It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 201
588
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
it wasn't cnn that wasn't accurate it was the person being interviwed
named anna who says the sirens are going off and another tsunami
was on the way talking about the dangers of even a 4ft wave due to debree




posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
found this on twitter


Mother Jones
@MotherJones Mother Jones
Worst earthquake statement so far, via CNBC's anchors: tumblr.com... #DisasterCapitalism
1 minute ago via Tumblr Favorite Retweet Reply


amazing the disgusting motives people in in this world have.

maybe it is not a conspiracy maybe it is all intentional and it really is a way for the USA to pull out of the economic crisis. One can only believe this is not the case. Must have faith... must have faith....



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Ok what will happen if Japan or parts of it fall into the sea or sinks in? It should effect the Pacific Ocean by causing waves to travel as far as America and if that if that is the case how bad would America get hit? Waves would probably be like mountains so I guess a lot of damage if that ever happens. It would effect the rest of the earth too no doubt.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
it wasn't cnn that wasn't accurate it was the person being interviwed
named anna who says the sirens are going off and another tsunami
was on the way talking about the dangers of even a 4ft wave due to debree


Which is why we on ATS cite sources.. not just some woman on the tv.

Currently the watch has been upgraded to possible .5 meter tsunamis.. but that is nothing compared to what they were earlier hit with.

That is not to say they are in the clear... these aftershocks could go on for a month.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots



The U.S. and France also said they had plans to distribute doses of stable potassium iodine.


en.rian.ru...


Say what
I am really hoping that there isn't another even moderately big one because it looks like they are having issues with multiple reactors 'cause the EQ goofed up their redundant safety systems.
The safety systems would have worked if it all didn't get so badly displaced by the EQ....I get the feeling those in charge in Japan are in uncharted waters right now.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
according to whatever robot was sitting in front of the camera on CNN about a 1/2 hr. ago, he said radioactive Cesium (but who knows if he knows what he's even saying or talking about) i'm sadly reminded why i don't watch any news channels anymore. i'm coming to this site for my info...thank you everyone!



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Yokota Air Base Staging Relief
Source: www.yokota.af.mil...


3/12/2011 - A C-130 Hercules carrying U.S. Marines arrives here March 12. The flight was part of the first wave of American disaster relief forces to assist the earthquake and tsunami recovery effort. (U.S. Air Force photo/Airman 1st Class Andrea Salazar)










---

We heard the HH-60's coming in last night around 9PM JST. The C-130J came in around that time too.

edit on 12-3-2011 by AnnunakiX because: added personal note



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic
 





Currently the watch has been upgraded to possible .5 meter tsunamis.. but that is nothing compared to what they were earlier hit with.



like anna said it is bad when you have debree in the waters already that can be hurled into people



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Past 24hrs there have been 140+ quakes of 4.5 or larger near or in Japan



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
Ok what will happen if Japan or parts of it fall into the sea or sinks in? It should effect the Pacific Ocean by causing waves to travel as far as America and if that if that is the case how bad would America get hit? Waves would probably be like mountains so I guess a lot of damage if that ever happens. It would effect the rest of the earth too no doubt.


Maybe it will only hit Charlie Sheen's house? Seeing as he expects it, it's only fair.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   
No offense but are there any other countries helping out or are they too busy fighting each other again?



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SUICIDEHK45
Past 24hrs there have been 140+ quakes of 4.5 or larger near or in Japan


I've counted over 200 here:

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
they just said on cnn that there are 2 warnings in effect for tsunami's
am i the only one hearing these reports ?



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by The time lord
 


Google?

Even China has put aside its differences with Japan and promised help.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
this is awful!!...what would happen if all the power plants blew up??,would it cause another tsunami? what would happen to the world radiation wise?
btw this is my very first post on this site...
poor japan.my heart goes out to all those poor people affected xxx



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
No offense but are there any other countries helping out or are they too busy fighting each other again?
There are other countries helping...SK, UK, a few others. japan asked specifically for LIMITED help, though



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic
 





Currently the watch has been upgraded to possible .5 meter tsunamis.. but that is nothing compared to what they were earlier hit with.



like anna said it is bad when you have debree in the waters already that can be hurled into people


Anna who? see?

At this point we are talking about a foot and a half of water.. this is not going to make it far inland IF, thats IF it does actually make landfall.

The current size is not that big of a worry ( though its still not a good thing)... its a larger aftershock and wave that is a serious danger atm.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic
 





Currently the watch has been upgraded to possible .5 meter tsunamis.. but that is nothing compared to what they were earlier hit with.



like anna said it is bad when you have debree in the waters already that can be hurled into people


Anna who? She could be anyone for all i know.

What makes her so special?

Is she a Reporter? A Specialist?

Why should we take Anna's word for it?



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bekzibabe
this is awful!!...what would happen if all the power plants blew up??,would it cause another tsunami? what would happen to the world radiation wise?
btw this is my very first post on this site...
poor japan.my heart goes out to all those poor people affected xxx


The plants cant really blow up, and it cant cause another tsunami. However, material could leak, cause a steam explosion and put radioactivity into the atmosphere.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bekzibabe
this is awful!!...what would happen if all the power plants blew up??,would it cause another tsunami? what would happen to the world radiation wise?
btw this is my very first post on this site...
poor japan.my heart goes out to all those poor people affected xxx


I don't see how a power plant explosion would cause another tsunami since they are on land. Maybe the other way around?







 
588
<< 198  199  200    202  203  204 >>

log in

join