It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why humans will never colonize space

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
reply to post by I.T.S.U.

Apparently under the current conditions its not possible. The radiation alone will make males sterile out of the womb so they say here in the article.

exackly! It goes under the current conditions and technology we have today
who knows what were gonna have tomorrow

posted on Feb, 26 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
thanks for the reply superdebz

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
well its like this.....human civilization is 600 years behind in technology because of the the dark ages.we would be colonizing space if we had technology like energy shields artificial gravity hyper drive ext..ill bet we might have this level of technology in about 600 years from now.i think it takes a type 2 or type 3 civilization to fully concur space.we might get there someday.

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

with enough technolgy advancements it could be possible

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by paranormal78
well its like this.....human civilization is 600 years behind in technology because of the the dark ages.we would be colonizing space if we had technology like energy shields artificial gravity hyper drive ext..ill bet we might have this level of technology in about 600 years from now.i think it takes a type 2 or type 3 civilization to fully concur space.we might get there someday.

I really don't think it will take that long to have this technology..I bet we have it in the next 20 years or so..thanks for the reply

posted on Feb, 27 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow

with enough technolgy advancements it could be possible

I agree with your statement

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
I have already explained how it all happens,
End of discussionm

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AmmonSeth
I have already explained how it all happens,
End of discussionm

Maybe the end of the discussion for you but not for others..

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Future spacecraft will have an electromagnetic shield, just like Earth. So, no problem.

posted on Mar, 1 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterp
Future spacecraft will have an electromagnetic shield, just like Earth. So, no problem.

Thanks for your reply

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
So we just can't have kids while in interstellar travel. Only on one of our many bases on our planets across the cosmos.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

I just showed you what writer of the article had to say but your right i always thought that was the plan also to colonize other planets but this guy thinks the opposite who knows..

didn't mean to come across a picking on you
good discussion thanks for keeping it friendly

posted on Mar, 24 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by iforget

I'm a friendly kinda girl thanks for replying

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   

I read something a few years back about some kind of radiation 'shield' that was in development but can't find the source article maybe this can help us procreate in space

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Yes i think that is similar to the article i read Scientists had developed a system that could possibly protect ships from radiation 100% in the future. The OP has some serious nerve to say we can't do this we can't do that when its been proven time and time again. We can do whatever the heck we put our minds to

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by XRaDiiX

Yes i think that is similar to the article i read Scientists had developed a system that could possibly protect ships from radiation 100% in the future. The OP has some serious nerve to say we can't do this we can't do that when its been proven time and time again. We can do whatever the heck we put our minds to

XRaDiiX
I never said we couldn't the man that wrote the article did I'm sure we have already figured that problem out~~cookie

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
This post won't be like my usual:

Are you retarded? Anyone whoever says anything is out of humanity's reach is always proven wrong. We find solutions to all things in our way. Case closed.

You know what. That name calling is uncalled for. This is an article in the paper and your comment is very rude and unconstructive. If you have nothing good to add to the thread then dont say anything.

You're thread title is pretty ridiculous IMO. Why will we never colonize space a bit pessimistic aren't we?

Should be more like "Will we ever colonize space?"
edit on 26-3-2011 by XRaDiiX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Okay...but thats with our current technology. As we progress (if we do), it is possible we could find a way to repel radiation of space ships, and a way to generate artificial gravity in deep space. Youre holding future generations to our standards. We probably wont even leave Earth on a mass scale for generations to come, we still have a lot of time.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by 8fl0z

Okay...but thats with our current technology. As we progress (if we do), it is possible we could find a way to repel radiation of space ships, and a way to generate artificial gravity in deep space. Youre holding future generations to our standards. We probably wont even leave Earth on a mass scale for generations to come, we still have a lot of time.

We probably wont even leave Earth on a mass scale for generations to come, we still have a lot of time.
Probably not I'm sure i wont see that happen in my lifetime and its to bad with all that's going on in our world.

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Couldn't spaceships protect against this kind of radiation?
No. These are no ordinary protons, but high-energy proton particles
from galactic cosmic rays. We on Earth are kept safe from them by our
atmosphere and magnetic field, but astronauts in space remain
vulnerable.

Artificial atmosphere, if we are safe here we can recreate the technologies, it would take a while but anything is possible

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join