It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star Wars: It has begun...

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Evanzsayz

Well one things for sure. We can all say goodbye to 1970s tech. The space shuttle is about to retire. I made this tribute video a while back. Enjoy

(click to open player in new window)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by PhotonEffect

My mouth dropped the first time I saw it.
I've seen many cool looking robots from Japan. But this is not just any robot. IT's VR which means a person on Earth can throw on some gloves and goggles and be in control of it. Or not.

We're becoming robots. Kind of like the next step in our evolution.
the only people turning to robots are those on this site...A good chunk of these threads "facts" is based on hopes. People need to calm down for real, and the buttheads selling the "firecracker sale of doom" need to chill.
The thing that is a bit unnerving with all of this is- ATS doom and gloomers. Period got the weak minded all in a hissy and I'm sorry but its time someone stand up for them.

Why do we need these weapons?
Are they to protect us from ourselves? Or something else? WHAT WEAPONS????

Are we that mad as a human race that we need these types of weapons to use against each other? WHAT WEAPONS????

If they were that damn effective would we really be living in the world we have now??? cmon,... common sence

edit on 16-2-2011 by rightuos because: edit my own swear words, frustraion leads us all in a lot of these topics. Hears are strong in beliefs it makes the site fun.

edit on 16-2-2011 by rightuos because: in my edit I said hearts are strong in a lot of the beliefs... stupid keyboard

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PhotonEffect

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by PhotonEffect

My mouth dropped the first time I saw it.
I've seen many cool looking robots from Japan. But this is not just any robot. IT's VR which means a person on Earth can throw on some gloves and goggles and be in control of it. Or not.

We're becoming robots. Kind of like the next step in our evolution.

The thing that is a bit unnerving with all of this is-

Why do we need these weapons?
Are they to protect us from ourselves? Or something else?

Are we that mad as a human race that we need these types of weapons to use against each other?

What does it all mean bazel

I am going to try to reply to you post wit my first youtube inbed. If I get this wrong I will try to fix it..lol..It might take a minute.

I think that this is pretty much the answer to your question as to why we need these weapons.

www.youtube.com...

This is a snip of Eisenhower's speach.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armaments industry of vast proportions. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations.

This conjunction of an immense military establishment and a large arms industry is new in the American experience. The total influence -- economic, political, even spiritual -- is felt in every city, every State house, every office of the Federal government. We recognize the imperative need for this development. Yet we must not fail to comprehend its grave implications. Our toil, resources and livelihood are all involved; so is the very structure of our society.

In the councils of government, we must guard against the acquisition of unwarranted influence, whether sought or unsought, by the militaryindustrial complex. The potential for the disastrous rise of misplaced power exists and will persist. .
www.h-net.org...

I think that the answer to the question why all of the weapons and defense is money. Big money runs the show. My countries defense budget speaks for itself. Big money, it makes the fat cats....well more fat...And that is all that matters to them.

I believe what Eisenhower was talking about has already happened.

Sorry to take up so much of your thread space Slayer..lol..My daughter is sick and I have to stay up and watch her for a while.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
reply to post by 9Cib27

This thread was really well put together and thought provoking. I do feel a bit gypted now, because I can't seem to get a good strong internet signal, my cell phone always loses it's signal, my car doesn't get very many miles per gallon, and I still have to change baby diapers by hand. I do not understand why the government doesn't use some of this "advanced technology" and make our lives even easier than they already are, lol. I would love to be able to not lose my internet or phone signal, several times a day. But I digress. Seriously though, I believe there are many government "secrets" we have yet to find out. I hope that we are progressing forward, atleast enough to defend ourselves in case of an alien invasion, which everyone believes, in inevitable. lol.

Thanks for the thought provoking post!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Awesome thread OP ... Thank you and well done!!

I'll be looking out for more from you ... but now to the beginning and take it all in again

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Thanks Slayer for this nice summary of those military projects, S+F 4 u! I always wondered about the Misty program and if thre really is/ are satellites up there looking like an closed umbrella...

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Dragonfly Insectothopter

Developed by CIA’s Office of Research and Development in the 1970s, this micro Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) was the first flight of an insect-sized aerial vehicle (Insectothopter). It was an initiative to explore the concept of intelligence collection by miniaturized platforms.

It's way more advanced now.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

OP, nice gathering and presentation. Also, your handling of reader comments is to be commended. You are civil and respectful. What ATS needs more of.

If I may add an observation or two, and a tidbit:

Having lived in central Florida, I recall observing repeated launches of the space shuttles shuttle with "secret government payload". It was a regular happening covered by local (but not national) TV "news" channels.

I remember thinking as I watched the Berlin wall fall that we probably had actually managed to accomplish space superiority. I believe history will verify that point as more info re. our space systems are declassified along with their time frames of deployment.

