It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 200
<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I'm flipping between BBC and CNN. CNN seems to be trying to report everything all at once therefore they are getting things wrong and contradicting themselves and they are also being more 'sensational'. BBC appears to be being circumspect and not reporting anything until its confirmed therefore news is slower getting out.

I honestly don't know which approach is correct but it might be a reflection of the aimed audience.... CNN aims at Americans and in general they may need to be slightly more hard hitting to affect their audience than BBC who aim at a British audience who might be less hardened to the CNN style of reporting?
edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
cnn just said again about the coming tsunami to japan did you hear it
there is your source

I think you might be forgetting that not all of us are from the US and do not get CNN. How about posting a link to a live feed?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

there is your source

I think you might be forgetting that not all of us are from the US and do not get CNN. How about posting a link to a live feed?

get xm radio thats where i am listening to cnn right now. if you do not believe when i report sorry but im not making it up

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa
I'm flipping between BBC and CNN. CNN seems to be trying to report everything all at once therefore they are getting things wrong and contradicting themselves and they are also being more 'sensational'. BBC appears to be being circumspect and not reporting anything until its confirmed therefore news is slower getting out.

I honestly don't know which approach is correct but it might be a reflection of the aimed audience.... CNN aims at Americans and in general they may need to be slightly more hard hitting to affect their audience than BBC who aim at a British audience who might be less hardened to the CNN style of reporting?

www.livestation.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by skitzspiricy

there is your source

get xm radio thats where i am listening to cnn right now. if you do not believe when i report sorry but im not making it up

Its not about believing you or not.. ATS is big about sources.

You need to start getting used to that fact.

You have to remember not everybody is situated in the same corner of the world.. being able to see things for ones' own eyes is important.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TwiTcHomatic

gotcha but some of my reports are from audio sources which they might put online later i don't know i would go to cnn.com if you want
conformation of one of my reports. i also provide reports that have links . i just post current news when i can despite link or not, it can
all be verified .

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   

No-one is saying your making it up.... But you have to provide sources and links for people to see with their own eyes or hear with their own ears.

Would you believe me if I said 'the sky just turned pink - HYT' If you don't have 'HYT' how are you going to decide if that happened here or not?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by SUICIDEHK45

We sure did'nt do this on the night shift last night did we
btw thanks for all your posts last night

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Versa

ok well i will go look for a link for the coming tsunami

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
found this on twitter

Mother Jones
@MotherJones Mother Jones
Worst earthquake statement so far, via CNBC's anchors: tumblr.com... #DisasterCapitalism
1 minute ago via Tumblr Favorite Retweet Reply

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

The U.S. and France also said they had plans to distribute doses of stable potassium iodine.

en.rian.ru...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

They mean distribute to the Japanese and/or their own servicemen and personnel in Japan.......right?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Last time I was here I was at page 105, can someone update me on what is going on, I mean news stuff that the news probably won't tell you either.

I just like to add this into the mix, you don't have to reply to it.

Revelation 16:19
The great city split into three parts, and the cities of the nations collapsed. God remembered Babylon the Great and gave her the cup filled with the wine of the fury of his wrath.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
can't find a link on the new tsunami . and can't find audio recording of
cnn on xm so when there is a twitter link with the news i will post it here a woman named anna said one was on the way after being interviewed on cnn and that the debree combined with a 4 ft wave would be dangerous and thats all i know about that, but i wll continue to wait for a link.

link   

Originally posted by 00nunya00
reply to post by captaintyinknots

They mean distribute to the Japanese and/or their own servicemen and personnel in Japan.......right?

i dont know.....makes me nervous though

link   

reply to post by Versa

ok well i will go look for a link for the coming tsunami

this is about the best link you can use for current tsunami alerts for that area.

www.jma.go.jp...

Currently there is NO warning.. just advisory, which means they are still watching for them. If CNN said one is on the way.. they are not being accurate at this point.
edit on 12-3-2011 by TwiTcHomatic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Versa

No-one is saying your making it up.... But you have to provide sources and links for people to see with their own eyes or hear with their own ears.

Unless you blame it on HAARP, solar flares or The Illuminati.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
don't see how that would be hard to believe considering they have had high mag after quakes that another tsunami would eventually happen

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by lordvader

I wish I wouldn't have watched that. It's really so sad. Everybody is so worried about silly things like money and the economic outlook. I wish we lived in a society where we could shut down this country for a day and honor our brothers and sister who lost their lives.

top topics

<< 197  198  199    201  202  203 >>

join