It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why humans will never colonize space

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sugarcookie1

Wow that just goes to show how nasa can waste money on silly things like that.

They must have more important missions on the cards than this, like "Are We Alone?"

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by wlasikiewicz

Wow that just goes to show how nasa can waste money on silly things like that.

They must have more important missions on the cards than this, like "Are We Alone?"

I think Nasa knows were not alone im sure they have known it for many years..I dont think Nasa its doing alot now days there is no money and our president cut back funding..

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

You'd be wrong to say that. Actually, they've been given additional funding, on the condition that they halt the Bush-era Constellation mission. So what you had heard was simplified information, which is understandable. That's all the mass media aggregates. NASA is investing in private space exploration and working with some companies quite closely. In fact, from what I can tell, NASA is being more productive than usual, especially more than any time in the last decade.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terrorist

You'd be wrong to say that. Actually, they've been given additional funding, on the condition that they halt the Bush-era Constellation mission. So what you had heard was simplified information, which is understandable. That's all the mass media aggregates. NASA is investing in private space exploration and working with some companies quite closely. In fact, from what I can tell, NASA is being more productive than usual, especially more than any time in the last decade.

Thanks for the info i learned something new today..I did know about the private space exploration
thanks for the reply

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Actually a magnetic field which could also be part of a Vasimr engine system can protect against radiation. A simple spin of a spacecraft can produce gravity. So while its a tad expensive to build ships that will support humanity in space we have the knowledge and technology to do it now. We just rather spend money on killing each other.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xeven
Actually a magnetic field which could also be part of a Vasimr engine system can protect against radiation.

I just said that

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Yeah, there is a lot to read up on! That field is really interesting lately. You should frequent Space.com. That's mainly how I've learned about it. There's a lot of corresponding information on Wikipedia and SpaceDaily.com as well.

posted on May, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Yeah, there is a lot to read up on! That field is really interesting lately. You should frequent Space.com. That's mainly how I've learned about it. There's a lot of corresponding information on Wikipedia and SpaceDaily.com as well.

Thank you for the links im going to look at them now

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Sorry, that so called Vasimr space engine can only realize less than 10% of the energy source to deliver its theoretical and unproven capabilities because it has never been upscaled yet, promise. You can look this up yourself if you don't scan through things you might not want to believe, (seeing its not NASA so their untested projections must be truthful and accurate) Right?

Now there is talk that some nuclear reactor could supply the power necessary, hah (it's not going to come from their prospectus). Challenge me and I will post the documentation on their 'theory'.

Since every guy in their back yard is more capable of space travel than NASA, this should prove to be a slow ball pitch for me to swing at, open your eyes, not your head because the brain seeps out of a too open head, that can't seem to grasp the basic repeatable concepts of particle physics.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Illustronic

They're going to send a test of the VASIMR to the ISS soon. So that's yet to be seen.

posted on May, 2 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

They're going to send a test of the VASIMR to the ISS soon. So that's yet to be seen.

I like your avatar

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

I like your avatar

I will have to keep an eye out for that test..I like his avatar also there is alot of neat ones here on ATS

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by sugarcookie1
[ I will have to keep an eye out for that test..I like his avatar also there is alot of neat ones here on ATS

Lol. Oh never mind turns my stomach.
Plasma rockets are a long way yet.

posted on May, 3 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angelic Resurrection

I like your avatar

Did you mean mine? You know what that is representing then? If so pretty cool, and thanks.

I was asked to image an idea from scientists at Brookhaven NL, (and its basically their construct) and my first drafts are usually simple to give an indication of how far we could go but thats all they wanted, work stopped there, its very vague and basal, nano-DNA for short.

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Seriously, how have you people not come up with a working design for an innertia engine,

Any of you with a good mind for engineering or just a strong imagination;
I challenge you to present me with a design for a vehicle (can be ground-based) that utilizes an engine powered by innertia.

The rules are simple, the design can be as fantastic as you like, as long as it works by using a power source only once at the beginning of its journey, and it must be designed for long distance travel, using the innertia energy created through sudden breaking to power 'jumps' after each sudden deceleration.

Up to the challenge anyone? Who knows, your design could be the progenitor for your species continued existence after having to leave planet Earth

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
to the OP: "Never underestimate the power of the handicapped!!"

posted on May, 6 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tonypazzohome
to the OP: "Never underestimate the power of the handicapped!!"

Never underestimate the power of the Ants

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Since technology will continue to advance and eventually we will eventually develop nanomachines, I think your statement of "never colonizing space" is a bit premature. After all nanomachines will not only be able to correct DNA damage, but restore bone and muscle loss due to living in low gravity environments and I am pretty sure it could be used to fertilize eggs and protect the embryos during gestation, as well. The question isn't if we develop nanites, but when and really if we actually combined the entire brain power of the human race it could easily be developed sooner rather than later. Peace be with you.

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
What about Cyborgs. When we alter our body to create humans that are mostly made up of machine parts. We can still colonize space. To utter the words "We will never colonize Space" Is just hogwash!

posted on May, 21 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
double post.
edit on 21-5-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join