It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Time is a funny thing

I know time is a relative thing and would like to think that everyone's internal clock and perception of time can very greatly whether they are cracked out (speeding up time) or just hit a bong (slowing it down) that is all relative to the individual.
But that time to everything on earths surface is more or less an unchanging and constant thing.

That being said if life has shown me anything it that everything is changing whether we like it or not

Knowing this over the last few years i have been unable to sleep until later and later in the night (3 year ago) I would go to bed at 11pm fall asleep around 12ish (2 years ago) i would try and sleep at like 11:30pm but lay in bed till 1 or 2am (in the last year) ive given up on trying to sleep until after 2am some nights i just stay out until the bars close and i can play pool anymore or watch tv or read Bs posts on here till 3 or 4am Ive tried meds and sleeping pills don't do anything to help me fall asleep

Still having to get up at around same time 9:30am most often for my job at 10am; selling promotional products (t-shirt pens coffee mugs) with a companies logo often running booths at tradeshows or being contracted to run an events registration, which can mean 12 hours on my feet leaving me drained of all energy wishing for a bed to pass-out in

But despite being dead tired from working my butt off i lay down after being up since 5 in the morning getting material ready for people who start arriving at 9am and that will ask me questions about everything till 10pm

I get in bed and stare at the ceiling till 2 or 3 wake up and do it again I should be dead already from lack of sleep but I still get up and handle it

5-10 years ago it was not like this i feel somethings wrong but I haven't figured it out yet

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Normally i'm ontop of these things with whatever theories that come to mind and make sense to me, but this is a bit of a road block for once now that it's explained deeper by some.

My problem is, when I think how long its been since an event or so on, thinking and feeling it has been around 6 months atleast, I get shocked to find out its only been half that time. It just seemed so damn long ago but it was just around the corner.

I'll give this one some thought and maybe get back to it later

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

The opposite of me! but just as weird, does it happen just occasionally or all the time? however the feeling of time speeding is with me constantly.
However theres only one thing more bizarre in Thedoctorswife's life, and that is that she managed to create a thread with 222 replies and 41 flags.
ATS success at last!!!!!!
Ive probably jinxed the thread now and itll just fall dead in front of my eyes.

edit on 5-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: more rubbish

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Another post to add that I, too, have never been so "chilled out" in my life. I meditate, I get plenty of sleep, I eat healthy, I have a decent work schedule, I take plenty of time for myself.... So this quickening isn't due to age, or being super busy... It's just happening. I can agree that it may not be time, but creation that is speeding up. I mean, look at all that has happened so far just this year. I won't get into a list, you all here on ATS know what I mean. We've seen A LOT happen this year.

Remember Fukishima?? That was SIX months ago. Just an example...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
As the years go by, I do believe they go faster and I found a song that fits. A little Husker Du!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I have been experiencing this for the last few years as well. You are not nuts. Science stated a year or so ago that the speed of galactic rotation has increased. The galaxy is spinning a little faster. I don't know if that is true or not but seeming something has changed. I'm not sure if it is time speeding up or our perception of time that has speed up but something is very different that is for sure.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by cwilson
[more
Im certain that if i went out into the street and asked 20 random people how long ago fukashima was, on being told it was six months ago, would probably say "it feels like yesterday",
Maybe most people arent conciously aware of it, but a few of us am, for whatever reason.
Just a possibility.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
I talked about this a few days ago. I think time goes faster when you get older.

It's kind of sound how fast life passes by.
edit on 5-9-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

Time as we know it now..is folding in upon itself. Events are happening fast and furiously. Events that mirror past events are happening daily...exponentially. Don't worry it won't be forever!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Happens all the time, even right now. It feels like a few months ago that I bought the inner mudguard for my bike, but it was actually during last month...

Seriously time gets so damn slow for me I get the feeling that i'm not achieving what I want, it just drags on and on. I've been saving money for as long as I can think back and I told myself I was going to save for this and it would be 3 to 4 MONTHS and i'm just over the halfway point!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I don't know if its the same thing your going through or if its just me but i feel that way to. Im 16 and just starting senior year and i seriously feel like i just got out of 9th grade. I mean I've matured, grown and all that but in a just stop and take a look around kinda sense, i feel as if time is flying by WAY to fast. Maybe its just cause im young and in highschool but seriously i feel that way to.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yes, time speeding up can be measured. I have encountered this feeling for the past couple of years.

Scientists discovered many years ago that the earth gives off a pulse. This pulse or frequency which has been likened to a heartbeat has been stable at approximately 7.8 cycles per second for thousands of years. However, since around the year 1980 the earth’s heartbeat began to speed up. It has currently been measured at 12 cycles per second but the most incredible thing is some scientists believe the earth will actually stop rotating when this pulse reaches 13 cycles per second.

www.maya12-21-2012.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

I've been saying this with more and more confidence each year for the last few years....I can't say it's one thing or the other, a combination of more things to do, keeping busy, more work, stuff like that...

but even times where I have absolutely nothing to do, I might sit and stare at my computer for hours on end on my days off work...and 6 hours will fly by in what feels like an hour....if I am conscious of the time I can't tell the difference...if I distract myself for a bit and look at the time again..WHOAH...9pm becomes 1am, and I have trouble remembering what has happened in the timeframe. seems like not much at all has happened, but hours have flown by.

