It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

Rest In Peace...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Well while i'm there re-reading my post why dont you come and join me too as you really didnt seem to get it you seem more pumped up on telling everyone there anti-american there feeding hate campaigns they all hate the us army and this is all adding to the reason that everyone hates america well I for one dont hate your country i admit you have you fair share of problems the same as anywhere in the world but theres a long long list of why other nations hate your country i dont think that this mans death can be used as one of them tho
look im going to leave you now to look for all the fairys and trolls you want as you really dont seem to have the mental capacity to debate anything on any sort of scale without resorting to school boy tactics and name calling

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

And you all seem too focus on him saying "For the things i'v done" and just assume he means people he has killed now i hate to burst anyones bubble here but a lot of stuff happens in war not just killing theres also rape not just of women but men women and children theres murder of innocent people not people caught in the cross fire but out and out murder sometimes just for the sheer hell of it theres torture of poeple sometimes to get information and again sometimes just for the hell of it now from the sounds of it he didnt have a problem with doing his duty it sounds a lttle more to me like he had some really big hang up on something he had done that probably went well beyond his duty but there's only one person who really know's the answer to that question May god have mercy apon his soul

Thats what went through my mind as well...

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

I guess you missed all of the other threads this last week, this is nothing but more of the same and hell yes I'm pissed. There really is nothing to debate, what you said was inflammatory and implied wrong doing on his part without knowing the story, typical. I think I'm done with ATS as it's merely a shell of itself taken over by left wing anti American glad handers, I bid you good day.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

It was the first thing that struck me
Now im not saying he did any of those things maybe he saw them going on and felt responsible for not speaking out to stop them happining or maybe im so far off the mark it's not even funny but I really dont feel the guy is upset for killing in the role of his duty it just seems like it go's a lot deeper then that
But hay thats just my 2 cents
edit on 14-8-2011 by Mahatmacoat because: spelling

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Afterthought

We need more from Dylan reality, thanks for that reminder, cheers.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by neo96

i tell you what is ignorant is defending people who would rather blow you up than look at you.

living in a dream world where you think people just want hold hands and get along.

the ignorance here is this thread and pushing a "suicide" based of a personal bias of what you "hate"

go ahead but there is a price that is paid so the keyboard peacenicks can run their mouths til there hearts content.

And people like you are the proof that radical islamics can point to, and say "see! they hate us, and want to exterminate us!", and you cant call them liars. Its a circular logic, and jackasses like you are helping to make it happen.

First of all, name calling and personal attacks wont help your point.......

Second of all, they dont CARE about what people say, and they dont NEED an excuse, the fact that you are an infidel is good enough.......

Trust me, all your love and hope isnt going to help you unless you convert.......

Be as nice as you want, it wont save your neck..........and yes I HAVE been over there .....

but the armchair generals here wont listen to the people who have been in the suck , because it flies in the face of their perfect world ........

IMHO I dont care what you think about me or anyone else who is against this movement.......we know the truth and like always it will be denied until its too late

You can turn it right around. If you were a muslim, you would feel that you would never be allowed to co exist unless you converted to christianity. try and win over the christians with love? as they invade your lands, rape and kill wantonly, and treat you as subhuman?...

WHAT THE ***** ARE WE EVEN DOING OVER THERE? What? Can anyone explain to me? It makes no ****ing sense unless we are plundering and stealing. So why are we the good guys? IT MAKES NO SENSE?

Im pretty sure muslims would like us a lot more, and not consider us infidels, if we hadnt given israel billions in aid to blow up muslim children for the past 60 years.

Im pretty sure they dont "hate us for our freedoms", im i feel sorry for you if you swallow that tripe.Im sure the german populace felt like they were the good guys when they were pushing poland around.
edit on 14-8-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Osama trained the AL-queda to be religious warriors to protect the mosques in Saudi arabia... short story is Saudi Arabia had American military guard them. Osama had FREAKIN" AIRPLANES FLOWN INTO THE TRADE CENTER!!!! That killed what 3000 Americans? This is the reason so many sheep dogs are in Afghanistan... so the sheep can be happy here in the states. Meh!
edit on 14-8-2011 by paranoid2live because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

My pleasure to post Dylan's song. I feel like sometimes song lyrics are better than my own words during certain instances. And this is one of those times.

