It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

You talking to me? if you do speak english not goobledgook, A rosy idea of war! do you not see where I live!
and what happened here is nothing to what happened in a couple of months in Iraq, and Afghanistan.... ad infinitum. What a twit.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

Originally posted by aching_knuckles

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by drew1749

i tell you what is ignorant is defending people who would rather blow you up than look at you.

living in a dream world where you think people just want hold hands and get along.

the ignorance here is this thread and pushing a "suicide" based of a personal bias of what you "hate"

go ahead but there is a price that is paid so the keyboard peacenicks can run their mouths til there hearts content.

And people like you are the proof that radical islamics can point to, and say "see! they hate us, and want to exterminate us!", and you cant call them liars. Its a circular logic, and jackasses like you are helping to make it happen.

First of all, name calling and personal attacks wont help your point.......

Second of all, they dont CARE about what people say, and they dont NEED an excuse, the fact that you are an infidel is good enough.......

Trust me, all your love and hope isnt going to help you unless you convert.......

Be as nice as you want, it wont save your neck..........and yes I HAVE been over there .....

but the armchair generals here wont listen to the people who have been in the suck , because it flies in the face of their perfect world ........

IMHO I dont care what you think about me or anyone else who is against this movement.......we know the truth and like always it will be denied until its too late

You can turn it right around. If you were a muslim, you would feel that you would never be allowed to co exist unless you converted to christianity. try and win over the christians with love? as they invade your lands, rape and kill wantonly, and treat you as subhuman?...

WHAT THE ***** ARE WE EVEN DOING OVER THERE? What? Can anyone explain to me? It makes no ****ing sense unless we are plundering and stealing. So why are we the good guys? IT MAKES NO SENSE?

Im pretty sure muslims would like us a lot more, and not consider us infidels, if we hadnt given israel billions in aid to blow up muslim children for the past 60 years.

Im pretty sure they dont "hate us for our freedoms", im i feel sorry for you if you swallow that tripe.Im sure the german populace felt like they were the good guys when they were pushing poland around.
edit on 14-8-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

*Puts on a southern texas accent*

"Well we're nation buildin' "

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by drew1749

i tell you what is ignorant is defending people who would rather blow you up than look at you.

living in a dream world where you think people just want hold hands and get along.

the ignorance here is this thread and pushing a "suicide" based of a personal bias of what you "hate"

go ahead but there is a price that is paid so the keyboard peacenicks can run their mouths til there hearts content.

And people like you are the proof that radical islamics can point to, and say "see! they hate us, and want to exterminate us!", and you cant call them liars. Its a circular logic, and jackasses like you are helping to make it happen.

First of all, name calling and personal attacks wont help your point.......

Second of all, they dont CARE about what people say, and they dont NEED an excuse, the fact that you are an infidel is good enough.......

Trust me, all your love and hope isnt going to help you unless you convert.......

Be as nice as you want, it wont save your neck..........and yes I HAVE been over there .....

but the armchair generals here wont listen to the people who have been in the suck , because it flies in the face of their perfect world ........

IMHO I dont care what you think about me or anyone else who is against this movement.......we know the truth and like always it will be denied until its too late

You can turn it right around. If you were a muslim, you would feel that you would never be allowed to co exist unless you converted to christianity. try and win over the christians with love? as they invade your lands, rape and kill wantonly, and treat you as subhuman?...

WHAT THE ***** ARE WE EVEN DOING OVER THERE? What? Can anyone explain to me? It makes no ****ing sense unless we are plundering and stealing. So why are we the good guys? IT MAKES NO SENSE?

Im pretty sure muslims would like us a lot more, and not consider us infidels, if we hadnt given israel billions in aid to blow up muslim children for the past 60 years.

Im pretty sure they dont "hate us for our freedoms", im i feel sorry for you if you swallow that tripe.
edit on 14-8-2011 by aching_knuckles because: (no reason given)

Thats just it buddy, the faction of the muslim religion that dislikes us , dislikes us BECAUSE we are not muslim, it doesnt matter what you do, it doesnt matter who , what or when, it doesnt matter that we are there they would STILL not like us, thats just an excuse for them.....

They have always been that way since their inception........like i said, not ALL muslims feel this way , but the faction that is causing the problems are....