Just this morning I got a phone call at 6:30....I was supposed to return the call in 10 minutes...when I did go to return it...I found out over half an hour had passed....and all I had done was a bit of reading into moon anomalies.

and it's not just the minutes and the hours, weeks and months suddenly become next year. I had only just gotten used to writing 2010, and before I knew it I had to change that to 2011.

Maybe something to do with the Mayan calender...I don't understand the maths implicitly, but my understanding is that the days in the last cycles of the current calender are less in each cycle than the one preceding. I have read other threads on this, but I can't quote them.

I stopped counting my age each year since I was 28, cause the birthdays seem to becoming seasonal rather than annual.

And then we have the whole concept of the singularity, where the connections between conceptual points increase to the point where everything is connected at the same time...literal Zero time. There is alot of stuff to read on that one as well.

Maybe we are all just re-aligning our perception of 'now' to include 'before' and 'after'....at some point I can imagine time won't be a measurement of change, rather it will be more change of measurement.

I'm sure we've heard this a million times....'Interesting times to live in'

how many times have I said 'time' so far ?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
oct282011.com...

Go visit that, and watch the video. It will explain "The Quickening" as it is called.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable
Yes, time speeding up can be measured. I have encountered this feeling for the past couple of years.

Scientists discovered many years ago that the earth gives off a pulse. This pulse or frequency which has been likened to a heartbeat has been stable at approximately 7.8 cycles per second for thousands of years. However, since around the year 1980 the earth’s heartbeat began to speed up. It has currently been measured at 12 cycles per second but the most incredible thing is some scientists believe the earth will actually stop rotating when this pulse reaches 13 cycles per second.

I have always understood time is like a Mobius Strip and we are actually on the traverse side of it at this moment of space, whichwhen we get to 13 Hertz. We will traverse back to the other side again, hence history repeating itself as it always does...
Then this...
merlintm.x10.bz...
edit on 5-9-2011 by Epsillion70 because: edit spelling

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Originally posted by seedofchucky

time is relative to your experinces

positive experinces make time go faster...

negative experinces make it go slower...

heance the clock at work....

nothing weird is happening with time

your aging and notice it more now ...accept

Time has no relevance.. Time is completely irrelevant..

Then answer me this my friend. Suppose that each of the following situations must occur and they must in order for the relevancy of time to be apparent so please indulge me.
1) you will spend one minute kissing a beloved lover. and
2) you will hold your hand six inches over a pot of boiling water also for one minute. Which minute do you think will "seem" longer ? That is what is meant by time is relevant.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnBreakable

Here is another example of time's relevance. When did they discover this and when did they begin their measurements? That matters because if they were measuring for say 10 years how could they possibly know what the "pulse" was even the year before, forget thousands of years that they are claiming? How do they know it was not faster and slowed and is now speeding back up? How do they know if there is a cycle of pluses? This is a silly claim that is only about 1mm deep. Just tell me who the scientists were ? Any small thing at all will be appreciated.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Are the atoms speeding up

NO!

We have atomic clocks that count the same duration between the days as they did when they were first used.

It's just our perception of time.

One reason is super simply..you're getting old

Explanation!! :

When we were young, our PERCEPTION of time was different.

We didn't have large frames of reference regarding time.

An hour was soooo long, and thinking in terms of years was next to impossible.

As your number of rotations around the sun increase, we have a frame of internal reference to grasp these larger durations.

As we are capable of doing this, an hour becomes soooo short.

It's all relative to how we perceive it, in how we experience it.

That, and as you age, most people's minds start to decay a bit. They "aren't there", or "are on autopilot" for a good chunk of their days.

Want to gain some time back?! Do novel things everyday. You'll turn off the autopilot, and be more in the moment more often.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   

I agree. The past 2 years in particular have been extremely fast moving. I believe "time" is like a spirial along with our evolution. The further outside the spiral, the slower time moves/slower evolution. The closer we get to the center, the faster our evolution happens and the faster we experiance time.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
God is messing with time. Research Time of Sorrows and Great Tribulation, and correlate it with current world events. It will scare you. The reason why time feels like it is speeding up is because time for man is about to come to a screetching halt. It's kinda ironic that the Maya, and the IIcheng would have this grand apocalpyse at the same time the bible says were going to have the last apocalypse. It's either happening now or between 2012 and 2019.

While youre researching the first 2 things i told you, do a little more research about the prophecy of Israel that came to pass in 1948. Keep in mind that one generation is about 70 years, and it has been 63 years.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join