It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Facing Ninth Deployment, Army Ranger Kills Himself. 'No Way' That God Would Forgive Him For What H

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by juveous
What sucks is that he committed suicide because he basically came to terms with going to Hell. The probable outlook was, If you know you are already going, aint no point in suffering from guilt on the way there, suicidal shortcut. This is why no one should be worrying about the prerequisites for the afterlife they believe in.

" he basically came to terms with going to Hell."

going to Hell,,he was there 8 times already,, it wasn't hell that scared him,,it was the thought of losing his soul,,
that he would be staying in hell, if he went back.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

A soldier's widow says his fellow Army Rangers wouldn't do anything to help him before he took his own life - after eight deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan.

where are the facts? heresay and conjecture

A spokesman for the base tells KOMO News that the nature of the death is still undetermined. But Staff Sgt. Hagemann's widow says her husband took his own life - and it didn't need to happen.

so what is all this "suicide" and god crap?

oh i remember what thats called its called twisting a puropted "new story" into a polticial agenda.

meh

edit on 14-8-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by adifferentbreed
reply to post by Arkady

as I've stated before, 1 of our soldiers is worth more than their entire country of people ton me so spare your bs. .

seriously?

this is the most epic facepalm i've seen on ATS.

i don't care what you think of my comment but this is an unacceptable statement no matter how you look at it.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Is it wrong for me to say there is something seriously wrong in the way servicemen are expected to perform their duties.

It would have been nice to have even a little homily given to the reporters from somebody in that army despite the circumstances, instead of what amounts to a no comment. R.I.P.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by kn0wh0w

So report it...............I don't care about any of them.
I stand by what I said, they mean nothing to me, our troops do.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
ontopic:

so far neo96 pointed out to cause of death, at this point, is still unknown.

either way i feel sorry for him, his family and others involved. my condolences.

but i don't think the horrors that war bring, will do anybody any good.
i've never heard a soldier say; 'eey mate, the cool sh*t that i witnessed in afghanistan, iraq or where ever'

should speak volumes.
war is horror and always will be.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

More guessing and speculation by those never in the military, color me surprised. If ya have no clue why even guess? I think it's fixing to be a liberal I hate American soldiers star and flag fest here soon.............just another of the bs politically glad handing crap this ilk likes to place here daily, start an I hate America forum already and leave the rest of the site to the grown ups.

I love how this is always the argument "You aren't in the army you can't judge if it's good or bad" that is stupid. I have a strong feeling that right now the army is doing more harm than good. I have a right to that opinion.

Have fun loving American troops when they do bad things. We aren't talking about that however.

(Should probably add that most troops are good people however that doesn't take away the acts of evil that have been committed and covered up.)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

reply to post by kn0wh0w

So report it...............I don't care about any of them.
I stand by what I said, they mean nothing to me, our troops do.

i'm not going to report you, i'm not childish.

i think your comment is childish and completely narrowminded.

a human life is a human life.

be it your brother, be it a muslim 7000 miles away.

again

edit on 14-8-2011 by kn0wh0w because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by drew1749

and that opinion paid for in blood from the millions of american servicemen

including the dude who your arguing with

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

so what is all this "suicide" and god crap? oh i remember what thats called its called twisting a puropted "new story" into a polticial agenda.

I usually agree with a lot of what you say however anymore I have to disagree with a lot of what you're saying. The God stuff came up because that was mentioned in the article so it is sorta relevant and suicide is because he committed suicide.

How is this a political agenda?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

More guessing and speculation by those never in the military, color me surprised. If ya have no clue why even guess? I think it's fixing to be a liberal I hate American soldiers star and flag fest here soon.............just another of the bs politically glad handing crap this ilk likes to place here daily, start an I hate America forum already and leave the rest of the site to the grown ups.

I love how this is always the argument "You aren't in the army you can't judge if it's good or bad" that is stupid. I have a strong feeling that right now the army is doing more harm than good. I have a right to that opinion.

