It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by thedoctorswife

My girlfriend started talking about Halloween today and my face dropped
Im not sure what happened to the whole of the summer months at all

what probably happened was that you spent too much time on ATS getting wound up about BS, waiting for disaster.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I think to say that time is speeding up may be a bad way to word it. I would have to say that it would be more accurate to time is being compressed. The same about of things are taking place but in a shorter time frame. You would have to be outside of the area that is being affected to see the effect.
I think there is a simple way to test this if NASA wanted to. Send a time based file out into space to the Voyager space probe and then have it to send the file right back. If there is a time shift of some type going on then maybe Voyager is far enough away not to be affected. If there is a time shift the returned file would come back at a faster or slower rate that it was sent. I know the idea is a little crazy but it is all I can think of.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
God is messing with time. Research Time of Sorrows and Great Tribulation, and correlate it with current world events. It will scare you. The reason why time feels like it is speeding up is because time for man is about to come to a screetching halt. It's kinda ironic that the Maya, and the IIcheng would have this grand apocalpyse at the same time the bible says were going to have the last apocalypse. It's either happening now or between 2012 and 2019.

While youre researching the first 2 things i told you, do a little more research about the prophecy of Israel that came to pass in 1948. Keep in mind that one generation is about 70 years, and it has been 63 years.

thankyou, im gonna have a little google of times of sorrows now. And i know everyone has a right to free speech, but please people who keep saying its my age, it SO isnt, this is something else.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Time does accelerate...

Terence McKenna: Time Acceleration

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

not just you mate. think this happens to everyone.

for me its that in the recent years, my days are so jam packed full that I seem to forget about time. I look around, kids don't seem to be as bored as I used to be at their age, so much more things that are entertaining out concentration that we seem to forget about time.

guess people are just aging faster these days.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
When you're young and carefree time appears to drag along as there is little to look forward to except for a new school year to start and promptly end, summer to arrive and woefully end, school year holidays arrive and sadly end, etc.

As you get older countless "things" occur either cluttering or embellishing your travel through life. Things like, but not limited to, finishing university, getting and keeping a job in your field of studies, getting married, purchasing and eventually paying off your house, having and raising a family, starting a retirement account, taking the kids to swimming/dance/music lessons, waiting for kids to start elementary school, high school, university, experiencing family, friends and acquaintances become ill with some getting better and others dying, getting closer and closer to retirement, etc.occur each eating up / occupying a valuble portion of time.

Things / events you wish to cherish and enjoy whisk by because other events are set in motion either by yourself or others, taking away the joy of experiencing the current. Having one thing going on in ones life is easy to deal with, many become obstructions resulting in little or no time for reflecting on the day to day things that one once had the time to enjoy.

One event llike boiling a pot of water takes forever (a watched pot never boils) while preparing an entire meal, with different cooking times, temperatures, etc. zips by in a flash, making it a "blur of preparation".

Just my thoughts, but undertaking countless tasks and events (life) is what I believe is going on.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bacci0909

If TM said it, it must be true!!

That fool had a lot of followers on ATS.

Plenty of threads on his fooey.

Not many are behind him after his time wave was shown to be horribly inaccurate.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

the kind ladies and gentlemen in the white coats will be happy to take care of your
things for you.. dont worry,. it will be alright.. right this way please.

can you hear that yet.?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

Not many are behind him after his time wave was shown to be horribly inaccurate.

I'm no McKenna freak... I actually didn't know he had championed that theory. Was he really the only one? I thought I had heard it from another source, Hawking or something? Maybe I'm mistaken.. but McKenna's were the first links to come up, that's why I shared that one

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions

To be honest im not that familiar with his theory, its too complex for me,(im a blond in disguise) but isnt it about something like time travels in cycles? and some sort of huge 'novelty' as he calls it will happen next month.
Why was he inaccurate in his theory?, im not challenging what your saying, i genuinely want to know because it interests me.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

To be honest, I think what your experiencing is perfectly normal.

I will be 50 next year, and whilst I agree with what you are saying, as you get older......the days blend into weeks.....blend into months......blend into years, I remember what I was told as an apprentice by the guy that taught me (he will be in his 80's now)

He said that "life is like a roller-coaster, you spend the first 30 years slowly climbing that first big incline, you reach the top.........and whoooooosh!.........once you tip over the top, the next 30-40 years flash by in a heart beat!

God I wish I was 18 again

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Just thought I would post the obligatory bible verse.

Matthew 24.
22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Based on the fig tree prophecy it would appear the generation is 63-65 years old. Perhaps it's getting noticeable as the predicted events of Matthew 24 get closer?

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I've noticed time generally speed up since about mid 2008. Its going faster and faster and someone made a indepth post and proved it, wish I could find that thread now.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by bacci0909

I'm no McKenna freak... I actually didn't know he had championed that theory. Was he really the only one? I thought I had heard it from another source, Hawking or something? Maybe I'm mistaken.. but McKenna's were the first links to come up, that's why I shared that one

No, McKenna is not the only one, there is Kurvweil, Moore, Timothy Leary, et al.

And of course there is the pretty obvious acceleration in the complexity associated with evolution, especially the 'new' evolution humans have introduced (imposed on the environment) , eg. the increasing speed that we can travel (hundreds of thousands of years on foot, thousands on animals, hundreds on land based machines and lately through the air and space) the gaps between the jumps we take just get smaller and smaller.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8
I've noticed time generally speed up since about mid 2008. Its going faster and faster and someone made a indepth post and proved it, wish I could find that thread now.

So do i, considering he actually proved it

edit on 5-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowland8

I would absolutely love to see "proof" that time is speeding up!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

I don't know how old you are but it does come with age. Psychologists say it has something to do with the "been there done that" factor. Like a day might seem slower but a year seems faster.

Btw. Time is relative.
edit on 5-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

I would absolutely love to see "proof" that time is speeding up!

Well, if Einstein and Hubble are correct that space and time are intrinsically linked and the expansion of the Universe is accelerating then we certainly have a theory to work on.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by steveknows

I don't know how old you are but it does come with age. Psychologists say it has something to do with the "been there done that" factor. Like a day might seem slower but a year seems faster.

Btw. Time is relative.
edit on 5-9-2011 by steveknows because: (no reason given)

Im 43, but this phenomena has only happened in the last 2 to 3 years. Time was going quicker the older i was getting but something different has happened in the last few years.
And i understand that time is relative, but whether im doing boring stuff or interesting stuff its still flying past me.
edit on 5-9-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000
God is messing with time. Research Time of Sorrows and Great Tribulation, and correlate it with current world events. It will scare you. The reason why time feels like it is speeding up is because time for man is about to come to a screetching halt. It's kinda ironic that the Maya, and the IIcheng would have this grand apocalpyse at the same time the bible says were going to have the last apocalypse. It's either happening now or between 2012 and 2019.

While youre researching the first 2 things i told you, do a little more research about the prophecy of Israel that came to pass in 1948. Keep in mind that one generation is about 70 years, and it has been 63 years.

thankyou, im gonna have a little google of times of sorrows now. And i know everyone has a right to free speech, but please people who keep saying its my age, it SO isnt, this is something else.

Isn't "little google" an oxymoron?

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join