It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+442 more 
posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Hello

Welcome to my way of thinking again...

I hope you are all having a great 2011 so far. This in not intended to be any sort of rah rah US is # 1 crap. This is a serious attempt to inform the masses about the very real possibility that Space has either already been militarized or at the very least very close to being so and could potentially already be in it's final stages. We just don't know...

I chose the Title: Star Wars: It has begun... for many reasons, Obviuosly because of it's implications and the nickname given to a project that was introduced by US President Ronald Reagan [SDI]. I will admit that during his term and still to this day there are many who are skeptical that such a system could actually be developed and or deployed. After reading many posts and replies here at ATS I've come to the conclusion that many still fail to grasp the concept of the potential of modern technology. But before we begin we need to dispel a modern societal misconception. Many here have small [Tiny by 80s technological standards] devices. [All Made In China].

There seems to be a good deal of confusion with regards to the definition of "High-Tech". More often than not people view the latest retail consumer gadgets as such and not understand what real State-Of-The-Art-High-technology is. Although admittedly what most civilians have access to these days such as Thumb-Drives-Flash-drives, Cell phones, I-pads-Think pads etc etc etc, these devices most often contain more computing power and memory per square inch than existed in the entire planet before the 1970s. Not to mention what we used to get to the moon.

So depending on ones perspective, yes they can be viewed in that manner, However the rule of thumb is that what we as civilians know of and or use that is available to the general public is about 30 to 40 years behind what the various secret Black Budget projects are working on and have already developed.

Keep that in mind!

A little back ground info:
In the early days of spaceflight Payload weight and size were crucial. Launching and deploying heavy objects in orbit was expensive and cumbersome. The key catch phrase in those days was [The miniaturization of electronics]. Now think about your latest Zing-Wow-Bang hand held device you own. Keeping with that as a reference now imagine a device that's 30 to 40 years ahead of what you have available to you presently. The military hasn't stood still all these years with regards to the miniaturization of electronics. That includes space based defense programs.

When any science fiction book, TV show and or movie comes out they are usually based on some sort of Science, Either real or theoretically possible. Hence the "Science" part of Science fiction...
When Star Wars came out many envisioned a future where there could someday be large battle cruisers and fighters hurling themselves at each other with lasers firing away etc. So when Ronald Reagan dreamed up his SDI program it was quickly nicknamed Star-Wars. Complete with space based, Energy beam weapons and anti missile missiles etc. One component was a little known project that will be the thrust of this thread-Brilliant Pebbles But before we get into that. Let's quickly run down some of the better known SDI-Star Wars projects.

THEL Tactical High Energy Laser

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9c07123f3d12.jpg[/atsimg]Tactical High Energy Laser

The Tactical High-Energy Laser, or THEL, is a laser developed for military use, also known as the Nautilus laser system. The mobile version is the Mobile Tactical High-Energy Laser, or MTHEL.

Rods from God

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/ce1d2397b052.jpg[/atsimg]Rods from God

The concept of kinetic-energy weapons has been around ever since the RAND Corporation proposed placing rods on the tips of ICBMs in the 1950s; the satellite twist was popularized by sci-fi writer Jerry Pournelle. Though the Pentagon won’t say how far along the research is, or even confirm that any efforts are underway, the concept persists. The “U.S. Air Force Transformation Flight Plan,” published by the Air Force in November 2003, references “hypervelocity rod bundles” in its outline of future space-based weapons, and in 2002, another report from RAND, “Space Weapons, Earth Wars,” dedicated entire sections to the technology’s usefulness.

Airborne Laser (ABL)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/09766621681b.jpg[/atsimg]Airborne Laser

Remember the Airborne Laser (ABL), the jumbo-jet-mounted chemical laser weapon designed to knock hostile missiles out of the air in mid-flight? The U.S. Missile Defense Agency has released a video of this futuristic system in action, tracking and engaging a test missile fired from San Nicolas Island off the California coast. While the video might come off just a bit anti-climactic, with no dramatic explosion to cap off the laser blast, it does prove one key thing: the system, at least if the video is to be believed, actually works.

