It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

8.9 Quake hits off coast of Japan! Live Updates.

page: 204
<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by premierepastimes
reply to post by skitzspiricy

Too much info IS put up without sources. It's sad though because I have gotten so tired of being berated by other members that I have quit putting up ANY info that I receive if I do not have a web link. Whether it's on the tube, radio, or word-of-mouth I won't even post. I don't know what kind of source people would want when I say "I saw on CNN and I heard on FOX." FOX and CNN would be the sources. It seems like people(not you in particular) are just far too lazy to do any research without a direct link. Even if I get linked to a source from somebody else's post, let's say to CNN, I do not take that CNN link at face value, I research the topic until I have a good understanding of originating sources, main ideas, opposing ideas, etc. Under this policy, if somebody asks a question and I know the answer, but don't know how I got the answer I need to just keep my mouth shut. SILLY

Exactly. What I come to ATS for is information not given out by the MSM not constant updates on what the MSM are saying.

I'm here for information from the experts here on ATS that can give links not related to MSM, I can watch MSM myself.

edit on 12/3/11 by Versa because: (no reason given)

link   
well first off i would like to thank everyone who has contrubited to this thread!

i have finally made my way to a computer and internet to come here for my news fix as im not getting much cover where i am from..

This is a tragedy my heart thoughts and prayers are with the people of japan and all the families who have lost loved one due to this eartquake/tusnami and possible meltdown(not sure on last one conflicting reports as ive seen)

took me since 10am this morning to read through the entire thread before i posted i jsut can't believe whats going on it brings tears to eyes to see this unfolding! absolutly heartbreaking

just wanted to thank all our members here at ats that have contributed i had no idea of the aftershocks second tsunami?. and meltdown till i found this thread i will be glued now i hope wish and pray this is the last but from the looks of things it is just the start

edit on 12-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by karmajayne because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2011 by karmajayne because: spelling

link   
Im going to sleep, hopefully better, more positive news tomorrow. Brilliant work by todays shift yet again. Makes you wish the rest of the earth could come together as we do, when we realy need to.

Respects think positive, stay calm and may your own god go with you.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
49 countries are helping Japan with this major problems right now, this is an example of true human working together where we put aside our differences!

U.S. troops, USS Ronald Reagan arrive in Japan

www.cnn.com...

AND

International relief extended to devastated Japan

www.cnn.com...

I am very happy to see that world are starting to help Japan with this kind of severe crisis because Japan truly need world's help. This is very big positive thing happening and I will never stop hoping for the better situation for Japan!

Chaoic out...
edit on 12-3-2011 by Chaoic_Black_Dragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
reply to post by skitzspiricy

I totally understand that, but what doesn't help is people not posting links to back up what they are saying so i can go and check it out for myself.

why you even waiting on others to bring you the information? if you care that concerned why dont you go look for your own updates and sources instead of complaining about others ! what i heard i reported and has been verified
edit on 12-3-2011 by GullibleUnderlord because: (no reason given)

I have plenty of information up thank you.

The thing is, when you make a claim about something like....

"Anna said so and so"

It's like you're assuming that everyone on this thread knows what you are talking about. When in fact they may not.

I or Someone else, may have come into the thread and missed a post 4 pages back (because the thread is moving at such a fast rate) that stated you were watching CNN and this is where you are getting your info from. So how are we to know who Anna is and who she represents, if you don't put that info in your post?

This is my main point really.

I understand that you are trying your best to keep people informed and i appreciate that. But it may be helpful to elaborate a bit more.
edit on 12-3-2011 by skitzspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Latest series of +5 aftershock sequences demonstrating perfectly what I was mentioning yesterday about the mitigration of these aftershocks following a migration trend North-South before the stress transitions back towards another lateral faultline on this part of the subduction zone. It'll explain the (now) long durations were experiencing between these +6 aftershocks which I believe are earthquake sequences in themselves being set off in unison by each other.

i1176.photobucket.com...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   
VIDEO: Watch this raw video of the explosion at a nuclear power plant in Japan: apne.ws... -EF #earthquake #tsunami

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Chaoic_Black_Dragon

that is fantastic news so we should im sick of all the fighting between all the countries in the world!

IT takes a major tragedy to bring us all together im am so happy to see all these countries banding together to help japan this nation who has suffered too much pain in the last two days i juat can't imangine what it would be like for them.

i heard on the radio this moring that we(New Zealand) is sending 48 people over to japan to help with this disaster and so we should as they help us in our need of our just last month with the chch earthquake i hope the death toll is minamal even with the ongoing aftershock and earthquakes

KIA KAHA japan
stand strong
we are sending all our aroha your way may god be with you in this hour of need!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

So . . . what does that mean in layman's terms for those of us that are stupid?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GullibleUnderlord

How is that different than any of the other links to video footage of the same explosion that have been posted?

In fact, it's shorter than any other I have seen. And not raw.

And you've been on this thread for hours, so how did you miss this being the exact same as the others?
edit on 12-3-2011 by 00nunya00 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Preliminary: 6.1 earthquake, Near East Coast of Honshu, Japan. On 2011/03/13 01:26:06 UTC (9m ago, depth 22km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
6 pointers keep coming in !!!

6.6 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 10:26am at epicenter (11m ago, 164km ESE of Mito, depth 1km). j.mp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
RT @jooheecho: Around #2 Daini plant, officials working to get 30,000 out from its 6-mile evacuation zone. #fukushima #japan #prayforjapan

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by GullibleUnderlord
6 pointers keep coming in !!!

6.6 earthquake, off the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 10:26am at epicenter (11m ago, 164km ESE of Mito, depth 1km). j.mp...

DEPTH 1KM

Wow, that's weird... the rest were all 15-30 km deep...
Some geologist here to explain?

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
NEW!!!!

11 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.6 1.0

Only 1 km deep!

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
reply to post by RUDDD

So . . . what does that mean in layman's terms for those of us that are stupid?

That's what it meant. The 6.6 close to Tokyo, wasn't expecting it to be as soon as that however. Interesting to see this pattern emerge, despite a few here doubting it.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

BREAKING NEWS: Radiation surpasses legal limit in Fukushima No. 1 plant premises: TEPCO (10

english.kyodonews.jp...

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
NEW!!!!

11 minutes ago off the east coast of Honshu, Japan 6.6 1.0

Only 1 km deep!

before you post look to see if its been reported yet please.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
ok so with all these aftershocking coming in thick and fast and as some one posted before me it was bouncing around north to south east to west sorry corect me if im wrong!

does this mean its building up to a another large quake as big as the intial quake?.

if i remember correctly ther was the 7.2 a few small after shocks a tsunami advisory

then the big 8.9 and then all the following aftershocks and earthquakes on another fault with those aftershocks could this potentilly cause the other fault to have a big quake the size of the 8.9?. as it is a seperate fault to the original or is this going off to release the pressure of the first quake?.

sorry lots of questions i have little to none knowledge of how earthquake work
also appoligies for spelling as im the worst at spelling

thank you
edit on 12-3-2011 by karmajayne because: spelling

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Revised (6.6 -> 6.2): 6.2 earthquake, near the east coast of Honshu, Japan. Mar 13 10:26am at epicenter (19m ago, 132km … j.mp...

new topics

top topics

<< 201  202  203    205  206  207 >>

join