Dylan's music was so inspirational and helped voice people's views about the Vietnam War and wars in general. He really new the truth and wasn't afraid to say that it was all about lining the elite's pockets. "Masters of War" was a special song with a message directed at the entire military industrial complex.

Although it's well known that Dylan stated he'd sold his soul to the devil, he may very well be the only person who has ever done this so he could be a voice for the good side during his time on Earth. I don't know if this is true, but I'm comfortable believing this.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Did someone not tell him that God does not reward those who take their own life?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Body can only take so much, and this poor man went past his.

This crap started with Bush and company and is continuing with Obama - why in the hell was this man being forced in a ninth deployment - Oh ya, the industrial military complex.....something that runs both parties.

Yes, BOTH PARTIES - DEMOCRAT AND REPUBLICAN.

edit on 14-8-2011 by MidnightTide because: added some for the rebel without a clue types on here

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve. It's time for Obama and Congress to grow a pair. Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition. It's doable counter to what a lot of the arm chair do gooders here would suggest, simply remove the PC ROE we have now, and release the dogs of war. Either wipe them off the face of the map, or end it by coming home, but enough is enough. Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

^^^^^^
THIS.

and now for my blahs..........8 tours....E-I-G-H-T cycles....going into and out of the combat theater upright, EIGHT TIMES....insane.

i've bore witness to ground troops i know who've done 1-2 tours, from friends to coworkers and that was seemingly too much, for what these men seen/done, and i'm a former sailor. one buddy of mine, i had to refer to a psychologist (psychiatrists' try to drug the issues away) that helped me when i came back, for even I was on some odd Ish, Insomnia(still got it), mood swings, nearly strangled my wife once in my sleep, hoping in the bed only to wake up in the LR, weapon in hand opposite of the front door amongst other things. most of my oddities have subsided, as it's been 10yrs since i returned.

but the buddy i was talking about, he was on the first Army wave into Iraq in 01, and did multiple tours 'tween 01-03 when he finally came back. mood swings, heavy drinking, wife left, chain smoking, fidgety nightmares, he even had an episode at work once(where i met him), when a transformer blew over the guard shack he was in...and when i got back there to check on him, he attacked me with a weapon of opportunity( a shop broom handle, thank god) and that's when i found out he was PTSD .....well...after overpowering him and subduing him while telling him "You're in the US, it was just a transformer!!" up until that episode, i knew only that he was an army vet...the office told me nothing more prior to his arrival at our post. but when everything calmed down/he broke down, i gave him the option to head home and STILL be payed for the whole shift(i know, misappropriation of corp funds, but what do you expect?!) or stay and complete his shift. he went home, and the next day we spent about an hour talking (he talked) about last night, and further more, my concern of if he was gonna be ok or if he wanted some help. and that's when i referred him to my psyche. she got him squared away and today we're still good buddies.

1 tour, depending of the circumstances can be alot. heading to the 9th?? lunacy! people, dont be negatively
critical of this soldier who took his life, post haste.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by paranoid2live

"American military guard them"
u sure it was American military?
could have been,,any one of a hundred different organizations,,
could have been, Mujah hadean,,who knows,, but yes that he was watched,, there is no doubt,,but like they say,

,"who watch's the watchers?"
Mrs Roy Clayton Dean .( is afictional character)

sorry got quote wrong
"Well, who's gonna monitor the monitors of the monitors? "

edit on 14-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Soldiers are disposable embarrasments to TPTB.

They have no need of human flesh and bone after it has been used to procure oil and protect Israel for TBTP.

The useless meat is free to go home to the land of freedom it defended...and live homeless under the bridge.

