It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"I have gay friends, but..." Umm... No, you don't...

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarkpassenger

If a gay woman marries a man, yes, it is recognized. If a straight woman marries another straight woman, then no, it is not recognized. Gay people can marry the same as straight people can. Gay people aren't being excluded from the marriage law.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by oliveoil

Originally posted by mydarkpassenger

Cant we all just come to the same conclusion that Yes, being gay is wrong. But so is picking your nose, Farting, burping, lying, cheating,swearing, fighting, ect ,ect..Face it, were all human. Issue should be can we all conduct ourselves in a orderly fashion.As far as equal rights are concern, EVERYONE deserves equality, problem is ,is that equality is not a human trait. Its a goal. Great thread Jax

No we can't come to that conclusion. How is being gay wrong? Leave out the bible references and just state the argument and supporting facts that make being glbt wrong.

If you happened to view to view my rebuttal I made myself clear. If you would like to examine that, Im all ears. FYI, I did not yous any bible reference. (dont need too)

Again, just how is being gay "wrong" ?

BTW: yous? Are you from Jersey or what?
edit on 24-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: add

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

How the hell did I get dragged into this???

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
To the OP. I don't agree with homosexuality, I don't understand homosexuals, but not once have I ever claimed that I'm friends with one, because I'm not. I find it hard to be friendly with someone I don't understand. So in the future I would appreciate if you refrain from lumping people like me in with the people you were referring to, because I'm not a hypocrite.

Thank you and Merry Christmas

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Wow, another you have to support the homosexual lifestyle or you're evil and stupid thread..............brought to you and supported by the usual subjects. Don't worry, Obama and the libs repealed DADT, not because they care about the military (obviously they don't), but rather as a stepping stone to passing gay marriage. Just a matter of time until you can be as miserable as everyone else. Funny, I see alot of "leave the bible out of it" on here as if only homosexulas have all of the facts...............kind of an ignorant belief to have. As pointed out by several people on here already, you don't have to like everything about a person, nor support everything they do just to be a friend, at least that's how it works for the vast majority of us normal folks

link   

Am I, pal?

www.webmd.com...

link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist

If a gay woman marries a man, yes, it is recognized. If a straight woman marries another straight woman, then no, it is not recognized. Gay people can marry the same as straight people can. Gay people aren't being excluded from the marriage law.

Gay marriage is NOT recognized by the feds as far as tax law is concerned, and as far as spouse benefits like health care, life insurance and social security benefits.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by adifferentbreed

Sexual attraction is not a lifestyle. I repeat, sexual attraction is not a lifestyle.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Gay marriage is NOT recognized by the feds as far as tax law is concerned, and as far as spouse benefits like health care, life insurance and social security benefits.

But you didn't say gay marriage. Yous said, "Yeah? Like the right to marry and have that marriage recognized by the federal government? Not." Which is what I was originally responding to. Homosexuals and heterosexuals both have to abide by the same marriage laws. Homosexuals have a right to marry... but that marriage just so happens to fall alongside the same laws that heterosexuals follow.

Heterosexuals aren't allowed to gay marry either.
edit on 24-12-2010 by arbitrarygeneraiist because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by WickedStar
reply to post by seeashrink

