It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Your first paragraph is clearly baseless, because the man killed himself just for that.

How can you be so utterly incomprehensibly stupid in regards to such generalizations when the suicidal rate is so high and the level of soldiers complaining about the lack of compassion is so high. What, do mindless drones usually complain about lack of care and distaste for their own actions? I'm assuming of course you even understand what mindless drone means, but of course. Because I'm not sure you do.

Seriously people, how on Earth can you people think that the lives of bloody soldiers are worth more than innocent lives abroad? Is it because they are not American, they don't stuff their faces full of food from the moment they are born, slave their lives away in an office, swallow every bit of propaganda the government throws at them and still try and claim they are the greatest nation on Earth? Give me a break.

Give me a break. You speak once again in generalizations. But last time I looked, Ron Paul got a standing applause for saying the wars are wrong, and we are living outside our means. Last time I checked, Obama ran on just such outcries against such things.

Once again I have to question your level of intelligence to spout such ignorance when its right in front of your face otherwise. Do you even leave your hose our talk to the people you generalize? Because I don't think you do.

These 'savages' as you seem to think they are have a better view on life than someone who spends half their lives staring at a TV screen lapping up crap like Rush Limbaugh and worshiping a failing system of Capitalism that has done more to destroy this planet than any 'tewwowist' in a cave could ever do.

And I repeat the what I said before. But I will go more this time. Most people watch TV in college, and in higher education, in case you failed to recognize the invented small tvs for just such that reason. Watching tv and not doing physical activity has no correlation to both success in life, and intelligence. Once again your gross assumptions are false, because you assume that a person who sits down and enjoys television must inherently be retarded, when I think I would argue the opposite is true, judging from your lack of knowledge of the common American.

Furthermore, many soldiers are college grads. And indeed, many go to college directly because of grants from the military. This country has a long history of both inventors and industrial people coming from the military and using their skills int h world. Have you seen a citizen of Iraq operating a nuclear power plant? I haven't. I'm sure they exist, but I'd say the number versus the number of US soldier veterans who do speaks for itself.

What, did you just decide to assume everything you could and get it all wrong?

Que the "America Hater" and "You're just jealous of our freedoms" punchlines...........

Yes, I think I will actually. Most citizens of Iraq will never be much in the world. Some go on to be great people. Architects such as Zaha Hadid, or movie stars, etc etc. Some do. But overwhelmingly, many will go on to be no more and no less than local businessmen and family men. Most will go on to sit on their fat behinds and watch tv while they do this, and most will probably become overweight as they have to care for their kids and have a life. And they will come home every day to sit on their behinds and watch tv because that's the only thing they can do anymore. And you know what? Americans are no different.

So why are Americans more valuable from me, an American? Because I'm an American. And I expect no different from Iraq's commoners either.

But whose going to be there when they need help? Probably America. Whose going to liberate them if Russia or China go marching for oil, probably America. Whose going to let them be their own democracy after all that? Most likely America. And that's why a battalion of American soldiers, in the long run, is worth more than a the nation of Iraq. Because the Zaha Hadid of 2050 will more than likely be a world famous architect because some poor grunt died to give her the chance.

So how about you shut your face with the assumptions and look at it objectively. Because you certainly missed the mark on just about everything you uttered in your total ignorance.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Kryties

Just so you know, that post wasn't only directed at you but also at the other poster who claims the life of 1 soldier is worth more than the lives of an entire country of Afghanis or Iraqis. That you are seemingly supporting this person in his view makes you just as bad in my honest opinion.

Once again I have to question your level of intelligence to spout such ignorance when its right in front of your face otherwise. Do you even leave your hose our talk to the people you generalize? Because I don't think you do.

I question the intelligence of anybody who supports and wishes to perpetuate wars in the M.E. given what we know about the lack of a good reason to do so.

I also question the intelligence of anybody who believes that the lives of American soldiers are worth more than the lives of the innocent people being murdered or having their lives overturned and being labeled as 'Collateral Damage'.

But please, continue to strap those blinders to your face and perpetuate the ignorance and arrogance that much of the rest of the world has come to hate about America and it's people.

So how about you shut your face with the assumptions

Trying to suppress opinions? Why don't you just come out and say it - "America Hater". Or is your preference to claim that we are all 'jealous' of America?

Complete and utter bollocks fueled by blind patriotism.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by adifferentbreed

AND
reply to post by Gorman91

Personally I think the life of one innocent Afghani or Iraqi is worth much much more than the life of a mindless drone trained to kill people if they 'make them feel uncomfortable'. I value the life of innocent people over people who are trained to invade, terrorize and completely overturn the lives of innocent people just to get at a few 'tewwowists' or to find non-existent Weapons of Mass Destruction.

