It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Massive winter system spans 2,000 miles, threatens Midwest cities

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
reply to post by pianopraze

THIS IS A MAN MADE THING!
THINK ABOUT IT!

Who wants to go out and have some civil unrest in the freezing cold?
They see whats going on around the world, so they turn up the old weather manipulating machine and cool down the temp.
putting everyone on ice and in a freezer, effectivly chilling out everyone.
Dont think they havnt studdied all wars and history and the history channel, ( band of brothers) and all WWII color videos on this month.
Watch and you'll see everyone bogged down by snow and weather slowing down and even stopping battles.

They saw the heat going up in the world, so they turned down the temperature.
SIMPLEST ANSWER IS USUALY THE RIGHT ONE.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Kind of got Lucky here in South Jersey , 43 Degrees Right Now with just some constant mild rain which happened to Melt all the Snow from last week here .

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
We got hit with blizzard here where we are, and have lelve 1 snow emergencies declared basically throughout the whole state. This means the roads are open for emergency traffic only.

What I find crazy-stupid is that people are getting into trouble for not being able to show up at work, Wife's boss keeps hounding her to come in and she's like... sure, I'll get right on that

It's crazy what employers think the employees will do for them.

Franly, even with this economy, no job is worth the loss of life that can result from driving in this type of weather.

Told my wife that the next time the guy calls, I'LL talk to him lol See what he has to say when the board of labor gets involved

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
We're at a level 3 in Northwest Ohio.
They have pretty much closed down everything.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by DARKCYDE_CROWLEY

My Condolences..Stay Warm !

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
We have a lot of snow - heaviest part of the blizzard was last night. We have big drifts at the interesection where I live, I saw one car out this morning and it got stuck. I understand a lot of people lost power but we didn't, I think they opened the community centers for those without heat. We were at Level 1 Emergency last night, not sure if that has been changed or not.

Employers that expect their employees to show for work today are just concerned about lining their pockets, they have no concern for the safety of the people that work for them. Take a snow day folks and stay safe!

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
West Side of Chicago here -

All I can say is - OH MY GOD!!!

I think we're close to 20 inches of snow. So far. It is STILL snowing!

Later on I'm going to go outside and take some pix.

The weirdest thing to me, when I got up this morning - it was completely silent. No noise. No cars, no snow blowers, no planes overhead (both airports are closed), dead silence. Eerie.

The news has been on since 4am. I am surprised I still have power. They said that there were 75 mph winds coming off Lake Michigan. 50, 60 mph winds all over.

They just said - our Ground Hog day got cancelled! Oh noes! Too much for even the woodland creatures LOL.

If I can get some pix, and the electric remains on, I will upload them later.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
We got very lucky here in Royal Oak in Southern Oakland County, very little snow on the ground but my street is snow covered, There is light snow coming down and the news is warning that most roads are snow covered and icy and advising people to stay home. Just spoke with my daughter who lives about 45 miles North of here near Flint off U.S. 23 and eight miles West of I-75 which is a snow belt area and they have about 12 inches of snow and she said it has been snowing heavily the past three hours there.

The local news here says the snow should stop around 5:00 PM.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZombieWoof
What's with all of the reports of thunder and lightning during these snowstorms lately? I was just watching CNN and the guy in Chicago reporting thunder and lightning during the blizzard. You just don't hear about that kind of thing very often.

I love a good conspiracy theory but I'm usually pretty skeptical. On the other hand there have been a lot of 'natura'l events lately.

We're able to witness such natural disasters or severe weather right in our living rooms now thanks to advanced media technology.

Don't claim a lot of natural events have been happening lately as natural events AND disasters happen every single day and go unreported, due to either no body count or lack of total destruction.

This is nothing new to our planet but maybe new to some eyes who never witnessed it before.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Most of Indiana will have to stay at home soon. Only emergency personnel aloud out.

www.in.gov...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by superjesse13132000

THIS IS A MAN MADE THING!
THINK ABOUT IT!

Who wants to go out and have some civil unrest in the freezing cold?
They see whats going on around the world, so they turn up the old weather manipulating machine and cool down the temp.
putting everyone on ice and in a freezer, effectivly chilling out everyone.
Dont think they havnt studdied all wars and history and the history channel, ( band of brothers) and all WWII color videos on this month.
Watch and you'll see everyone bogged down by snow and weather slowing down and even stopping battles.