I think you're as insane as you assume people who choose to be gay are. And while you didn't make that direct claim - the very fact that you believe gay people would CHOOSE a life where prejudice, redicule, neglect, abandonment, abuse, government sanctioned torture (in some places) is an everyday thing must necessitate that they are somehow insane at worst and irrational at best. It is astonishing to me that someone who is obviously intelligent could maintain this rediculous perception after being told time and time and time agian that there is no such choice being made by homosexuals. Give me one solid reason why someone would choose this life? Just this past september we saw 8 people CHOOSE to end their lives rather than endure the torture imposed on them by people who think exactly the same way you do. Don't you think that of these 8 people, at least one of them would have chosen to be heterosexual to escape their torment? If it's such an easy choice - why didn't they choose heterosexuality? Because they couldn't. That choice was not available to them the same way it's not available to you or me or anyone else. A gay man can have sex with a woman all day long - and they have, for centuries, but that never made them straight.
And thank you for bringing up the old reproduction argument agian...because apparently it needs to be addressed agian. It is very true that at least biologically, man and woman are designed to reproduce. However, the desire to reproduce is not evident in every man and woman. Does that make them unnatural? I think not! And if, in fact, it did mean that these people were "unnatural", would that also necessitate that they are some how less than those who do reproduce are? Most certainly not! Homosexuality has been demonstrated time and time agian in nature - in species different and similar to ours...you're not suggesting that these animals are also making a choice to be gay, are you?
I think that this choice argument hinges on a false supposition that homosexuality is about only about sex. It's not really. Our sexuality about who we love and want to be with and why we want to be with them. Homosexuals desire, by virture of instinct, to be with members of their same sex for a multitude of reasons - not just sex. Would you say that your love for a woman is solely dependant on your sexual interaction with her - I hope not. Hopefully, you would love her for many reasons - her sex being only one of them. It is the same with homosexuals.
So, think real hard about the day you decided that you were a heterosexual and I think you'll find that you made no such choice at all. You simply knew it - there was no question. I never made that choice either.

Absolutely fantastic post! It is NOT a choice. I fought it for years because I thought being straight would be an easier life. I cannot be what I am not. And you are right...it is NOT all about sex.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Gradius Maximus

Very valid point..

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
TMZ might actually care. why does ATS even allow this kind of bs thread stupidity on this site.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Cant we all just come to the same conclusion that Yes, being gay is wrong. But so is picking your nose, Farting, burping, lying, cheating,swearing, fighting, ect ,ect..Face it, were all human. Issue should be can we all conduct ourselves in a orderly fashion.As far as equal rights are concern, EVERYONE deserves equality, problem is ,is that equality is not a human trait. Its a goal. Great thread Jax

No we can't come to that conclusion. How is being gay wrong? Leave out the bible references and just state the argument and supporting facts that make being glbt wrong.

If you happened to view to view my rebuttal I made myself clear. If you would like to examine that, Im all ears. FYI, I did not yous any bible reference. (dont need too)

Again, just how is being gay "wrong" ?

BTW: yous? Are you from Jersey or what?
edit on 24-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: add

I used the term "wrong" As an analogy to describe human function I think I made myself crystal clear what I meant. You , my friend are looking for an argument, not a debate
edit on 24-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
us gays are the nwo!

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Am I, pal?

www.webmd.com...

That simply shows that the least educated among the population are the most likely to contract and pass on HIV.

In fact, the primary HIV trans is within the heterosexual community now, not the gay community:

edit on 24-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (link got screwed)

edit on 24-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: www.thebody.com...

edit on 24-12-2010 by mydarkpassenger because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Can I be friends or love anyone who stands in opposition of my political, religious or societal beliefs? I think the answer is yes....mater of fact my own personal faith tells me to love each and everyone.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by zippy1958

it is NOT all about sex.
I have NEVER met a GAY virgin.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Why do some think this is a clever point of debate?

Its not.

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinglizard
Can I be friends or love anyone who stands in opposition of my political, religious or societal beliefs? I think the answer is yes....mater of fact my own personal faith tells me to love each and everyone.

The key word here is "LOVE" not "LUST" And this is what sex is.. "LUST" weather with a man or woman. All faiths teach that men and woman are for procreation
edit on 24-12-2010 by oliveoil because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

I don't think it's really fair to compare the two, being that the heterosexual community is many times larger than the homosexual community. So of course the heterosexual community will mostly have larger statistics than the homosexual community.

My point was to indicate how such a minority like homosexuals have such a spread of HIV and AIDs within their smaller community. You really have to look at the ratio. 1 in 5 is still a bit extreme.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join