It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I think this might be what you are talking about.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I have been experiencing things also..also a lot of my friends,of different ages and a lot of my family members have told me they are feeling that time is moving a lot faster now.Maybe something is happening that is making time go faster..or "feel" it goes faster.But many people I know have given me the comment about it..and some of them are skeptic nonbelievers in pretty much anything that would be spiritual,conspiracy ect.So maybe something is really going on.Too bad there is no way to know for sure.But you are not alone in that perception that time is flying.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Time has absolutely sped up. Even my teen children complain incessantly about how fast the days are going!

I don't care how nutter it sounds, the days are SHORT

The days aren't short. They're the same length. People are just too busy these days, have too many plans, and don't plan "relaxing time" in between all your other plans.

You have to PLAN to take time out to yourself, even a little bit each day.

If you're finding the days are too short, you need to drop out of some activities, take more time out for yourself, and learn to relax.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
If you've been watching the Lasco C3 camera view of the SOHO Telescope recently you will have noticed an odd black ribbon trailing from Venus.

Odd black ribbon coming back from that planet.

As the planet has moved across the view of SOHO we've watched there is also a black ribbon in FRONT of Venus as well....odd.

Go out at and look at the Milky Way. Notice the big black spot of nothingness in the middle of the milky way? That's the center of our Galaxy.

We are passing thru a strong magnetic emission of the black hole hole in the center of our galaxy. The gravitational forces are speeding up time. This world is ending...and a new one will start as we pass thru this area...and time will slow down.

Time is relevant to the observer. Currently the observer is being whipped around on the outer edge of a spiral of the galaxy...it's this portion of the spiral that kicks around all the stars. You are feeling the effects of the increased gravitational forces spinning up the atoms in your body.

Why does the number 3:11 always come up? At 3:11 is when the gravitational forces from the center of the Galaxy are strongest pulling the Earth as we revolve on our axis. This is when Time/Space have their most power on Earth. And it's at that time when most of the "paranormal" activity is.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I think time, as we know it, is definitely speeding up. Let me explain. There are still "24 hours" in a day, but time, as we understand it, is being shortened. The only thing that is picking up on it is our souls. We still watch the clock each day and it still ticks out the 24 hours that we're used to. But our souls are picking up on the fact that time is going faster and something is different. In turn, we wonder if we're losing our minds.

There is also evidence that points to this in the Scriptures. It states that in the last days, He, God, would shorten the days lest we destroy ourselves.

Look at the boom in the energy drink and supplement market. For centuries, coffee was the best stimulant available, but now we need mass injections of caffeine, sugar, and taurine to make it from sun up to sun down. You figure that your body is packing 12 hours of daytime activity into maybe 6 to 8? I wish there was a way to measure the time difference, but our souls don't run on time. I think they're only aware when things are different.

I don't think you're going mad; your soul just knows that something's not right.

Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Ive.felt it, kinda.

Last spring I felt as if it was night as soon as I awoke.
It lasted a couple of months.
Maybe its our internal clocks just getting ready for a season change.??

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
The days aren't short. They're the same length. People are just too busy these days, have too many plans, and don't plan "relaxing time" in between all your other plans.

You have to PLAN to take time out to yourself, even a little bit each day.

If you're finding the days are too short, you need to drop out of some activities, take more time out for yourself, and learn to relax.

This isn't the same phenomena/experience. You are trying to tell someone who has been to Paris, despite clearly never having been there yourself (aka noticed this experience), what Paris is and isn't. We aren't idiots, we know the sensation of time seeming to get faster as you get older... as well as being too busy.

This is something that isn't easy to pin down for people who for whatever reason aren't sensitive to it... but for those who have sensed it one hint of a mention of it and you get an immediate recognition between each other.

It's pretty similar to people who can see the images in the Magic Eye pictures and those who can't see them as anything but random noise or meaningless patterns.

Edit: It's similar to the sensation of a whirlpool (which given every phenomena in the universe isn't surprising). As you take "one rotation" around the drain early on, you are moving slowly. As you get closer and closer to the center... each rotation has you moving faster... even though your view of the tub and drain is still only one revolution each time. Except rather than a physical drain, it's a time-line drain. Not "end of the world" mind you.

