It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something weird is happening with time, or am I going mad?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
slow time only lasts till you're about 16
then you're on real time - and real time goes by really quickly
around 30 to 40 years old you'll hit fast time... and you're still writing the date from 2 years ago

personally, I think I'm on super-fast time
I blinked, and it was 10 years later....

"September 2011??? LIES!!!! its only 2003, I demand you adjust accordingly!"

I figured out the best way to slow time though - do something unpleasant
time will seem to drag on forever! although.... even doing housework seems to go by in a blink these days

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I'm 21
and time definitely feels like its been going by faster

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I will just add this .Picture a train moving in a straight line ,it's speed is constant .as the train goes around a bend it appears to speed up even though its speed is the same.Basically we are all going round the bend

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
I'm 30 years old. When I was like 12 I remember coming from school, doing some homework (or not), having something to bite and then I went to a basketball court with friends. I remember playing like for hours.. I went home and had like almost half of the day left..

And just yesterday my Brother told me that it's almost Winter again and I immediately thought that something has changed.. Sure we have jobs now, duties etc..

But what happened to the time frame I had for myself. It just vanished

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
You could watch this doco on youtube called The Quickening. "The Quickening" will explain why so many people have been experiencing the sensation that "Time is Speeding Up"

Maybe you will find it interesting.

www.youtube.com...

"The Quickening" was produced by Awakening As One

edit on 5-9-2011 by Waratah because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-9-2011 by Waratah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   
At first I was really hesitant to post this as some might deem me a nutcase. But tbh I’m ok with that 

I have had some pretty strange experiences recently both with dreaming and through the use of a traditional tribal brew used to induce visions.

Please note that the dreams came first, and I was pretty blown away when the same theme/concept cropped up during my experience with the brew.

Dream:
I was walking though a field when suddenly a strong wind came out of nowhere. I looked up and it was lowing the clouds above me. I saw the moon in the sky (you know how sometimes its in the sky during the day) Anyway the moon started moving, and I was freaking out. I then realised it was the earth speeding up. It got so fast that I turned to light as did everything else. The world looked similar but I was a light frequency. I could dart from one point to a point anywhere in the world within the blink of an eye (actually that’s how I was controlling it)

I was messing around with this for a while until I ended up in a great hall where there were a number of people standing in a circle. They said I should join them. This is when I realised they were not light, but rather flesh. I asked what had happened and they replied that the world had successfully moved the next plane, that of light. We had speed up so fast that we were all vibrating at a higher frequency, that of light.
They then proceeded to say that we should have noticed time speeding up and had an inkling that this would eventually happen. I was jaw droppingly flabbergasted and I think I was so shocked that I woke up.

Psychedelic experience:
A good year later and I’m sitting on the floor of a traditional hut somewhere in the Amazon. I drink what tastes like ass in liquid form. Blah blah blah chat chat chat, cut to around 3hrs into my experience. And low and behold I’m walking in the same fiend from my dream. Bare in mind this is like a year later and I had completely forgot the dream. But here I was reliving it. Everything happened the same, except when I got to the place with the people standing in a circle they were all light too. They said the same thing, but went on to say that its getting closer and we need to be ready, ready for what I asked? “TO LET GO”

Take what you will from this, ridicule my experience if that’s what you do when you don’t understand things. But please remember that for me this was the most confounding experience ever and I completely attribute the worlds feeling that time is speeding up to the fact that we are truly on the verge of a step into the future.

Peace, Love, Light

PW

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
funny i was thinking this last night in bed. How fast it is going, it is getting faster and faster... Too fast. I remember reading in some prophecy somewhere that in the end days time would speed up...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I've only read the first page to forgive me if I'm repeating something someone else has said, but I've had the exact opposite.
While I agree that the days are going by pretty quickly, I've had moments where everything has sped down to such a degree I thought I must be going crazy, or there was something wrong with me, or something was messed up in my head.
More specifically, I could be listening to music or watching TV then all of a sudden everything slows right down, the music is playing slowly, words are being spoken slowly, like my whole life is being passed through some thick soup

I should probably add that I have never been on medication or tranqs or anything that could attribute to this weirdness
edit on 5-9-2011 by Lulzaroonie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Hey there

I have been wondering about this too, in a very long time. And many times I was going to make a thread, just like you.

