It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 199
588
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   


"The Japanese reactor accident at the Fukushima Daiichi I plant is already the second worst nuclear power plant accident, second only to Chernobyl." -- Michio Kaku, theoretical physicist at C.U.N.Y. [bigthink.com...]


Dude cant seem to make up his mind...




posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock
 


They do occasionally get info that net sources haven't picked up.

But I too am relying very heavily on the net, especially the private intel sources I subscribe to as they seem to be more on top of things.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Wow! I went to sleep for like 5 hours and the only thing that had a meltdown is this thread! What the hell happened to you guys?



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord
 


source please

link please



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots
 


Michio should just stick to his show about turning sci fi in to theoretical reality and leave the rest to people who know what the hell they're talking about.

There IS a meltdown underway Michio. There IS another reactor in an emergency situation right now. Things ARE getting worse.
edit on 12-3-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord
 


source please

link please



audio source cnn



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by jude11
 


The events are related wouldn't you say? Especially since some of the rumbling is causing further damage to the nuke plants.


I do see that they are relevant but there's another thread covering the Nuke info. Just wondering if they had merged.

Nuke Thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 12-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
im subcribed to almost every news source on twitter aside from that
i have been listing to fox but they didnt give constant feed on japan so i went to cnn seems like no one can get the true facts on anything
so many conflicting reports everywhere



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by jude11
 


The events are related wouldn't you say? Especially since some of the rumbling is causing further damage to the nuke plants.


I do see that they are relevant but there's another thread covering the Nuke info. Just wondering if they had merged.


No they haven't. In fact the mods have repeatedly posted that the nuke stuff belongs in the other thread, but that's currently being ignored and the mods aren't enforcing it.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by projectvxn
reply to post by jude11
 


The events are related wouldn't you say? Especially since some of the rumbling is causing further damage to the nuke plants.


I do see that they are relevant but there's another thread covering the Nuke info. Just wondering if they had merged.


we had the nuke info covered long before that thread was up....not that its a competition. I just hate it that someone is taking other people's topics and fishing for stars and flag with it....



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
anna on cnn right now says expierenced 2 aftershocks over the last 2 hours buildings swaying side to side power lines coming down is now talking about the tsunami .



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
im subcribed to almost every news source on twitter aside from that
i have been listing to fox but they didnt give constant feed on japan so i went to cnn seems like no one can get the true facts on anything
so many conflicting reports everywhere


I'm using this.

www.livestation.com...



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
cnn just said again about the coming tsunami to japan did you hear it
there is your source



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
guys I saw on cnn.com that they are using sea water and boron to cool reactor.

now i barely passed my science exams but is boron not used to slow down a chain reaction and contain it, to steady its pace so that energy can be used to make electricity?

if i am right then why are they using boron to cool the reactor. the reactors already shut down the problem is cooling not shutting down the reactor.

your take on this


Thanks

No alcohol day for me today



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Quake-hit Japan nuclear plant faces fresh threat t.co...



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
5.2 just hit

MAP 5.2 2011/03/12 23:40:49 36.651 141.704 25.3 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN
earthquake.usgs.gov...



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Maybe someone can answer a question? there was mention of caesium being registered/traced and that is the evidence that totally supports a melt down.. Does anyone know which cesium it is that has been traced? as Im checking on the half life / decay time.

Known half-lifes

The radioactive Caesium 135 has a very long half-life of about 2.3 million years, while Caesium 137 and 134 have half-lives of 30 and 2 years, respectively.

Would be good to know how long this is going to be active.

Respects
edit on 12-3-2011 by captiva because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lordvader
guys I saw on cnn.com that they are using sea water and boron to cool reactor.

now i barely passed my science exams but is boron not used to slow down a chain reaction and contain it, to steady its pace so that energy can be used to make electricity?

if i am right then why are they using boron to cool the reactor. the reactors already shut down the problem is cooling not shutting down the reactor.

your take on this


Thanks

No alcohol day for me today


They arent using boron to cool the reactor, they are using it to absorb the radioactivity. Its desperation at this point.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Germany's atomic energy commission say that he knew from Japanese colleagues that the core meltdopwn had happened and stakes his reputation on it.

That's one line of official confirmation coming out.



posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Maybe someone can answer a question? there was mention of caesium being registered/traced and that is the evidence that totally supports a ment down.. Does anyone know which cesium it is that has been traced? as Im checking on the half life / decay time.

Known half-lifes

The radioactive Caesium 135 has a very long half-life of about 2.3 million years, while Caesium 137 and 134 have half-lives of 30 and 2 years, respectively.

Would be good to know how long this is going to be active.

Respects


ill see what I can find, although i dont recall seeing specifics.




top topics



 
588
<< 196  197  198    200  201  202 >>

log in

join