Namaste.
edit on 5-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
I'm gonna put to an end this "theory" people are bringing up about how it is only her age that is making her notice that time is moving faster.

Absolutely not! I'm 20 and I have noticed that my perception of time started to increase faster by around second half of last year and has skyrocketed to ridiculous pace from January onward! Seriously! Days pass by like caramel bombons.

As much as people here try to deny it, I believe our collective perception of time is changing. To faster.

I had to comment on this thread. What she brought up is exactly what I feel.

And don't tell me it's my age.

No,it has nothing to do with our age,I don't believe at any rate.

I think you are on to something there "I believe our collective perception of time is changing. To faster"

Maybe it's influenced by events that we seem to be hurdling toward at alarming rates,like this 2012/October 28th 2011 thing,our global economic situation etc..things like that. Time seems to be moving faster. Period.

Good post.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Open2Truth

I think many are experiencing similar perceptions - I know I am.

I've actually studied a number of different time theories, some are fascinating. One of them is that time flows along a torus-like geometry (think donut) - and that our current era is where time spirals down into the center of the "donut hole" - and that just like the tip of a tornado the quality of time is changing. Timewave theory is also fascinating.

Hang in there - were all on the same ride - glad to be sharing it with y'all.

Love this reply could you be onto something.

May sound mad but imagine this is true and in space terms were being sucked towards a BLACKHOLE and that is why space appears to be expanding faster than the speed of light.

Remember nothing not even light is fast enougth to escape a black hole so this suggests that what ever a blackhole is it swallows faster than the speed of light.

Who knows what could be on the other side. May be this has happened before to mankind in the past.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion

Exactly!

S&F

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

Could it perhaps be that a young mind/brain has lesser information in it and will therefore be a bigger "hole/dent" in the timeline to fill, and therefor the time seems to go slower, since time has a longer way to pass in/through ones mind.
With age, more information is accumulated and therefor time will pass faster since it does not have to do such a big "dip" in ones mind.
Perhaps the mind has an effect in spacetime just like a mass in general. Slowing down time when it is more "open". The older we get the more we fill up our minds, thus making time pass faster.
I have painted an example of this, to make it a little bit easier to understand what I am thinking.

Could someone please tell me how I post a picture?
(worked it out)

edit on 5-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: Adding picture

edit on 5-9-2011 by LiberalSceptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I have just the opposite problem. It feels like everything takes forever.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
i totally agree, this year has gone amazingly fast. every year seems to be getting faster. just think three months till Christmas!!! :O

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Have you painted your house recently or changed the colour of something you look at frequently ?

Colour and (and other changes in sensory input) can alter perception of time quite drastically.

Plus, age does have an effect, i'm 42 and it is very different to 10 years ago, although what you are describing does sound more pronounced.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
According to Einstein's theory of relativity the faster you go the slower time will move for you, in relation to the speed of light. So if the motion of our universe is slowing down from the effects of gravity from the moment of the big bang then time it's self is speeding up in relation to that slow down.

I'm not saying for certain that this is what we are all experiencing, but it is an interesting idea. The problem is that we are trapped with in the 4th dimension of time and therefor in theory can't really perceive it's pace, as we are all locked with in it.

In all likelihood the feeling that time is speeding up is really just in our minds, but a sure way to reverse this would be to get into a really hot sports car and drive crazy fast, you might actually get a fraction of a second more out of your seconds, if that makes sense.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I've felt it, I really don't think it has to a lot do with age, maybe a small part of it, but for me there seems to be something else to it.

Has anyone looked at a clock lately and felt like the seconds were going too fast, only to realize it's not? It happened to me today
edit on 5-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Time is speeding up.
It seems like only yesterday, I was a young buck with my life
laid out ahead of me. A lovely wife (still is!) and baby son who
made me sneak into his room in the wee-small hours just so
I could come to terms with the idea of 'Gosh- I did that!'

He begins his second term at University soon.