Readers might also find interesting the following Presidential Directive enacted by Bush Jr.:
NSPD-49

excerpt from above linked document:

The United States considers space capabilities -- including the ground and space segments and supporting links -- vital to its national interests. Consistent with this policy, the United States will: preserve its rights, capabilities, and freedom of action in space; dissuade or deter others from either impeding those rights or developing capabilities intended to do so; take those actions necessary to protect its space capabilities; respond to interference; and deny, if necessary, adversaries the use of space capabilities hostile to U.S. national interests;

Removing legal doublespeak, i read "Space is ours and we will kick you out if we want to." A clear warning to other nations regarding our dominance and intent to DENY space to others.

And here the guys who will do it:

Space Superiority Systems Directorate

The mission of the Space Superiority Systems Directorate is to develop, deliver, and sustain unrivaled space control capabilities to ensure space superiority for the joint war fighter and our nation.

I am fascinated by US military technology, but I wish it went unused. "To deter, not offend." Peace be to my brothers and sisters in all nations.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:17 AM
link   
S&F for this post.

It's actually kind of strange that just yesterday, this subject was brought up for discussion at a relatives home. One of my relatives, who's been retired for many years now, was in the military back in the 50's and 60's and had an incredibly high security clearance. Though the technology he was involved with was over 40 years old, he could confirm that what the government/military knew back then was vastly superior to civilian tech.

Remaining true to his integrity and oath he took, he still won't reveal any secrets, even from way back then. All he would say, with a knowing look in his eye, is that most people would never believe the level of tech the government held back then.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
An interesting history of black budget space capable technology for warfare goes all the way back it seems.

Silbervogel, German for silver bird, was a design for a rocket-powered sub-orbital bomber aircraft produced by Eugen Sänger and Irene Bredt in the late 1930s for The Third Reich/Nazi Germany).

link

Space capable weaponry goes way back. Here is more.

The X-20 Dyna-Soar ("Dynamic Soarer") was a United States Air Force (USAF) program to develop a spaceplane that could be used for a variety of military missions, including reconnaissance, bombing, space rescue, satellite maintenance, and sabotage of enemy satellites. The program ran from 24 October 1957–10 December 1963, cost US$660 million ($4.73 billion today[1]), and was cancelled just after spacecraft construction had begun.

link

The X series aircraft projects are a must read as well, as they tie into this in many ways.
The X-15 is another space capable example.

The North American X-15 rocket-powered aircraft/spaceplane was part of the X-series of experimental aircraft, initiated with the Bell X-1, that were made for the USAF, NASA, and the USN.

These things get mentioned from time to time.

If they were developing this stuff 50 years ago, just try to imagine what they actually really have right now but it's totally a secret.

edit on 16-2-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Well put together thread, here's some more information on the Aegis and SM-3 BMD system.

* YOU WILL WANT TO MUTE THE FIRST 30 SECONDS* You have been warned.

I'm unsure on the SM-3's but the SM-2's are doing Mach 2 by the time they leave the launch cell.

The JMSDF also has the system now and has made an improvement with the nose cone seperation.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
So what!!!!

There's enough nuclear weapons to blow the world up seven times over.

What difference would any possible weapons in space make.

Think about it! What difference does it make even if it were real. Is it worse because now instead of dying from bombs from 3 miles high we die from weapons from 12 miles high? What difference does it make?

You've been watching too much Stargate or similar (love that program myself but I have to tell you it's all make believe because I'm sure some idiots think it's actually real)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   

some guy said some time ago that if there would be a "war" in space , it would be THE ONLY ONE...
The debries from the "things" exploding in space would make the acces to space almost impossible...
He compared the "aftermath" of this kind of war to walking through a mine field...
Guess he's right if milions of tiny TITANIUM alloy particles of 2-10 mm would fly around the orbit at xxxxxx miles per hour...
Isn't this a cause for moving the space station's orbit some time ago?!
These humans...

edit on 16-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

p.s. : about HELLADS no word at all? or am I missing something? they changed his name?

edit on 16-2-2011 by leaualorin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Oh and fun space black ops geek trivia here for you guys.

In April 1960, seven astronauts were secretly chosen for the Dyna-Soar program. Neil Armstrong and Bill Dana left the program in the summer of 1962.

It said it was a secret. I suppose it's declassified now.
Think of the time frame too. The early era of the official "space race" during the height of the Cold War.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz
So what!!!!

There's enough nuclear weapons to blow the world up seven times over.

What difference would any possible weapons in space make.

Strategic Defense Initiative technology gives you defense from those nuclear weapons you mention.

Space based weaponry becomes the new paradigm.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

un-flippin-believable !!!!

what a post!!! GREAT info!

