It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

www.cnn.com

As much of its strength, the system's immense size sets it apart. As of Monday evening, the National Weather Service had posted winter storm warnings, watches or advisories in at least 29 states in a 2,000-mile space stretching from the Southwest to the Northeast.
"A storm of this size and scope needs to be taken seriously," said Craig Fugate, administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency.
The worst conditions are expected in parts of seven states where blizzard warnings were in effect Monday night. The Monday night forecast of fierce winds, strong snow and minimal visibility c
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Is it just me or is this winter just amazing?

(I grew up in Alaska so I love winter)

This storm stretches from New York to New Mexico... Hard to get your mind around how colossal this storm has become.

Have any ATS members been affected by it yet?

Seems to me we're experiencing a little "climate change" right now! Some of my relatives in Alaska are talking about how mind the winter has been... while down here we are getting pounded!

www.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Starting to snow over here in fortworth Texas... O well as long as my syberian husky likes it I'm cool with it haha

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Has anyone been more clairvoyant in the last few days? More intuitive?

It could have neurological ties to brain waves IF HAARP does play a role in manipulating weather.

Also, many mysterious loops and trails were visible over the skies of central Kansas recently - atmospheric manipulation could be a plausible cause for rapidly dropping temperatures over the next few days.

A.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Analyzing

I grew up a few hundred miles from HAARP (I grew up in Fairbanks Alaska)...

So if that were true would everyone in Alaska be more Psychic?

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Could this end up being the "Storm of The Century?" We have had snow, sleet and wind for the past 4 hours - no telling what we will wake up to.

Love your avitar - cat person here, lol.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I hope everyone stays home and stays safe. I wonder if things will ever be normal again. 70 degrees Sunday, 14 degrees low Tuseday. God watch over us all.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

I just noticed you are in Ky - my entire family lives there so please keep us informed of the storm in your area. I am from Paris, moved to Indiana a year ago. Please take care there Ky friend.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
1-3 sleet, ice, and snow down this way in the south. Schools are already closing down the pansies. But anyways these people down here can't drive on a 1/4 inch of the stuff let alone 1-3. So probably for the best. Stay safe everyone and keep them feet and external body parts warm, most important thing other than, when going up hill don't stop half way keep your freaking foot on the Accelerator!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Not exactly, think of it more like...
Growing up near a gun doesn't mean you're being shot, only the target.

A.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy

Could this end up being the "Storm of The Century?" We have had snow, sleet and wind for the past 4 hours - no telling what we will wake up to.

Love your avitar - cat person here, lol.

Originally posted by crazydaisy

I just noticed you are in Ky - my entire family lives there so please keep us informed of the storm in your area. I am from Paris, moved to Indiana a year ago. Please take care there Ky friend.

It's supposed to stay north of us and hit Indiana hard! You take care too!

Yes I'm a cat person. My ex was the crazy cat lady.. we had a ton of cats... but she ran away and took all the cats too
(

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Good Grief! This is getting bad. In the long-term,you guys better realize that this is going to have an impact on food production. Expect to hear about more crop failures and reduced output soon.

If what they're saying is true,companies are already building large underground storage facilities for food in the U.S. Nonetheless,don't expect to be able to get your hands on any of it. Be prepared as best as you can for whatever comes. Things are likely to start getting real funky soon.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A local meteorologist said earlier this is the worst storm he has seen in 30 years!
He's a well trusted man who has been on television for as long as I can remember.

Aside from that, all the local schools canceled in preparation of the storm. The ground isn't even wet! lol The local police force has declared, "Operation Slick Streets" which means they won't handle any accidents unless injuries are present. All of this is a little strange to me because like I said... the ground isn't even wet yet.

I'm pretty excited. There is like an electricity in the air. When people panic like they are right now, I seem to find an element of amusement. Anyone else like that?

They're saying between 12" to 18" of snow likely. Bring it!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
We're supposed to get 20.5 inches here now

It's only just started and there's a fresh inch of snow on the ground on top of the 6 inches that was already out there. The brunt of it is supposed to come tomorrow afternoon.

edit on 31-1-2011 by apodictic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theonlywoody

Starting to snow over here in fortworth Texas... O well as long as my syberian husky likes it I'm cool with it haha

Is it really?? WOW! I live right down i35 and they are not expecting any accumilation in Central Texas. Of course this is Texas, so I could end up being iced in for days LOL.

Everyone please stay safe and warm.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
1-3 sleet, ice, and snow down this way in the south. Schools are already closing down the pansies. But anyways these people down here can't drive on a 1/4 inch of the stuff let alone 1-3. So probably for the best. Stay safe everyone and keep them feet and external body parts warm, most important thing other than, when going up hill don't stop half way keep your freaking foot on the Accelerator!

They only closed the school 1 time when I was growing up in Alaska. It was 80 below with the wind chill and a complete whiteout.. but they didn't close it at first... They made everyone ride the bus, and as the bus was pulling into the school they radioed and had the bus return us home...

We would play outside for recess until 20 below... ahhhh I miss Alaska!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Jeez, I was going to post about this days ago, I assumed it was covered!
What's up, ATS?
Slackers!

No, really though, I just got in from out back, hauling in loads of firewood, and I've already got drifts pushing two feet in some areas.

I'm in one of the areas that is supposedly going to get the brunt of the snow fall, S.E. Wisconsin, near the lake, yet in the middle of farm fields.

Did my errands today, needed to par back up on some batteries, thanks to the relationship the kids have with Santa.

Wife is determined to go to work tomorrow, so I threw the tow chains in my truck, as I'm sure I'll be on a "rescue mission" for her tomorrow evening.

Oh yeah, picked up a few extra cases of beer, could be a long couple of days!

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Snow.....Ice......arctic temperatures.... plague of locust and frogs falling from the sky....

God how I love biblical waether.

I am curious though to see how scientists who still beleive global warming are perceiving the weather we have been having.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

edit on 31-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: double post

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by apodictic

In the same boat with you there! 20 inches here, it been snowing for 4 hours now and its coming down heavy.-, lol I think I said that already.
edit on 31-1-2011 by crazydaisy because: added word

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join