They saw the heat going up in the world, so they turned down the temperature.
SIMPLEST ANSWER IS USUALY THE RIGHT ONE.

I had an odd thought after reading your post.

What if they are angling this storm to bring up all those toxins in the air from the BP spill up through the rest of the country.

I am behind on listening to the C2C streamlink, but I listened to the June 14th and one of the guys was saying there are at least 3 deadly chemicals being released into the air from the oil coming up. The concentrations are "safe" at like 5 ppb and there are like 5000ppb being released all the time. That it was only a mater of time before it spreads up the east coast and that there was going to be a plague of health problems in LA. We are already seeing these problems in LA...

Wild speculative conspiracy... but this ATS

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Here in South West Michigan we got 12" or so and no major problems other than some idiots stuck in my drive asking to be pulled out. Sorry call a wrecker I was trying to plow with the Bobcat when they pulled in for whatever reason turned their car into the deep snow and just sat there flagging me over. I'm going to plow around I guess they took off walking.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
Here in South West Michigan we got 12" or so and no major problems other than some idiots stuck in my drive asking to be pulled out. Sorry call a wrecker I was trying to plow with the Bobcat when they pulled in for whatever reason turned their car into the deep snow and just sat there flagging me over. I'm going to plow around I guess they took off walking.

Be careful Karma can be a real female dog.

And she bites

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Here in Baltimore we have been very luckey not to have been effected this time. Just a little rain just feel bad for the mid west and all they are going through

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidmcc
Here in Baltimore we have been very luckey not to have been effected this time. Just a little rain just feel bad for the mid west and all they are going through

Hi !

Welcome to ATS. Thank you for making your first post in my thread.

I get to have the honor of giving you your first star

Enjoy and watch out for the crazies...

[got to stop talking about myself like this]

edit on 2-2-2011 by pianopraze because: formatting error

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Binder

I favor the "green" goal of reducing pollution and waste despite the lack of any link to planetary warming. The focus of pollution reduction should be on conservation of resources, recycling, and reduction/elimination of the production and discharge of toxins into the environment and into humans through dissemination of toxins in food and other products. The focus should be on factors other than carbon dioxide.

As far as global warming/cooling is concerned, the global warming/cooling proponents commit the logical error of asserting that correlation equals causation. Correlation may point to variables that should be considered, but that's all it does.

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Whatever they were not supposed to be out on the roads anyway. There's been a string of robberies of people going to help others in this town so nobody helps anybody and nobody gets robbed. besides I was on a bobcat no chain or rope and I have a business to protect. Scratch somebodys car and get sued no reason to sue is too small around here
edit on 2-2-2011 by mikellmikell because: To add

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Driveway

After a snowplow went through my street.

My girlfriend was stuck on the train for 3 hours and another friend was stuck on a bus that spun out for 7 hours.

There was thunder and lightning for hours last night.. scary stuff.

I tried walking out to Lake Michigan but almost got blown away by the wind. Someone was walking along the lake last night and they found the body this morning...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i live in Quebec .. near Montreal .. and the snow have already created a carambolage of 60 vehicules

there is at least 2 foot of snow in some area
the snow is thick creating solid block of snow hard to remove .. very compact
its been a very long time since we had this kind of weather .. its beautiful .. WHITE EVERYWHERE lol

i had to go shop for beers and stuff .. my little black Yaris can go through anything lol
and i have experience driving in snow
+ winter tires

i have to lay down my hat for our powerfull mother nature .. RESPECT HER AND SHE WONT UNLEASH A 2500 MILE MEGASTORM ...

In Egypt we have a few country in total revolution
in Australia there is a Katrina very powerfull tropical storm that will flood a already flooded country

CAN YOU SMELLLA WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN ?

the countdown to 2012 is almost at 0 .. coincidence or not ?? NOT
edit on 2/2/2011 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by eLee7

nice picture .. it seem very similar to what we have here .. its a copycat street of Montreal
snow like this everywhere

on small roads like this .. its a nightmare if a tractor pass to remove the snow .. all care will have a wall on their side lol

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join