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Back in the 80s they tested the system at kwajaline .. Intercepted and dropped a missile that was launched from the west coast u.s and landed it on target in the middle of the lagoon.. Where it was planned to be braught down.. My late uncle was an engineer on the project there.. With them doing that back then truly scary thinking what the capabilities are today..
Good thread S&F

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
this is exactly the reason I joined ATS..intelligent, well composed and researched threads like this are what its all about!

Well done and thanks for taking the time to post..certainly given me plenty of things to research for myself.

Stu

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   

I would add its not just Star Wars.

Its Star Trek, Starship Troopers, Terminator, The Matrix, Predator, and Ironman.

Each of these films have helped contribute in some way to the defense industrial vision of the future of warfare.

Star Trek has really inspired communications, handheld electronics and less than lethal weapons.

Starship Troopers and its Mobile Infantry, that perform orbitalborne drops, are the future. DARPA has been working with US Marines for the past few years on developing the technology and the SOP for orbital assaults.

The ability to deploy forces anywhere on earth from space within an hour is going to change the face of combat forever.

In addition to orbitalborne drops and orbital assaults, Starship Troopers has played a vital role in encouraging the development of armored exoskeletons. It is estimated by 2015, we could see our first military exoskeletons fielded. These first generation exoskeletons would essentially be highly mobile forklifts used to carry materiel. Combat applications would quickly follow though.

An armored exoskeleton will revolutionize infantry warfare. It will allow for the first time a single infantryman to have the firepower and survivability of a light armored vehicle or gunship. The ability to deploy US Marines armed with these anywhere on earth within one hour will give us an edge over any military.

These Marines won't be alone though. They will have friends of the killing machine variety.

This is where the Terminator films have played a role in the defense industries. The US Air Force has had a drone program named after the aerial drones of the Terminator films, the USAF Hunter-Killer program. In addition, Boston Dynamics is currently developing a humanoid robot, Petman, that can wear military uniforms and gear. Petman, initially is going to be used to help develop better NBC gear, by wearing it in NBC environments. Petman will be able to run and maneuver just like a human being. The idea of developing a variant of Petman for combat is a no brainer.

Augmented Reality and Cyberwarfare are other major factors in the future of warfare. The Matrix film and Ghost in the Shell have had a hand in its inspiration. Warfare in the future will be filled with cyberattacks on devices and equipment. Drones will be hacked and hijacked. Soldiers and Marines will use virtual augmented interfaces that will give them real time information needed to accomplish their missions. Anyone whose played a 1st person shooter with a HUD, will already have an idea what they will look like. The HUD is the first step. It will go beyond that, as the interfaces will have a number of functions other than just tracking ammunition, GPS, targets, or objectives. Any Soldier or Marine will be able to designate targets for air or artillery strikes using the interface. Targets can be identified and seen by anyone or anything in network. There will be no place to hide for the enemy. Soldiers and Marines will be able to instantly request for Medevac or resupply. Commanders in the field will know exactly how much ammo, fuel, MREs, water, etc. each soldier has. They will be able to monitor vital signs and keep track of each individuals position. All of this will be done in real time. So no more lost sensitive items or missing personnel.

Active Camo is another area of development, inspired mainly by the film Predator. There are differenet approaches to the technology, but the goal is to produce a suit that makes the wearer nearly invisible.

All of these combined, along with Star Wars inspired technologies, can help give us a glimpse into the future of warfare.

Imagine the US Marine of the future, 20 years from now, sitting in orbit on an Okinawa Class Orbital Assault Ship. He is making final preparations for a coming orbital assault. An hour prior, US Navy SEALs equppied with active camo had been inserted into hostile territory to help prep the landing zones for orbital assault. Targets were designated and then the hostile nation's entire anti aircraft network was hacked and hijacked. Transatmospheric UCAVs deployed and struck all designated targets, except hardened targets, which were taken out with "rods from god" kinetic penetrators. The Marine makes final checks on his gear and equipment. His armored exoskeleton runs a final quick diagnostic on its systems. The methanol fuel cell micro turbine that powers the armor has been topped off with around 8 hours of fuel. His primary weapon, a 12.7mm caseless electronic operated machine gun, carries over 200 armor piercing fin stabilized rounds in its magazine. A 25mm revolver cannon is underslung on the machine gun, carrying a 15 round magazine of High Explosive Dual Purpose rounds. In addition, the Marine carries extra magazines of thermobaric and flechette rounds for the cannon. As his rifle squad boards one of many OAVs (Orbital Assault Vehicles), objectives are updated in real time in his augmented display. With a final bark of "Ooh-Rah!" the Devildogs descend upon the earth in great fury.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

I have no idea how u link a 'experiment bay' to strange hidden tech. Every shuttle has a experiment bay lol.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join