I feel that many may have missed the mark with regards to the potential of these programs. While many were and still are focused on Large, Expensive, heavy and exotic spaced based weapons platforms. I look at it very pragmatically. Why attempt to develop, build and later deploy large, heavy and potentially vulnerable space based defense systems when a fleet of tiny "football sized" inexpensive drones will do?

While others focused on the lightsabre and the ship they were flying in...
I focused on Luke Skywalkers hovering lightsaber training droid.
I think the Pentagon did as well

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/911423262873.jpg[/atsimg]
Brilliant Pebbles

the top anti-missile program of the Reagan and the first Bush administrations, was an attempt to deploy a 4,000-satellite constellation in low-Earth orbit that would fire high-velocity, watermelon-sized projectiles at long-range ballistic missiles launched from anywhere in the world. Although the program was eliminated by the Clinton Administration, the concept of Brilliant Pebbles remains among the most effective means of ballistic missile defense....

Brilliant Pebbles remained on the shelf and out of the public eye until 2002, when President George W. Bush withdrew the U.S. from the 1972 ABM Treaty....

In any event, the concept of Brilliant Pebbles remains among the most efficient and cost-effective means of defending the U.S. against nuclear, chemical, and biological warheads.

In space you don't need to "Hover" I'll post some videos of what has been released to the public thus far. In the first video you'll see an early prototype from the 1980s. Some of our more astute and space/weapon savvy members will recognize it as the...

MKV= Multiple Kill Vehicle

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ee7a5452864.jpg[/atsimg]

First, the MKV-L will fly to encounter the cloud of multiple warheads and decoys being deployed by the enemy missile. Then, instead of exploding, the MKV will maneuver through the threats launching several kill vehicles.

There have been a few threads on that vehicle and it's many variants [Some regarding the 2006 Japanese version] and others with project updates posted on ATS before.

SDI Brilliant Pebbles killer vehicle test #1
Notice the date?

Japan TRDI
Kinetic Energy Interceptor Missile Program Video 2006

Japan TRDI (Japan Defence Agency's Technology Research and Development Institute) Kinetic Energy Interceptor Missile program.The Kinetic Energy Interceptor (KEI) Missile is a Ballistic Missile Defense program.

Here is a video from Northrup Grumman.
Keep in mind this is NOT Science Fiction.
Its a capability demonstration animation video for the Pentagon.

Next, Below is a very important older one from the early 1990s. The first 10 Seconds of the video shows the early MKV prototype we are now familiar with but starting at 0:10 the video captures an even smaller "Sphere/Drone" like craft. Much smaller than the already known 12" long MKVs and all it's variants.

What is it?

SDI Brilliant Pebbles killer vehicle test #2 1990

Now having viewed all of the above....

The smaller Sphere/Drone craft caught my eye and thus sent me down the path to write this thread. We have heard over and over how they would be deployed by launching them during a missile attack. Why wait so long? AND why would we only use such technology solely to eliminate missiles? Why not opposing powers satellites? This seems to be the present preoccupation of various global powers of late...

Navy says missile smashed wayward satellite

WASHINGTON — The Pentagon says a U.S. missile smashed a disabled spy satellite that was headed for Earth and the military is tracking the debris as it falls over the Atlantic and Pacific oceans.

US report claims China shoots down its own satellite

BEIJING - For the second time in three years, China has shot down one of its dysfunctional satellites with a missile, US-based Foreign Policy magazine reported in its latest issue.

The destruction of the satellite, which reportedly happened in January, shows China's defensive missile ability, the magazine said.

Seems reasonable and much more cost effective to orbit hundreds if not thousands of suicide spheres. That would stealthily float in space waiting for a target. Be it missiles or satellites. Move into place and detonate next to their target Sats and spray them with shrapnel. Would be cheaper, faster, safer and less controversial than detonating an orbital nuke. Most satellites are made of light weight materials which are very susceptible to physical damage.

Do we have any other collaborating evidence for autonomous spherical space crafts? YES These spheres have the potential to be deployed by various means. Rocket to orbit or could potentially be deployed on say a "Secret Military Mission"

Before we delve into that possible scenario let's first discuss the NRO= National Reconnaissance Office

Welcome to the NRO

The NRO designs, builds and operates the nation's reconnaissance satellites. NRO products, provided to an expanding list of customers like the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and the Department of Defense (DoD), can warn of potential trouble spots around the world, help plan military operations, and monitor the environment.

