it has more to do with what I am doing to occupy that time.
Being on the computer is one that I have noticed speeds up time...I get so ingross in what I am doing/reading,or whatever that I loose track of time and before I know it's been an hour or two hours. Watching TV, especially TV marathons or movies....it's easy to just sit for hours because your ingrossed in that.
I also think that most people don't relize just how long it take to do certain tasks because they are not timming themselves. Taking a shower, driving across town, cleaning the house, being on the puter, etc....it all takes up time. On days my son goes to school, I know he gets off the bus at a certain time, if I focus on the clock too much that day, it goes by really slowly...if I ignore the clock and go about my work, he's home in no time at all.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i completly understand what your saying. I dont think that it has much to do with getting older. im almost 29 and i feel the same thing. Weeks and months are flying by. Maybe it has something to do with activites and stresses in our lifes. For me having a restaurant and two kids on the way and employees that wanna get paid to F off all day, causes my days to soar by. i suppose if didnt have a job and lived on the streets that maybe my life wouldnt seem to go so fast. But its hard to say for sure seeing as i can never do a study on that. I guess its the same as how stress causes the body to age faster. The more stressful our jobs and life is , the more worn out our minds and bodies are. Its this way for everyone. Thats why when we take vacations, generaly we feel recharged and not worn out and stressed.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I can confer with you.
Ignore all the peoople on here saying time isnt revlevant.
Im female 20 from britain and this last year time has gone by mentally. It gone so fast i can bearly catch my own breath.
time clenches onto my gaze and stfens me softly.

something is happening, my gut tell mes so. Im not sure what. Im going to china in next few months and hiding in a cave untill this whole 2012 thing is over seriously. wew reencarnated so many times maybe this is a penultimate test.
my advice is get close to buddha bcos noone actually knows wtf is going on.
a day to me now feels about 8-14 hours l;ong its weird i know.

tell me more about ur experiences if u can xx

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

going on vacation, that will just speed time up

2nd

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join