It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
I just want to thank everybody who has replied so far. Sorry I haven't been on much to reply. I spent most of the late evening and early morning with a friend at the Hospital. He had appendicitis and it was removed in the wee hours.

I'll try my best today to answer some of the many questions people have posted.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

S&F!

One of your best!

I'm waiting for the solid state laser small enough to be carried in and powered by an F-22 and/or F-35.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
200 yrs ago, or so, Napoleon led a huge army to, some would say, many impressive conquests. Beethoven wrote music. Today, Napoleon is a big pathetic loser (Tolstoy considered him an idiot) and Beethoven still inpires people. Obviously some things are more important than war.

If I remember correctly SDI was initiated under the Carter administration although Raygun was its chief promoter.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I was watching 'The Wonders of the Solar System', or something to that effect, and the host goes up to the "Blue Line" in an aircraft. He goes up 80,000ft in this jet, like it was no big deal. They mention that the maximum altitude of the jet is "classified".. which leads me to think that it can probably go A LOT higher than we suspect. Possibly no limit? Out to space and back?

Does anyone know which craft I'm talking about? Any further details?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the wonderful, thought provoking thread. I just want to say this is why I joined ATS.

I bow to your thread cred, Slayer. No trolls, few debunkers, shared info and great conversations! It'll take a long time to digest this entirely.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Love threads like these.

Everyone also has to remember that anything the military lets us actually see, is completely out dated already (SR-71 for example, was made in the 60's! ).

This is why that although I believe in ET being out there somewhere, most of these UFO's that people see are probably our own toys.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

There have been a few jabs here and there mostly out of frustration because there isn't much that could be disagreed with or debunked

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by A-Dub

I agree.

I wanted to write a thread like those I remembered seeing when I first joined ATS way back when
[Many moons ago]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
I always would have thought the most cost effective way is to use small electrically fired case less ammo since it contains it's own oxygen supply for the charge and can be deployed in large numbers and be very effective at the speeds it was capable of in a vacum.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This is awesome. great post. no doubt we have stuff we can't even imagine. That is probably why we have so many ufo sightings. most likely our own stuff being tested.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Slayer, Brilliant Thread.
Kudos, S&F.

Some interesting information I would like to add for now.

When an Atlas 5 rocket thundered aloft from its launch pad on Florida’s sunny coast on December 10, 2007, reporters knew that the sponsor of the launch—the agency that owned the payload—was the NRO. They also received updates about the launch’s progress right up through four and a half minutes into the flight, when the payload fairing separated. At that point, the Air Force stopped releasing progress reports to prevent disclosure of the spacecraft’s secret mission and orbital parameters.

But although the NRO and the Air Force officially replied with a “no comment” to any questions about the payload, there was a glaringly blatant hint plastered on the side of the rocket’s nosecone. A big circular logo was affixed to the side of the payload fairing bearing the constellation name “Scorpius” and a graphical representation of the constellation. This was not that unusual: for nearly a decade now several NRO launches—but not the payloads themselves—have been named for constellations. The important hint was below the constellation.

Originally posted by SLAYER69

And finally in latin..
Caveo Noster Morsus
Beware of our Sting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99742683c6af.jpg[/atsimg]

Below the stars of Scorpio the logo featured an image of the Earth surrounded by three red satellite orbits. One of these circled the Earth at the equator, symbolizing a satellite in geosynchronous orbit, and the other two were in highly-elliptical, highly-inclined orbits, often referred to as HEO or, more traditionally, “Molniya” orbits after the early Soviet Union satellites that pioneered this path around the Earth. Those two types of orbits are occupied by a class of American communications data-relay satellites originally known by the name the Satellite Data System, or SDS, and that one source states was later named Quasar. Also painted on the logo was the Latin phrase Caveo Noster Morsus, which, loosely translated, means “I gather up our little bites”—a perfect description for the SDS mission.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b72da054423e.jpg[/atsimg]
source credit

the Latin phrase Caveo Noster Morsus could mean: "To be on one's guard, to take care for or make safe (secure) the sting or bite of the Scorpion."

If we consider that the Galactic Center is between Sagittarius and Scorpio it could be connected with the ”Alignement 2012” theory of John Major Jenkins.

alignment2012.com...

edit on 16-2-2011 by burntheships because: classified

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

That's very interesting.
Do you have a link to the specs?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Slayer: blizzard.rwic.und.edu...

Here is one scholars take on the development of a spaced based defense system. Raygun did not creat SDI. It was not his vision. You might as well say Flash Gordon created SDI or maybe Steve Corbett; Space Cadet. I doubt Raygun ever had an original thought in his life. Most of us don't. Raygun was the first high powered promoter of the idea.

This guy in this article talks about Gerald Ford initiating research into particle beams and lasers as weapons of defense against ICBM attack.

I am skeptical of your information.

The more complicated something is the more likely it is to break down and the more weaknesses it has. Any system can be overidden. There is no such thing as foolproof and there is no such thing as invincible.

(aside) Science is not about what one man does or individual genius. It is about a day to day grind of trial and error, serendipity and the occasional inspiration. If Newton nor Einstein never lived we humans would be just as far along as what we are now. Or so I believe. By the way I do have a technical background and I have worked in the auto business as an engineer.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Why spend so much time and effort to fight other nations when we should be preparing for extra-terrestrial threats from space such as ufo attacks or asteroid collision prevention? Honestly I don't understand why we still function at such a primitive level or perhaps SDI was a cover program for what I mentioned and ronald reagan alluded to in his UN speech that everyone seems to have forgotten about.

I suggest people read about what Dr Richard Boylan has to say about the secret government and albert pike and his three world wars. Either something is terribly wrong or were just kept in the dark because "we cant handle the truth". I am not one that will get paranoid about 12-21-2012 because I have learned a long time ago to live each day as though its the last, so whatever is to come I will have to accept, assuming nothing can be done about it.

I simply find the staggering volume of "classified:top secret" information as overkill and break my head sometimes trying to understand why this is necesary. I am sure other knowledgable folks will agree with me here.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Interesting or keeping with the premise of the thread

And finally in latin..
Caveo Noster Morsus
Beware of our Sting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99742683c6af.jpg[/atsimg]

Notice the above patch has many stars on the scorpions back and appears to be plucking other stars with it's two pinchers? [Disabling other Sats] Notice below how the mother scorpion carries it's smaller ones on her back? Could be a hint of a larger craft carrying many tiny ones/Drones etc.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7449b3b674c1.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Deception is always in the arsenal.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Deuteronomy 23:13

Others may have had a part in it of course.

For the most part the "General" public was unaware of such abilities. Reagan was the first to publicly promote it. As the President he received a much wider audience and REAL funding. Ford was too busy trying to clean up the mess left by Nixon IMO.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   

I simply find the staggering volume of "classified:top secret" information as overkill and break my head sometimes trying to understand why this is necesary. I am sure other knowledgable folks will agree with me here.

I agree for the most part but. This information is only what they'll release and allow the public to know about.

Just imagine the stuff they don't allow

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by A-Dub

I agree.

I wanted to write a thread like those I remembered seeing when I first joined ATS way back when
[Many moons ago]

i am so glad you did post my friend, it is a thread like this that used to make ATS the best...all too many lately have not been up to scratch .

well done

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join