It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

They are already drugging fighter pilots with uppers so they can fly more hours. They might be offering coc aine soon to ground troops and just slapping a different label on it.

The military industrial complex is evil. They'll do anything they have to and everyone is fair game. This is what sociopaths and psychopaths do because they are unable to feel another's pain.

They do feel that current soldiers are weak and aren't worth spending any more money on. Make no mistake about it -- terminators and super soldiers are not fictional. Where human soldiers are the pawns, these will be the knights and rooks. I won't even go into who the bishops will be. You get the picture.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. .

I agree 110% by this statement.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by afghanibullrider

That's sheer arrogance, no matter which way you look at it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Wow, eight deployments and your saying he probably didn't belong in the Army! I tip my hat to the man for so many years of going through hell! I just feel bad that he ended his life instead of trying harder to deal with what he had seen, done and shouldn't have done!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

They have been drugging soldiers for years ....years and years infact during the first world war you were able to walk into a very well known london high street store and buy baskets of drugs to send out to troops in the trenches and boy did you get a selection in them baskets they even provided needles so you could inject the herion that came in them after the war we found out that the germans had tons of coc aine that there soldiers were using so we took all that as spoils of war thats why the 20's were called the swinging 20's because most of the population was high on cheep coke

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

Apparently you have never been in the military....when your orders come , you can't just say , gee, I don't like the weather there, just send me somewhere else. If you want to question going to a combat zone for the ninth time , question those in control of the military. I spent just two tours in Viet Nam, not in a combat M.O.S., and that was enough.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
9 tours would be 9 years of constant combat. wtf. that's fighting world war 2 twice. bin laden is dead. case closed.

what's he still doing in afghanistan.

fighting for pussy's like bush and obama who are too cowardly to pull their own triggers and do their own fighting is not worth even thinking about.

to kill and die for them is stupid. fight for family, fight for friends and when foreign troops are dropping soldiers in your city, then fight for your neighbor and life.

that is the only time war is justified.

but what americans don't understand or want to understand is that you're the foreign troops, dropping soldiers in their city's, and their the ones fighting for their lives.

sending good people, which americans are, to other peoples homes to kill them, goes against everything america stands for.

edit on 14-8-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

Yeah, it really makes you rethink the whole War on Drugs and how things actually go down. Pure hypocracy and propaganda. Not only do drugs increase physical endurance, but they deaden your senses and emotions. This is still not a perfect cure for the natural human condition because drugs wear off. This is why they need killer robots and super soldiers who will be devoid of emotions and can go like the Energizer bunny. I'm sure fixing them is cheaper than a bullet proof vests,helmets, and other protective gear. Plus, you don't have to offer them free education, counseling, healthcare, or an enlistment bonus.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
To no one specific just my opinion…

Everyone is different, every military person is different, and every deployment is different and so on and so on… NO ONE but him and those that were deployed with him knows what he went through it has nothing to do with politics, nothing to do with how the military is, nothing to do with any of that BS. It is not so easy to get out of the military especially when you have a family because there are consequences to your actions in so many aspects. It is abandonment if he were to leave before his time was up and many people who get in and are in for so long, they are worse when they get into the real world anyway. Especially in today’s economy when it is hard to find a job in general and most military that are long term, can never retire fully they always have to work even if it is just mowing someone’s lawns. But the biggest point is EVERYONE has a breaking point period. His just came early and unexpected and it had a very sad ending but it is no one’s business, and it’s not fair to group all military into categories because just as with any group there are individuals within said group. His family has enough to go through without people ranting about how the livelihood that took care of him and his family for so long is wrong and other horrible irrelevant comments. It is not the job but the situations that cause these sorts of issues and unfortunately the situations are out of most of the serving men and women’s hands. This is a sad story but as stated no one but those that were with him knows what he went through in his career and no one but his family knows what brought him to ending his life but that is their business and his choice. No one knows if the same circumstances would have happened even if he has not been in the service. There is usually a bigger issue that is triggered by an event such as having to face war that causes such drastic actions. No one knows but him…and those that were close to him.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The thrill of the illusion that you're protecting freedom?

