It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

lol..I know...THE doctor IS everything except a medical doctor....my reply was a subtle nod to the Gallifreyan.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
all part of the great shift of the ages....we just happen to experience it in linear time and feel the effects more in the physical

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

We are all one, and together, we have a finite amount of time to split. The more of us there exists, and at the same time, the less of the "now" time is awarded to each one. This give the perception that time flies faster, although it is not measurable with any currently known devices. Only in the perception.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by arrus75

lol..I know...THE doctor IS everything except a medical doctor....my reply was a subtle nod to the Gallifreyan.

sorry that went under the radar, its quarter to four in the morn and ive just done an 9 hour shift. apologies.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Time doesn´t really exists. But our elaboration of it is changing.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Your hot and you like Doctor Who, all is, of course, forgiven. haha

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
how fast/slow time goes is completely dependent on you, personally, my last two years have slowed down dramatically and now feels like when i was a child.

If you take your focus off the constant chatter of your mind and let your focus drift into your consciousness which is the "see'er" of the mind (it feels entirely different to being your thoughts) you will notice you are more present, and time will slow down as you become conscious of more in each moment. If you can barely keep your focus on one thing at a time and have thoughts racing through your mind all day then you are viewing reality from your unconscious mind not witnessing each moment as it passes rather your focus is elsewhere reducing the amount of reality in each moment your perceiving.

This is why people meditate to get beyond the mind, why some people seem to be more aware of things than others. The consciousness is where intuition, love, peace reside. This is why people say "go with your gut", the answer seemed to just come to you, because if you use your mind you end up getting the question wrong in a test. The missing link most people don't realise is that once you shift your focus beyond the mind and into the consciousness, the consciousness is the view of the universe and it's infinite - therefore the game is to remove the focus from the mind and into the consciousness which resides in other higher dimensions (astral bodies etc) that reside beyond time. TPTB are stuck in the animal mind with the desires that drove animals to evolve (lust, fear, anger) so they are trying to keep us here as well by increasing those within us (that's why the news is fear based, or they create wars and disasters etc).

Were at a point now where this knowledge is coming to the forefront, and you have to make a choice if your going to follow the desires and drives of the animal within you, or if your going in the other direction to the qualities of the consciousness.
edit on 4-9-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-9-2011 by raiden12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
What is driving me crazy though, is why isnt every single person on the planet feeling it, why am i so weird, and a few other people, its makes me question my own sanity, (not really, i know im sane), hopefully....

I think that everyone does feel it but few talk about it. I had a 15 year old the other day tell me he could not understand what happen to the summer break. He was saying the last summer seemed longer and this summer seemed like just a few weeks.
I just paid of my truck last month and when I say something about making the last payment at work all my co-worker as like that was fast and when I tell them I have been paying on it for 5 years they did not believe me. All of them said I only had the truck for 2 years not 5. I had to take the bill of sell to work to show them. They were all floored when they seen that it was in fact 5 years.
Not sure what is going on but the passage of time is moving faster than it was.

I found this interesting

" The resonance of Earth (Schumann Resonance) has been 7.8Hz for
thousands of years. Since 1980 it has risen to over 12Hz. This means
that 16 hours now equate to a 24 hour day. Time is speeding up!"

Do some research on Schumann Resonance. You will find it very interesting

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Time does seem to be going by faster. I do not think a minute is any longer or shorter now than it was 100 years ago, but rather we are much more busy.

When I was in school we did not have cell phones or computers anyone would recognize. Typing was the mass means of written communication, and the copy machines produced blue ink copies that had a wonderful chemical smell.

So we, as a collective group of people we not constantly bombarded with things engaging our minds 24 hours a day. We actually had time to ourselves. And if we were with friends, that was the only thing on our minds.

Today, everyone is texting all the time, so you are always engaging your mind. We are surrounded with technology, computers, chat rooms, movies, television that is awesome. We never really stop to have time for ourselves, there is always something going on.

Years ago we had this idle time. So naturally time would go slower. Try to just leave everything behind for a day. No phone, no tv, maybe a radio. Go somewhere away from the masses. Time will seem to slow down, or at least it does for me. When our brains are not engaged all the time it seems there is more time in a day.

If our recent past is any indication, technology will keep advancing, and our time will seem to be less and less.

I look forward to the time I can get up in the morning, watch the sun rise, sip coffee and read a paper again. Two hours then will seem like heaven. Well, at least I can hope

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

I think the line of stars you've gotten says a great deal about the fact you're not going crazy and you're definitely not alone in that same sense of time being a little off.. I wish I could find the words to better describe how I've felt something very similar to this for quite a while. It just isn't something I can describe, but you've come as close as anything else.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoVain
reply to post by whaaa

We are all one, and together, we have a finite amount of time to split. The more of us there exists, and at the same time, the less of the "now" time is awarded to each one. This give the perception that time flies faster, although it is not measurable with any currently known devices. Only in the perception.