As part of the 16-member Intelligence Community, the NRO plays a primary role in achieving information superiority for the U.S. Government and Armed Forces.

A DoD agency, the NRO is staffed by DoD and CIA personnel. It is funded through the National Reconnaissance Program, part of the National Foreign Intelligence Program.

Our Vision: Vigilance From Above

Our Mission: Innovative Overhead Intelligence Systems for National Security

First they state who they are and what their intentions are.
Protecting Satellite Operations

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ef0632366da.jpg[/atsimg]

[align=center]Then later they state
[THE CATS OUT OF THE BAG!]
Deployment of SDI system?
[/align][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/51f5f1a96466.jpg[/atsimg]

And finally in latin..
Caveo Noster Morsus
Beware of our Sting.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/99742683c6af.jpg[/atsimg]

So now they have a sting eh?

How would one deploy such a secret system?
By launching a very public secret mission...

X-37B

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14f15889499f.jpg[/atsimg]Star Wars 2010? U.S. military launch space plane on maiden voyage... but its mission is top secret

A top secret space plane developed by the US military has blasted off from Cape Canaveral on its maiden voyage.

Billed as a small shuttle, the unmanned X-37B heralds the next generation of space exploration. It will be the first craft to carry out an autonomous re-entry in the history of the US programme.

But its mission - and its cost - remain shrouded in secrecy. The Air Force said the launch was a success but would give no further details.

However, experts have said the spacecraft was intended to speed up development of combat-support systems and weapons systems.

There have already been accusations that the programme could lead to the 'weaponisation' of space.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Why such concern? [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7e0d71fd2d25.jpg[/atsimg]
If you look at the above image you'll notice the craft has an "Experiment Bay" seems like a dubious description to me. More like a cargo hold if you ask me. No telling just how many "Spheres/Drones" could potentially be stored and later deployed. There is also scuttlebutt that the vehicle also has it's own on board military version of the latest NASA robot. Which could be deployed to assist in a variety of top secret missions. The Robot has VR [Virtual Reality] capability. ...

Meet the real R-2

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/76a40decbff5.jpg[/atsimg][atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f2 b2b0cb48ad.jpg[/atsimg]Robonaut 2 to make Television Debut!

Robonaut 2 was developed and built by NASA and General Motors. Using leading edge control, sensor, and vision technologies it is capable of working side-by-side with people. Robonaut 2 will be launched into space on mission STS-133 which launches on February 24, 2011.

But many here will point out that military missions are often tracked by civilian agencies and therefore anything the military does in space would be reported to the masses...

Secret X-37B space plane lost by sat-spotters for 2 weeks

The new orbit of the X-37B (also referred to as OTV-1) is around 30km higher than before, and remains tilted approximately 40 degrees up from the Equator. Amateur watchers lost the little space-plane between 29 July and 14-18 August

"Secret" Space Plane X-37B Is Missing Again!

For the second time since it was launched, the classified U.S Air Force Space Shuttle has changed orbit and disappeared again.

Let's not also forget this fairly recent launch. They said it was for a top secret Satellite. Could be true, probably is. But the question becomes. That was a very powerful rocket launch that had the capability to lift a lot of cargo. All for just one satellite?

Massive US rocket sends top-secret Final 'Misty'

21st January 2011 13:20 GMT
The US intelligence services have launched a large secret payload into space using one of the most powerful rockets currently available, a mighty Delta IV Heavy, which took off for the first time from the west coast last night.

So what do these "Spheres/Drones" look like? Well here are some devices being tested right out in the open. The play time they had during testing is actually very serious business. The DATA that was collected is potentially for much more nefarious black projects...Stealth (SPHERES)...?

(SPHERES) Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-Orient Experimental Satellites
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7261b2f7222e.png[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bea70044fc32.jpg[/atsimg]
The International Space Station has played host to a clutch of mini-satellites

These mini-satellites are football-sized devices that are part of a project called Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-Orient Experimental Satellites (SPHERES).