Boredom?

A steady job?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Yeah doesn't it just but then we all know what the government say and what they really do are two different things altogether we had most of china hooked on opium at one point and then started a war with them when they told us they didn't want us to ship that stuff to them anymore but we wernt going to do that the sale of drugs is big money and the revenue has been funding wars for along time

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
statistically speaking the suicide rate is still lower for soldiers than in the general civilian population. If it's rising it's not because the 'horrors of war' are becoming any more horrible its just that the standards for potential recruits has changed and now young men that are unable and ill equipped to deal with the reality of warfare are being rapidly trained and sent straigt to afghanistan.

At least 128 soldiers killed themselves last year, and the Army suicide rate surpassed that for civilians for the first time since the Vietnam War, according to Army statistics.
The suicide count, which includes soldiers in the Army Reserve and the National Guard, is expected to grow; 15 deaths are still being investigated, and the vast majority of them are expected to be ruled suicides, Army officials said. Including the deaths being investigated, roughly 20.2 of every 100,000 soldiers killed themselves. The civilian rate for 2006, the most recent figure available, was 19.2 when adjusted to match the demographics.

nytimes.com

9 tours in 7 years as a Ranger.

I feel sorry for this guy but he probably shouldn't have been in the army in the first place.

Sometimes it's just better to not open your mouth.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Napalmvanity
To no one specific just my opinion…

But the biggest point is EVERYONE has a breaking point period. His just came early and unexpected and it had a very sad ending

His came early and unexpected? Stop fooling yourself. Did you read the article? His wife was saying how all he did was cry. So, you also think that he should've been able to go, say, maybe five more times until he broke?

Yes, everyone is different. Maybe you should call the military and tell them this so they'll stop treating everyone the same.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So report it...............I don't care about any of them.
I stand by what I said, they mean nothing to me, our troops do.

You don't care about someone because they were born in another country? Patriotism at its finest.

>"They mean nothing to me," is another way if saying you would be perfectly fine with 6 billion people dropping dead.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   

I never understood why vets wore poppies pinned to their shirts in rememberance. This always seemed like the government's inside joke regarding the war and heroine/opium. It's as if they designed this pin, then sit back and laugh to themselves
edit on 14-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, [color=limegreen]1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

....Really? ..........Seriously dude? How can you even say that?

I could spend 20 minutes ranting about your arrogant mentality, your ignorance, how brainwashed you are, how much of a disgrace a person who thinks like that is to mankind, but a simple image can express all of those feelings: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e4b845c46c32.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   

I never really thought about it that way
We were always told it was because poppys were all that would grow in the soil on the battle fields and the red was ment to represent the blood spilled in those fields but since you have put it that way it really makes me think maybe there is more to it then that
But as jokes go that's pretty sick
edit on 14-8-2011 by Mahatmacoat because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:37 PM
link   
It is a horrible day when one of our own chooses to end his own life. The sacrifices he made for our country are enough to garner my respect. I feel sorry for his wife. Sticking by her husband through 8 tours and being unable to help him in his time of greatest need. I can't even begin to imagine her pain. For those who say she has some 'political agenda', I say bull****. Losing someone you love, by suicide or any other means, is one of the worst pains imaginable. I can only believe that she put her story out in order to save others from the pain that she will feel for the rest of her life for being unable to help her husband cope with what must have been unimaginable horrors.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

I'm glad I could help you see it a different way. My thinking my not be correct, but it's the first thing that came to my mind once I learned about Vietnam and how the climate is perfect for growing poppies. Then, when I saw a vet for the first time wearing one of those pins, I felt sorry for him. I'd never known about the pins before and all of a sudden he appeared to be the butt of some cruel joke.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Damnit,that is just awful. I hate that.

Ladies and gentlemen,I sometimes say,that I will never join the military because I tried to avoid doing things that comes with a risk of Mental health issues.

Meh,this thread makes me sad.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join