Seriously people, how on Earth can you people think that the lives of bloody soldiers are worth more than innocent lives abroad? Is it because they are not American, they don't stuff their faces full of food from the moment they are born, slave their lives away in an office, swallow every bit of propaganda the government throws at them and still try and claim they are the greatest nation on Earth? Give me a break.

These 'savages' as you seem to think they are have a better view on life than someone who spends half their lives staring at a TV screen lapping up crap like Rush Limbaugh and worshiping a failing system of Capitalism that has done more to destroy this planet than any 'tewwowist' in a cave could ever do.

Que the "America Hater" and "You're just jealous of our freedoms" punchlines...........
edit on 15/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

Well said Kryties. Decency and humanity is on your side.
There have been some disgusting and disgraceful comments made here by people
purporting to value freedom and justice, who would trade the life of one soldier, guilty
of murdering without question, over the lives of millions of innocent children, women
and men, who have harmed NO-ONE. The horror of it all.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

Precisely. Thank you for injecting some logic and reason into this

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I question the intelligence of anybody who supports and wishes to perpetuate wars in the M.E. given what we know about the lack of a good reason to do so.

Good reasons for war do not exist. War is evil. You fight wars in hope that a hundred years later things might be better. Last I checked, Iraq's doing better than it was before. Of course we're the arsholes who put the dictator in power. But 1960s America was a horrorshow of fail and ignorance. You cannot blame one generation of Americans for the actions of the last. Only Monarchies get that.

I also question the intelligence of anybody who believes that the lives of American soldiers are worth more than the lives of the innocent people being murdered or having their lives overturned and being labeled as 'Collateral Damage'.

War is genocide. There is no law, no rule, no niceness. You kill your enemy and whoever gets int he way is just plain unlucky. This is how you win war. And that is why war is genocide, and war is evil.

But please, continue to strap those blinders to your face and perpetuate the ignorance and arrogance that much of the rest of the world has come to hate about America and it's people.

Last I checked, they hated Bush, not America. And they only hate Obama now for continuing Bush's policies.

In case you were wondering, most people do have the mental capacity to blame a leader and not their people, seeing that they blatantly lied. I'm not so sure about you.

Trying to suppress opinions? Why don't you just come out and say it - "America Hater". Or is your preference to claim that we are all 'jealous' of America?

Not suppressing your opinion. Suppressing ignorance. It just so happens that your opinion is ignorant.

Complete and utter bollocks fueled by blind patriotism.

Says the person who doesn't even try to retort what I said.

Go ahead, embrace ignorance. I hear her bosom is most soft and her voice most distracting from reality.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

The horror is that of war. And clearly they do not murder without question. That stenches of ignorance when the topic you are commenting on is about just such a soldier who said no in his own way.

Fact is, most US military personal benefit the world better than the vast majority of Iraq's civilians. That does not demote their humanity. That simply means that if I were to be given the choice between a single Iraqi family of goat herders or a US military personnel with a college education in physics, I'd go with the grunt.
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: le spelling

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

Yes, I think I will actually. Most citizens of Iraq will never be much in the world. Some go on to be great people. Architects such as Zaha Hadid, or movie stars, etc etc. Some do. But overwhelmingly, many will go on to be no more and no less than local businessmen and family men. Most will go on to sit on their fat behinds and watch tv while they do this, and most will probably become overweight as they have to care for their kids and have a life. And they will come home every day to sit on their behinds and watch tv because that's the only thing they can do anymore. And you know what? Americans are no different.

Thats a little hard for the people of Afghanistan or Iraq to do - one can not watch TV or sit in their living room when their house has been flattened by artillery fire all in the name of rooting out a few terrorists. I'm also sure many of them would like to sit around their kitchen table and discuss their days with their family - but they can't as half of them are lying in the morgue with 50Cal bullet holes in them.

But whose going to be there when they need help? Probably America. Whose going to liberate them if Russia or China go marching for oil, probably America.

Nonsense. America went in for the oil - never mind Russia or China, it's America who did the invading for resources and leaving a trail of destruction in it's wake.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:33 AM
link   
Let's see...

How can you be so utterly incomprehensibly stupid in regards to such generalizations when the suicidal rate is so high and the level of soldiers complaining about the lack of compassion is so high.

Ad hominem...

Resorting to stoner stereotypes, and hypocrisy, since you just criticised the GP for engaging in generalisations...

Yes, I think I will actually. Most citizens of Iraq will never be much in the world.

Basing the inherent worth of human beings on their level of economic accomplishment...