What do you think is going to happen as thousands and thousands of men who have been turned into trained killers re-enter a society with no jobs or use for them?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
very sad

god can give him peace, but there sure as hell won't be peace for the bastards who started the war.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Arkady

Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition.

I have looked and looked and looked and see no sign of this 'anti-American scum' you speak of. What I do see is people voicing their opinions and certain Americans not agreeing with those opinions and subsequently throwing out the "America Hater" punchline in a vain attempt to somehow silence them. This is a tactic I find to be widely used by people who don't have an actual intelligent response so try to cover that up with insults.

Another widely used punchline is that the world is somehow 'jealous' of America for her 'freedoms'. This is yet another laughable attempt at silencing valid opinions.

I think I'm done with ATS as it's merely a shell of itself taken over by left wing anti American glad handers, I bid you good day.

Toodaloo!
edit on 14/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Army Rangers have some stories to tell. They really see some scary things. I feel bad for him.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
"We now have a situation where there are more military deaths by suicide than by combat."

Hmmm....

"Those who do not learn from history are destined to repeat it."

Hmmmm.....

Has anyone ever invaded Afghanistan or Iraq before? What happened....?
Really?
Why wouldn't that happen again?

I hate arrogance. That's all the US has right now. Otherwise, the troops would be home with their families after a ticker tape parade.

None of the wars are being won. They are just being extended.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What are they thinking? I knew we were pushing guys on a 6th and 7th tour but NINE?? Isn't there a friggen training command these long tooth vets could go be a part of and contribute real knowledge without getting shot at anymore??

The military is very, very, very small today. There was no other person to send but him.

Since we have a small volunteer Professional military, if I was Secretary of Defense I'd sit down with the CIA and see about how we could get Cocaine to the frontline combat troops.

They would mentally be able to keep doing what they were doing if they were addicted to Cocaine. Plus they'd be more effective.

When they come back you throw them in a dry out/rehab facility for 6 months...then retire them.

If our Military has shrunk to the point where we can no longer handle the commitments we have going then that is the best reasoning I've heard yet to get our troops home in a quick and efficient manner. Destroy the bases behind us, especially in Afghanistan. We gave the Vietnamese one of the best deep water ports in Asia by the time the U.S. had gotten done with it. Lets not again.

I figure you must be kidding about putting U.S. Soldiers on coc aine as a solution to combat efficiency. Though I kinda missed the humor.. My cousin is serving and has been over there twice now. It's not entirely academic for some. Just getting them home ought to be the only priority since we've pretty well abandoned the hope of getting much more done over there, as a nation.

One additional note... My charts still say the U.S. is spending more on defense than the next few nations below us, combined. If we're so tapped out, we're sending men for their 9th trip into that place, I'd sure love to hear where my tax money is going in amounts that can only be called obscene when this is the best we get back out of it.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I firmly believe that war is major part in the depopulation agenda.
Whether the soldiers die on the battlefield, commit suicide, or end up back in their own country where they find themselves unemployed, homeless, starving, and dying of pneumonia, rarely ever will the military change what they're doing and how they're doing things for the soldiers who have been in battle. This is not acceptable. I'm surprised that more soldiers haven't gone AWOL after hearing the stories from their friends and relatives. But, some enjoy war and killing. Some are desensitized. Some don't have anywhere to go and the military is their family. Some are scared of being court martialed. Some are brainwashed by all the military propaganda.

Hell, paroled prisoners get more counseling to help them re-enter and adjust to society than our soldiers do!

These soldiers are promised counseling, free education, pensions, and whatever else, then are totally blind sided after they've laid their life on the line.

I might have a wet dream tonight about the military surrounding the White House while making the announcement that they work for us now.

Soldiers should be stationed on American soil protecting us and our borders (and not ever being used against American citizens). If they are sent over seas, it should be for humanitarian reasons only such as in the event of natural disasters. (This will never happen though because TPTB await the flight of the phoenix from the ashes adn only war and bloodshed can make this happen.)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join