Gosh, never heard that one before, and ive been an ats member for a quite while. do you have a source for this theory, its iinteresting, trouble is i dont think we have a finite amount of time to split, it doesnt make sense to me, unless you provide the science.The universe is, apparently infinite.

Personally i believe human understanding of infinitly is impossible, we cant go further than who created God, we cannot conceptualize that god has always existed, because GOd cannot have been created, and thats the mind F** k,
I was gonna post and edt, but i decided to let the post go, i was about to make fun about your weird philosophy, but then I felt bad, cos you have right to your unusual (but intelligent ) without proof theory.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by solsticks

Sad...now you say it, it is sad...I have seen some good examples of what I experience used on movies, a simple special effect...if you take away the plot, give no meaning...just a human.
Thinking about it...I don`t know if this moment has an emotion, I think that I make the choice, in an instant, if I focus on the scene I do feel sad and share your sentiments exactly, if I focus on myself , I don`t know if I feel anything other than a physical dragging of my body.

hope this makes some sense.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Time does not exist. So problem solved

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I got a time break today. I thought it was going to take me hours to take apart and reattach a garbage disposal at my mother's house. Instead I watched a youtube video and based upon me watching my other relative needing my help to assemble it when he thought he could do it himself, I thought I knew where it was leaking. One or two youtube videos lately, I thought I could fix it in less than a minute. It worked. I stopped the leak. Sat down and read the paper. Time slowed down. It's great to experience more time when you have time off.

Someone asked how old I was last night and they told me it seems like I'm not aging as much as everyone else. I try to avoid stress but it's getting a lot harder. The small town I live in with many laid back people helps though. Laid back nowadays means putting in a full days work plus a little extra but not some boss demanding you have something done faster than is possible.

I keep thinking something is wrong because I thought the economy was slowing down but I'm working longer and longer hours. Weeks do seem to go by fast. It seems like there isn't enough time to get everything done at work anymore and then more keeps getting thrown on you. I'm typing this since I do not have to work tomorrow. I enjoy it when time seems to slow down and I can relax. I believe too many people are stressed out with little free time to enjoy the day or even a moment. If they have the time, they probably don't have the money or are busy spending their time looking for work.
edit on 4/9/11 by orionthehunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by InshaAllah
Time does not exist. So problem solved

Has time always not existed.?

Maybe the atomic fabric as a whole is being affected, but areas of slippage exist, some huge others small localized. Affecting the circadian rhythms of the body and perceptual apparatus...like sitting close to or passing through/across a tiny white-hole...random propagation and existence.

just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Time is individual for people. There is No Such Thing As Time, infinity is the platform,no measurement can be made in it. We all experience this illusion or coding in our brains at different rates, and earth is an individual experience at "times" for many of us, where those around us have also experienced their earth trip at different rates, some are already on the other side, and we're taking a slower or longer or faster route ourselves, based on our readiness, awareness and actions/intent. There is a team watching over all of us nudging for us to get through earth time.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   
I don't think time is flying by, I think it is more a case of, once you are there, it feels like it has flown, where in reality it still drags in. Could be a by product of getting older as your brain isn't making as many new cells as it did when you were younger, so less memories means time has gone faster.

That makes sense to me, hope what I am trying to say (at 5:52am) makes sense to you too.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

just to clear things up, there is no doctor, just the gallifreyn time traveller, i am a whoee, since i was in single figures.
and i cannot stress, yet again, that i have never been more happy, lessed stressed and more in touch with my god than ever.
But i wish i didnt feel so lonely in this thing.

I'm right with you in feelling time speeding up. I'm about your age too. I hear lots and lots of people talk about time and there have been a few other threads on the same subject.

I had taken a few years off to care for a relative. I wasn't under time pressure and it wasn't exactly a "fun time" but a few years passed in what seemed to be a blink of an eye.

Even with the ultra boring and easy job I have now, time just seems to go by really fast.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
I read somewhere rescently that our solar system or galaxy is orbiting something... another galaxy or something.

According to the article we are in the part of the orbit where we speed up as we're being pulled towards this other force. Our time here on Earth is still ticking away the same for us but "galactic time" or the "speed of our galaxy" is speeding up.

Perhaps some of us who are sensative to subtle changes in space-time or consciousness are picking up on this?

edit on 9/5/11 by AstroBuzz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
I'm 36. I'm not old. I experience this too. I remember just few years ago when I started working where I am now, I could do so much with the 8 hours. Now the day just slips by and I seem to finish only a fraction what I used to.

It's not just that. Everything is just moments. My wife experiences the same.

It's not scaring me though at all. Actually I find it only interesting. The minus is that lot's of stuff gets undone

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join