It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ADUB77

Hahahahaha I am not going out every hour to shovel snow.....Your funny. I will emerge on Thursday from my nice warm house with shovel in hand. I am young yet and this is nothing new to us up here. I'll save my strength and do it in one shot. Thanks for the advice though!

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Dont know if this has been posted, but I-70 is shut down statewide in Missouri

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by paearmor

ooops..no second line..

And my dog Ranger just jumped on the bed for the first time!!! Its a tall bed..so dont laugh...weve been cooped up all day..

..rack it up to cabin fever..sorry guys

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by hardamber

Yes so far we are lucky enough to have electricm I know some are not so fortunate. I wonder if they will open any shelters for those without heat. Take care

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:24 PM
link   

edit on 2-2-2011 by crazydaisy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by MallardDuck

Star!!

I also want to welcome you to ATS.....

This is a family of like minded , unlike minded individuals who will make you feel 'sane' as opposed to the sleepers who have no idea.....

This storm is somethin serious!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Indiana got it pretty bad.

My town is out of milk eggs and bread. People are freaking out over it. They remind me of the Irish whom perished during the great potato famine. I'm just glad I was able to fill up a couple of 2 liters full of water before everything froze.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by The_Zomar

I'm in Indiana and a friend of mine that went to the store said bread, milk, peanut butter and other stable foods were not on the shelves. We have been getting blizzard conditions for hours - blowing sleet right now.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   
It is bad. It is snowing hard, winds are brutal. The snow drifts are the worse, i have snow drifts blown up to my windows! I have never seen snow drifts get that high here. I couldn't imagine someone surviving very long outside. 14°F here feels like 7 below. They canceled work tomorrow and that has not happened in over a decade. Just hope we don't get ice storms and lose power.

edit on 2-2-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
Here are a few photos taken about midnight.

These are some drifts, out my back door.

First photo, the peak of that fence is about 50 inches tall.

Panning left, to the big drift, that fence is still there (I think) drift is higher than fence.

Front driveway is no better,
however, I still have power. It blinked out three times now, but came back on quickly.

To all those without power,
good luck, keep warm, and our prayers and thoughts are with you.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

Here are some images from the GOES satellite. Let me say that is one impressive storm:

NOAA Environmental Laboratory

It is equally as impressive as that huge cyclone about to hit Eastern Australia. Is it me or there's some crazy weather happening recently?

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Wow you folks out west are just getting slammed by this. Over here either it hasn't hit that bad yet or we are not getting it. Unusual I thought this storm was loaded with moisture yet the snow we are getting is very fine not the big flakes like we usually get. Wind is steady at about 25 mph but this so far is not the storm of the century for us, still early though time will tell.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I am in Connecticut. I can't help but feel betrayed by the weather service when they give these damn predictions. Every time a storm has come this way, precipitation has been triple the amount of what they predict. They say six inch's, yet it's two feet! I made a months salary shoveling peoples roofs in 3day's. There are so many houses that have collapsed due to the weight of the snow it's not even a -wow- moment anymore. Every Thursday or so for the past month there has been a snow storm in Connecticut. There is no more room to pack snow away so streets are being left unplowed. People are even starting to shovel the streets themselves because of the lack of funding for our state plows. All this and we still have 2 months left of winter? Jeesh!!!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I just posted this to Missouri thread, but will try here.

I'm getting a 'Civil Danger Warning' on the TV broadcasting system (wow, the noise is enough to freak anyone out! So loud!) for my county and a few others nearby. I'm in WI.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I just went outside to measure a non snow drift. I am counting layers as well. From Connecticut's last 3 snow storms the total height excluding snow drift's are four feet six inchs. The current storm as of NOW has not hit Connecticut yet.
edit on 2-2-2011 by MITSwagger because
height)

edit on 2-2-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Unfortunately I work in the media. It's our job to outside to tell everyone else not to go outside.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SourGrapes

What city are you in and what channel? I'm in Racine.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

Boy do I feel for you and everyone else getting slammed here. Back-to-back-to-back storms like thiis weren't fun when there was money for plowing. Hope we don't get to the point of having to tunnel to the mailbox.

We had 5 inches here in GA a few weeks ago and couldn't leave the house for 6 days. No offense, but i hope it stays away for the rest of the winter...from all of us.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Mastermook

But this many epic disasters almost simultaneously? The flooding, the snowstorms, the volcanoes, the earthquakes? Have you seen the massive storm over Australia? It's as big as the one over N. America. Crazy weather happens, but this is beginning to smell.

And then when you have people like the Rothschilds buying virtually the only weather puppets they didn't control? Even I'm beginning to get suspicious.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by joyride0187

I'm in New Berlin, found this when I googled 'civil danger warning'.:

Twitter updates on civil danger warning

BTW, it was a Milwaukee local channel (I have UVerse, channel 24 - WCG)

It's still going off, every few minutes. It woke my kids earlier, and freaked 'em out.

Edit to add this link (notice the areas with 'Civil Danger Warning': Alerts for the area

Wierd, I've never heard of such an alert. It's kind of freaky.

edit on 2-2-2011 by SourGrapes because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join