It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What He'd Seen, Done, He Told Wife

JOINT BASE LEWIS MCCHORD, Wash. - A soldier's widow says his fellow Army Rangers wouldn't do anything to help him before he took his own life - after eight deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

The Army found Staff Sgt. Jared Hagemann's body at a training area of Joint Base Lewis McChord a few weeks ago.

A spokesman for the base tells KOMO News that the nature of the death is still undetermined. But Staff Sgt. Hagemann's widow says her husband took his own life - and it didn't need to happen.

"It was just horrible. And he would just cry," says Ashley Hagemann.

Ashley says her husband Jared tried to come to grips with what he'd seen and done on his eight deployments in Iraq and Afghanistan.

"And there's no way that any God would forgive him - that he was going to hell," says Ashley. "He couldn't live with that any more."

crooksandliars.com...

Related video for more info on similar situations:

This sickens me. I mean whether or not the man did bad things and the army took care of him can be questioned. However what can't is the conditions in which these situations happen.

What does ATS think?
edit on 8/14/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

My question is why do they keep going back and continue to do what is this upsetting to them. What are they afraid of going to jail or being unemployed? There comes a time in every ones life what their priorities are and follow who they are not what they are told. It has come to a time that more soldiers are killing themselves than would ever be killed in combat. It is time for them and their families to come together and put a stop to what is happening. This is another tragedy in a long list of tragedies that don't have to happen.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

It's the process of endless wars.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
statistically speaking the suicide rate is still lower for soldiers than in the general civilian population. If it's rising it's not because the 'horrors of war' are becoming any more horrible its just that the standards for potential recruits has changed and now young men that are unable and ill equipped to deal with the reality of warfare are being rapidly trained and sent straigt to afghanistan.
I feel sorry for this guy but he probably shouldn't have been in the army in the first place.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
What are they thinking? I knew we were pushing guys on a 6th and 7th tour but NINE?? Isn't there a friggen training command these long tooth vets could go be a part of and contribute real knowledge without getting shot at anymore?? They have MORE than earned a cush gig training the next batch after a half dozen deployments, let alone NINE?! There has really got to be a mental limit here...

Are we just determined to continue pushing these men until enough snap at around the same time to realize the limit has finally been reached? That is one heck of a bad way to find the limit. I believe thats called Stinkin Thinkin. Sadly, these mistakes carry body counts.

+22 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
first i would like too respond, to the statement "that God would not for give him",

He is forgiven.
He loved God,
loved his fellow man,
he could no longer go against,
what he truly believed in.
Believe in me,, said ,,Jesus,,and you will be mine.
Forgiven,,and then some.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

He obviously had remorse and regret......he was in a moment of despair and felt that their was no other way out of his misery.... he was having a nervous breakdown...when he took his own life. I think Heaven will excuse and forgive him...he will have another chance in Heaven.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Arkady
statistically speaking the suicide rate is still lower for soldiers than in the general civilian population. If it's rising it's not because the 'horrors of war' are becoming any more horrible its just that the standards for potential recruits has changed and now young men that are unable and ill equipped to deal with the reality of warfare are being rapidly trained and sent straigt to afghanistan.
I feel sorry for this guy but he probably shouldn't have been in the army in the first place.

Eight tours and your saying he shouldn't have been in the military? No one should have to go through that no matter what kind of requirements you set. And being a ranger he wasn't just a common soldier looking to just do his enlistment and get out.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by BobAthome
first i would like too respond, to the statement "that God would not for give him",

He is forgiven.
He loved God,
loved his fellow man,
he could no longer go against,
what he truly believed in.
Believe in me,, said ,,Jesus,,and you will be mine.
Forgiven,,and then some.

Thank you for the kind words and I'm sure that's what we want to believe and I hope that's true. However if we want to get into it in the end it's up to God. We can't decide. But I hope he is forgiven as well. He felt true grief and was obviously out of his mind when he took his life. Depression is a sickness...and it sucks.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

He obviously had remorse and regret......he was in a moment of despair and felt that their was no other way out of his misery.... he was having a nervous breakdown...when he took his own life. I think Heaven will excuse and forgive him...he will have another chance in Heaven.

