It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

well that depends on where you live.

let me ask you, how many countries have outlawed homosexuality in some manner?

i await your google results. should be fun.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Thats pretty easy.

You draw the line at: Both those people dont agree, or have the capacity to agree, with the "relationship" they are involved in.

dogs dont agree. Kids do not agree. Two grown men can agree.

Two teenagers agree. even the parents usually agree. And if they dont agree, they press charges. the law, she works!

6 women are likely not to agree. It could work. But lets work on 2 concenting male adults agreeing before we start considering more.

ANYWAYS, the crux of the argument is completely gone from this debate. Who cares about pedophiles or doglovers? screw them. their sick freeks who need to check themselves. ask 99.99999% of people and they will agree on that.

2 consenting male adults should have the right to marry, adopt, and go to hanaluhu for their honeymoon. Yes, not everybody agrees on that. But the people who dont agree have no rebutting argument other then "WELL..... PEDOPHILES.... DOGLOVERS.... POLYGAMISTS....."

Its a big race to the bottom of the stupid barrel. If your biggoted, just admit it.

There are certain things that are inherently wrong in this world. And it is pretty obvious, to any american with a strong moral fiber, that homosexual relationships arent one of them.

Just go through the buzzphrases...

MERRYING AND HAVING SEX WITH YOUR PETS

MERRYING AND HAVING SEX WITH YOUR CHILDREN

MERRYING AND HAVING SEX WITH YOUR CONCENTING HOMOSEXUAL COMPANION AND LOVER

if they all make you equally uncomfortable, then your a bigot.

Either that, or you have a logical explenation for your oposition to homosexuals that doesnt equate them to pedophiles or beastiality. Possibly something that actually has to do with the negative impact they would have on society, given a few more rights and a chance at happiness....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by SPACEYstranger

since you seem to be trumpeting the law too, i ask you how well that argument would hold up in one of these 85 or so countries.

one of which is a territory of the US

Countries where homosexuality illegal

so it looks like if you were to live in one of these places (some of which is death penalty) you would be viewed the same as a pedo.

edit on 24-12-2010 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76
reply to post by SpaceJ

my what? How do you know what I define?

how can you acquire so much in depth information about how critical I am on how I feel homosexuality is unnatural in just a paragraph? You do not listen to well. If you read my post I said NOT all Homosexuals act like that. I don't give a damn about gay people, I just find it comical I have seen or met some that have cut my hair That have allot of ahem, sugar in their tank.. You can label that however you wish, but I am quite confident their sexual orientation is Homosexual.

BTW don't bother trolling me again.. Or spinning my two dimensional words on the forum..

That post was enough for me to think that you seem to base your outlook of society on gender roles. You are confusing sex with gender, in my opinion.

Men naturally do not have to dress or talk a certain way, those concepts are gender roles taught by society alone. Dressing or talking a certain way doesn't make you gay, and has nothing to do with your sex.

That's all I was saying. How am I trolling you? All I was doing was trying to give you some links on the sociology of gender. I was trying to help your understanding about the difference between sex and gender, not trying to troll you! Sorry if it seemed that way.
edit on 12/24/2010 by SpaceJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

I live in the US where homosexuality is legal. Where consenting adults engage in long-lasting same-gender relationships where they can receive a civil union, the inferior version of a marriage. Being that homosexual relationships are legal in the US. Being that civil unions are somewhat comparable to marriages, and being that they're an inferior version of marriage, it isn't that much of a stretch to allow the gay community to get married to their same-sex partners.

Every single other comparison you made to homosexuality is illegal, and therein lies the problem and the reason why your logic is flawed.

edit on 24-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJ

I was not emphasizing gender roles had anything to do with the DEFINITION of GAY
Since you decided to assume I was ignorant to the concept of gender roles, you decided to spin and troll my intellectual property.

apology accepted.

btw we are all not suppose to think and act the same hero..

I bleed red.. Not drone.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   

apparently only flawed in the US.

as other countries dont hold the same sentiment.

Puerto rico (US) being one of them.

(i thought love was universal)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   

I can only speak for the country I live in really. In some countries being homosexual can get you killed. In some countries, looking at the dictator incorrectly can get you killed. The cultures can get pretty wild in some areas.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JaxonRoberts
reply to post by gps777

Until this moment, I had no idea that Skippy was an Aussie thang... And I still say that you cannot be someones REAL friend and hate what they are at the core... It's not possible...