Have fun loving American troops when they do bad things. We aren't talking about that however.

(Should probably add that most troops are good people however that doesn't take away the acts of evil that have been committed and covered up.) [/quoteHave fun loving American troops when they do bad things.Pretty much gave away your agenda right there. And yes, thanks to the military you do have a right to that opinion no matter how uneducated it is, one more thing for you to be grateful for.
edit on 14-8-2011 by adifferentbreed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

The opinion that our army is doing bad things and I won't enlist ever to defend immoral things killed troops?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Nope, it exposed the agenda of this thread, exploiting a mans death for political gain. Makes sense, if ya can't join them, insult them, have fun from the safety of your house.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
What are they thinking? I knew we were pushing guys on a 6th and 7th tour but NINE?? Isn't there a friggen training command these long tooth vets could go be a part of and contribute real knowledge without getting shot at anymore??

The military is very, very, very small today. There was no other person to send but him.

Since we have a small volunteer Professional military, if I was Secretary of Defense I'd sit down with the CIA and see about how we could get Cocaine to the frontline combat troops.

They would mentally be able to keep doing what they were doing if they were addicted to Cocaine. Plus they'd be more effective.

When they come back you throw them in a dry out/rehab facility for 6 months...then retire them.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Pervius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

In recent history more stories have come out about how our soldiers killed innocents then stories that we're doing good things. You can say it's media bias however I feel that life is life. We have killed people. Some of these people are kids.

I'm a anti-war type of guy. Yes war helped me have a right to a opinion but that was for a good war. One for good causes. Not one that will never end because we got involved in a conflict that's been going on since the bible.
edit on 8/14/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
If he was so religious why did he sign up in the military where you kill people? If you're trying to do the whole love your neighbor thing blowing your neighbor up might be somewhat of a hindrance. Brainwashed, dead soldiers as Carlin says.
edit on 14-8-2011 by Turq1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Nope, it exposed the agenda of this thread, exploiting a mans death for political gain. Makes sense, if ya can't join them, insult them, have fun from the safety of your house.

lol? I didn't write the article. I saw it on reddit once again. I love reddit you should read it some time.

I don't have a agenda at least not a deceitful one. I may be wrong (I dont think I am) but I don't have an agenda. I am me and I believe what I say.

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Sex sells. The media damn well knows an outrage, real or imagined. will out sell a feel good story any day, but you keep dreaming pal. Admit this thread for what it is and the failure that it is. If you're looking for stars and flags tell the mods I said you could have minie o.k.?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

In recent history more stories have come out about how our soldiers killed innocents then stories that we're doing good things. You can say it's media bias however I feel that life is life. We are killed people. Some of these people are kids.

I'm a anti-war type of guy. Yes war helped me have a right to a opinion but that was for a good war. One for good causes. Not one that will never end because we got involved in a conflict that's been going on since the bible.

The military went thru the same thing in Vietnam.

What America did back then was spit in their face, belittle them, then call them drunkards and ignore them.

+60% of allll the Vietnam War vets are DEAD. That's how you anti-war people dealt with that Generation.

Why haven't you started a campaign after today's kids calling them baby-killers?

posted on Aug, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pervius

In recent history more stories have come out about how our soldiers killed innocents then stories that we're doing good things. You can say it's media bias however I feel that life is life. We are killed people. Some of these people are kids.

The military went thru the same thing in Vietnam.

What America did back then was spit in their face, belittle them, then call them drunkards and ignore them.

+60% of allll the Vietnam War vets are DEAD. That's how you anti-war people dealt with that Generation.

Why haven't you started a campaign after today's kids calling them baby-killers?

Yes another war that we shouldn't have gone into and ended up losing. Good point.

Look at Vietnam to see how Afganistan is going. We're losing. It's simple as that. We need to bring the troops home and stop the wars.

It drives me insane that people would defend these wars that we have going on.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join