Most will go on to sit on their fat behinds and watch tv while they do this

More hypocrisy...

So why are Americans more valuable from me, an American? Because I'm an American. And I expect no different from Iraq's commoners either.

An appeal to ethnocentric racism...

But whose going to be there when they need help? Probably America. Whose going to liberate them if Russia or China go marching for oil, probably America. Whose going to let them be their own democracy after all that? Most likely America. And that's why a battalion of American soldiers, in the long run, is worth more than a the nation of Iraq. Because the Zaha Hadid of 2050 will more than likely be a world famous architect because some poor grunt died to give her the chance.

Utterly baseless, purely hypothetical appeals to jingoism, used as an attempted rationalisation for Manifest Destiny...

So how about you shut your face with the assumptions and look at it objectively.

And, for the grand cherry on top, a stock standard (and futile) military attempt at winning an argument via condescending ("You'd be nothing without us, kid. Now just say thank you, and be a good boy and run along.") aggression. I see a lot of these in particular, on this forum.
edit on 15-8-2011 by petrus4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Kryties

War is genocide. There is no law, no rule, no niceness. You kill your enemy and whoever gets int he way is just plain unlucky. This is how you win war. And that is why war is genocide, and war is evil.

Hypothetically, lets say China invaded America. If and when you get your family blown up by a Chinese tank how would you feel if somebody came along and stuck a tag on their feet that said 'Unlucky'? How would you feel if the Chinese government labelled your dead family as 'Collateral Damage'?

It's dead easy to sit back in your basement several thousand kilometres away from this war and claim the dead innocents are simply 'unlucky'. How absolutely heartless.

Not suppressing your opinion. Suppressing ignorance. It just so happens that your opinion is ignorant.

In your opinion

Says the person who doesn't even try to retort what I said.

What's the point? You're so blinded by the propaganda you wouldn't listen anyways.

edit on 15/8/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Thats a little hard for the people of Afghanistan or Iraq to do - one can not watch TV or sit in their living room when their house has been flattened by artillery fire all in the name of rooting out a few terrorists. I'm also sure many of them would like to sit around their kitchen table and discuss their days with their family - but they can't as half of them are lying in the morgue with 50Cal bullet holes in them.

Funny. Last page of this topic, I saw photos of quite successful Iraqis living in modern homes.

Now you're assuming about other people you've probably never heard of. God, you're ignorance is amazing. I truly cannot understand how a person like yourself still exists in a world where you can download google earth and go touring said countries and see the battle damage yourself. There ARE people in both Iraq and Afghanistan whom have done quite well through it all. People who just live, and nothing more. There are whole communities of Afganies whom have done nothing but farm and sell opium since the war began, seeing maybe a couple of choppers fly overhead every few weeks. There are entire communities of Iraqis who have more or less done nothing in the entire war, and whose communities look no more and no less damaged than a Persian mountain village.

here, turn on your own freaking tv and watch entertainers go INTO such countries and be perfectly happy.

You'd probably learn more from this British entertainment show than what you know now.

They even go around without any protection and ENJOY life with a bunch of perfectly good people once they realize how retarded it was to wear body armor in the first place.

Yea real war zone there.

2:40 is especially true for you.

MY GOD. I'm just flabbergasted that because you saw a bomb go off on some news brief, you think the whole country is a war zone.

Nonsense. America went in for the oil - never mind Russia or China, it's America who did the invading for resources and leaving a trail of destruction in it's wake.

And that's why a whole massive amount goes to Asia. Free market. America buys the oil. So does China and Russia. We didn't steal nor go in for crap. We've gotten barely anything from Iraq, If the reason was oil, most of that oil went to tanks. Which in turn, had we never used those tanks, we'd never need the oil. God, do you have any idea how much oil the army uses? No war, no need for oil.

Are you just trying to be ignorant on resources?
edit on 15-8-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Yet funny you say, nothing you said made it wrong.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
My apologies, all those pictures of dead civilians must have been photoshopped. All those pictures and video of warfare in those countries must just be fictional. My apologies, I should have realised that shows like Top Gear are 100% accurate and do not have corporate agendas that they follow. Also, apologies for not realising that Afghanis and Iraqis live in a fairyland with chocolate coated streets, fairy-floss trees and lollipop houses.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Hypothetically, lets say China invaded America. If and when you get your family blown up by a Chinese tank how would you feel if somebody came along and stuck a tag on their feet that said 'Unlucky'? How would you feel if the Chinese government labelled your dead family as 'Collateral Damage'? It's dead easy to sit back in your basement several thousand kilometres away from this war and claim the dead innocents are simply 'unlucky'. How absolutely heartless.