But as you said, that time is "speeding up" as you grow older.
Well, everyone I have asked about this, is saying yes, the time goes very fast these days.

My mom, my dad, all my friends. All say the same, and its all different ages.

Its the last 1-2 years that have been so fast.
I find it really odd.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No you're not imagining things.
We are all going mad, as the 2nd post states.
It is clear to me that our general perception of 'time' has altered radically in the last 10 years or so.
Only it happens gradually, over the course of years, until one day you make a comparison with a memory or whatever & you think 'everything's happening much faster these days'.
I have spoken with many people on this subject & it is generally agreed that our PERCEPTION of time has altered, but also things ARE happening faster.
Maybe the one can influence the other?

The religious among us see this as a sign of the coming 'rapture', ok that's their point of view.
Myself, i think it's the birth of a true 'global conciousness' for the human race, it could be the beginning of a transition from a 'type 0' civilization to a 'type 1', which would be a 'rapture' of sorts.
Think of Earth as one day being like the planet Vulcan

We are evolving, nonetheless (although i don't subscribe to classical evolution theory a-la Darwin) we are changing our environment, both physically & emotionally, and as a result we ourselves are changing.
I hope it all works out, i think common sense will prevail, but it ill be a tough journey for those of us not 'flexible' enough to keep up.....
S&F.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
I think it is ATS, that makes time speed up. Every time I read a few posts another hour is gone.

To be more serious: When I was aged ten a year made 10% of my life, ten years later a year was only 5% and it's becoming less and less in relation to my age.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Yep, when you are sitting in a boring lecture and the time seems to be flying by, you know something is wrong, because usually a boring lecture seems to never end. I'm hearing you brother.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Perhaps this has to do with it?

www.whale.to...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

I am experiancing just the opposite. I'll do a task that I feel will take a hour and be done with it in 30-40 minutes.

But I think I'm just running out of things to keep myself busy. I'm sure that once I find a job, time will fly again.

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

just my opinion but, time has always moved fast, so fast, that it never stops! ask any old person how time flies and you will find that it is not just isolated to you or this time period, but has pretty much always been like this.

its about relativity, dig this:

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity." - Albert Einstein

so enjoy the time that you have, as you said its moving fast

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
I feel this effect, definitely. So, are all my friends. It feels like this summer is going by like nothing, and that the whole of last year did. I was just counting I had 40 days left till this event, now it is just 2 weeks away.. I can't believe the time is passing this fast. I hope it doesn't speed up any faster or I won't be able to enjoy it!

Heck, I'll probably have a flashback to this thread when it is already next summer and this upcoming school year goes past like nothing...

help!

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   
My life now runs to 3 songs....

" happy b'day to you, happy b'day to you ".....

"oh jingle bells, jingle bells "..... then

" should auld aquentance be forgot and never braught to mind" ...

and there gettin quicker...

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
yes i think time is going by way to fast. i cant explain it. dont know if its just what happens when you get older or if there is a reason behind it. ive often wondered if passing by a black hole would slow time down for us on earth or if sence the universe is expanding if thats why time feels like its speeding up or if we too are expanding with the universe if its only relative.
edit on 5-9-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

but i have noticed it more this year than any other. maybe the more info we have in our brains the faster time goes?
edit on 5-9-2011 by SpunGCake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

edit on 5-9-2011 by cataalex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 5 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Time is not actually a real thing though... They are saying now that time is just your individual perception of the order of things happening.... If that makes sense...

ever notice that when you are really bored time goes by slower than when you are having fun?

It's all about perception... Sounds like you could use a break. Is your life really busy?

If you can, go on vacation or something.... It might help.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join