It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

I should have been a tad bit clearer. Being gay is as perceived as being wrong , just like the things I mentioned, However this is a personal opinion and has nothing to do with equality.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I know. I understand people believe it is wrong. But to me personally it's like someone having the belief that heterosexuality is wrong. It doesn't make sense to me.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Being Gay Is personal. Equality is public. Lets keep it that way, shall we.

And to be quite honest with you, only God reserves the right to judge.
edit on 24-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Either way, saying gay people are hurting the population is just ridiculous. That's what I was getting @.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by oliveoil

I suppose. I'm just someone who sometimes enjoys acting as an unbiased observer and understanding another person's perception of something. Kinda like... walking a mile in their shoes to understand them better. It helps me to understand why that person believes what they believe.

Oh, religion. It does always seem to come back to that.
edit on 24-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by brokedown
Homosexuals in the US have the same civil rights as any other citizen.

The way I see it is Homosexuals want more or different rights than that of the rest of the US share.

Why ? ?

Yeah? Like the right to marry and have that marriage recognized by the federal government? Not.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Perplexity
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Either way, saying gay people are hurting the population is just ridiculous. That's what I was getting @.

If anything they help it. They can adopt the children that already need a loving home.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majestic Lumen
reply to post by seeashrink

You pretty much covered it all, I feel the same way. It's all about sexual perversion. If it wasnt for the "sex" there would be no definition of what gay is.

You can't be "born" with a sexual preference. You develop one.
Does one deserve the same rights as everyone else? ya, I don't care, they can do their thing I'll do mine, wether I think it's wrong or not. It just gets a bit annoying after a while, because there are bigger more important issues to deal with, if the gays win all their equal rights battles, yet by the time they get them, they have the right to line up next to the straight population in the fema concentration camps. lol

If there are bigger and more important issues to "deal with" than individual freedoms and equal treatment under federal and state law, then feel free to skip this thread entirely. Your input won't be missed.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

The way I see it is Homosexuals want more or different rights than that of the rest of the US share.

Why ? ?

Yeah? Like the right to marry and have that marriage recognized by the federal government? Not.

Here's the problem about not being specific about the marriage issue. From what I've found, when bringing up that gay people are not allowed to marry, that isn't true. They can marry the same as heterosexuals can. And heterosexual can't marry the same way homosexual can't. It's the issue of the homosexual wanting to marry their same-sex partner that is the problem.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Men wanting intercourse with men is not normal. Sorry it makes me sick.

I have no sympathy for any of them.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by SpaceJ

it hurts the species.

sex is for procreating.
edit on 24-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

Really? Who passed that edict that sex was only for procreation and not for expressing love of your partner? Please inform us all.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Right on, That's a good way to think.

People know deep down inside weather they are doing good or evil, This they have to live with.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil
Cant we all just come to the same conclusion that Yes, being gay is wrong. But so is picking your nose, Farting, burping, lying, cheating,swearing, fighting, ect ,ect..Face it, were all human. Issue should be can we all conduct ourselves in a orderly fashion.As far as equal rights are concern, EVERYONE deserves equality, problem is ,is that equality is not a human trait. Its a goal. Great thread Jax

No we can't come to that conclusion. How is being gay wrong? Leave out the bible references and just state the argument and supporting facts that make being glbt wrong.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

You sound like a definite closet homosexual.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Being Gay Is personal. Equality is public. Lets keep it that way, shall we.

And to be quite honest with you, only God reserves the right to judge.

And if I don't believe in your schitzo God, who on the one hand makes people glbt, and on the other hand would (through your eyes) appear to hate them?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Cant we all just come to the same conclusion that Yes, being gay is wrong. But so is picking your nose, Farting, burping, lying, cheating,swearing, fighting, ect ,ect..Face it, were all human. Issue should be can we all conduct ourselves in a orderly fashion.As far as equal rights are concern, EVERYONE deserves equality, problem is ,is that equality is not a human trait. Its a goal. Great thread Jax

No we can't come to that conclusion. How is being gay wrong? Leave out the bible references and just state the argument and supporting facts that make being glbt wrong.

Facts like how homosexual men increase the amount of AIDs in the global population?

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

If you happened to view to view my rebuttal I made myself clear. If you would like to examine that, Im all ears. FYI, I did not use any bible reference. (dont need too)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Why ? ?

Here's the problem about not being specific about the marriage issue. From what I've found, when bringing up that gay people are not allowed to marry, that isn't true. They can marry the same as heterosexuals can. And heterosexual can't marry the same way homosexual can't. It's the issue of the homosexual wanting to marry their same-sex partner that is the problem.

Yes they can marry. BUT, is their marriage recognized under law? No.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

Facts like how homosexual men increase the amount of AIDs in the global population?

You are about twenty-five years out of date on your supposed "facts" pal.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

Why are you bringing up my favorite subject? (GOD) This has nothing to do with god? And I dont think the Author intended his thread to end up their. (off topic)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join