It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+52 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Your going mad.. You will learn to accept it in time, Just like the rest of us.

link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

My girlfriend started talking about Halloween today and my face dropped
Im not sure what happened to the whole of the summer months at all

+3 more 
link   

Time has absolutely sped up. Even my teen children complain incessantly about how fast the days are going!

I don't care how nutter it sounds, the days are SHORT

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
i don't think time is literally affected - if time was changing i dont think we would be aware of it.
But i have to say that for the past year my perception of time has been way off. Used to be pretty good at it, but the past year i would say to a friend "remember last week when we were doing such and such" and she would say "oh, you mean two months ago?" and look at me like i was crazy! So I have been feeling it too. Really bad. But I also have fibromyalgia, and fibro fog, so I chalk my experiences up to that. But it is a weird feeling!

link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

I've had the same feeling, no sense of missing time - just that it is going by faster than normal.

Like you, I chalked it up to getting older.

link   

I have been thinking the same exact thing and asking myself the same question. It does seem that time is speeding up exponentially and I often wonder if it has anything to do with the things that we are told may happeh with a conscience awakening in 2012.

It may actually just be the old adage that time flies by as you get older, but I still can't help wondering.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I think many are experiencing similar perceptions - I know I am.

I've actually studied a number of different time theories, some are fascinating. One of them is that time flows along a torus-like geometry (think donut) - and that our current era is where time spirals down into the center of the "donut hole" - and that just like the tip of a tornado the quality of time is changing. Timewave theory is also fascinating.

Hang in there - were all on the same ride - glad to be sharing it with y'all.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

time is relative to your experinces

positive experinces make time go faster...

negative experinces make it go slower...

heance the clock at work....

nothing weird is happening with time

your aging and notice it more now ...accept

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Have you been really busy? I've noticed that the busier I am and especially the more stressed I am, the faster time seems to go. It just passes me by. There are things that happened a year ago that seem like they happened only a couple of months ago. I also notice that when I don't have something planned ahead to look forward to, time flies by in no time at all. Back when I used to get out more and have plans that I just couldn't wait for, time dragged on and on. I know this is why time flies for me. Probably doesn't explain why someone with a life experiences the same thing though, lol!
I just need to get more, haha!

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Time has no relevance.. Time is completely irrelevant..

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Time is perception.
Every year you are alive will feel shorter than the last one.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre
Your going mad.. You will learn to accept it in time, Just like the rest of us.

Haha, thankyou for your words of assurance, the latter option being the less weird one.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
The rate of time passing is somewhat hard to quantify.

Do you measure it in seconds per second?

Remember, "Time's fun when you're having flies!", or something.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechVampyre

Originally posted by seedofchucky

Time has no relevance.. Time is completely irrelevant..

Time has plenty of relevance ....

but your post does not

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners

My girlfriend started talking about Halloween today and my face dropped
Im not sure what happened to the whole of the summer months at all

Summer months? to me they were a couple of weeks, maybe its got something to do with us only having two weeks of summer sunshine in the uk.
If feels like about two weeks ago that my daughter broke up from school, or maybe thats just her driving me crazy with her boredom and her need to go back to school.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I think we all experience this the older we get. Perhaps it's either something we accept, or the perception starts to slow down again at some point further in our lives.
I remember my mother, me now being the same age as she was then, complain of such a thing. Now neither my parents vocalise that perception.
edit on 4-9-2011 by Suspiria because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrissiel123
i don't think time is literally affected - if time was changing i dont think we would be aware of it.
But i have to say that for the past year my perception of time has been way off. Used to be pretty good at it, but the past year i would say to a friend "remember last week when we were doing such and such" and she would say "oh, you mean two months ago?" and look at me like i was crazy! So I have been feeling it too. Really bad. But I also have fibromyalgia, and fibro fog, so I chalk my experiences up to that. But it is a weird feeling!

Yes Chrissie, its ODD, its a weird feeling, to be honest ive been too embarressed by it to post earlier, because its sounds nuts.

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

I haven't had time to blink since my son was born. The last 20 months have flown by from my perspective!

Do you lead a busy life? This can make time seem to speed up. No time to get bored! Time does seem to go quicker as I get older though?

posted on Sep, 4 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Time actually doesn't exist. Time is a mental construct of man to try and make sense in a confusing and random world.

To distort what we think of as time is very easy with the proper concoction of plants or chemicals.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join