Hopefully. I believe the position of the Church used to be that Sucide was a sin. Ah whatever this thread isn't the place for it. I'd rather talk about the here and now. How can we improve care for our troops? I guess for starters we can bring them home.

+17 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
There is no draft,
yet there are no jobs, and the carrot the military dangles is a good one.

The job of killing (and it is a job) is not easy to live through and make it back home,
but 9 times deployed, 9 freakin tours is insane, he beat the odds so many times yet it consumed him internally,
and to say he shouldnt have been in the service because he didnt have the metal to last, just isnt right either,
9 nine.........9 tours? come on now.

That puts him in action every year since he's been 18 and he dies at 26.
Just think about that before commenting.
He did 8 tours in hell, who knows what he was thinking.
edit on 14-8-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Arkady

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve. It's time for Obama and Congress to grow a pair. Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition. It's doable counter to what a lot of the arm chair do gooders here would suggest, simply remove the PC ROE we have now, and release the dogs of war. Either wipe them off the face of the map, or end it by coming home, but enough is enough. Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Originally posted by caladonea

Hopefully. I believe the position of the Church used to be that Sucide was a sin. Ah whatever this thread isn't the place for it. I'd rather talk about the here and now. How can we improve care for our troops? I guess for starters we can bring them home.

Ah...but ...Heaven...is not....the Church....a blessing for him...who is forgiven. I do agree we need to bring our troops home....those countries should be trained by now on how to defend themselves in their own wars..

Let's bring our men and women in the military home!

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

Grow up son. He did 8 tours, how damn stable did you expect him or anyone else doing that many to be? You have some damn nerve. It's time for Obama and Congress to grow a pair. Either withdraw now ( wouldn't that make the anti American scum on here giddy), or let us win through attrition. It's doable counter to what a lot of the arm chair do gooders here would suggest, simply remove the PC ROE we have now, and release the dogs of war. Either wipe them off the face of the map, or end it by coming home, but enough is enough. Before I get the usual flaming for suggesting such a thing, as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. Maybe if the asshat in the WH felt the same we'd be done with this nonsense.

Because this post was so well written and true I want to point that out and stick it to the wall again.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
What sucks is that he committed suicide because he basically came to terms with going to Hell. The probable outlook was, If you know you are already going, aint no point in suffering from guilt on the way there, suicidal shortcut. This is why no one should be worrying about the prerequisites for the afterlife they believe in.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
I might get into a lot of trouble saying this..but from observance,and the few stories I've been told by people who have experienced military life , there are a lot of games and power trips ,,and little" intiations" , that are perverse,and just wrong. You are considered a wuss,and unworthy of any admiration if you don't buck up like a good soldier, and play along with the little games of torturing prisoners...or whatever their minds tell them is ok.

I feel so sorry for the souls who have been coerced into things, fooled into thinking what they were doing was ok...and having to live with those memories. I personally have heard of quite a few suicides here in the military, and I wonder if those statistics mentioned were based on percentage.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011
I might get into a lot of trouble saying this..but from observance,and the few stories I've been told by people who have experienced military life , there are a lot of games and power trips ,,and little" intiations" , that are perverse,and just wrong. You are considered a wuss,and unworthy of any admiration if you don't buck up like a good soldier, and play along with the little games of torturing prisoners...or whatever their minds tell them is ok.

I feel so sorry for the souls who have been coerced into things, fooled into thinking what they were doing was ok...and having to live with those memories. I personally have heard of quite a few suicides here in the military, and I wonder if those statistics mentioned were based on percentage.

I agree with the second part although there isn't really initiations from what I know. I mean unless you count boot camp as initiation.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

more like "boyz club" type intiations... that are not part of duty.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
More guessing and speculation by those never in the military, color me surprised. If ya have no clue why even guess? I think it's fixing to be a liberal I hate American soldiers star and flag fest here soon.............just another of the bs politically glad handing crap this ilk likes to place here daily, start an I hate America forum already and leave the rest of the site to the grown ups.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join