It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, loved it. Thanks for posting it up!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Plug Kinetic Energy Weapons into google and the first thing that pos up is...
www.globalsecurity.org...
there's an interesting read!
edit on 16-2-2011 by RickyD because: stupid netbook keyboard

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
This is the guy Gary McKinnon who hacked into the Pentagon and got caught. Fast forward to frame 21.00 (minutes). he speaks of finding a secret military unit that resides in space called "other than terrestrial".

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

so if he really wanted to prove the things he found he should have video taped his exploit in the pentagon's database...so there would be an account of it for all to see!!!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
So depending on ones perspective, yes they can be viewed in that manner, However the rule of thumb is that what we as civilians know of and or use that is available to the general public is about 30 to 40 years behind what the various secret Black Budget projects are working on and have already developed.

“And apparently, NASA must be used to convince the public
that our current technology, such as with our very old and decrepit
Space Shuttle program, is the best we have, while our military
conducts space missions with technology that we can only
fantasize about while watching Star Trek.”
- USAF Medic, 1980s

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So once again another thread of the MIGHT of the US Military.
Another thread playing right in to the propaganda of:
"stay with the US since beyond doubt we are superior,
we can protect you,
accept our terms" moto.

As a citizen of a neutral country I would like to ask, from WHOM exactly the US Military have saved the world since the 80's?
Has the US military really been in to saving the world or just saving the US pockets?
For all I know China and Russia repeatedly stated they would NOT LIKE JOINING AN New World Order.
So the US military is here to protect us from anyone that DOES NOT LIKE TO JOIN THE NWO.

So the US Military IS PROTECTING THE coming NWO.

Would it be too much if i just said that I feel like I should piss on your military and on you NWO that your military is protecting?
As a free citizen I just felt the urge to say this.
edit on 16-2-2011 by spacebot because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Excellent thread!
But what's the point in having all these fancy gizmos costing billions of dollars of tax payers money when the US of A has failed to even catch Osama bin Laden by his graying beard for the past 10 years? He's the threat, not the Russians or the ETs!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   
reply to post by spacebot

Not just the US military but all of NATO and ANZUS.

If you live in one of those places. It isn't neutral.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I think some people are getting a bit too excited with America and forgetting that the real big player in space militerisation is really Russia as well. They are far more sneaky and aggressive in deployment of these kinds of things imo

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I didn't see this one
Navy Railgun
defensetech.org...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by OrionHunterX
Excellent thread!
But what's the point in having all these fancy gizmos costing billions of dollars of tax payers money when the US of A has failed to even catch Osama bin Laden by his graying beard for the past 10 years? He's the threat, not the Russians or the ETs!

Why would they want to catch OBL?

The government has already come right out and open stated that he isn't wanted in connection to 9/11...

Actually, various departments have said the same thing..OBL isn't being sought for 9/11.

Don't hear much about it on the MSM though do we..

OP, cheers for the thread, very interesting stuff.

That X37B is tiny isn't it! I wouldn't have thought there was enough propellent to get it into orbit, obviously there is, but it's just so small.

Compared to the shuttle, this thing looks like a sports car!

They could do with a manned version, but using midget astronauts.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
S&F, Slayer!

I don't post too much on the forums, but this was a very well put together thread and must give you the kudos you deserve. I enjoyed the video about the different types of enemy ICBM and such, and then seeing "our" technology in action.

It's interesting to say the least, and I wonder if any of our extraterrestrial neighbors have noticed any of these developments...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Very interesting thread, but I cant help but be struck by the massive waste of mankinds resources on ever more complicated ways to kill each other. Just think if the same efforts could be directed towards technology for peacefully exploring space, or feeding the planet etc etc

Guess its not as exciting as blowing things up.....

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
[mor

You have to think, the OP was right generally Sci Fi is based in some sort of reality whether that be theoretical or some real piece of tech that someone like James Cameron has been privy to that the rest of us haven't. I mean super elite movie stars and producers and directors have always kind of gotten the inside scoop on some military tech because they have 100s of millions of dollars at their disposal and friends in very high places. So let's go down the list.......for some more "out there" examples...

I-Robot
Men In Black
Starship Troopers
Star Wars
Star Trek

Now for the scary part some Sci Fi movies that actually were dead on in pegging technology that has caught the public eye or is just starting to.....

Total Recall - introduced the concept of total body scanning i.e. TSA

Minority Report 2002 - multi-touch interface

Real life 1979, The Running Man 1987, The Truman Show 1998 - All introduced us to the idea of reality television which has as of late become the increasingly popular #1 genre.