There are lines on my hands now and my fringe seems to have
migrated towards my neck, My knees are knobbly and 'my-kinda-
music' are played on radio stations that enjoy 'easy listening'

I WAS A WARRIOR -FOR GOD'S SAKE!
Big arms, a swagger and thighs to die for.
Now I pee sitting down and find myself perusing magazines that offer
nasal-hair trimmers and sleep-eazzee matresses.

Where has time gone?
Oh well, back to bed.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
The most reasonable theory that I've ever seen, although it's distastefully as I pass through my latter forties, is that it's all based upon perception and basic math. LiberalSceptic was close with their answer, but it has less to do with "knowledge" and more to do with time experienced.

The theory goes like this; to a four year old, one year represents 25% of their life experience, so that year is perceived to be significantly "longer" than to a forty year old where that same year represents 2.5% of life experience. Because each successive year represents a lessening portion of total life experience, they perceptually seem "shorter."

Also repetitive routines add to this perception, i.e. a very regimented work schedule, work responsibility, etc. Nothing like going to work and realizing you've done the exact same thing for the last ten years with little variation.

Unfortunately, I've come to the conclusion that the only things that alter this perception are events that catastrophically alter our schedule, and rattle our perception of events in our life, i.e. death of a loved one, major accidents, sever life changing events, pretty much all the things we *don't* want to perceive as passing slowly...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius
If you've been watching the Lasco C3 camera view of the SOHO Telescope recently you will have noticed an odd black ribbon trailing from Venus.

Odd black ribbon coming back from that planet.

As the planet has moved across the view of SOHO we've watched there is also a black ribbon in FRONT of Venus as well....odd.

Go out at and look at the Milky Way. Notice the big black spot of nothingness in the middle of the milky way? That's the center of our Galaxy.

We are passing thru a strong magnetic emission of the black hole hole in the center of our galaxy. The gravitational forces are speeding up time. This world is ending...and a new one will start as we pass thru this area...and time will slow down.

Time is relevant to the observer. Currently the observer is being whipped around on the outer edge of a spiral of the galaxy...it's this portion of the spiral that kicks around all the stars. You are feeling the effects of the increased gravitational forces spinning up the atoms in your body.

Why does the number 3:11 always come up? At 3:11 is when the gravitational forces from the center of the Galaxy are strongest pulling the Earth as we revolve on our axis. This is when Time/Space have their most power on Earth. And it's at that time when most of the "paranormal" activity is.

ummmmm.....okay. not sure a lot of that made any scientific sense. Firstly, the center of the milky way, from our perspective is very bright, very bright. any dark specks or blurs you see are dust shadows/dust clouds.
and to say "Currently the observer is being whipped around on the outer edge of a spiral of the galaxy" - well, that is where we have always been. Our position and conditions and g-forces are constant, with any changes being very minor over the span of hundreds of thousands of years. the world is not ending. and the gravitational tug from the center of the galazy is the same at 3:11 as it is any other time of day. It isnt as though the galaxy knows what time it is in what time zone

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by graphuto

Okay, so I have to ask - why the age of 25? I have been feeling this for the past few years... and I'm 28. I think it started when I was maybe 23-24, but this past year or so especially has been crazy.

However, for me, it is not simply a matter of time seemingly speeding up. Sometimes it slows down too. It's like reality can be very thick sometimes (for want of a better term), and other times it seems very fluid. I made a pretty big move at the end of April, and suddenly it's September and I'm wondering what happened. It's not like it took four whole months to get settled in... and actually time seemed to creep by when I first got here. Since about June or so, every time I turn around, another week has gone by. I feel like I have no time for anything and even when I try to consciously manage my time, it doesn't work. Time is flying by.

Perhaps there is something to it, and I don't believe it to be just "aging" - I'm 28 for Pete's sake! I feel like reality itself is changing. And again, I don't think it's just that time is speeding up. Sometimes I can be working, and I'll get a whole lot done, feeling like I've been working long enough to take a break - then look at the clock and see only 5 minutes has passed. Other times I'll get to doing something, and I'll have spent 3 hours on it even though it only feels like 5 minutes. So for me, it's going both ways. More often than not, time passes quickly though.

And now after typing this post, I realize that in a mere 2 weeks, I'll be 29. Damn. Where did the time go? Before I know it I'll be 30.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join