"Just to get out of the "box:"

Uh... I have "Alcoholic friends" ; I despise the suffering they bring to themselves and their families but they have many "redeeming" qualities...Just positing a different angle to this quoted reply I won't be arguing "alcoholism truly is a "choice";(though there is some evidence of genetics involved with addictive behaviors); and being Gay is not....

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

then maybe we shouldn't judge sexuality solely off legality.

as legalities obviously differ from place to place.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker

apparently only flawed in the US.

as other countries dont hold the same sentiment.

Puerto rico (US) being one of them.

(i thought love was universal)

Puerto Rico legalised homosexuality in 2003, your list seems to be out of date.

Wiki LGBT rights article

link   
Homosexuals in the US have the same civil rights as any other citizen.

The way I see it is Homosexuals want more or different rights than that of the rest of the US share.

Why ? ?

link   

Like I originally said. The matter comes down to consent. Which really only establishes relationships between what are considered to be consenting adults that were not coerced or forced into the behavior of any kind unknowingly and unwillingly.

Which only really extends to polygamy and incest.

link   
My opinion on the matter is that Female on Female is cool but male on male is uncool. That is all. Merry Christmas gentlemen.

link   
reply to post by catwhoknowsplusone

my god!!!!! really, you are so elitist. Explain yourself please

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
What about gay and Lesbian Christians/Catholics. Isn't homosexuality frowned upon by the Bible?

Maybe it isn't I have no idea. I've only ever read a few chapters of the bible, but I'm pretty sure I've heard that homosexuality is considered a sin by the Christian and Roman Catholic religion.

Yet I know so many honosexuals that are Christians or Catholics.

But the bottom line is, I don't have to agree with every opinion YOU have in order to be your friend. Ygghh that would make for a disgusting relationship.

I mean I have friends that are pro life, and some that are pro abortion. Isn't that just as big of an issue as what they choose to do behind closed doors in privacy?

What if you don't agree with homosexuality, but tey one day your 14 year old child comes to you and tells you he/or she is gay. Are you gonna stop loving them? Stop speaking to them, stop being "friends" with them? Come on..., of course not.

You can learn to accept people for who they are even if you don't like some of thier behavior and you can still manage to be friends.I mean unless the person is a serial killer, or rapist, or pedophile ect, those types of people, I just can't be friends with, even if they are family.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

just my opinion
edit on 24-12-2010 by Redevilfan09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

well yours still shows half of the world under "large penalty/death"

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by RelentlessLurker
reply to post by SpaceJ

the reason i brought up the others originally, was because the same people that i see championing homosexuality as a "civil rights" mission, do not seem to be parading for any other types of sexuality other than their own.

i do not see this as progressing "civil rights" i see it as progressing an exclusive sexuality.

i use those examples to illustrate the same disgust one might feel towards another. earlier in the thread there was growing sentiment that homosexuals are singled out, when they themselves do the singling out by not acknowledging other types of civil rights injustices.

yet somehow, a different group using the same arguement, cannot receive the same exemption.

Child abuse HURTS CHILDREN. That's why it's wrong and illegal. Animal abuse HURTS ANIMALS. That's why it's wrong and illegal. Polygamy CAN potentially hurt people, women and children. So it can potentially be wrong and is illegal in some places. Those things can disgust me because they are wrong morally, and I don't even base morals off religion so please don't go there. Their legality has nothing to do with me viewing them as wrong.

Homosexuality doesn't hurt anyone. And where it is illegal, it's based on unfounded nonsense or religion (more unfounded nonsense). So in that sense it's neither immoral nor illegal.

Homosexuality should not be being compared to any of these things.

Just because you feel that these forms of abuse are "sexual choices" doesn't make it similar to homosexuality to me in any way. There's no reason in this.

I'm going to the store now, I really hope this thread gets back on track (by that I mean, I hope people are done equating being gay with abusive "sexual choices") by the time I'm home.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Redevilfan09

Lol. This is why I always look at the join date for people in relation to their posts, so I can immediately point out a troll versus somebody who is really actively engaged in serious discussion.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join