This trio has been used to test control programmes that allow satellites to fly in formation with minimal human intervention. Individual space satellites could be co-ordinated to make powerful telescopes.

OR..
co-ordinate a swarm of such vehicles to eliminate or interfere with any potential adversaries missiles and or satellites...

The next question becomes are there "Stealth Satellites"?
Misty

Misty is reportedly the name of a classified project by the United States National Reconnaissance Office to operate stealthy reconnaissance satellites. The satellites are conjectured to be photo reconnaissance satellites and the program has been the subject of atypically public debates about its worthiness in the defense budget since December 2004. The estimated project costs in 2004 dollars are US $ 9.5 billion (inflation adjusted US$ 11 billion in 2011).[1]

Hmmm....
I wonder...

Russia says foreign power may have caused spy satellite loss

The Russian space agency suggested Monday that a foreign power may have been behind the space accident that disabled one of the country's most modern military satellites earlier this month.

Russia on February 1 launched a high-tech Geo-IK-2 craft to help the military draw a three-dimensional map of the Earth and locate the precise positions of various targets.

News reports said the satellite was a vital part of Russia's effort to match the United States and NATO's ability to target its missiles from space.

But the craft briefly went missing after its launch only to re-emerge in a wrong orbit that left the craft unable to complete its assigned task.

Russia Concerned U.S. May Deploy Space-Based Assets

From September 26, 2006 :: Defense Daily International :: News

According to retired Russian General Vladimir Dworkin, now senior researcher with the Center for International Security at the Institute for World Economy and International Relations of the Russian Academy of Science, Russia’s concerns about lasers in space do not apply to existing components of the multi-layered U.S. missile defense system, such as the Airborne Laser. “We’ve gotten used to it,” Dworkin said. “But if you’re talking about reviving … Star Wars,” perhaps by resurrecting Brilliant Pebbles or developing a laser BMD system, then that “would be a shock” to Russians that they would not easily get used to. The more the U.S. pushes to develop a space-based BMD system, the more sharply Russia would be likely to respond, Dworkin warned.

I've tried to post some of the lesser known aspects of these many projects and although I'll admit that my Tin-Foil hat could have been a bit too tight and may have dulled my wits there is a fair amount of circumstantial evidence to suggest that there may be systems already deployed and in place or very close to it...

As always.
Try to have a nice day...

edit on 15-2-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
SnF For the first line. I swear I wish I could think of things like that to toss in.
That's friggin great.
edit on 15-2-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite threads ever. Just the overall amount of information that shows how far The United States military are in the pubic eye only makes you wonder how far the technology is along that is in private or testing phases. The "Star Wars" are very real and with a deeper dig into news like this will really open your mind as to the possibilities of extraterrestrial tech already in use by the Government. Also want to point out how much these droids look like many UFO sightings. You have to understand that the Government in always watching, not saying that to scare you, but to realize that if you think you see a flying orb in the sky, you really might be seeing a flying orb in the sky. That does not mean it has an alien inside of it. It usually means it's a military controlled droid collecting information from the sky. I mean the camera on these things alone can probably face identify. The future is now people. You have to give the idea a chance that if there are intelligent extraterrestrials visiting Earth, it is probably to do their own information harvesting as well. Give this thought a possibility- thus said "alien" sees thus said orbiting rockets and decides to launch it's own drone to watch the Government's high tech weaponry. That really is Star Wars- a cold war of E.T.s and World Power.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
nice thread , i does leave one thinking, if this is the stuff there letting be known, what are they keeping secret? how advanced are they? Phased laser cannons? laser rifles? What about robotics? how close are we to a "TERMINATOR" or a "NUMBER5" it does make you think.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nice thread OP its like 10 nails in freedoms coffin lid...I believe they never shelf anything unless it's basically completed an waitin for deployment in some shape or form. I for one am glad Bush withdrew from the arms meeting potentially taking off the public handcuffs of our technology deployment. Because the first people to take the high ground have a distinct advantage and It sucks that it puts the TPTB that much more entrenched but I'd rather we do it first before Russia or China (which are probably well on thier way)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
OK, admittedly I am know next to nothing about this kind of thing, so there is not much I can add...

