It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ErgoTheConfusion
[more
Thankyou, your right, i KNOW this isnt me getting older, something is different.
And you reminded me, i must go back to Paris before the world ends,

I love that city. Wonder if i can get an OAP half price ticket

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You have to check out Coast to Coast AM...Art Bell/ George Noorey on the topic the " Quicking". They've been talking about this for years. And Yes I to notice, the older you are the faster time flys by...seems sad. I remember when I was a kid ...summers lasted for ever...now I look at this year and this passing summer...OMG its gone....everything and everyone is going so much faster...I don't feel is a good thing either.
All the Best...hug the Kids!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by free_spirit_earth

I would suggest you all watch this doco from Ian Lungold, he talks about how time is a illusion and that it's not time speeding up but in fact our consciousness is accelerating at a higher rate of manifestation in accordance with the mayan calendar as we head into Dec 21 2012 it gets so fast it becomes unbelievable. Watch this doco and everything will make more sense. Peace & Oneness.

Yes good documentaries, must watch for all. His date isn't 2012 though, it's October 28th this year so we are in his universal stage that he describes.

And it's like I said, this isn't relevant to doctors wife. I think she has too much in her basket.
edit on 5-9-2011 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
I love Xmas time, so if time's speeding up, then I say BRING IT ON!

Dang I just lost a minute trying to figure out what to write for a 2nd line

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

she said it was "relative" not "relevant" .

It is both to the extent that it even exists, which it may not.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

i think it's the theory of relativity at work - the first day of your life, that first 24 hours, was your entire life up to that point.... the next 24 hours was half of your known existence so that day seemed shorter to you.... you don't realize these things until you get old and a day is just a very small fraction of your entire life's history.

Maybe you have felt a similar feeling when you go on a long car trip to somewhere for the first time (for me it was the summer vacation in a 4 hour car ride) and it seemed like forever... well the next summer, i knew where we were going and the ride seemed much shorter.

maybe that's the case...

but i have also heard that the earth's frequency is increasing and vibrating faster but I have never measure it myself...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ErgoTheConfusion

Originally posted by CanuckTruthSeeker
I know the feeling but its time that is going fast, its just our busy schedules. People used to have more time in their lives. Now it seems you always have somewhere to be, or something to do. Sometimes I just stop and look around, and see everyone running doing whatever you have to do. You would be surprised sometimes how rarely one actually stops doing something and takes the time to just take a breath and enjoy that exact moment

Except I have less in my life now to distract me. I have begun meditating and constantly take time to take a breath and enjoy the moment (I go visit the creek behind work during work a couple of times a day while at work).

Not everyone who is experiencing this have busy schedules or are too wrapped up in "day to day" life or TV. I don't watch or even own TV, I have no children, I have no significant social demands that aren't at my whim, no family demands, reasonable work hours, and plenty of time to sit and contemplate and just... watch.

And I feel all of us swooshing along quicker and quicker. In fact, it seems to me that those who *aren't* noticing this are the ones who are still with their heads down so focused on chasing politics, sports, money, etc that haven't picked up on it yet. Even this isn't consistent of course since everyone's path is different... just a trend.

Perhaps you know the feeling on a surface level, but haven't stopped enough to pay attention to it the way those of us who *have* slowed down in response to the sensation have. I specifically quit my former job, sold virtually everything, and finally moved to my "dream location" partially because of what I started to sense happening around me.

Namaste Friend.
edit on 5-9-2011 by ErgoTheConfusion because: (no reason given)

Ergo, your experience is exactly like mine. My kids are older, i have a part time job, make plenty of time for myself and have never been this chilled in my life, yet time is speeding by me at an incredible rate.
The people who keep saying "everyones perception of time is different" or "its because your getting older" or "your life is too busy take some time out", really really have no idea about what im talking about here.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Time is perceived to be accelerating as we move closer to the Singularity.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedoctorswife
Firstly, i dont make many threads, so mods i hope ive posted this in the right forum
Ive got to get this out , just to see if anyone else is experiencing the same as me. This has been a "situation" that has pestered me for the last few years.
LIiterally, it feels as thought time is speeding up at an incredible pace in my world. I know that some say that the older you get the faster time seems to be going by. But i cant believe it goes this fast.
Im seeing a friend this week who i havent seen for six weeks, and it feels like a week, last Sunday feels like a day or two ago, my life is flying past me.
Its really bizarre and i hope i dont sound like im nuts. Has it affected anyone else? Perhaps its just my imagination, but it feels real.

I've felt the same thing, and i'm 32. This summer flew by for me so fast i couldnt hardly believe it. Yeah i definately know the feeling. Hopefully its not a prelude to alzheimers or dementia, because if it is i'm in the same boat you are.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I feel the same way about time speeding up. However, I have a theory about it.

I think we are nearing the end of the world. Think of it like water going down a drain. The closer it gets to the drain, the faster the revolution of the water. In essence, time is going faster because we are getting close to the drain, per se...

