It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 198
<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I dont know about you guys and galls, but Im sick fed up with the politically correct, protect our ass talk coming from all corners of the Japanese government agencies.

A nuclear core does not partially melt...Its Melting is what its doing. Thats like saying water partially fell over the waterfall. It dosnt partially melt then stop. Why cant they just say "This is the truth" we cant stop this and its a disater like never seen before.

It reminds me of the shoplifter saying they just forgot to pay...instead of saying "I didnt pay" While Im on a roll can I just add, we can all feel there is much more to come in the very near future.

Respects

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Preliminary: 6.1 earthquake, Near East Coast of Honshu, Japan. On 2011/03/12 23:24:48 UTC (15m ago, depth 10km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Most recent aftershock was a 6.1

GFZ Potsdam - Earthquake Bulletin
Region: Near East Coast of Honshu, Japan
Time: 2011-03-12 23:24:48.6 UTC
Magnitude: 6.1
Epicenter: 141.66°E 38.01°N
Depth: 10 km

I've followed NewEarthquake on Twitter for over a year and have the tweets sent to my phone. As soon as a quake is registered it sends them out automatically. Extremely informative & interesting to follow.

Edit to add: Another two just registered: 5.4 & another 6.1

edit on 3/12/2011 by Whisper67 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/12/2011 by Whisper67 because: Update

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
this guy on cnn said that the 8.9 could be foreshock of something bigger

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
25 hours into rescue efforts and not one person found - cnn

really?

An elderly person is rescued by helicopter from the roof of an elementary school after an earthquake and tsunami in Sendai, northeastern Japan on Saturday.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
See, just want to remind people that the Japanese are very loved by American youth in a particular way. We worry about our oil and our various big people problems, but children worry about the people that make and produce their games, cartoons, books, movies, Pokemon cards, ect. Play is children's business, and kids are taking this seriously.

Thanks for a thoughtful and refreshing break from all the hysterics.

link   
tsunami expected can cause major danger for rescuers even a 4 or 5 ft wave can move all of the things already in the water towards the people.

link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

And if a 7.9 quake occurs then would it not create another tsunami?

Seems things are getting worse by the minute.

link   
reply to post by Gamecock

I was willing to give CNN the benefit of the doubt here...But it seems like they are purposefully posting conflicting reports and misinformation.

Starting to piss me off.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Gamecock

congrats you proved cnn wrong !

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

And if a 7.9 quake occurs then would it not create another tsunami?

Seems things are getting worse by the minute.

there is already a tsunami on the way from the aftershocks that have taken place.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Source?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Kyodo is reporting another reactor is releasing radioactive steam

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

cnn no link they just had someone on from japan saying that one is on the way sirens are going off and its 4 or 5 ft wave that will pose dangers for rescuers due to the debrie in the water

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Has this thread moved from the EQ to Nuclear Threat?

Anyway...

Still rumbling.

Saturday March 12 2011, 23:24:50 UTC 26 minutes ago near the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.1

quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

no all of the high mag aftershocks have been reported the plant story
is important atm and would cause more damage than aftershocks until
the tsunami arrives. also the aftershocks are effecting efforts at the plants so very revelant
edit on 12-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

correct

and judging by some posts on this thread I will assume that children are more polite,courteous & sensitive towards this disaster

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The events are related wouldn't you say? Especially since some of the rumbling is causing further damage to the nuke plants.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

CNN, FOX, MSNBC... they all love to do that kind of stuff..

Just like they will show replays of old footage (from hours ago, to even yesterday) on the main screen, with LIVE ----- BREAKING NEWS still flashing on the screen, while they voice over whatever current news personality is saying.

They're doing it now with the japan disaster and they do it all the time; it was bugging me when they did it during the gulf oil spill. It seems like they almost try to "trick" whatever viewers might be surfing through channels to stay on their channel and listen to their LIVE BREAKING NEWS even though it happened yesterday or hours ago and they have already reported by six other news personalities on the same network. Nothing is wrong with summarizing what has happened, but they are almost deceitful about it... just to be more dramatic and capture your attention.

I prefer to get my news from a variety of online sources and forums like this one, and then cross reference all the news agencies and decide what is reliable and what is not. It is sort of a game to me to figure out "real" info for myself before it shows up on CNN.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   

like what 10.5?

new topics

top topics

<< 195  196  197    199  200  201 >>

join