All I can really say is that, I truly think that space is the "final frontier" for the Militaries and governments of the world. I do not think it is a stretch at all, to suggest that one day governments are going to be looking to create a new branch of the military that focuses mainly on space warfare... A sort of... Space Army, so to speak...

As was suggested, Ronald Regan did want to create and use special weapons in space... the starwars program...Though they ended up scraping that... Which I admit, somewhat disappoints me...

I think it is only a matter of time before governments really start looking to the stars as the next way to gain the upperhand in war...

Again, not much I can really say on the subject, so thanks for bearing with me....

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

And like you said in your post......this is just the stuff we know about!

I wonder just how aggressively pissed off China and Russia would be to find out we already have 100% control of Earth's orbit? We probably already have the capability to destroy anything they launch, and we only allow certain types of things into space, while the others have unfortunate accidents.

Would they preemptively strike at us in a conventional manner? Or would they relegate themselves to control of economies and Earth-bound resources? (I think we may already be seeing the answer!)

Very, very nice thread Slayer!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
good thread i wonder what it be like in the next 10 years ,good read thanks going to have a look at some of your other posts sf as well

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Great thread slayer, I do enjoy them but never have much to contribute. This is interesting stuff though and some of it is new - I love that.
Thanks again for your work

Peace

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And the hits just keep on coming. I had to send this to a friend who just asked yesterday about the possiblity of this stuff existing. I will give a thourough read tonight.
As usual, thanks for the info!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Amazing thread, as always, Slayer. Love learning new stuff about this kind of thing, and you actually made it not only interesting, but entertaining.

reply to post by getreadyalready

Haha. Exactly. Now let's work on the stuff we don't but can only imagine or speculate about based on some of what we're seeing and hearing about. Or not hearing about, as the case may be.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Such an excellent thread, I was enthralled with some of the stuff you posted. I will be back to this thread with my own research as soon as i can.
Awesome thank you

S&F

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
If its not a Tesla space ship I'm not that interested.

High Frequency Sonic Beam in action setting off explosives perhaps.
The snake eyes in the sky I'd call a characteristic of the Tesla triangle ship.

Besides that here is something they can't handle, infinite free energy as long as
the Suns do shine:

As far as humans are concerned free and infinite energy.

Sonic flight systems are ready to go only so high in frequency we do not hear
the Tesla space ship nearby.
All true blue advanced Illuminati knowledge.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I wonder just how aggressively pissed off China and Russia would be to find out we already have 100% control of Earth's orbit? We probably already have the capability to destroy anything they launch, and we only allow certain types of things into space, while the others have unfortunate accidents.

Seriously though, why do you think we have that kind of capability? A prototype is one thing, a large and very complex system is different by many orders of magnitude in any metric.

My guess (and it's an absolute guess) is that USA, Russia and China have some, but limited capabilities in space-based weaponry. Russia recently has a very poor record of launching stuff on newer platforms. Old technology still works, but not much beyond that.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Fantastic thread! What else can I add apart from some kudos?

Hope you don't mind I am going to C&P this along with the link to show my brother. I will of course stick your name on it!

I would just send him the link but I don't think he would visit the site. Scared of becoming addicted I think!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Wow, S&F............I didn't even know about half the stuff you posted!!! Will defo need to do some more reading this weekend.........

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by TeslaandLyne

Interesting device, do you think this could be scaled up , and if so by what oreder of magnitude?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
Wernher Von Braun predicted this, and its been discussed at the Disclosure meetings... and here we are and it's a reality. If I remember rightly, VB anticipated the militarization of space... not to protect us from the commies, or the terrorists, but ET.

I hope not.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
delete double post
edit on 15-2-2011 by chocise because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Excellent Thread Slayer - S&F my friend!

I wonder if these - (SPHERES) Synchronized Position Hold Engage Re-Orient Experimental Satellites - could account for the little white "orbs" that have been seen around the world by people. They have been seen in swarm like quantities - Mexico comes to mind.

So, what do you guys think? Or would they be too high up too see - even with a strong reflection of sunlight?

Makes me wonder about this thread posted today www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-2-2011 by TortoiseKweek because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join