It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Hey, I gotta say that i'm glad that someone made this thread because it was what inspired me to make an account and start posting. First off, I'm from Michigan and we're just starting to get hit where I am. The thing is I'm really skeptical of the source of this storm because recently, on Sunday(30/1/11), I noticed that on an otherwise perfectly clear day there were a lot of chem-trails in the sky. Throughout the day the majority of the sky was probably covered although by late in the day 6pm the ones i noticed at 10am were mostly gone. I was wondering if anyone else on ATS noticed any odd chem-trails out there in America.

Links to Chem-trail info:
ATS News 04: US Defense Contractor Owns Chemtrail Patent!

Although, some may not believe in chem-trails, as I observe planes in the sky on days like Sunday I can watch the contrails fade with in minutes as the chem-trails bloom and blossom into larger clouds throughout the day. When I see that happen it's hard to dispute it in my book, and personally I think the storm and chem-trails are connected.

-MallardDuck

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Oaktree

lol true. I was just saying it because I've met a lot of people from up north who like to say, "This is nothing compared to what we get in......"

I agree with you though. It's a lot of snow.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone, I live in the Midwest located in the Quad Cities area. We have already gotten roughly 3 ft. of snow already. It's absolutely terrible! Not to mention we had over a foot prior to this storm. Thanks

P.s. please don't judge me by my grammar, as some of us are on our phones..

Jeenyus

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by MallardDuck

Welcome to ATS!

Buckle up and enjoy the ride

I get to be the first one to give you a star *. We work for stars and flags here. If you like a post click the little star next to the post. If you like the thread click the "flag" letters by the Original Post often abbreviated OP. I'm a stare whore, so I give everyone (just about) who posts to my threads a star

Hope you have fun

piano

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by jeenyus2008

Welcome! I get to give you your first star too!

Don't worry there are a lot more things people pick at around here than spelling (many don't even speak English as their primary language here).

All the more fun...

Oh, and watch out for Satin trying to steel your soul...

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow

Don't mean to be a jerk but I'm okay with this. ...Temperatures for most of the past 1 1/2 months have been -40 C with windchill here in Winterpeg, sometimes colder. Even my dog has cabin fever. When this storm hits the Midwest, we're (supposedly) warming up to a balmy -5 C. ...I can hardly wait.

I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska so... I hear you

But I never had cabin fever. I used to be outside all the time no matter the temperature. I remember running inside and turning on the faucet to warm up my hands. I would put it on as cold as the sink would get and it would feel like boiling water! lol then gradually warming up the water as my hands warmed up. And there are SO many fun things to do with cold noses!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by hthjason

Originally posted by pianopraze
reply to post by Analyzing

I grew up a few hundred miles from HAARP (I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska)...

So if that were true would everyone in Alaska be more Psychic?

I think you mean psychotic. Just kiddin' ya!!

But verily....if one can be more psychic...perhaps one could be more psychotic...or sociopathic???

I'm jus' sayin'....

Jason

Wouldn't that be the pot calling the kettle black....

Jason???
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a3dda36cf3bc.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Yeah... I'm in S.E. Wisconsin too, and it's basically a whiteout! Haven't seen it this crazy in some time. Too bad today is my birthday... no one to go out and have a drink with!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
What's with all of the reports of thunder and lightning during these snowstorms lately? I was just watching CNN and the guy in Chicago reporting thunder and lightning during the blizzard. You just don't hear about that kind of thing very often.

I love a good conspiracy theory but I'm usually pretty skeptical. On the other hand there have been a lot of 'natura'l events lately.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

I'm from Michigan too and also noticed all the chemtrails the past couple of days. One of them was so obviously a chemtrail because they did a u turn and didn't bother turning off the sprayer so it didn't look so obvious. Fortunately for us, we aren't going to get as slammed as the east coast.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Foreshadow

Cheers and Happy Birthday! I raise my glass to you. We are across the lake from you and getting hit right now too. Stay warm and safe.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Baby, it's cold outside:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Welcome to ATS, hope you enjoy it here and look forward to seeing you on the boards, stay warm and safe during this storm, no heavy snow here as of yet, most times Southern Oakland County doesn't get as much snow as outlining areas.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0124148aafa6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
We are expecting 2 feet of snow tonight and into tommorrow. We just got 8 inches today, the 2 feet is on top of that! The weather man also said that there could be thunder and lightening associated with this monster of a storm. I have never heard of thunder and lightening in a snow storm. This will be a new experience for me! This is NY though. We expect this nonsense in the winter time.
Ugh.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Also. On the topic of chemtrails. I am not neccessarily a believer but chose to err on the side of caution. There were a lot of them yesterday , I mean tons. Grids galore. I won't be eating any snow, white or otherwise. Neither will my kids. Just putting it out there!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Ft. Wayne, Indiana at Level 1 State of Emergency. Listening to ham radio - lines down with power outages, downed trees, accidents (asking people to not go out unless an emergency or they would get a ticket) - reception not very good on the radio. We have 40 plows to take care of the entire city, they sent other plows to other needed areas. I parked on the street, didn't want to get stuck in the garage due to drifts. Looking out front at my car, I can't even tell its sitting there. I have not seen one single vehicle go down my street for about 8 hours now.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

You are very fortunate to have your internet working so you can pass the time away while you are snowed in. I'm hoping we don't lose power or our connection.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
You guys got to stay on top of the snow

Don't wait till your driveway/sidewalk is 2 feet

Get out there and shovel on the hour and salt your driveway

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

What a difference a few hundred miles can make. I've driven 8 hours today all around Kentucky and it was 60 degrees, sun shining earlier... now absolutely pouring buckets.

If this had been snow we would be under several feet!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Tulsa, OK reporting here. Record high in upper 70's last Saturday. 14 plus inches of snow today after thundersleet and snowfall. Most of Tulsa is impassable. My front yard has 2-4 feet of snow. I haven't been able to contact my youngest daughter today. Her and her family may be stuck somewhere between Tulsa and OKC.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join