It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

I think you make a big stink against liberal democrats who are trying their best without any help from the President to end these wars. You also degrade them every chance you get and call people communists and accuse them of wanting a nanny state when they try to push agendas that will help provide food, housing and publicly provided and assisted mental and health care for men and women like this.
You think the neo-cons or even your tea party friends are pushing and fighting tooth and nail for better body amour and basics like showers that will not electrocute the men?
You think they are the ones fighting so his head injuries and mental illness is not seen as a weakness he should have been discharged for. You think even if he couldn't hack it and finally left service and was wandering the streets any one would help this man? How do you think he feels when he comes home and hears people fighting over his right to food stamps and public assistance?
Everyone who gets nannied is not a fat lazy baby making welfare beach or a man just too lazy to work. Many of these homeless men and women you see wandering the streets are people just like this man only without the gumption to kill themselves. They are just waiting to die. These are the people you say want 'babysitting" and the liberals are the only ones left who are willing to do the baby-sitting. You fight for a tea-party that wants to keep sending these men into war indefinitely and cut their public assisted services when they return.
Now you are pretending to care when it is just one man? Isn't this a little hypocritical? Your friends want to leave people like this to their own devices. Let them fend for themselves. It is all pretty disgraceful but you keep bashing liberals as if you know what you are talking about.

edit on 14-8-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

I hold on to my beliefs with an open hand that way im always willing to look at things from a different point of view but yeah it did make me think about it
For a vietnam vet tho makes it even worse considering the C.I.A were shipping tons of heroin out of laos to keep the farmers sweet in U.S helicopters and flying it into vietnam by the end of the war a 3rd of the U.S army were heroin addicts.
Now that really does make the poppy pin in bad taste for those guys

link   
reply to post by neo96

God crap? obviously he believed in God are you out to bash him for his beliefs as well?

It's seriously pathetic how ATS'ers bash threads because they see the G word in a post and the OP wasnt even talking about God, the guy who took his life was talking about it...you guys are getting old with your God insults
edit on 15-8-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

In response to this quote of yours:

1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people
I want you to take a look at the following images and think about what you said, and consider if you would say that to the face of an Iraqi/Afghani: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68a83b64de88.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d525e2092c11.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9336db33b168.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f51083dd9d70.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/519f22d55947.jpg[/atsimg] [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76f9652a0abc.jpg[/atsimg] They are people too, but it's clear that you don't see them as equals. That's OK though, because hopefully on your deathbed, you'll think long and hard about the way you've lived your life and you'll have a heartbreaking epiphany that your hateful way of life was all wrong and you'll die filled with regret and sorrow.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

Your right, I would pick any of those people over any soldier of the US of A

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
See, folks. This is what it come down to.
The mighty propaganda machine has people believing that someone HAS to die. It's going to be you or him/her, so make your choice.

People who have bought these lies have two problems:
1. They fear death
2. They need to be told what to think

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve. It's time for Obama and Congress to grow a pair. Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition. It's doable counter to what a lot of the arm chair do gooders here would suggest, simply remove the PC ROE we have now, and release the dogs of war. Either wipe them off the face of the map, or end it by coming home, but enough is enough. Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

What a disgrace. You are the aggressors, the invaders, the infidels who have murdered
millions of innocents in the US and UK false and contrived wars.
Anti-American scum eh?
Anti-diabolical Behaviours and Acts more like. And I know it is the politicians and their
backers war, but soldiers sign up voluntarily. Most are probably decent humans beforehand
and the ones who take their own lives cannot escape their consciences and the knowledge
of the wrongs they have committed in the (contrived) name of freedom.
One of your soldiers is worth more than the 500,000(?) innocent children that your soldiers
have butchered in the first place? Bravo!! You sure have earned those stars.
I wonder is God on your side?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

I admire your belief that an open mind is best and different ideas are good.
We're here to learn. Not kill or maim.
People believe that everything is black or white. Somewhere between love and hate exists tolerance.

edit on 15-8-2011 by Afterthought because: Going off now to have that dream about the military surrounding the White House. Good talking to you!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
You know what I dont get...why doesnt any countries try and stop the US like Russia, China or anybody...are they scared? I know if I was a leader I woudl tell them to get the hell out of these countries or there would be hell to pay. Just another fact that proves the entire world goes by the same status quo!

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:20 AM
link   
If you want to truly support your troops, Americans, you need to end the scenario where they are losing their lives in pointless, useless conflicts, that have nothing to do with national security or defending freedom; that they are sent into by cowardly, hypocritical, psychopathic civilian politicians, who will never in their lives have to put their own heads on the block.

The insane attitude that it is treason to question the legitimacy of these conflicts has to end. You apparently care more about maintaining the belief that your government can do no wrong, than you do about the lives of your soldiers. The most important thing you can do for a soldier's wellbeing, is to make sure that he is not put into a situation where he is forced to kill or be killed in the first place.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
I would have to say just one thing about this thread and many others, it just reaffirms my belief that we need to get along as human beings before we can consider ourselves a intelligent species . We can’t even get along and come to a common understanding with each other as a nation let alone another country or people. Yeah the people in these countries may not be the best either but were not really setting a good example ourselves either. It amazes me that through all our history, with all our technology, the diseases we’ve cured, the discoveries we’ve found and we still can’t get along on this little rock. Were divided by a tribal type of mentality that creates far too much false belief and suspicions towards one another that will keep wars and other conflicts that hold us back on going far after our lives have ended. Denying ignorance should be the only war we as a people should be involved in. for all of those who think that this is unreachable and a pipe dream, you’re right if your unwilling to be on board, something like this would requires everyone to be involved to make it work.
Maybe that is what brought this man down, the understanding of the hate that we all carry in our hearts.

edit on 15-8-2011 by minesweeper because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-8-2011 by minesweeper because: gramar

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

I agree and like that your post preceded mine, that’s two people so far. How about we start thinking up ideas on how to improve the situations rather than argue back and forth about them.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve.