As to the OP, I feel horrible for this Ranger, 9 tours is unheard of and makes me wonder about somethings.....

Also, theres no telling what the story is behind it, im sure he saw some horrible things, I know I did.....HOWEVER

That doesnt mean that he wasnt just a depraved person that did some things he came to regret........

We dont know the whole story..........

But my sympathies go out to his family and friends and his unit

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I just wanted to quote this again, just for fun.

You can break into my house in the middle of the night, I dont care how nice you are, Im going to kick your ass, not welcome you with open arms.

What makes you think that a peoples would consider less of their nation than their home?

But if you are nice from your own house, I will be nice back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Thats just it buddy, the faction of the muslim religion that dislikes us , dislikes us BECAUSE we are not muslim, it doesnt matter what you do, it doesnt matter who , what or when, it doesnt matter that we are there they would STILL not like us, thats just an excuse for them.....

They have always been that way since their inception........like i said, not ALL muslims feel this way , but the faction that is causing the problems are....

You can say the same damn thing about Christians in our country. Not all of em, but jus tthe factions making all the trouble.

The big difference is, the muslims arent invading countries and toppling governments. America is. Logic, learn it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

You can say the same damn thing about Christians in our country. Not all of em, but jus tthe factions making all the trouble.

The big difference is, the muslims arent invading countries and toppling governments. America is. Logic, learn it.

You can try and draw that line, but the comparison is not even close.........and while there have been some idiots who set a fire to a mosque, im not sure if they were christian. And there have been a handfull of psychos who have shot at abortion clinics.......

However, I can post the numbers and there would be NO comparison to the havok and death created by the opposing view.........

Im not gonna turn this into a debate thread on our occupation..........take that to another thread

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
So we are now moving past anti American to anti Christian.....it's only the 4th page you guys are exposing your hand way to soon. Grow up, peace, love and sunshine is a pipe dream and a myth, try living in the real world.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

"The big difference is, the muslims arent invading countries and toppling governments."

what rock u been hiding under?

that was 11 years ago,,, any changes since?
this is aug 2011 by the way.

stop the b.s
edit on 14-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have to agree 9 deployments is a lot it's more then I would ever want to do but i dont feel sorry for the guy.

In the same way that i dont feel sorry for the crippled solders plastered all over the T.V asking for hand outs off the people and complaining that there compensation from the government for loosing arms' legs' whatever isnt enough.

Now don't get me wrong i do believe that our guys should be taken better care of by our government when they get back whatever there state is but i don't think it falls on the public shoulders to ensure that.
now im talking from a point of being in the armed forces myself (not any longer.....and no i never saw active service) and the thing that always sticks with me while there complaining is that THEY signed on the dotted line.....................
no-one forced them too no-one held a gun to there head to make then do it they took the choice out of there own free will what the hell did they think they were going to get joining the army I know the glossy brochure didnt say anything about all the killing they were gonna do but come on ..its the army you have to be pretty bloody stupid to not know what you were getting into

And you all seem too focus on him saying "For the things i'v done" and just assume he means people he has killed now i hate to burst anyones bubble here but a lot of stuff happens in war not just killing theres also rape not just of women but men women and children theres murder of innocent people not people caught in the cross fire but out and out murder sometimes just for the sheer hell of it theres torture of poeple sometimes to get information and again sometimes just for the hell of it now from the sounds of it he didnt have a problem with doing his duty it sounds a lttle more to me like he had some really big hang up on something he had done that probably went well beyond his duty but there's only one person who really know's the answer to that question
May god have mercy apon his soul

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome

"The big difference is, the muslims arent invading countries and toppling governments."

what rock u been hiding under?

that was 11 years ago,,, any changes since?
this is aug 2011 by the way.

stop the b.s
edit on 14-8-2011 by BobAthome because: (no reason given)

Did you seriously just post a map of muslim percentage of population, then use that as "proof" of muslims invading countries and toppling governments? I dont even understand how you could cram that much ignorance into one head.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

However, I can post the numbers and there would be NO comparison to the havok and death created by the opposing view.........

