It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Golithion
1-3 sleet, ice, and snow down this way in the south. Schools are already closing down the pansies. But anyways these people down here can't drive on a 1/4 inch of the stuff let alone 1-3. So probably for the best. Stay safe everyone and keep them feet and external body parts warm, most important thing other than, when going up hill don't stop half way keep your freaking foot on the Accelerator!

And don't forget to just have fun!! I'm old enough to have been through this stuff before..the sky is not falling!!
However......global "warming" that humankind has some ability to alter....is a gut-buster!!

Jason (I'm jus' sayin')

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
If anyone is interested at all, I'll run a live cam of the storm here in Michigan. Be a chance for you folks in other areas of the world to see this crap storm of epic proportions. I'll have an address later on when it starts and will put it in this thread. I've got plenty of battery bank power so if the grid goes, I'll still be online.

This is going to be pretty epic.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I live 1 block away from Lake Michigan here in Chicago, so it will be interesting what happens in the next 24 hours. I'll try to walk out there and take pictures to show everyone.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Theonlywoody

i'm in Fort Worthless as well... roads are very iced over. Flurries at times.... but nice and sunny here and there. 19F

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by EagleTalonZ

I think that's a lot of snow regardless of where you live.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I live right on the Mississippi here in East Central Iowa and right now the snow is really coming down and the wind is blowing up a storm. We're under a blizzard warning til tomorrow. There has already been one fatal vehicle accident in a neighboring county, and that was this morning before it got bad.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

That would be great, where are you in Michigan? I am concerned about my daughter who works in Novi, Northville area and has to drive home at 9:00 PM tonight on U.S. 23 to Fenton which is just Soiuth of Flint. I just called her to tell her she should cancel her last appointment at 8:00 PM, she is a hairdresser, she said she was going to. The area she lives in is near the I-69 snowbelt and they usually get more snow then in this area.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aquarius1
reply to post by billxam

That would be great, where are you in Michigan? I am concerned about my daughter who works in Novi, Northville area and has to drive home at 9:00 PM tonight on U.S. 23 to Fenton which is just Soiuth of Flint. I just called her to tell her she should cancel her last appointment at 8:00 PM, she is a hairdresser, she said she was going to. The area she lives in is near the I-69 snowbelt and they usually get more snow then in this area.

That's not good. I know the area. I would expect 23 and 69 to be closed by midnight. Hopefully they will close her business for the storm. I hope that she gets home okay. This deal is going to be an epic storm so documenting it is important.

I'll throw one camera on our back deck and then switch to the front street later on.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I live in Iowa and it has been snowing non stop for the past 24 hrs.
Sadly, it isnt going to lighten up and the worst is supposed to happen sometime tonight or tomarrow morning

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Our security cam is showing the back deck. Page also shows current weather radar. Page will be active until 2/2/2011. Watch the LED lights get buried in snow! Included is a handy snow depth gauge.
Will switch to street view after 9:00 pm EST.

Link to camera

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
This has been a crazy winter for the US. I love snow, but holy hell that is a lot we've been getting! Glad I am just far enough south to get some of it and not the full on piling like some of these other states. Good luck and stay warm to all of those effected by this system!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Im in Indiana chicago suburbs really and i love it it looks so cool and its gonna be fun but people are already panicing stores are going crazy people fighting and stuff oh well i got my smokes and beer hopefully we dont lose power i forgot gas lol for everyone else involved have fun and chill its just snow good luck

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
So I happen to see the subject line of this post, thought I'd give it a look..you know, just to see, not surprisingly how far it would go before this winter stormed turned into a government created disaster. It was 1 post..
Before anyone jumps to wild conclusions that this is somehow related to HAARP. take note of this:
I have quickly searched the 10 worse storms in the century (U.S.)
www.epicdisasters.com...

Spanning back to 1888. Does anyone want to make a suggestion that HAARP existed in the 1800's?

Not saying "HAARP" doesn't exist..Not saying "Global Warming" doesn't exist.
Just saying before any facts or numbers are recognized, some seem to jump to a "conclusion" without basis of information.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

OMG thanks for posting this because this has never happened in human history were all gonna die people OMJEEEEEZ!!!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Des Moines Iowa here - it is total blizzard conditions here for sure. The wind is blowing and howling. The drive home from work was bad and slow - could only go about 20miles per hour the whole way. Now Im listening to the police scanner....cops keep calling in roads covered in high drifts.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I live in southwestern Missouri and on average we have about 23" of snow that has fallen in the past 16 hours. I'm 45 years old and this might be the worst snow storm I've been associated with. On a good note... I get to say home instead of working tonight.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Ft. Wayne, Indiana here - having a blizzard and it was pretty bad for a while with the high wind. Been a little calmer the past 15 minutes or so. Trying to connect with local news thru Ham Radio, reception not that great. Heard ice hitting the windows earlier - hope it wasn't much. Difficult to look out the windows is see just how much we have, all I see just about are trees blowing and snow! Was too windy for my wind chimes, lol - brought them.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Gotta love the folks who dismiss Global Warming just because it's cold when in fact, severe winters are part of the Global Warming process.

Nice.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by billxam

Watching you webcam, started to snow here about an hour ago...btw my daughter just called, she got home about a half hour ago, she said 96 to 23 wasn't great but 23 was fine and she was able to drive about 50 all the way home. She did cancel her last appointment. Sent her a link to you webcam, I was really worried, she and her husband are having their first baby come April.

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
SouthWest Missouri / NE Oklahoma / SE Kansas is pretyty much buried.. I cant see my car in my driveway...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join