The Terminator (1984) - Unmanned, Intelligent Hunter-Killer Aircraft - The US military has been using the MQ-9 Reaper, a drone designed especially for bombing runs. (And yes, it is actually referred to as a "hunter-killer" aircraft.) since 2007 in Afghanistan and Iraq.

Americathon (1979) - The Geopolitical Milieu - It's a little surprising that this broad satire is out of print and nearly impossible to find, given that its cast includes such notable comedic actors as John Ritter, Fred Willard, George Carlin and Jay Leno. It takes place in 1998 and depicts an American government so financially insolvent that it has to stage a telethon in order to put the national coffers in the black. Besides skyrocketing US debt, the film also made several other accurate predictions, including the collapse of the USSR, China's turn towards capitalism and superpower status, adultery in the White House and the rise of Nike as a powerful corporation. There's even a jab at exploitative reality television when the telethon features a "mother-son boxing match." (Anyone remember Celebrity Boxing?

2001: A Space Odyssey (1968) - Private Spaceflight, Voiceprint ID - No, we still haven't achieved the casual, routine style of space commuting depicted in Stanley Kubrick's sci-fi opus, but companies like Virgin Galactic are currently working to make sub-orbital and orbital travel available to private citizens. The film's depiction of spaceflight even included some advances that would only later be incorporated into conventional air transportation, including personal in-flight entertainment (which would appear in the ’80s) and flat-screen television displays. 2001 also featured voiceprint identification technology, which would actually be developed in the mid-’70s, and videophones, which have in fact existed since the ’20s but never came into widespread use until recently (in the form of video-capable cell phones and internet programs like Skype). It's true that people generally prefer not to use videophones for everyday purposes.However, people today do use videophones to communicate with faraway family members, just as the character of Heywood Floyd uses the technology in 2001.

etc....etc...etc......many more examples exist one thing however that stands out glaringly to me is a piece of technology that came out in 1964 a crucial and deadly piece of technology in aircraft I have not seen rivaled yet and it came out 47 yrs ago??? Although equipped with defensive electronic countermeasures, the SR-71's greatest protection was its high top speed, which made it almost invulnerable to the attack technologies of the time; over the course of its service life, not one was shot down, despite over 4,000 attempts to do so. All the pilot had to do was to accelerate. Top speed of Mach 3.2+ (2200 mph+) was recently declassified and released to the public. This aircraft made the flight from New York to London in 1 hour 54 minutes and 56 seconds for comparison a flight in the best commercial Concorde would take 2hrs 52 min, and the Boeing 747 averages 6 hrs 15 minutes.

If we had this almost fifty years ago and then stealth planes came in to the public knowlege in the 1980s what is there now? There have been no major excitements in the past 20 years in my opinion. I could be wrong but not something that just jumps up and screams I'm the best! Like it was before, maybe it's because the US doesn't care if they're the best anymore or maybe we are but we don't want anyone else to know that way they can't steal the information ???? Not sure but if the programs that existed 20-50 years ago are still operational there's no telling what they have developed that WE know nothing about. .

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   

This is old news at best. Good information on the topic, but space infiltration by the Black Ops US started before we put a man on the moon. You can bet, whatever we have mainstream, the government is 50 - 75 years ahead of the rest of us. That a direct quote from the publisher of Popular Science ..

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thunda
Very interesting thread, but I cant help but be struck by the massive waste of mankinds resources on ever more complicated ways to kill each other. Just think if the same efforts could be directed towards technology for peacefully exploring space, or feeding the planet etc etc

Guess its not as exciting as blowing things up.....

I think of this in a different light. I would love to travel and explore space and to see whats out their. I feel like the we are being left out of something wonderful and life changing.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Excellent thread!

Watching the clips that you supplied,it struck me that,the clips seem to be showing early testing and developement.
Imagine how devastating these systems have become since the filming of these clips!
The tech is highly impressive,and testament to mankind's ingenuity!
It is just a pity all that money and ingenuity goes into making more and more military hardware!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Great thread, I was amazed at the robot

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
great thread man. Out of the park home run.
I have wondered what we have in regards to aircraft/space craft since we usually keep stuff real secret for it's first 20-30 years of existence. The Stealth fighter and bomber have been in the public eye for quite a while. I like to use the SR71 as an example. It was first released to the public in the early 80's but had been a key player in the early Vietnam war, and possibly before. Then it was retired soon after. The shuttle is being retired. Very thought provoking.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

MMMM first off Great thread!!!

GAry McKinnon . maybe we should have a thread on this topic, but then again info is prolly so slow coming out that no new info wouldn't be posted until after thread is dead.

I know of a guy who was in mil intell where as he would never tell details he always said "if civilians are using technology, its 20 or more years out of date, just keep that in mind"

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join