Or maybe I'm just crazy.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Fair enough I just assumed your life was busy.

When people say time is speeding up, it's actually creation. It's hard to flow with creation in our current system, it's very rampant so we feel overwhelmed. This creates stress, same as when you are at work and more work just keeps being dumped on your table repeatedly, more and more as life goes on.

There is another state where time doesn't exist at all, that could be said as your intuition. There is no stress, no mind, no problems. Please try get into that state by having a clear mind and staring at something you wouldn't normally notice the fine details of. That would give you an example of how time can really slow down and basically be non-existent. You can't be in that state when you think.

You don't have to be busy in life, you may think you are calm nowadays, but your mind may be pre-occupied without you even knowing.

I can only really talk for myself, and time is very slow for me. It used to just fly by but now that I can control my mind to some extent, it's much better. It's still not easy to do, some might say impossible.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CanuckTruthSeeker
reply to post by LiberalSceptic

Ya but even ten years ago i felt like the days seemed longer myself. But i know that there is just as much time in the day as there was when I was a kid, its just a matter of perception. I take two points in my life and compare them during the present and i can kind of get an idea of why time seems to go faster sometimes.
I will say again this is just personal experience. When I am at a point in life where I have no goals, or something i feel I am working at to achieve time flys by. Compared to when I am working towards something, or planning ahead I am keeping myself aware of time, so that awareness allows it to slow.

Well my friend I can not argue about what you yourself are feeling. Only you know that.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by seedofchucky

time is relative to your experinces
positive experinces make time go faster...
negative experinces make it go slower...
heance the clock at work....
nothing weird is happening with time
your aging and notice it more now ...accept

nope, I am going thru a very negative experience, have been going thru this for almost 3 years. Time is flying...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by shoeshiner

Yes, im really not busy at all, but never bored, ever, i can always find things to do, aside from this site, ive never got my nose out of a book. And thats why its so frustrating, because my personal situation could really not be better. Its bizarre, its feel like a few months away that i was taking the kids to a fireworks display for guy fawkes night, November 5th is only two months away, i can still smell the chemicals from the fireworks, and feel my annoyance at not being able to find anywhere to park.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
Wait it just came to me, maybe you are in your intuition and when you wake up time has flown by

Edit to your recent post... I don't know, I guess I also get time lapses, maybe it's after you come out of this calmed relaxed state.
edit on 5-9-2011 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
There's no such thing as time - time as we see it is merely "existence" that has been partitioned based on a geocentric viewpoint. There is evolution and erosion - "long periods" of "time" that are observable in their occurrence only. That is to say, we only realize that any time has gone by precisely because we've observed gradual changes in the fossil and geologic record.

Daily time is a matter of our egocentric view of the universe stemming from how long it takes the earth to rotate on its axis and likewise revolve around the sun. But these are completely arbitrary. If Mars had been the planet of civilization in this solar system, "time" would come to mean something completely different. Time is change and/or distance. There is nothing more to it.

As far as your perception of the speeding up of time, I would caution against the banalities of today's lifestyle. TV shows, internet devices, mindless tasks, video games, celebrity scandal...Perhaps even ATS. All of these things, when not done in moderation, end up transporting your mind from what I guess the Buddhists would call "presence" and then the present is not actually "lived in", so it becomes fleeting because you are not paying attention to it. I think I'm probably a hypocrite here, but that doesn't mean I can't call a spade a spade.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
I really think it is because are lives are consumed with mindless drivel wake up rush to get ready goto work the days fly's by get home unwind eat relax bam its midnight, our lives need change there is no need to work so much for nothing but debt we live terrible slave programmed lifestyles imho.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I've been thinking this for ages now, and made a post a while back, thinking that someone, somewhere is messing with time. I find the more I try to fit into 1 day, the quicker the day goes. I dont tend to sit about and do nothing, I always have to be doing something, I dont watch TV, just been on a long camping weekend away (no net, no wireless etc) and still it went so fast!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
heres a theory, sorry if its been mentioned already

Maybe its not time thats changing, maybe we are changing.

I know when Im at work, and I think about other things, not related to work, time goes by really fast, cause im distracted.

Maybe as a society were all just really distracted, so we perceive time as going faster.

If you dont believe me, think about how many social media sites your a part of, or how many texts you send, hours you spend watching tv, time you spend listening to your ipod. etc.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by seridium
I really think it is because are lives are consumed with mindless drivel wake up rush to get ready goto work the days fly's by get home unwind eat relax bam its midnight, our lives need change there is no need to work so much for nothing but debt we live terrible slave programmed lifestyles imho.

I dont think i do though necessarily, thats the frustration, i only have a part time job, and even though i enjoy a little television, my personal situation isnt really banal. But I totally agree with you, when my kids were babies, i had a full time job also, and there didnt seem to be enough hours in the day, this is something totally and completely different.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join