Please, post your numbers. Please show me something that islamic radicals have killed more people than american bombs and bullets. Because I just dont think thats true.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
So we are now moving past anti American to anti Christian.....it's only the 4th page you guys are exposing your hand way to soon. Grow up, peace, love and sunshine is a pipe dream and a myth, try living in the real world.

Well, we got to anti muslim quicker than that, but I guess its ok to hate "those people" huh?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

What an awful thing to even suggest.......did you know him, know of him, know someone who knew him? It's asshat comments like this that feed the anti American trolls on here as they'll take that as gospel that he did any of those things. Thanks for dishonoring this mans memory yet even further, can't say I'm surprised, although I'd be surprised if you served a day in your life.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by aching_knuckles

Yes, apparently we've established that 1 of 'us' is worth more than a whole country full of 'them'.

Did you know the human mind tends to think in stereotypes and us-them scenarios simply because that requires less information to be processed by the brain than judging each case individually? The more stereotypical and black-and-white one sees the world, the less information that particular brain is capable of handling.

We don't get to choose the brains we are born with, so have some empathy will ya?
edit on 14/8/11 by Symer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

In your over eagerness to respond you seem to have overlooked a number of things not once did i say he was responsible for any crime I just made the point that its go's on and it go's on a lot more then you could ever believe or ever hear about in the news.
And i also know alot of what go's on over there has a blind eye turned towards it... as well it's war and aint war hell!!
Now i wasnt disrespecting anyones memory as it's a very say thing to happen to anyone and i do feel for the mans family but the point i was trying to make was that your all ASSUMING it was because of the people he had killed over there I was just pointing out the fact that this might not be the case i'm basing this on my time in the service and a couple of family members who are severing over there right now and not on the fact that i have all the achievements on call of duty black ops as is what you seem to be doing!!!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Like the empathy being expressed here for him? The other day in one of the we hate American troops threads on here one of our members posted that everyone thinking about joining the military should be put down, you know killed, is that the sort of empathy you're looking for? Gimme a break, this is using this mans death to promote a political agenda and it's truly disgusting.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
What a sad story, Op.
Those of us who haven't been in wars or seen the battle field up close cannot imagine the mental and emotional torment it creates within a soldier. Our country needs to have more counselors available for these men, but they don't. Once is enough, twice is pushing it, but nine times? Yeah, this poor guy had had his share. I still believe I would've gone AWOL before killing myself, but you can never escape the images in your head or the guilt in your heart.

I'm not sure if this has been posted yet as I haven't read all the replies.
But, I believe Bob Dylan's song "Masters of War" explains it best.

Come you masters of war
You that build the big guns
You that build the death planes
You that build all the bombs
You that hide behind walls
You that hide behind desks
I just want you to know
I can see through your masks.

You that never done nothin'
But build to destroy
You play with my world
Like it's your little toy
You put a gun in my hand
And you hide from my eyes

And you turn and run farther
When the fast bullets fly.

Like Judas of old
You lie and deceive
A world war can be won
You want me to believe
But I see through your eyes
And I see through your brain
Like I see through the water
That runs down my drain.

You fasten all the triggers
For the others to fire
Then you set back and watch
When the death count gets higher
You hide in your mansion'
As young people's blood
Flows out of their bodies
And is buried in the mud.

You've thrown the worst fear
That can ever be hurled
Fear to bring children
Into the world
For threatening my baby
Unborn and unnamed
You ain't worth the blood
That runs in your veins.

How much do I know
To talk out of turn
You might say that I'm young
You might say I'm unlearned
But there's one thing I know
Though I'm younger than you
That even Jesus would never
Forgive what you do.

Let me ask you one question
Is your money that good
Will it buy you forgiveness
Do you think that it could
I think you will find
When your death takes its toll
All the money you made
Will never buy back your soul.

And I hope that you die
And your death'll come soon
I will follow your casket
In the pale afternoon
And I'll watch while you're lowered
Down to your deathbed
And I'll stand over your grave
'Til I'm sure that you're dead.

edit on 14-8-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Mahatmacoat

Go back and reread what you posted and get back to me. You as much as said it, and contrary to popular belief yeah alot does come out, and then it get used in a politically trolling manner such as this. This is nothing but a political hit piece, admit it. Frankly I have had enough real violence in my life and don't play video games such as those, but you keep on trucking on o.k.

edit on 14-8-2011 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join