I'd feel sad and say multiple curses. As I would expect in any case. What, saying it could happen to me makes me wrong? No. If China invaded America I would expect no less from them. You see, recognizing that war is genocide and evil just makes it all the more easy to know that those things happen in war. Would I expect China to avoid civilians? They have a billion+ people and God knows how many nukes. I wouldn't expect any mercy from them. Hell I wouldn't be surprised to see the west coast turned into Stalingrad.

War is bad. You kill in war. That's why war is evil. Saying it could happen to me is irrelevant, because yes, if there was a war here, that WOULD happen.

In your opinion

an opinion that so far has shown more proof to being right than your generalizations.

What's the point? You're so blinded by the propaganda you wouldn't listen anyways.

ah, more generalizations. And after I just flat out told you that Ron Paul got a many applause for saying the wars are bad and to bring the troops home and that Obama won his campaign in part for promising to end th wars. YES, I must totally be eating that propaganda.

Do tell. In your generalizations and auto-reply, have you actually proven your point, or titles you give me? Bcause I haven't seen you support your words. Whereas I do.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

Are you like, incapable of understanding that all those things are real, AND it's as it is seen in that video?

Are you incapable of understanding that once a war is over or has tamed down, that where once there were bodies there are now freedoms?

You do realize, tho God help me if you don't, that things do change, right? That after the bodies are gone, trees grow. That after the rubble is cleaned up, buildings are built. That after the slaughter, life comes again?

Because I'm really questioning if you understand that a picture is an instant event, not a permanent look on a place. If you take a picture of a dead body, and a year later you can walk there without any protection in a sports car, that is actually possible, if you didn't know that.

I'm sorry if I'm sounding insulting or demeaning, but God, are you not getting that places change?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:01 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Gorman91

So, if everything has returned to normal, the trees have grown back, the houses have been rebuilt and life is settling down into a quieter, less death-filled, existence......

...why are you still there?

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

star is irrelevant. You keep repeating the same things, where as I have backed up what I say.

You say "fat American" blah blah blah "you're wrong"

I say. Fat is not bad. Watching tv is not bad. Clearly people have tvs in Iraq, and clearly people are overweight in Iraq. And probably most of those people are smarter than a very skinny person in America who watches no TV.

See what I did there? I did not make generalizations. I know that people are individuals. How do I back it up? By providing examples, such as Zaha Hadid. A woman who is overweight, and watches a lot of TV, yet is one of the most successful architects on Earth.

You should try backing up your claims.

reply to post by Kryties

Because our government is retarded. We're still in Japan and Germany if you haven't noticed.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   

reply to post by pshea38

The horror is that of war. And clearly they do not murder without question. That stenches of ignorance when the topic you are commenting on is about just such a soldier who said no in his own way.

Fact is, most US military personal benefit the world better than the vast majority of Iraq's civilians. That does not demote their humanity. That simply means that if I were to be given the choice between a single Iraqi family of goat herders or a US military personnel with a college education in physics, I'd go with the grunt.

The US government (Nazis who took over after killing JFK) have murdered millions
under the guise of freedom and democracy and have shamed the human race. It is known
that the US Remains the property of the UK, hence the close murderous and genocidal
relationship between the countries .You views are ignorant and you are a disgrace and a
part of the reason why these horrors are perpetuated. Full stop.

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
8 tours going into the 9th

Ranger Spec OPS
Staff SGT.....

Self Explanatory !

anyone know what his MOS was or even if he had a second MOS ! ?

Yeah hes a Ranger but what code number -- specific ! MOC

Seeing 8 tours he must of been real important or He Had a Rare M-O-S ????

www.goarmy.com...

Ranger Spec Ops MOS
www.army.com...

posted on Aug, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by pshea38

yea, no. US has a half-way relationship with England, with a borderline "awesome" military relationship.

What happened was that in the 60s, a very bad group captured the presidency. They've lost and gained power on and off since then, and as we see in this current situation, they lost the power to Obama, a different political sect. Obama's sect could be compared to federalists, whom basically just continue what the last president did. Obama in every sense of the word is a federalist. Look them up. Now the funny irony here is that the sect that I was talking about from the 60s has not only lost power of the presidency, but now they are loosing the republican party as well.

Currently a new sect is growing, this sect is known as the New Apostolic Reformation. It includes people such as Perry, Palin, and Bachmann. This election is a decisive one for the republican party. See the neocons are loosing power altogether, as this NAR replaces them. Many neocons have flat out changed their clothes and joined it. The NAR is not going to win however, because another sect, presumably led by Paul, is capturing it first. The neocons therefore are very angry cause they are pretty much failing at everything right now.

But this is all very off topic.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join