If I had a dollar for every time I've been given this speech...

Just so that you know, as civilians, when we are repeatedly given said speech, (almost word for word) it doesn't shame us into silence. It doesn't cause us to believe that our own position is erroneous. It in fact only causes our level of contempt for you to increase, as well as causing us to wonder if, maybe you really are the mindless, canine/human hybrid cannon fodder that Kissinger once described you as.

We are trying to save your lives. If you weren't so busy reflexively impersonating Colonel Quarritch, and paternalistically condescending us, you might actually be able to figure that out.

Maybe you're right. Maybe we should just shut up. Maybe we should just allow the corporate oligarchy to keep deploying you, to one endless, pointless war after another, until all your friends have been killed one by one, and then either you yourself are, or you commit suicide yourself because your mind is that shattered that you can't take it any more, or the government throws you on the garbage heap because you've become excessively disabled and it has no more use for you.

Is that what you'd prefer?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
first i would like too respond, to the statement "that God would not for give him",

He is forgiven.
He loved God,
loved his fellow man,
he could no longer go against,
what he truly believed in.
Believe in me,, said ,,Jesus,,and you will be mine.
Forgiven,,and then some.

Could we not trivialize this event with "forgiveness" and "afterlife"? There is no consolation prize here other than the end of suffering.

Also, if people realized that there's only one chance at consciousness, they most likely wouldn't be so careless with it.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

And yet, people here somehow imagine situations where the army would actually shoot and kill their fellow civilians.

Clearly, military men and women know right from wrong. And they will be there always to defend justice. And when that justice has been culled by the corporate whore of Mammon, well what do you expect to happen?

Proudly I saw, God bless the troops. They deserve more than this crap.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
As a veteran of 18 years, I can only speak for myself. I believe this man needed someone to help him think through the problem, a good counselor. His wife should have mentioned this to his commander. If she had, and assuming he had a good commander, he would be alive and well today. Too often, men think it is macho to not complain. However, the mental stress of combat is abnormal living, and the consequences require exceptional mental relief.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by gentledissident

Or half of the people would become null to life and give up, while the few 30% or so of people that actually make it in life would be all the more motivated.

You should know humanity never goes one way on anything. And to blatantly say that if people thought that they only had one life they would use it better is a lie, because most major religions teach that they have one life, no reincarnation, and straight to hell or heaven after.

Fact is, most people just want to have a family and a decent income and do what they love. For this man, it was defending his nation. Do not blatantly assume religious or nonreligious stereotypes.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TupacShakur

While all humanity is equal in their humanity, beyond their humanity, this is not true. And fact is, I would save a good battalion of soldiers over a whole nation like Iraq. Obviously not one soldier for a whole nation. But the honest truth is that most soldiers, in my eyes, are worth more than most natives outside the US. That's not to discredit those people's humanities. That's simply to say, a well trained US soldier can do more for the world than a few villagers. It's simple priorities, however heartless it may be. War is heartless, and decisions must be made. Unfortunately, civilians are not at the top priority in war. We can boast low civilian casualties and claim to follow this international law or that Geneva convention, etc etc, but if the shtf and Russia or China suddenly ran out of oil and invaded the middle East and demanded the US out and there was no way to win the initial invasion, and I knew that millions of people in the middle east would die if I did not sacrifice but a few hundred thousand US soldiers, you better believe that I'd take out those hundred thousand US soldiers and let millions die, for the sake of not only millions more tomorrow, but my own millions back at home. War sucks, and that's the truth. It's evil, and the cost is your humanity for victory.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

AND
reply to post by Gorman91

Personally I think the life of one innocent Afghani or Iraqi is worth much much more than the life of a mindless drone trained to kill people if they 'make them feel uncomfortable'. I value the life of innocent people over people who are trained to invade, terrorize and completely overturn the lives of innocent people just to get at a few 'tewwowists' or to find non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Seriously people, how on Earth can you people think that the lives of bloody soldiers are worth more than innocent lives abroad? Is it because they are not American, they don't stuff their faces full of food from the moment they are born, slave their lives away in an office, swallow every bit of propaganda the government throws at them and still try and claim they are the greatest nation on Earth? Give me a break.

These 'savages' as you seem to think they are have a better view on life than someone who spends half their lives staring at a TV screen lapping up crap like Rush Limbaugh and worshiping a failing system of Capitalism that has done more to destroy this planet than any 'tewwowist' in a cave could ever do.

Que the "America Hater" and "You're just jealous of our freedoms" punchlines...........
edit on 15/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
You know what I dont get...why doesnt any countries try and stop the US like Russia, China or anybody...are they scared? I know if I was a leader I woudl tell them to get the hell out of these countries or there would be hell to pay. Just another fact that proves the entire world goes by the same status quo!

They are all in on it. The same few individuals/groupings control ever government system
in the world. The players are Queen Elizabeth II and All 'Royalty', The Vatican, The Zionist Jews,
The Rothschilds, Rockefellers, Freemasons etc. It is a twisted system of them few against us
many and guess who always comes out the worst. Political leaders don't make it into these
positions in the first place if they are not on board and bought and paid for. It is therefore no
wonder that no government has come out with their certain knowledge that 9/11 was a contrived
inside job, for example.
We are [SNIP], but we must remember that they are very few and we are very many.
This realisation (along with the knowledge that the main stream media is a
lying, controlled, puppet lapdog) is our only hope.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gemwolf because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join