It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

It's normal.

And you can control it. Things like a regular sleep pattern, healthy living, etc etc, slow it down tremendously. Meditation too, especially to binaural stuff.

These days every day feels like 3 days. You're just sort of...there more.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by donbot1000
I think time, as we know it, is definitely speeding up. Let me explain. There are still "24 hours" in a day, but time, as we understand it, is being shortened. The only thing that is picking up on it is our souls. We still watch the clock each day and it still ticks out the 24 hours that we're used to. But our souls are picking up on the fact that time is going faster and something is different. In turn, we wonder if we're losing our minds.

There is also evidence that points to this in the Scriptures. It states that in the last days, He, God, would shorten the days lest we destroy ourselves.

Look at the boom in the energy drink and supplement market. For centuries, coffee was the best stimulant available, but now we need mass injections of caffeine, sugar, and taurine to make it from sun up to sun down. You figure that your body is packing 12 hours of daytime activity into maybe 6 to 8? I wish there was a way to measure the time difference, but our souls don't run on time. I think they're only aware when things are different.

I don't think you're going mad; your soul just knows that something's not right.

Just a thought.

That was an extremely interesting post, id not thought of that notion before,that people could be packing 12 hours into 6 to 8 hours, red bull must be laughing all the way to the bank.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Time obviously flows the same as it always has. I think we are all experiencing something strange. I agree with the OP that it definitely feels like time is slipping faster than ever. I went on vacation in early June, and it feels like it was just a week or two ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
This Topic reminds me of a good episode I watched on 'Star Trek the Next Generation' years ago.

en.wikipedia.org...(Star_Trek:_The_Next_Generation)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I would suggest you all watch this doco from Ian Lungold, he talks about how time is a illusion and that it's not time speeding up but in fact our consciousness is accelerating at a higher rate of manifestation in accordance with the mayan calendar as we head into Dec 21 2012 it gets so fast it becomes unbelievable. Watch this doco and everything will make more sense. Peace & Oneness.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I see many responses that are chalking it up as part or the aging process but I for one have to disagree...

For one, I'm older, but not that old. Second, I remember time dragging just little over a year ago, where I could complete all the tasks I had laid out for a day with time to spare. Fast forward to now, schedual has not change a bit and yet its a struggle to complete the same things in the same time frame. I'm not talking complicated tasks either, but its inevitable I'll be run down at the end of the day from rushing to get what I once was getting done in a day, and still have multiple things left over at the days end.

Then when you look back to see what the heck happened its almost like the day went by in a blur with not enough hours in the day... it almost seems surreal some times!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It is down to your own perception, without it time would not exist as it in my opinion is an illusion. As a result some will say it has sped up, others that it is slowing down simply because of the level of perception. A good way of seeing this for yourself is meditation, you will find the sense of perceived time can change drastically and I find it to be linked to the conscious state.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Believe it or not, I woke up just today with the exact same thought. What synchronicity. I wonder if there's a scientific basis for it.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I'm there with you. I made the exact comment the other day to my mother-in-law and got the response that time seems to go by quicker as you get older. I'm only 35 and it seems the last 4 or 5 years lasted only 2 ! I can't explain it, it just sucks.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
When you get older you come into realization about your surroundings and time more then say when you are younger.

Like they say don't let life pass you by.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
It seemed like a few months ago I was going Xmas shopping in December 2010...and here we are 15 weeks to Xmas. 100% something I have noticed, and everyone is saying "how time seems to be flying"

Probably nothing, but my daughter is 2 and a half and it seens like a year ago.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

I agree with a lot of the posters here in that time is measured by what we are experiencing at the moment. Pretend you are on a really wide highway called time. You are in your own lane cruising along but.......you decide to chage into a persons lane who is in a nursing home......you visit them.....just you and them for days. There is no clock, no window so you dont know if its day or night. Your time will stop. Now leave the nursing home and change into someones lane who is having a party. Your time will go really fast. So how I picture time is what lane Im in and whats happening in that persons lane. I know I explain things weird but hey, Im weird.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Nearly 10 years since 9/11
Nearly 15 years since Princess Diana

Madness. utter, utter madness

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

We have all had dizzy spells

The last few days I have had a peculiar sensation, not dizziness, but like a strange orientation. It is almost impossible to describe, but I noticed it several times. I was just hoping it wasn't something bad like brain cells dying off or something.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
lol i dont think its the aging proccess happening to me too and im just 21 just wanted to throw that out there

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

When you get busy, time fly's. The devil finds work for idle hands. Be glad that time is flying.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
It's not so much that time has sped up as it is that the government has taken so much from us, that we have to work twice as hard to get the comfortable standards that we were once used to. We are so busy at work and work consumes our lives that has hit an all time level. You then, only notice the small periods of time where life is considered "contentment", and that part of current life flies by. Why? Because you get so very little time to yourselves or your families lately and when the time comes.......it's gone....back to the trance of daily life in trenches..where time seems to freeze, in a perpetual hell of desks, pencils and computers and 3-piece slave drivers designed to keep your eyes focused on your tasks.
In retrospeck, the same as the last post said...I just gave you the scenic route.

edit on 5-9-2011 by Phenomium because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Ya but even ten years ago i felt like the days seemed longer myself. But i know that there is just as much time in the day as there was when I was a kid, its just a matter of perception. I take two points in my life and compare them during the present and i can kind of get an idea of why time seems to go faster sometimes.
I will say again this is just personal experience. When I am at a point in life where I have no goals, or something i feel I am working at to achieve time flys by. Compared to when I am working towards something, or planning ahead I am keeping myself aware of time, so that awareness allows it to slow.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Some fun science facts about speed

The circumference of the Earth at the equator is 25,000 miles. The Earth rotates in about 24 hours. Therefore, if you were to hang above the surface of the Earth at the equator without moving, you would see 25,000 miles pass by in 24 hours, at a speed of 25000/24 or just over 1000 miles per hour.

Earth is also moving around the Sun at about 67,000 miles per hour

The Earth rotates once in a few minutes under a day (23 hours 56 minutes 04. 09053 seconds). This is called the sidereal period (which means the period relative to stars). The sidereal period is not exactly equal to a day because by the time the Earth has rotated once, it has also moved a little in its orbit around the Sun, so it has to keep rotating for about another 4 minutes before the Sun seems to be back in the same place in the sky that it was in exactly a day before.

The Earth is doing a lot more than rotating, although that is certainly the motion we notice most, because day follows night as a result. We also orbit the Sun once a year. The circumference of the Earth's orbit is about 940 million kilometers, so if you divide that by the hours in a year you will get our orbital speed in kilometers per hour. We are also moving with the Sun around the center of our galaxy and moving with our galaxy as it drifts through intergalactic space!

imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

edit on 5-9-2011 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

I was just thiking about that this week. How time seems to just fly by. And not just over long periods, from day to day. For example, last Tuesday I wake the kids for school and we go about our routine. They get up and dressed while I make breakfast and lunches. Then I make coffee and take in the morning. Now last Tuesday as I sat down for coffee I take a look at the clock and we were almost late for the bus so we hussled so we wouldn't miss it. On our way the kids were asking if we got up late but I assured them we hadn't. I know we hadn't. It's our routine after all. It was almost as if we were missing time some how. My kids are 8 and 11 and they're regularly perplexed about how time flies by. It weird because I clearly remember the days feeling way longer when I was a child. Even when we were having fun all day. So I feel you might be onto somethig here.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join